• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official XBox 360 NBA 2k8 Interest Thread - Konex has retired, Your new host AkaBalla

AkaBalla

Alright fella's as you see the header Konex is backing down and taking less salary to be a owner/coach this time around.

NBA 2k8 will be releasing October 2nd so get your reservations or gamefly's ready!!

So with that said i will be taking over the NBA commish reign. Things will be different in regards to league rules, trade rules and everything else. Trust me this will be the best way to have at least 2 season's of NBA or possibly 3..

As you see the trade rule in bold... This will be announced soon as to what the trade guidelines will be. I will tip some of you guy's off and say that you better pick a team that has superstars you wont trade..:D

Here's the vets list (Sorry if i missed anyone, but i think this is accurate). If anyone wants to change there team's please let me know ASAP as you guys have first choice over the new interested owners.

Also if you are on the list and wont be playing in the league please let me know.

AkaBalla - Celtics
Konex - Lakers
Malley - Jazz
Truelize - Cavs
Fifty - Raptors
DM - Bulls
CB33 - Nets
Jobber - Spurs
Pheeniks - Blazers
Matrix - Rockets
DCX - Knicks
Bluemax - Sonics
Rors - Clippers
Cerrius - Heat
Big Zep - Nuggets
Shawn - Suns
ChrisJames - Pistons
FMT - Mavs
Juan - Warriors

Sorry FMT with you flaking a few times we may have to award the owner who doesnt back out.. Figure something out with Juan.. Play 1 on 1 or something or play a free throw shooting contest online to see who will have the Warriors. :lol

New Jacks List (We will have a preseason to see who will be reliable to play in the regular season, please post your teams of choice and we will try to accommodate you.)

mastershake - Mavericks *
KarishBHR - Pistons *
Giga - Hawks
Jube - Wizards *
Smokeybones - Magic * or Wizards *
GCQuinton - Bobcats
moowear - Clips *
RodeoClown - Twolves
viakado - He could run with the weakest team since he states he will run NEO GAF in NBA.. :lol
AirBrian - 76ers

Also Zep has put up a NBA 2k8 Megathread. Check it out @

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187616

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Yeah I definitely don't want to be stuck with the TWolves this year, only reason I took them in 2K7 was because pheeniks stole the Heat away from me :lol

If I can't get the Heat go ahead and sign me up for the Orlando Magic.

I'm a complete noob to this and im not that great at 2k basketball ( i think im decent! ) but this sounds pretty bad ass.

Any room for a noob? If so sign me up for the MAVS baby

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
pheeniks said:
If Cerrius really wants the Heat, I'll have the Blazers...I don't mind.

aka make it happen

thanks pheeniks, can't wait to dunk on Oden with Shaq

Yes! I can't wait for this game!

I would say sign me up for the Pistons, but I see Karish has all ready taken them and I did take the Tigers from him in our MLB league.

I'll have to think of what team I want...

AkaBalla

ChrisJames said:
Yes! I can't wait for this game!

I would say sign me up for the Pistons, but I see Karish has all ready taken them and I did take the Tigers from him in our MLB league.

I'll have to think of what team I want...

Sorry Chris you were the lone ranger i left out. You have first dibs on the Pistons so let me know..

AkaBalla said:
Sorry Chris you were the lone ranger i left out. You have first dibs on the Pistons so let me know..

I was wondering why my name wasn't on the vets list :D

Maybe I'll play you for the Pistons, Karish... almost all of the good teams are all ready taken :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So it begins. I hope the online code is better. The whole 60fps offline and 30fps online killed me last year. If I can't shoot with Bron again I'm gonna cry.

If the game actually let you play and be competitive regardless of what team you had I would go with the Bobcats but if I had struggles with the Cavs and the Sonics last year there is no way I'm picking a basement team this year.

