• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA2K16 XB1 Online League

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
phIg99q.jpg

HELLO NBA FANS!

I am starting an NBA2k16 League for Xbox One! Below is some general information on how the league will play out:

-Seasons are 14 games with 1 game playoff rounds and 1 game Finals

-FA is a free for all

-All-Star Difficulty, 8 minute quarters

-Trades are allowed but will have to be approved before completed (Trade approval team may be established)

- Advance will be every Wednesday and Saturday at 9PM EST- Games that are not completed by then will be auto-simmed

- If you are unable to get a response from your Opponent but have attempted, PM me with proof of trying to contact and I will sim the win for you

TEAM AND OWNERS LIST

Atlanta Hawks
Boston Celtics- GT: Fatulized
Charlotte Bobcats
Chicago Bulls- GT- realterryni
Cleveland Cavaliers- GT- xxxca9efi9hterx

Dallas Mavericks
Denver Nuggets- TriniTrin : GT- TheTriniTrin
Detroit Pistons- Karish: GT- On The Rochks
Golden State Warriors- hlhbk : GT- HLHBK
Houston Rockets- Smokey : GT- Smokey Nice
Indiana Pacers- GT:XxShmo428xX
LA Clippers- Snackawho : GT-Snackawho
LA Lakers- GT: Swaggy Jockamo
Memphis Grizzlies- GT: IMSOTEXY

Miami Heat- Jmizzal: GT-jmizzal2000
Milwaukee Bucks
Minnesota Timberwolves-The_Almighty_Swan: GT- Swauny Jones
New Jersey Nets
New Orleans Pelicans-WascallyWabbit : GT- WascallyWabbith
New York Knicks
Oklahoma City Thunder- charsace: GT-charsace
Orlando Magic- FallingEdge: GT- FallingEdge

Philadelphia Sixers
Phoenix Suns
Portland Trail Blazers
Sacramento Kings
San Antonio Spurs GT-KRoNiiCizINSaNE10
Toronto Raptors- Dramos: GT-Exiled Templar
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards- Flipcup: GT-FlipCup88

A FEW RULES FOR THE LEAGUE:

1) Run an offense. Learn your team. Learn what plays puts your players in the best position to succeed. Running into the paint and kicking out is not an offense. Flinging the ball looking to fastbreak every time you touch the ball is not an offense. We do expect you to run plays at least 50% of the time. This can even consist of PNR and post-up's as that is the majority of what the league does anyways. What we don't want is spread the floor and iso every time down. For those like me who are inexperienced with the game, up on the d-pad runs quick plays which will help you get room to score offensively until you get better at calling plays.

2) Points in the Paint. Your points in the paint should not exceed 50% of your team's total. If you're mixing up your shot selection this shouldn't be an issue. Fast break and second chance points will be deducted from this total. We are not strict on this as obviously if you are playing against someone who is giving you the drive or can not stay in front of you then you take what the defense gives you and from game to game it might vary. But we do expect to look at the shot chart and see some sort of balance with mid range and 3 pt shots mixed in. You shouldn't have 70 pip every game you play. Just play SIM.

3) Riding Stars. It's ok to get your stars involved but shot/scoring distribution should be evenly spread. The 5 year NBA average for FGA one player takes is 22 per game -- thats not including shots the player was fouled on. If we can keep our shot attempts around that number, no one can complain about gunning with stars. If the game goes into overtime or the player is clearly on fire, this rule is lifted. Obviously if a guy is hot you feed him, and of course there might be games where someone shoots over 30x but the AVERAGE over a period and number of games should not exceed 30 shots per game.

4) 3 point attempts. The 5 year NBA average for team attempts is 27 per game for a team. Lets keep it around those numbers. We will cap it at 36 attempts per game (9 per quarter), but If the game goes to overtime or a player gets hot you may exceed the max. Obviously it's a game by game thing and really we are looking at your average 3 pt attempts for a season to be around the 27 attempts mark and not 36 per game.

5) Rotation. Players may only play their primary or secondary positions. Starters must sit at some point in the game -- starters are to average no more than 43 minutes per game.

6) On Ball Defense. You can play on ball or off ball. We have no rules here. To each their own. We don't want 30 teams who all play the same.

7) Zone defense. Should be used sparingly, not as a base. Once you are in the zone you must control the player closest to the ball.

8) Pressing/Traps. Are only allowed with 4 minutes or less left in the 4th quarter. The offensive team is allowed to push the tempo as much as they'd like in this scenario.

9) No trades with AI teams, only player controlled teams can submit trade requests

I took these rules from another league so we can totally adjust them if needed later on.

If you are interested, Please post in this thread with your Xbox One GT and your team desired.

I also plan to utilize GroupMe as a communications app for those who would like to join. If you would like to join this group, please PM me your email address and download the GroupMe App.

THE PLAN IS TO START THE LEAGUE ASAP.
According to my research, the devs stated the following when referring to the Online MyLeague Mode:

The core experience is a single season mode, but there is an offering to extend your league into a second season if everyone wants to run it back. Once the season is done, the Admin has the option to restart the league with the end-of-season rosters (meaning, all trades you made in season 1 will carry over into season 2). Think of it as a new season without the happenings of a standard NBA offseason.

So I suppose it will be a single season with another season after with the same teams.

