• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Whew...just won a crazy series 2-1 vs Chris James. Aka the game had a network error at the end of the 3rd game with about 30 secs left, but I had it in the bag. Kudos to CJ for committing to get the series done tonight!

I eagerly await the winner of the Cavs and Lakers!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GCQuinton,

I'm in the lobby 20 mins early if you want to play now.

If not ill see ya at 7.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG GCQuinton.

I'll be free at the same time tomorrow for game 2 if you can play then.

Matrix

Ok 7 pm eastern it is,see ya in the lobby then.

Matrix

No idea,but the most likey thing is something happened with xbox live or he lost net connection.

No reason for someone to quit up 4-2 in the 1st :lol

Matrix

I'm down for another season aslong as it's a smaller group of people who have time to play.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Yea Great game Pheeniks, all around.. .was tight basically the whole game...

I apologize for random standing around sometimes, I had people talking to me at my house and trying to keep the convo I would have to put the controller down, so I appreciate you pausing the game at the beginning those couple times....

The flow of the game was smooth with runs back and forth, and LOL at all the end of the quarter madness. How far was that end of the half shot??

Smokey

Matrix said:
I'm down for another season aslong as it's a smaller group of people who have time to play.

Agreed.

Also I can't get the off-ball controls to work right. Is there a way to determine who you specifically want to use it with? I can't get it to work right.

I'm definitely down for another season.

Obviously this season didn't work out perfectly, but I think if we have a smaller group of people and some tweaking of the rules we should have a great season 2.

Matrix

Good series GCQuinton...man if you had a better team you would never lose.I really thought you were going to beat me,but Turko caught fire in the 4th.

We both played some sorry D,I swear it felt we were playing on rookie or something.

GCQuinton

Matrix said:
Good series GCQuinton...man if you had a better team you would never lose.I really thought you were going to beat me,but Turko caught fire in the 4th.

We both played some sorry D,I swear it felt we were playing on rookie or something.

Good series, man. And yeah, looks like our defenses missed the game but it was fun :lol .

If GAF does a second season, I might seriously consider running with the Bobcats again (I'm a homer). With Nazr Mohammed and a trade or two, I think I'd be okay.

Matrix

True,he's been posting a ton in the NBA thread in the OT.Shoot him a pm or write a post in that thread to get his attention.

AkaBalla

Series waiting to be started...

New York and Toronto

Atlanta vs Golden State

LA Lakers vs Cleveland

1 game down

Utah vs Miami

Deadline is tomorrow night @ 11pm est...

malley and i will either get our games in really late tonight or early tomorrow

is anybody possibly up for a fantasy draft? (this is an indication of how badly i'm affected by the fact that CHRIS QUINN IS NOT IN THIS GAME)

Fifty

I've been around. Shame we waited so long to try and set up a time. One of us should have sent the other a PM. However, it being a friday now, I've got plans tonight (leaving in half an hour) and football tomorrow, so I guess I've got to take a forfeit.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
I always check the NBA thread or you could pm me :D

Or you could check this thread. :D
K today is pretty busy, family is in town to watch my nephew play in a basketball tourney. I will have to be out of here by approx 10:30 my time (mountain time) for the first game. I'm not sure what the plan is for during the day but I will post here if I'm available during the day.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm very available. So hopefully we can get at least one game done today and then wrap it up tomorrow. Le me know.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ooh first game of Cavs vs Lakers was very exciting.

I'm down 6 with about 15 seconds left. Bron pulls up for a three, gets fouled and.... misses. I hit the first FT, hit the second FT and miss the third. Offensive rebound, kick out to Hughes, I dribble to the top to set up the offense and see that he is open. BANG! Drops the three.
Cavs down by 1.
Ball inbounds to Kobe, I do a quick intentional cause now it's about 6 seconds left in the game.
Kobe hits his first FT, misses his second. BUT, the Lakers get the offensive rebound. WHAT?!?!?!?! Lakers shoot, miss, get another offensive rebound, shoot and miss, get ANOTHER offensive rebound and i grab the guy for the foul. Lakers on the line, hits the first one and misses the second one. And then once again the Lakers get the offensive rebound. Kobe is lined up between Varajeo and Bron and he somehow comes up with the ball.
Game over.

It was an awesome game. Konex murdered me with Kobe and I was down the entire game until the 4th. I just kept ticking away at his lead slowly but surely.

Game 2 to happen later tonight or tomorrow.

Smokey

Truelize said:
Ooh first game of Cavs vs Lakers was very exciting.

I'm down 6 with about 15 seconds left. Bron pulls up for a three, gets fouled and.... misses. I hit the first FT, hit the second FT and miss the third. Offensive rebound, kick out to Hughes, I dribble to the top to set up the offense and see that he is open. BANG! Drops the three.
Cavs down by 1.
Ball inbounds to Kobe, I do a quick intentional cause now it's about 6 seconds left in the game.
Kobe hits his first FT, misses his second. BUT, the Lakers get the offensive rebound. WHAT?!?!?!?! Lakers shoot, miss, get another offensive rebound, shoot and miss, get ANOTHER offensive rebound and i grab the guy for the foul. Lakers on the line, hits the first one and misses the second one. And then once again the Lakers get the offensive rebound. Kobe is lined up between Varajeo and Bron and he somehow comes up with the ball.
Game over.

