• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K16 XB1 Online League

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Quick Update,

The plans should still be good to start the league tomorrow. I am currently working with a few other members to see if we can get a few more added before we start. I will post an update once I know for sure.

Thanks for your patience everyone! I know this will be fun once we get it goin!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
INVITES HAVE BEEN SENT TO EVERYONE FOR THE LEAGUE.

PLEASE LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE WHEN YOU JOIN AND DO NOT PLAY CPU IF THERE IS A USER ATTACHED TO THE TEAM.

phIg99q.jpg

HELLO NBA FANS...

I know it's five minutes before start time, but can I get in this please???

If not, then I'll be up for season 2!

First game against the CPU Dallas Mavs kicking ass when Disco Dirk decided to carve me a new one and light my ass up to beat me by 10. Love the new controls this year though. Especially the passing controls.

Smokey

How does advance work in basketball leagues? I know in Madden its to the next week, I never played in a basketball league

Madden league we advance every 3 days. I'm not sure how the games are setup in 2k16, but in previous GAF 2k leagues it was a week to play 5 games iirc.

Also Trini am i understanding the playoffs correctly? One game? It should be a series so each team at least gets home court, and because random things can happen in 1 game to screw you over.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
How does advance work in basketball leagues? I know in Madden its to the next week, I never played in a basketball league

You basically have to play 2 games a week or 1 per advance of Wed-Sat

NBA has an open schedule where you can play any game at any time. So with advances, if you have not played 1 game (vs cpu or human) by this wednesday, I will sim one of your games, CPU games will be simmed first. Same thing with the saturday advances.

When you no longer have CPU games and you only have user games left, you must schedule your games before the advances or they will be simmed.

Basically you play 1 game per advance period, 2 games per week. If you do not play 1 game per advance period I will sim 1 game every advance period.

Hopefully that isn't too convoluted!

Also Trini am i understanding the playoffs correctly? One game? It should be a series so each team at least gets home court, and because random things can happen in 1 game to screw you over.

They are set up for 1 game only. If we want to change this we will have to restart the league and agree on the series length. I did this to get the seasons going and ended quickly. This is NFL style NBA2k16!

I am fully open to changing this if enough people want to. But we need to do it now because I have to restart the league.

It may be easier to do this the second season if we have it but I am open either way if people think 1 game playoffs is not fair.

NOT EVERYONE HAS ACCEPTED INVITES TO THE LEAGUE, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE HAVE STARTED AND THE FIRST ADVANCE IS THIS WEDNESDAY!
PLEASE ALSO LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANOTHER GROUPME APP INVITE! I HAVE SENT THESE OUT BUT NOT EVERYONE HAD JOINED YET!

Smokey

Think it should be changed while we are in the beginning. Half the fun is engaging in a playoff series where you have to adjust your strategy from game to game. That's lost in a one off game, and is open to random situations effecting who advances or not.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Think it should be changed while we are in the beginning. Half the fun is engaging in a playoff series where you have to adjust your strategy from game to game. That's lost in a one off game, and is open to random situations effecting who advances or not.

I have sent PM's to the GAF members in the league and asked them if they prefer 1 or 3 games for playoffs. Based on their responses by tonight I will either remake the league or we will proceed with the current format.

jmizzal

You basically have to play 2 games a week or 1 per advance of Wed-Sat

NBA has an open schedule where you can play any game at any time. So with advances, if you have not played 1 game (vs cpu or human) by this wednesday, I will sim one of your games, CPU games will be simmed first. Same thing with the saturday advances.

When you no longer have CPU games and you only have user games left, you must schedule your games before the advances or they will be simmed.

Basically you play 1 game per advance period, 2 games per week. If you do not play 1 game per advance period I will sim 1 game every advance period.

Hopefully that isn't too convoluted!

ok thanks, I get it now thats cool, I know NBA games are all spread out unlike NFL which are week to week

If you guys do decide to re-do it, can you at least simulate to the end of the season just to see that the franchise doesn't completely fall apart at one point during or at the end?

My trust in 2k is not very high.

If there's any PS4 guys that pop in here, PM me. I am really wanting to do one of these as well.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
If you guys do decide to re-do it, can you at least simulate to the end of the season just to see that the franchise doesn't completely fall apart at one point during or at the end?

My trust in 2k is not very high.

