• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
(Copied from Thread 1 OP)

LEAGUE WEBSITE: http://daddyleagues.com/neogaf

Welcome to the 12th year of the madden gaf league! I'm going to post the 32 players currently in the league and the reserves. It was tough to pick the 32. I think everyone on the reserve list would play their games and would be good to have in the league. But remember there always seems to be openings as the seasons go on so that is why we have a reserve list. But first, some answers to your frequently asked questions (FAQ):

Q: When does the league start?
A: As soon as the updated rosters are available. This could mean a week after the game releases, it could mean 2 weeks! Who knows!

Q: What are the advancement periods?
A: 72 hours! This is strict! However, this doesn't mean to stretch it all 3 days every week. Schedule your games immediately!

Q: Are we doing owner mode?
A: Fuck no!

Q: Will you be using a Daddy Leagues website this year?
A: Yes! I will post once it is up.

Q: Are there trade restrictions this year?
A: Yes, all trades will need to be submitted and approved by myself, cb and pheeniks. The one exception are designated draft day trades involving draft picks. Those are free and open and you can complete these trades starting with the open of Free Agency and running through the draft.
As commissioner, I want to say this up front-- No one is assured the right to stay in the league if they don't obey the rules. I don't care if you're ferny or drizzler or-- (smithers what's one of the bad players' names? BigAT, sir.) or BigAT!

I don't want a shit load of rules so for fucks sake just play as straight up as you can. You wouldn't like a bunch of bullshit being run on you all game so don't run a bunch of bullshit against others. Have respect for your opponent. I'll say it again later but if you are running the same passing play more than a couple times a game just stop. I realize that this is difficult to enforce with hot routes and what not but there's no reason to try to game the system. PLAY SIM BALL!

LEAGUE RULES/GUIDELINES:

0. CUSTOM PLAYBOOKS ARE BANNED! Use regular playbooks from within the game!

1. This is a sim league... to the best of our abilities. Madden is not a very realistic football sim when you get down to it but we have to make the best of it. You are expected to be a willing participant in the league.

2. RUN DIFFERENT PLAYS! This goes for both offense AND defense. If you are running the same 4-5 plays ALL GAME that is a problem. Run up the middle, run to the outside, passing deep, passing short, screens, drags, posts.... they're all there for you! Use them! I get that this is more difficult on defense because there are teams in the NFL that actually run 2 deep safety man for a good part of the game. But even those teams ACTUALLY throw in some zone defense, some blitzing, some other packages at the other team. Just mix it up. You shouldn't be running the same pass play 10 times a game.

3. Fourth down rules. This is a tough one that i'm hoping doesn't need to be spelled out more specifically but basically if you have a 4th and very short (1 yard or less) in your opponents territory I see no issue with going for it. Another scenario where I see no issues is when you are on the cusp of fg range. Lets say you have a 4th and 5 from your opponents 37 yard line. Is that ok to go for it? I would say yes.

Obviously if you are losing late in the game on your last drive you can go for it in any circumstance. DO NOT go for it on 4th down in your own territory outside of the previous instance.

4. I had previously posted a few people who had contingencies and they are still there but this really goes for everyone in the league. It was a mistake to make these things public and I will make sure that those issues are communicated privately. SCHEDULE YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY ONCE YOU SEE IT IS ADVANCED! this game is not your job but we are all putting time into the league and it's tough to swallow when you are working on a tight deadline but your opponent isn't really communicating to work with you. There is nothing wrong with playing your game on the last day but there is something wrong with not bothering to schedule ANYTHING until day 3 and then everyone else is delayed because of it.

5. GET AIM OR PSN PHONE MESSENGER! This is huge because communication is so important. If you have AIM, please post your AIM username and I will add it to this post so people know how to contact you. Contact is key so PM your opponent, AIM them, PSN them. This will help to guarantee that the game is scheduled timely!

6. YOU WILL GET BUTTHURT! There are going to be games where you get a bullshit call or a bullshit play or your opponent gets completely lucky. If you can't deal with this type of thing then let us know now so we can get someone in here that wants to play.

7. DON'T RUN UP THE SCORE! DON'T STAT PAD! This should go without saying but it still must be said. If you are thrashing your opponent, just run the ball and run the clock out. There is no need to embarrass your opponent further or fling the ball all around the field, prolonging a game that for all intents and purposes is over. Just be respectful of your opponent. I can't really come up with a number for every scenario that is "blowout status" but just use common sense. For instance, if you are up 40 points at the start of the 4th quarter... that is a blowout. If you are up 10 points with 4 minutes left, that is NOT a blowout. I want people to be respectful but I don't want someone to let their foot off the gas early in the 4th and then someone gets a TD + an onside kick + a TD to cost them the game. Use common sense!

8. Disconnect issues. This will happen at some point or another. If the game disconnects in the first half, under any circumstance, you'll have to replay the game. Sorry! If the game is in the 2nd half and absolutely out of reach, the team losing should set themselves to Auto Pilot and the team winning can beat up on the CPU. Again hard to come up with a number. If you and your opponent have this issue and disagree then consult with the commish group so we can decide what needs to happen. Hopefully you can work it out amongst yourselves in a civil manner.

