• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Smokey

Ay I'm on AKA and I've been trying to send you mssg's but no response. I'll be on for awhile so hopefully we can play tonite.

Smokey

Holy shit aka good ass game man.

84-83

Bogans way to come through in the fucking clutch!!

I'm down by 2, less than 15 seconds to go. I run a play to Bogans isolated in the corner. I know he has a very quick release and it will be hard for the defender to get to it. I go for the dagger and do a few moves and Bogans launches a 3 and hits it with 8.8 left.

So now I'm down by 1. AKA calls timeout. For whatever reason I put Foyle who is garbage in at the PF for height in case he goes to Garnett. Sure enough he came through. Inbounds to pierce is blocked by Foyle so 1.1 left. I'm sitting here panicking trying to figure out who he's going to go to. Ray gets it about at the elbow with like 3 people on him and misses.

Great series AKA.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Foyle gets a block! Enough said.. I didn't deserve to win...:lol

:lol

I dunno why I didn't think to do that matchup earlier. Probably because he's Foyle and isn't very good but he was good for that one possession and that's all I needed:lol

I say we sim the LAL-PHX series since there is seemingly no activity, and force me into the championship round.

just kidding. I'm just itching to play again

Smokey

pheeniks said:
I say we sim the LAL-PHX series since there is seemingly no activity, and force me into the championship round.

just kidding. I'm just itching to play again

What's the deadline 4 the game 2 get played??

Konex and I have been attempting to play each other but our schedules have been conflicting as hell lately. I'm hopeful we can play today, sorry for the delay guys

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Konex...where are you?!? I want to win my way to the next round... not be simmed through! :mad:

Did you try PMing, message through XBL? He always in the Madden thread maybe you could catch him there.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Advanced

New York vs Orlando

Phoenix vs Miami

Tuesday night guys.... Get em done..

Logged in and it appears as if I got the short end on the homecourt again for this series. wtf 2ksports!

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
Logged in and it appears as if I got the short end on the homecourt again for this series. wtf 2ksports!
Hey, i can get this in today. Maybe either before the football game or after.

DCX

Smokey

I can go on Monday for sure, but if you want to TRY and play tonite we can. I don't get off work until 630central and then I gotta get a fresh fade(don't know how long that'll take) but when I get back I'll pop online for a little bit and if you wanna play just get on. I got you on my FL.

Great series pheeniks! I ended up winning 2-0. Game 1 was a back and forth battle until I pulled away in the fourth. Game 2 was a game I was down 90% of the time until Nash caught fire and hit a few timely threes to grab the lead and win the game 93-92.

OMG, I'm in the Finals!! :D

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Great series pheeniks! I ended up winning 2-0. Game 1 was a back and forth battle until I pulled away in the fourth. Game 2 was a game I was down 90% of the time until Nash caught fire and hit a few timely threes to grab the lead and win the game 93-92.

OMG, I'm in the Finals!! :D

congrats

me and dcx are playing tonite

Smokey

Good games DCX but fucking awful lag.

Hey aka I was up in the 2nd game in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left by quite a bit(check the box score if you want to know the score) and the game couldn't take the crappy conditions anymore and so it disconnected me and dcx.

Considering the score of the game and the time that we got disconnected (5 minutes left in 4th quarter) I don't think we really need to replay that entire game.

Congrats on your win Smokey.

Pretty much the determining factor for both games you won was your insane percentage from shooting from the 3 point line. Game one was something like 14/27 from behind the arc while game two was 10/19 including a last second heave you shot for whatever reason at the end.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
Congrats on your win Smokey.

Pretty much the determining factor for both games you won was your insane percentage from shooting from the 3 point line. Game one was something like 14/27 from behind the arc while game two was 10/19 including a last second heave you shot for whatever reason at the end.

It is complete:D

Good games man. The 1st game I had to adapt to your play style and the 2nd game I tried to switch it up and make you adapt to mine. 1st game I was trying to play your style(suns transition) and I ended up winning but more times then not just like in real life if you try and run with the Suns you'll lose, so game 2 I just wanted to slow it down.