If there's any PS4 guys that pop in here, PM me. I am really wanting to do one of these as well.

we can only pray its not MLB level bad... LOL!

I will sim the season if we go with a remake

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
After asking the league, most feel we should finish this season off as is and then move to 3 game playoffs in season 2.

Therefore we will continue as planned with the current league and its 1 game playoff system.

Please join the league if you have not. I will resend invites to those who have not again in a few.

Smokey

Sent you a friend invite we should play sometime soon

I'm down

I played my first league game. Played like a true scrub. Like a true bitchass scrub. Fuck.

A very accurate description of your 2k career up to this point, I agree.

I won my first game, but I absolutely despise playing the CPU in sports games. Portland shot something like 60% in the first half of the game. It was upper 50% range in the second. Didn't matter what I did.

That's ok. True MVP Harden ended up with 42pts, 5 assists, 3 rebs in a 8 point win.

Karish

Any way to check schedule without turning on game? Or posting the schedule in the thread? I'm at the office...

jmizzal

I'll try to get a game in today, vs anybody or the CPU

i'll be on between 5-7 pm, i'm playing with the Heat so if i'm on your scheduled let me know if you want to play

Edit
I have been playing pretty much all myplayer, only played one game vs the computer before starting in this league

Man I really wish this was all human players, the CPU is just BS in the 2nd half of games, they start to hit about every shot, the start playing different defense and then they make my players just lose the ball for no reason, none of that crap happens early in the game.

charsace

I'm down

A very accurate description of your 2k career up to this point, I agree.

I won my first game, but I absolutely despise playing the CPU in sports games. Portland shot something like 60% in the first half of the game. It was upper 50% range in the second. Didn't matter what I did.

That's ok. True MVP Harden ended up with 42pts, 5 assists, 3 rebs in a 8 point win.

lol fucking clown. I was in the playoffs for all the old gaf league and played with average teams most times. You know this in your soul. Picking the Thunder should have told you I would have problems. I haven't played a team game against another person in 2k since 2010.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I need to play RealTerryNi as he owns the Bulls. Can I get his email? He isn't on GAF.
He is in the groupme app. Did you need another invite to that? Otherwise I would send him a message through XBL

ALSO, REMINDER!!!
Tomorrow is first advance and if you have not played 1 game, I will be simming a CPU game on your schedule. I will extend the advance time to 11pm EST for tomorrow.

He is in the groupme app. Did you need another invite to that? Otherwise I would send him a message through XBL

ALSO, REMINDER!!!
Tomorrow is first advance and if you have not played 1 game, I will be simming a CPU game on your schedule. I will extend the advance time to 11pm EST for tomorrow.

I will ping him through that. Thanks!

Smokey

lol fucking clown. I was in the playoffs for all the old gaf league and played with average teams most times. You know this in your soul. Picking the Thunder should have told you I would have problems. I haven't played a team game against another person in 2k since 2010.

ayy lmao

you are the last person to fear in 2k

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
GG CHARSACE! You bastard! I had you the first half but then my nugs stopped rebounding! I gotta play better against the next dudes if I'm making the playoffs!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So we advanced and everyone has at least 1 game on their record right.
Yes! Next advance is Saturday at 9 pm EST

ALSO, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WITH NBA2k's OPEN SCHEDULE YOU CAN PLAY YOUR WHOLE SEASON IF YOU WERE SO INCLINED! You do not have to wait until advance to play one game so if you have time to play a bunch of games you effectively take care of your games for advances!

ggs RealTerryNi, tough game but you got me in the end, my D and rebounding is horrible lol

Yes! Next advance is Saturday at 9 pm EST

ALSO, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WITH NBA2k's OPEN SCHEDULE YOU CAN PLAY YOUR WHOLE SEASON IF YOU WERE SO INCLINED! You do not have to wait until advance to play one game so if you have time to play a bunch of games you effectively take care of your games for advances!

heh, found out about this the hard way. Now I know!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
No one replies to my GroupMe messages. Does anyone want to play tonight? I'm the pistons.

This is starting to become an issue as I am also running out of CPU games to sim!

I will PM each of you to make sure you are actively trying to schedule games with other users to try to accelerate this season to the playoffs. If you have an upcoming game and cannot get a response through here or through groupme, PM the user via XBL messaging.

Lets try to get this season going a little faster with some more user games!

Top Bottom