9. MANUAL CATCHING IS ALLOWED! this means you can use the Square, X, Triangle buttons accordingly. If this somehow becomes some type of horrible epidemic we'll have to review!

10. DO NOT RUN NO HUDDLE OUTSIDE OF A 2 MINUTE DRILL SITUATION OR UNLESS THE SITUATION ABSOLUTELY DICTATES IT! I'm not going to point out EVERY POSSIBLE scenario where no huddle would be acceptable but if it's a relatively close games outside of a 2 minute situation DONT RUN NO HUDDLE! if you were down 28 points early in the 3rd quarter or something then that is acceptable. But short of something outrageous like that just don't do it. It's going to cause a lot of drama and it's not worth it.

11. IF YOU START MISSING A BUNCH OF GAMES (COUGH MCNEILY COUGH DM) I WONT HESITATE TO BRING SOMEONE IN THAT IS GOING TO BE AROUND TO PLAY! what is a bunch of games? i don't know. 2? just dont miss any games and you wont have to test the rule out!

Previous Superbowl winners/# of Superbowl wins:

1. FMT - 11
2. Rors - 3
3. BigAT - Stop rushing Aghs on Void plz.
4. Crow - 2
5. Ramirez - 2
6. DMczaf - 2
7. Wellington - 2
8. CB -1
9. Crimson -1
10. Malleymal - 1
11. LJ11 - 1
12. Markmhc - 1
13. Soka - 1
14. Bob -1
15. Smokey -1

D/C Champion: Bowser

DJ Bowser

Please update the Super Bowl winners list to include my Draft Champions victory, which I think means a lot more.

Thanks.

new dota OT

brentech

Need a name list of the current league members
BfOtp7y.jpg

Prisoners arriving.

oHRMtIH.jpg
French MovieTheme is now in the game, but I can't figure out how to edit the Bio info. I did get the 30 year sentence with 0 served though, so those parts are easy enough.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Need a name list of the current league members

French MovieTheme is now in the game, but I can't figure out how to edit the Bio info. I did get the 30 year sentence with 0 served though, so those parts are easy enough.

1. FMT
2. CB
3. Pheeniks
4. Ferny
5. LJ
6. Brent
7. Smokey
8. DJ Bowser
9. Greg
10. Crimson
11. Pistolpete
12. Drizzler
13. Nightz
14. BigAT
15. Wellington
16. scott sullivan
17. purplecheeto
18. dmczaf
19. dcx
20. eznark
21. lil boss
22. rinse
23. jabee
24. az
25. somna
26. splat
27. soka
28. luke
29. cola
30. birdman
31. gq
32. trasher
that should be accurate.

brentech

So I just edited the names, age, sentence. Did it in the order of the list CB provided.
Some good outcomes, Eznark and Bowser both have face tattoos. Wellington is a white dude with hair and a goatee. Luke is in prison for 30 years for a 2 year Joy Riding sentence.

I'll start letting it play out later.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So I just edited the names, age, sentence. Did it in the order of the list CB provided.
Some good outcomes, Eznark and Bowser both have face tattoos. Wellington is a white dude with hair and a goatee. Luke is in prison for 30 years for a 2 year Joy Riding sentence.

I'll start letting it play out later.

So it's exactly me!

anybody have Supreme Commander?

I just flash backed to 2005, playing SupCom on my CoreDuo and trying to play an online match with the old crowd and watching as the game went from fun and fast to literally crawling.

That game was eons better than a lot of other things but it just required too good a computer for anyone at the time.

The sequel started out bad and eventually got patched to being good but no one wanted to play it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just flash backed to 2005, playing SupCom on my CoreDuo and trying to play an online match with the old crowd and watching as the game went from fun and fast to literally crawling.

That game was eons better than a lot of other things but it just required too good a computer for anyone at the time.

The sequel started out bad and eventually got patched to being good but no one wanted to play it.

I was a huge Total Annihilation fan but yeah I agree with you regarding Supreme Commander, I couldn't get it to run well at all. I ultimately gave up on trying to play.

I remember getting the game.

I was down in Florida visiting my grandparents, so I was around 13 (game came out in 2007), was reading about the game in PC Gamer. Called the local gamestop to see if they had it in stock, got the last one they had.

Played it on my brothers computer and the game ran sooooooo slow on it. But instead of major frame drops, the game literally ran slowly, it would take hours and hours for a skirmish against the AI to complete, still loved it.

Sup Com 2 was really bad at first, but if you say it got patched and got better I might have to check it out instead of playing Forged Alliance. Even still, Forged Alliance/Sup Com 1 is one of the best RTS's I've ever played.

I was just asking cause I'm playing it again and was just seeing if anyone had it by chance and wanted to play multiplayer.

EDIT: Oh shit, there is something called Forged Alliance Forever, basically a player made support of the game that has unofficial patches and stuff. Gonna have to check it out!

Top Bottom