• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NBA League Thread - Season 2!

Fifty

I just got eliminated 3-1 by DM. As usual, a first round exit. I peaked too early in the season. After game 1 either my luck ran out or I forgot to use the Mavs or DM figured out how to use the Heat. I'd rather have lost to him now and be done with 2K than lose to Jobber later in the playoffs.

I may have stunk in the end, but I gave it my all and so did DM. No series sweep here. We fought like men even if the game is ****ing retarded.

I was giving it 15000%

Yelling at my TV after every dumbshit play and missed layup. I normally don't get pissed but I put it all out there that game.

My neighbors must think I'm holding someone hostage and playing strange games with them

"JUMP FOR THE BALL YOU STUPID DUMBSHIT GERMAN ****"

"WAKE UP SHAQ. WAKE UP"

"DUDE WHAT THE **** IT'S AN EASY LAYUP"

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no more of that. I'm done with 2K

DMczaf

Yelling at my TV after every dumbshit play and missed layup. I normally don't get pissed but I put it all out there that game.

My neighbors must think I'm holding someone hostage and playing strange games with them

"JUMP FOR THE BALL YOU STUPID DUMBSHIT GERMAN ****"

"WAKE UP SHAQ. WAKE UP"

"DUDE WHAT THE **** IT'S AN EASY LAYUP"

Welcome to my world!

I knew the game was probably going to give me most of the plays and calls once Wade hit that 3. I think Shaq had a better 3pt% that series than him.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
this playoff is getting lame. No Fif to beat down and Mal is waaaaaaaaay on the other side of the bracket.

DMczaf

jobber said:
this playoff is getting lame. No Fif to beat down and Mal is waaaaaaaaay on the other side of the bracket.

How about you win your series first

gallery11.jpg

Fifty

What the hell? DM and Jobber played 3 games already? And DM won every one? These threads get too quiet in the playoffs.

jobber

I blame game 3 on me moving O'Neal out the staring rotation. He came off the bench in game 3 and was doing great for the 2 minutes he was in! He tears his MCL out of no where in the middle of a 8-0 run. The Heat go on a 10-0 run when I'm reduced to 3 big guys left. (2 of which were in their low 70's energy wise). When O'Neal returned, he couldn't do shit. Turnovers, no post baskets, no boards.

Game 1 was the heart breaker :(
Coming back from 17 down. Taking the lead in the 4th. Bricking 1 free throw.
2 chances to win including a layup by Harrington at the buzzer, falls off the rim.

I was very much in game 2 and 3 for 3 quarters. As you can see, in the 4th, nothing was going in.

Wasn't JAX fault!

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
I blame game 3 on me moving O'Neal out the staring rotation. He came off the bench in game 3 and was doing great for the 2 minutes he was in! He tears his MCL out of no where in the middle of a 8-0 run. The Heat go on a 10-0 run when I'm reduced to 3 big guys left. (2 of which were in their low 70's energy wise). When O'Neal returned, he couldn't do shit. Turnovers, no post baskets, no boards.

Game 1 was the heart breaker :(
Coming back from 17 down. Taking the lead in the 4th. Bricking 1 free throw.
2 chances to win including a layup by Harrington at the buzzer, falls off the rim.

I was very much in game 2 and 3 for 3 quarters. As you can see, in the 4th, nothing was going in.

Wasn't JAX fault!
remember when you swing it's all in the wrists :)

DCX

jobber

DCX said:
remember when you swing it's all in the wrists :)

DCX

it's more in the timing than anything. If you go into practice mode and shoot around, more slightly early shots will go in than perfect shots. JAX went 0-9 in the first half of game 1 then hit 7 shots in a row in the 3rd.

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
it's more in the timing than anything. If you go into practice mode and shoot around, more slightly early shots will go in than perfect shots. JAX went 0-9 in the first half of game 1 then hit 7 shots in a row in the 3rd.
:lol :lol :lol I was refering to you golf game while you watch the others move on in the playoffs, but yes the timing and all that jazz, oh wait don't forget, the box out. ;)

DCX

jobber

DCX said:
:lol :lol :lol I was refering to you golf game while you watch the others move on in the playoffs, but yes the timing and all that jazz, oh wait don't forget, the box out. ;)

DCX

whoops :lol

I'm not going golfing! I'm going to keep working on my game with the Spurs. I proved my point with this season anyway. I can win using a weak team and win the scoring title with a rated 79 player.

DCX

DCX
jobber said:
whoops :lol

I'm not going golfing! I'm going to keep working on my game with the Spurs. I proved my point with this season anyway. I can win using a weak team and win the scoring title with a rated 79 player.
MVP he was not though :D Charles ****ing SMith once scored 52 pts remember that :p

DCX

I've got a question for yall...

Is there a way to direct who you pass the alley oop to? Because sometimes I'll have my C by the basket waiting for one, and instead my PG chooses to throw it to the PF at the free throw line.

jobber

I won the tin by default!

the championship parade is this saturday @ 9am!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
decisive game 4 tonight..... Giricek is meeting with staff now trying to work his way back into the game tonight.... but its doubtful....

AkaBalla

Good Series Dm i know it wasnt close but you showed u were a true champ not throwing in the towel. I respect you for that.

Anyhow It was fun these past 2 seasons, Thanks Fifty for finally getting a season completed actually 2 of them.

I will hang up my GAF leagues in NBA until the next release of 2k.

Thanks everyone for all those beatdowns i laid down. However Matrix and Rors my only regular season losse's ill be looking for u guys next season. And Malley kept it tough taking me to 5 games.

Later see u on the baseball field, dont worry you guys an get your revenge on there vs me.

Fifty

I can't say I'm surprised as to the outcome. Even though these always end so quietly and ridiculously quiet, we had a good run. Thanks to everyone who I didn't bug to play their games, which is basically all of you.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
I can't say I'm surprised as to the outcome. Even though these always end so quietly and ridiculously quiet, we had a good run. Thanks to everyone who I didn't bug to play their games, which is basically all of you.
No Problem, now if we only finish up that other league :p

DCX

Top Bottom