Aka: anyway we can work out a trade so that Ray comes to play in Cleveland? :)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nah juan can have them, no big deal!

give me mavericks! unless someone else is a hardcore fan and wants them. in which case give me magic

You might be the new owner of the Sacramento Kings. :D

KarishBHR

ChrisJames said:
I was wondering why my name wasn't on the vets list :D

Maybe I'll play you for the Pistons, Karish... almost all of the good teams are all ready taken :(

If you really want them I guess you have the rights to them since you're a vet. If you are nice enough to play me for them however, that would be awesome.

KarishBHR said:
If you really want them I guess you have the rights to them since you're a vet. If you are nice enough to play me for them however, that would be awesome.

I'll play you for them, no big deal. We can even make it a best out of 3 series if you want :D

I can't wait for this game!

giga

Gah. Mavs are taken.

Fuck it. Give me them Hawks baby. Let's see what Horford and Acie can do.

edit: gah, nvm. walk-on.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nah juan can have them, no big deal!

give me mavericks! unless someone else is a hardcore fan and wants them. in which case give me magic

I am a pretty big mavs fan! I would prefer them but its not a deal breaker. Your the vet so i guess its up to you. We could play for them or you could just be really nice and give em to me! lol

pheeniks said:
As long as DM doesn't get Vince Carter on the Bulls we should all be okay...

:lol

And don't forget my awesome blockbuster trade of Mike Bibby and Ron Artest for Shawn Marion (yeah, I was smoking some good shit when I made that trade).

Jube3

thanks for the heads up aka, Ill pick the all star east if they are available :D

ill take the wizards, you represent our celtics right :D!

GCQuinton

I never could get into The Association mode with any seriousness, but I'm interested in this. Sign me up for the Bobcats. I'm sure they'll be available :lol

Smokey

What's the point of making a NBA2k8 interest thread...if the league is pretty much full of people who played in previous leagues and therefore you guys not giving too many new people a chance to get in?

Just curious.

But anyway I'm interested. I usually run w/ the Rockets but yeah the whole vet thing..soo I'll take the Magic or Wizards.

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
What's the point of making a NBA2k8 interest thread...if the league is pretty much full of people who played in previous leagues and therefore you guys not giving too many new people a chance to get in?

Just curious.

But anyway I'm interested. I usually run w/ the Rockets but yeah the whole vet thing..soo I'll take the Magic or Wizards.

Online leagues allow u to field all 30 teams. Where do u see that we have 30 people? Not saying i think a 30 team league will succeed but there may be some vets who have other obligations and not be able to play this season, hence the new guys who joined up because of the thread will now have a chance to play.

And also if i was off topic i'll come back on topic, we have had new guys join mulitple leagues, Has Konex denied u in previous seasons in the NBA league? Read the header Konex has retired! I will be accepting new owners, however you guys need to show me you guys are reliable which is hard to find.

Anyhow i added you to the new jack list. Another Official League thread will be out in about 1 week prior to release. With rules, settings etc...

Smokey

This my last hope for a league. I've ran multiple NBA2K leagues in the past. I put a lot of energy into the online website, keeping it regularly updated w/ new stores throughout the league, polls, pics, even offering $100 to champ of the league, only to have 1/2 the players just..stop playing in the middle of the season.

I'm hoping GAF is a little wiser. You don't have to worry about me playing. I've been desperately trying to finish a league of NBA2k since they were first put in.

Fifty

Wow. A 100$ prize and half still gave up midway through? Either you had an 82 game season or the people were idiot assholes. We've got a real good track record..maybe a few people flake, but there are replacements found ASAP.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll give you the Rockets for $100 :p

What a bunch of douches,who the heck would quit a league if that was the prize.

The only leagues that do real awful around here are baseball cause of lag :( And the fact Show is on PS3.

Our NBA 2k7 leagues were pretty damm good last year.I loved being one of the only two to beat aka :D And all the insane trade magic Fifty pulled off when he hardly had anything to start off with....