It was an awesome game. Konex murdered me with Kobe and I was down the entire game until the 4th. I just kept ticking away at his lead slowly but surely.

Game 2 to happen later tonight or tomorrow.

wow @ the rebounds:lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Smokey Bones said:
wow @ the rebounds:lol

It was painful man. Very painful. Especially because I was down the entire game, Konex was feasting on easy baskets while I was working hard for my points and then I rush back and have such a huge opportunity for the win. Oh well. Hopefully game 2 goes better for me.

AkaBalla

With the 2 series that havent even started yet and no posts on here or no responses on aol.. I will be moving the league along.

Round 2 is going to be generated right now.....

Atlanta and New York advances.....

The Deadline to complete round 2 will be by Friday night @ 11pm est..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm definitely down for a second season. I really love this game.

Except when I shoot 3 for 24 with Bron in a playoff game :(

I'm keeping the Cavs though. There is no way I'm interested in learning releases for a whole new team.

Smokey

Truelize said:
I'm definitely down for a second season. I really love this game.

Except when I shoot 3 for 24 with Bron in a playoff game :(

I'm keeping the Cavs though. There is no way I'm interested in learning releases for a whole new team.

Yeah I'm down it just needs to be a smaller group of balers.

Same. This game is amazing when played right, and with the fix of glitches, it's a lot more enjoyable now (now that I don't need my C to always set my damn screens)

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Smokey you good to play tonight @ 9pm est?

Tonight probably isn't an ideal time for me. I work from 1pm - 930pm (central) so i won't be home until at least 10 something and probably too tired to play. However any other day this week should be ok because I open and get off at 530p(central).

good series matrix!

in that last game I was fearful of choking and it nearly happened. and man, so many open missed shots and especially layups for you. i felt bad

Matrix

GG's and series Pheeniks,I knew I would choke in the playoffs.

You bored me to sleep :p I'm not used to someone taking the shot clock down all the way almost every trip down the court.

I also feel that 2nd game we played felt fixed :lol I was missing layups left and right in the 2nd quarter causing me to score a whopping 9 points! while you were making some insane shots.

Matrix said:
GG's and series Pheeniks,I knew I would choke in the playoffs.

You bored me to sleep :p I'm not used to someone taking the shot clock down all the way almost every trip down the court.

I also feel that 2nd game we played felt fixed :lol I was missing layups left and right in the 2nd quarter causing me to score a whopping 9 points! while you were making some insane shots.

haha, yeah, everyone i play is like "wtf?"
i can't play the heat like they do in person (as in, jacking shit up) because that's what i did last year and i was horrible

i thought i made some crazy shots in game 2, actually, not so much game 3. jason williams went insane

I also feel that 2nd game we played felt fixed

Stern99NBAB874.jpg

Smokey

congrats on the victooooooory phen.

Me and aka should be able to play either tonite or tomorrow.

hey at least the rockets made it out of the 1st round the way they're looking in RL I doubt they'll even make it :(

AkaBalla

GG's Smokey..

I'm not sure why i have the homecourt advantage.. But i can propose this to you. I can reset game #2 so we can play game 3 at Orlando.. Let me know

edit: Ill be available tomorrow night... 9p-11p est time...

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
GG's Smokey..

I'm not sure why i have the homecourt advantage.. But i can propose this to you. I can reset game #2 so we can play game 3 at Orlando.. Let me know

edit: Ill be available tomorrow night... 9p-11p est time...

Yeah GG very intense. I've to shut it down for the nite but tomorrow we can finish the battle.

About the homecourt advantage deal I dunno how that happened. Series is 1-1 now and and I guess you could reset the games, keep the correct scores, and maybe switch spots or somethin(for HC is what I'm talking about). I dunno if you can do that or not though?

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
Yeah GG very intense. I've to shut it down for the nite but tomorrow we can finish the battle.

About the homecourt advantage deal I dunno how that happened. Series is 1-1 now and and I guess you could reset the games, keep the correct scores, and maybe switch spots or somethin(for HC is what I'm talking about). I dunno if you can do that or not though?

I can reset game 2 and we can play another game in Orlando. Whoever wins this game in Orlando advances to the next round.

Smokey

pheeniks said:
this isn't my series to decide, but does homecourt advantage do anything?

To me it does. I play this game with the sound up a bit and playing at home with crowd gets me more into the game. When I was playing at the Celtics place and AKA would go on his runs the volume would be crazy loud and whether you think about it or not because of that it makes you anxious to score a bucket so it'll get quiet so you speed up a little, make a bad pass etc and it snowballs.

That's how it is for me at least. For the most part I guess it comes down to a 'principle' thing too. If I had a pretty good regular season whether it was simmed or not, in the playoffs I should be rewarded for that otherwise what was the point of the regular season?

AkaBalla said:
I can reset game 2 and we can play another game in Orlando. Whoever wins this game in Orlando advances to the next round.

Bet. I'll be on at the same time I was last night.

P.S. Eddie House can suck it launching 3 pointers for almost 1/2 court and hitting nuttin' but net.

AkaBalla

I have a COD3 clan match tonight @ 10pm (should last an hr) I'd prefer to play @ 9pm est... If not then we can play tomorrow night..

Top Bottom