We can also discuss doing the 2 seasons then maybe doing a fantasy draft season.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
League Starts at 7PM MST 10-4-15

I will be sending out invites to all of you on Xbox. Please make sure you have joined the GroupMe app to help connecting with opponents. You can also message them through XBL.

Playing CPU games is preferred but the open schedule format should allow you to play any of your games anytime. Make sure to check that the ai team doesn't have an owner on the forum before playing CPU team. Try to get your human games in first if possible.

NBA2k16 has an open schedule which allows you to play any game at any time. So with advances, if you have not played 1 game (vs cpu or human) by this wednesday, I will sim one of your games, CPU games will be simmed first. Same thing with the saturday advances.

When you no longer have CPU games and you only have user games left, you must schedule your games before the advances or they will be simmed.

Basically you play 1 game per advance period, 2 games per week. If you do not play 1 game per advance period I will sim 1 game every advance period.

Lets have a great times dudes!!!

Awesome. Gonna read the rules more thoroughly after work, more than likely I'll be in. Is it gaffers only? Got a buddy who'd be interested

Edit: he'd be willing to provide an email address and contact info

Smokey

OP i ised to be commish of the 2k leagues on Gaf from like 2k8 -2k11 before they destroyed the feaure and sent the league into exctinction. Some of the rules look look familiar to me :p.

You most likely won't have a full league. I think you can still create a league based on however many people you have.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
OP i ised to be commish of the 2k leagues on Gaf from like 2k8 -2k11 before they destroyed the feaure and sent the league into exctinction. Some of the rules look look familiar to me :p.

You most likely won't have a full league. I think you can still create a league based on however many people you have.
I actually think I may have been in a league with you a long time ago on x360! Maybe even IGN days (if you were on that forum) The rules I stole from a league on operation sports.com, they seemed perfect!

Awesome. Gonna read the rules more thoroughly after work, more than likely I'll be in. Is it gaffers only? Got a buddy who'd be interested

Edit: he'd be willing to provide an email address and contact info

Sure, get me what team he wants and his info and I'll add em!

Smokey

I actually think I may have been in a league with you a long time ago on x360! Maybe even IGN days (if you were on that forum) The rules I stole from a league on operation sports.com, they seemed perfect!

Sure, get me what team he wants and his info and I'll add em!

I was on IGN and did 2k leagues over there as dbswisha.

Smokey

Harden/Dwight

Harden is better than tmac ever was in 2k, and Dwight is way more athletic on offense/defense than Yao ever was.

Guess you could refer to the movie as a reboot then lol

OK, i'm in
I'll take the Pelicans
Gamertag: WascallyWabbith

And my friend, he'll take the Bulls
Gamertag: realterryni

TriniTrin, i've PM'd you his email addy

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
OK, i'm in
I'll take the Pelicans
Gamertag: WascallyWabbith

And my friend, he'll take the Bulls
Gamertag: realterryni

TriniTrin, i've PM'd you his email addy

Cool, added you both to OP.

I started the groupme group for this league, please check this chat regularly to schedule games as not all of the members of the league are on GAF.

Please PM me your email address so I can send you an invite to this chat. Thank you!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
So is this a one season thing? Or more like a multi year franchise?

According to my research, the devs stated the following when referring to the Online MyLeague Mode:

The core experience is a single season mode, but there is an offering to extend your league into a second season if everyone wants to run it back. Once the season is done, the Admin has the option to restart the league with the end-of-season rosters (meaning, all trades you made in season 1 will carry over into season 2). Think of it as a new season without the happenings of a standard NBA offseason.

So I suppose it will be a single season with another season after with the same teams.

We can also discuss doing the 2 seasons then maybe doing a fantasy draft season.

Smokey

Yeah we should try and get through one season first. Excuse me for being pessimistic, but i seen some shit from 2k that led to the previous 2k leagues death. Things like not being able to advance in the playoffs for example.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Yeah we should try and get through one season first. Excuse me for being pessimistic, but i seen some shit from 2k that led to the previous 2k leagues death. Things like not being able to advance in the playoffs for example.

I hope it goes better than how the leagues worked in MLB!

I think they still have yet to play the World Series in that league! haha!

I think we should be good finishing the season and play offs as long as the game itself doesn't bork it! i mean its only like 18 games including playoffs!

Karish

Pistons are sooooooo bad in this its actually bullshit. If I want to change my team when do I need to decide?

I like using the crappy teams in 2k. It forces you to milk your teams strengths and also learn the moves quicker. Plus playcalling helps a lot too. Nothing sweeter then beating someone using a stacked team like the Cavs or Rockets and them wondering why they can't score or are getting schooled offensively. Keep in mind I'm not the best at the game, but when you finally learn the game and run into those guys who only use stacked teams and have little to know basketball IQ it's pretty rewarding.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
When are we starting ?
I'm trying to get at least 1 more so we have 14 since it doesn't seem like a full league will happen. I'll set a tentative date of this Sunday in hopes we will have our 1.

Pistons are sooooooo bad in this its actually bullshit. If I want to change my team when do I need to decide?
Sunday for now. Nuggets suck too but they are my boys blue!

Karish

Alright I will stick with Pistons! Hopefully some people in league will give me pointers WHILE they woop my ass.

I'm down. Just don't expect much of a challenge yet. In a week or so will be a different story though. I haven't pulled the game out the wrapping yet LOL!!! plan on doing that tonight

Top Bottom