I still dont know how he did it :lol

Kydd BlaZe

AkaBalla said:
:lol Your forgetting Jeffries, Marbury, Crawford, Francis, Jerome James :lol

How can we forget...
Such a sad, sad team the New York Knicks are...

Why can't they ever pull it together? Year after year they...just plain....suck

Smokey

Fifty said:
Wow. A 100$ prize and half still gave up midway through? Either you had an 82 game season or the people were idiot assholes. We've got a real good track record..maybe a few people flake, but there are replacements found ASAP.

No. The schedule was like 20 somethin' games(28 maybe?), and like I said I offered $100 for the winner. They always start off good and then slowly people just stop playing until it gets to the point where I'm like 'well what tha fuck did I waste my time for'?

Like I said I'm looking forward to playing and gettin' my name up around here:D

AKA if you need any help I'm down. I dunno if the GAF leagues use the NBA2k league websites, but if you do I'd love to help run that. I always enjoyed making the league website feel as though it were an acutal league w/ articles, interviews w/ players etc. etc.

AkaBalla said:
If your up to it let's play a game in 2k7... Actually nah we'll wait for the preseason if u join the league.. I'll match u up against the toughest competition in the league..
Yeah, that would be awesome.
im sure im not the only one wanting to join, but the desired team is already taken. i don't how things are set up, but why not have a second bracket for people wanting in. And whoever wins in each bracket butts heads in the finals.
I want in but, my lakers are taken. *sadface*

AkaBalla

viakado said:
Yeah, that would be awesome.
im sure im not the only one wanting to join, but the desired team is already taken. i don't how things are set up, but why not have a second bracket for people wanting in. And whoever wins in each bracket butts heads in the finals.
I want in but, my lakers are taken. *sadface*

Season 1 is always vets choice of teams.. Season 2 (if u stick with us in season 1) we'll try to change teams up and possibly land your team of choice for Season 2..

AkaBalla

I offered $100 for the winner.

I'm sure no one claimed the $100 send it to me and i'll use it for this season..:lol

AKA if you need any help I'm down. I dunno if the GAF leagues use the NBA2k league websites, but if you do I'd love to help run that. I always enjoyed making the league website feel as though it were an acutal league w/ articles, interviews w/ players etc. etc.

I'd like to get some website help.. Stick around and we'll figure out the details..

Ramirez

I would say I'd play, but then I remember how miserable the Sixers are, and I think I'll just keep my money.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I would be in this league, but I'm attempting to put the upcoming season out of my mind. Not even Jesus Christ playing the 3 could help the Wolves at this point.

I miss you already KG. Come back to me.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
I'm sure no one claimed the $100 send it to me and i'll use it for this season..:lol

I'd like to get some website help.. Stick around and we'll figure out the details..

I have no problem offering $50 or the game of choice to anybody who's the champ. I think it makes things a lot more interesting when a prize is at stake.

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
I have no problem offering $50 or the game of choice to anybody who's the champ. I think it makes things a lot more interesting when a prize is at stake.

Well if u make the tryouts (basically play all your games in the preseason) then you can be Gaf's official Treasurer for the NBA league... :D

AkaBalla

The official League thread will be up in the Online Forum by the middle of next week. Hopefully i'll have some basic rules set up.

We will have a preseason open to the public and this will be a screening process for the new jacks. Basically it's gonna be if you miss any games then you wont be invited to participate in the NBA 2k8 league.

The veterans will also have to post in this thread to let me know if they plan on returning or not as some didnt post in this thread even though i have there teams and interest posted.

Stay Tuned!

I donated the Heat to Cerrius and I picked the Blazers...then Oden gets out. LaMarcus time! Or I'll take the Lakers if Konex wants to be generous.

Yo I'm interested in joining the rookie league. I would like to use the Magic but if Smokeybones has them I'll take the Wizards. I also have a friend that wants to do it, does he have to make a username here or can I just give you guys the information?

Top Bottom