• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
:lol @ no one playing a game

I'd be out the playoffs anyway

those 3 Ls I suffered without being beat hurts.

AkaBalla

Games for Week 16:

Sniffin vs DM

Pheeniks vs Quinton

Malley vs Widge

Smokey vs Konex

Juan vs Aka

Matrix vs True

Jobber vs Fifty

Shawn vs CB

FMT vs Chris James

Zep vs DCX

Smokey

Cloudy said:
Smokey, let's play now..

Sorry I got the message late if you're still around can you go in 15 minuets(11:30 am central)? I'm at a friends house b/c my internet and cable were out yesterday so I'll head back home and if you don't see me on that'll be why.

Smokey

Like I said my internet and cable throughout my apt are out and a technician won't be out until Monday evening to fix it. So hopefully we can play then.

Fifty

My plan worked! GG Jobber. I knew I had to fight dirty to beat you.

Seriously though, that really sucks. Sad to see the RROD affecting both leagues (madden, 2K) at such a disgustingly rapid pace.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Fifty said:
My plan worked! GG Jobber. I knew I had to fight dirty to beat you.

Seriously though, that really sucks. Sad to see the RROD affecting both leagues (madden, 2K) at such a disgustingly rapid pace.

I was looking forward to abusing Bosh and Ford. :(

Maybe I'll try the towel trick

Smokey

Cloudy said:
GG Smokey

I'll say it again, the 3s are ridiculous. Why won't you adjust it, Aka?

GG mayn.

To be fair a lot of my 3's were uncontested which is why I shot quite a bit of them(20) because I kept getting open looks and ended up shooting 50% from the 3.

Francis really came through. I love you Matrix:D . Immediately from the outset I knew I had to contain Bryant and I originally had Bonzi on him but figured Bryant would destroy him and if you wanted could get a lot of uncontested shots. So I ended up putting Lewis on him. He may not have as good of hands as Wells but he's 6'10 and he'd bother Kobe's shot a lot more.

Hope everybody didn't bail on the league, it looks like only 2 games have been played.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True,I'm free to play tommorow night past 9 pm eastern aslong as live is working.

AkaBalla

With Jobber's RROD, Widge not back from vacation (going on 4 weeks) and Zep mysteriously MIA for the 3rd time this season we need 1 more guy to drop out so i can advance the schedule to the playoffs. I can let every team make the playoffs.

Heck if i dont get answer tonight i will drop myself out of the playoffs and let you guys try to win...

Edit: Add CB to the list of RROD.. So thats 4!!!!

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
With Jobber's RROD, Widge not back from vacation (going on 4 weeks) and Zep mysteriously MIA for the 3rd time this season we need 1 more guy to drop out so i can advance the schedule to the playoffs. I can let every team make the playoffs.

Heck if i dont get answer tonight i will drop myself out of the playoffs and let you guys try to win...

Edit: Add CB to the list of RROD.. So thats 4!!!!

I dunno what's up with Zep. Sucks about the RROD issue.

IF(big if going by what's happened in this league) the next league should limit the amount of teams to 12 or maybe 8.

Fifty

I voted for 5 games. I think there's still enough interest in the upper echelon of players to warrant 5. Then again, I'm someone who likes this game so much I've been playing it offline.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I voted for 3 only cause of all the issues live has been having :\

Fifty

Matrix said:
I voted for 3 only cause of all the issues live has been having :\

Live is still having issues? I thought that was just a week-long problem that ended a while ago. I haven't been online in well over a week now so I wouldn't know as well as you would.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Live is still having issues? I thought that was just a week-long problem that ended a while ago. I haven't been online in well over a week now so I wouldn't know as well as you would.

It's off and on and seems to randomly choose it's victims/game servers now.I checked this morning and it was working flawlessly for me for the first time in over a week,but this was at 8 am.

A couple of nights ago I couldnt log into the rockband servers and my marketplace wouldnt load anything.

read thru the last couple of pages...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221983&page=18

Smokey

wow

how do i finish #2 in the standings when all i did was play my games and work my way up to #1 only for it to be a waste of time.

aka plz fix that is bs

or at the very least let me and matrix play for it or something. we were both on 7+ game winstreaks and I rather it be settled that way then to just lose my #1 spot for no reason.

Matrix

Not that it matters,but didnt you have two free wins Smokey before everything was simmed.Not your fault at all,but.....

I see a 0-0 W vs jobber and a 0-0 W vs Malley,unless the box scores just didnt record on the site :p I played all my games and was on a 10 game win streak.

I dont really care though,im going to get killed in the playoffs.I havent played any league games in weeks.

AkaBalla

I just simmed the league to make the bottom 4 not eligible for playoffs. How would i decide how you and Matrix get the #1 seed? It was just fate as i was simming games to end the league and you ended up #2.

I should be seeded higher than a 6 but i'm not complaining...

Playoffs wil be generated shortly..

Good Luck

Matrix

AkaBalla said:
Oh wait a minute you lost to Houston... Houstons slides into the #1 spot..... Head to head..

Aka,Smokey beat me.

unless you meant the simmed game :\

AkaBalla

Matrix said:
Aka,Smokey beat me.

unless you meant the simmed game :\

My mistake i must have looked at another team's schedule.. But this wasn't a factor of playoff seedings, it was after the fact..

There's nothing i can do since the playoffs are generated so with that said i dunno what to say...

Smokey

Matrix said:
Not that it matters,but didnt you have two free wins Smokey before everything was simmed.Not your fault at all,but.....

I see a 0-0 W vs jobber and a 0-0 W vs Malley,unless the box scores just didnt record on the site :p I played all my games and was on a 10 game win streak.

I dont really care though,im going to get killed in the playoffs.I havent played any league games in weeks.

The game with jobber we tried to play twice and i was leading both times and the 2nd time it gave up in the middle of the 3rd and I was up a decent amount so we decided to just let it be and me get the win.

Malley I tried repeatedly to get him to play it just didn't happen.

I'm just sayin' I was #1 for the majority of the season, contacted everyone and attempted to play or did play had 7 W's in a row...yet I get the 2nd seed. At least let me and you play to determine the seed instead of me just getting pushed to the 2nd seed and my regular season a waste.

But it's aight whoever in my way better move the hell out it's on.

juan if you wanna run game 1 let's do it

Matrix

Oh I agree,hell you should have had 1st seed since you did officially get one more game in then me.Aka is the commish and I guess just felt like moving the league along.

The random simming of course screwed you over,but you're good enough to win it all and if you're on your game you should have no problems beating anyone.

I do understand your point though.

I hardly call getting the 2nd seed a waste of your season, but whatever.

A lot of people could be bitching right now. AKA is better than a 6 seed. I went from being in 11th place to a 4 seed somehow.

"Things just break sometimes, ya know?"

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
I hardly call getting the 2nd seed a waste of your season, but whatever.

A lot of people could be bitching right now. AKA is better than a 6 seed. I went from being in 11th place to a 4 seed somehow.

"Things just break sometimes, ya know?"

I guess.

Anyway my 1st round matchup is over good series Juan.

Took me a second to figure out a lineup to combat the Nuggets they have a lot of firepower.

Well, that's the end of my season.

I won the first game in a nailbiter. The second game was a blowout until I went on a run in the 2nd half to make it interesting in the 4th. The final game was a roller coaster ride for me. I couldn't hit many outside shots so I was forced to drive to the hoop and play into Shawn's hands.

Good series, disappointing results.

Season 2 (of 2k8) will be much better!

Top Bottom