• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

DJ Bowser

GG Nightz. You got fucked on the INT to safety. I was trying to kick the FG there and the play suggestion popped up to go for it. I assumed it was fate and didn't want to waste a timeout.

The early INT(s) must have shaken Rodgers confidence because he was awful on a lot of throws.

as a reminder to all, please don't snap the ball while a guy is in motion. if it is a "designed" motion (the blue routes where the CPU automatically does it) that whatever you can't help that but manually motioning and then snapping while the guy is in motion is a no-no. i only saw scott do it once (maybe twice) but just for everyone don't do this. manual motion is fine but let your guy reset, give it a tick and then snap

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
what cb is trying to passive aggressive say is he thinks you were a cheap shit since he won't say it himself

if you wanna say something, go grab a step stool. i cant hear you from all the way down there.

Jesus christ what a game cb3, i know murray is 99 ovr but i had two guys right there for the stop that was some bullshit, but i cant blame the madden gods too mich, i threw a pick six in the first qtr and still had my shot in ot and blew it, but man, what a shitty way to lose!

It was a good game. The fullback dives and qb sneaks are a bit much! But you're still getting your feet under you in the league.

Aside from the first quarter that was some rough sledding. You locked down Murray pretty well

if you wanna say something, go grab a step stool. i cant hear you from all the way down there.

It was a good game. The fullback dives and qb sneaks are a bit much! But you're still getting your feet under you in the league.

Aside from the first quarter that was some rough sledding. You locked down Murray pretty well
I dont feel the situations i did those plays in were too crazy, i did one qb sneak on the goaline and three fb dives total, one of which you stuffed to atop the winning score! I was surprised you didnt drain more clock on your last punt i wouldnt have been mad at you it would have been realistic to milk the clock in that situation

Smokey

drizzler what is wrong with your stream?

Riiight

By all means talk shit about someone in twitch chat and then make a little passive aggressive comment after the game though

Shit son im about as sim as they come, i must have rushed the ball 30 times this game

you're good man, just watch the sneaks and fb dives in the future. they aren't favorites around these parts!

I dont feel the situations i did those plays in were too crazy, i did one qb sneak on the goaline and three fb dives total, one of which you stuffed to atop the winning score! I was surprised you didnt drain more clock on your last punt i wouldnt have been mad at you it would have been realistic to milk the clock in that situation

it's not really that those situations wouldn't call for it, it's that they are almost unstoppable. FB dive can be stopped (as it was!) but you have to go to extremely great lengths to do it and get a little lucky.

with QB sneak... i have literally not seen it stopped once from 1 yard and under, no matter what is called. i'm sure it CAN be stopped somehow (maybe manual DL?) but i have yet to see it be stopped

DJ Bowser

It's not something you'd know, but those plays are generally considered cheesy (especially the QB sneak this year). I've still seen plenty of people use them both, but I think decorum would suggest using them sparingly.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its just a personal preference. Im not a fan of those plays (especially in the moment) but they arent against the rules.

On that last punt i forgot that the chew clock setting doesnt chew the clock on punts and field goals so i just kicked it without looking at the clock. Was a brain fart.

You made some good decisions with the ball other than that one pick. Didnt take the bait at all on what i was trying to set up. Fun to have some actual competition from the redskins for once (sorry mcneily).

Riiight

By all means talk shit about someone in twitch chat and, then make a little passive aggressive comment after the game though

I talk shit about everyone in twitch chat. Even the people in twitch chat. I was talking shit about AZ during that game, for example.
Keep trying to dig!
rXUYM5w.png

You made some good decisions with the ball other than that one pick. Didnt take the bait at all on what i was trying to set up. Fun to have some actual competition from the redskins for once (sorry mcneily).
appreciTe it! Switching play ooks has really helped my offense, hopefully i can string some wins together so i can be in the conversations come playoff time. I used to be a beast a madden but not being able to play for 3 months really put me behind the curve

Colasante

GG Drizz. Sorry about Tannehill, that was like Josh Freeman on the Vikings-level apocalyptic. Your receiver having some horrendous drops didn't help matters.

I like this rookie running back the CPU drafted for me. Nice to actually have an offense that isn't so one dimensional. The rookie QB I had autodrafted was pretty good too.

I was bummed to see Malcolm Butler isn't on my team anymore, and I have a bunch of scrub CBs playing with Logan Ryan. But I guess they did their job today.

Gg, I suck. Tannehill was so bad tho. Missing open dudes by miles, WRs dropped everything else. FB gets stuffed. That was Murphys Law in the form f a Madden Game for me. You had a 65 yd run up the gut against cover 2.

Thomas: 51.6, 7/18, 74 yds, 0 TDs, 0 INTs // 1 rush, 12 yds
Tannehill: 0.0, 2/11, 20 yds, 0 TDs, 3 INTs
Miller: 17 carries, 58 yds, 1 TD // 2 rec, 14 yds
Cameron: 6 rec, 70 yds
Shawn Johns: 8 Tkls, 2 TfL, 1 INT
And lol, Landry: 6 Pancakes, it was over early and he was just playing pissed.

Grayson: 107.3, 21/31, 223 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT
Lucas: 24 carries, 180 yds, 3 TDs // 4 rec, 45 yds
Gronkowski: 4 rec, 64 yds, 1 TD
McCourty: 8 Tkls, 2 TfL, 2 INTs

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey speaking of cheesy stuff or borderline play - are we all on the same page with FGs at borderline range and just going for it? I am not comfortable with even a 48 yard FG considering how fast the meter moves and then if there is any input delay we are fucked. I went for it on 4th twice against Az and no one said anything but I just want to be clear that we are all on the same page here.

rinse82

Hey speaking of cheesy stuff or borderline play - are we all on the same page with FGs at borderline range and just going for it? I am not comfortable with even a 48 yard FG considering how fast the meter moves and then if there is any input delay we are fucked. I went for it on 4th twice against Az and no one said anything but I just want to be clear that we are all on the same page here.

Pretty sure that's fair game.

eznark

Banned

Last year I didn't kick anything longer than 40. This year I got a pretty OK rookie kicker so I'm extending that to 45, until I miss.

Birdman02

I'll attempt anything under 50 unless I've had lag issues on earlier kicks. 50+ and I usually just punt.

DCX

DCX
Funny you say this. I had two long FG attempts against DM and thought it would be cheesy or attempting to run up the score if I went for it on fourth. It's a grey area I guess. I kicked twice and missed both.

Next time I'll just go for it, fuck it.

DCX

Greg

I went for it on my own 26 in OT against blue because I sure as fuck wasn't punting into 13 MPH wind to set him up for an instant 13mph at his back FG

ended up chucking it into double coverage for an INT - threw it farther than my punt would've went! #ExploitTip339

I'm with you. If the kicking was better I might go for it more. But kickers seem nerfed and I can't trust the input game to game. As long as it isn't fourth and long I'll usually go for it in that zone.

I didn't complain and I fucking complain about everything. I think you're fine.

Top Bottom