The last second heave was all out of fun I was happy I won that's all that was.

Now that I am Season 3 champ I hope I showed some of you 'vets' around here that a rookie can hang:D . I didn't come in expecting to win the league, just wanted to have a good showing with others who enjoy the 2K games as much as I do. My main team is the Rockets but of course Matrix already has them. In fact before this league I'd never played with the Magic before. Being a noobie I was forced to pick last or close to it, and figured the Magic were the best out of the pool of ok teams left.

I also have to thank Matrix for giving me Alston, Francis, and Wells. Especially Stevie who averaged 15 PPG!

Good season hopefully a few things change in the next and I look forward to defending my title:D :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Congrats Smokey, a little part of me feels like I won it all with you :lol

Fifty

I wish I had played in the playoffs. #3 seed wasted. One busy week where neither of us contacted each other, and then a crazy weekend. I ran out of time and that was that. Unfortunate. Congrats to Smokey. I'm not trying to take away from his victory.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Congrats Smokey, a little part of me feels like I won it all with you :lol

Well if you decide to keep the Rocks you'll obviously get your people back. I kinda want mine back too. The Magic playbooks is probably one of the worst in the game(only like 8 plays), but I didn't really start using it extensively until the patch came. A lot of the plays have mulitple options which is why the # of 3s I attempted went up considerably towards the end of the playoffs/season.

Probably the most exciting game that I've ever played online involving sports was Game 3 with AKA. Down by 2 with less than 10 secs to go and Bogans making a 3 in the corner with Ray Allen guarding him with the crowd going THREEEEEEEEE was awesome:lol :D

I could really use those sharpshooters and I especially miss Turk.

League was fun though. I think we only played 2 months starting in Nov built it felt longer. Looking forward to Season 4.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
asterisk.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
But you kinda sucked at the game this year Jobber :p

I missed the trade, but how did the hell did Smokey acquire Wells, Francis, and Alston while not giving up Howard or Lewis?

* confirmed!! :p

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
I missed the trade, but how did the hell did Smokey acquire Wells, Francis, and Alston while not giving up Howard or Lewis?

* confirmed!! :p
Yeah...i have no clue, but that was the trade of the year...i got Josh Boone for Balkman and this guy buys a championship given to him by Matrix :D

DCX

Smokey

DCX said:
Yeah...i have no clue, but that was the trade of the year...i got Josh Boone for Balkman and this guy buys a championship given to him by Matrix :D

DCX

:lol

I gave Matrix Nelson, Reddick, Turkoglu, and Battie for Wells, Francis, Alston, and Novak.

At the time though quite a few in the league thought I was crazy for giving up my sharpshooters for those 3.

Matrix

I dont think I gave him the championship at all.My team turned out awesome after the trade,I just choked big time in the playoffs like I always do.

Hell my team was on a 11 game win streak till the league was simmed.

I gave up those players because I couldnt shoot with them and I knew I could shoot with Nelson,JJ and Turko.I also needed a backup center for Yao and Battie did the job.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
welcome to the championship club...

although my 2k ring holds no weight to my Madden ring, i remember the happiness that came along with it....

hopefully we can get another season in that actually finishes up..

Smokey

Matrix said:
I dont think I gave him the championship at all.My team turned out awesome after the trade,I just choked big time in the playoffs like I always do.

Hell my team was on a 11 game win streak till the league was simmed.

I gave up those players because I couldnt shoot with them and I knew I could shoot with Nelson,JJ and Turko.I also needed a backup center for Yao and Battie did the job.

I know. Both teams benefited from the trade and we were SUPPOSED to play the last game of the season. Nobody screwed anybody over in the trade:D

malleymal said:
welcome to the championship club...

although my 2k ring holds no weight to my Madden ring, i remember the happiness that came along with it....

hopefully we can get another season in that actually finishes up..

Thanks. NBA2K is my Madden so I'm pretty happy :p. Gonna stop playing the game for a few days tho, I need a break from it.

Top Bottom