• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

ColdBlooded33 said:
Man on man. the Flea Flicker when executed right is the most beautiful play. I hit that shit against pheenix perfectly. Safety bit on the RB. 40 yard RAINBOW to John Taylor on the post just out of the reach of the CB for a TD.

that was beautiful

my kicks were not

Rorschach

speculawyer said:
Kinda hard to read but you can probably decipher it:
raiders.png
Thanks! Gonna try it out Monday.

Maverick

I made a pretty good Steelers '70s era throwback if anyone is interested. I can grab the code when I get home from work.

The only thing that's impossible to get right is the shoulder sleeves.

Maverick said:
Yeah, I stumbled upon the playbook editor today. You can infact take your custom playbook online, which is outstanding.

I loaded up a 3-4 playbook with Lambert and Joe Schmidt as my middle linebackers.

Jack Tatum at Safety.

My opponent couldn't move the ball on me at all, but unfortunately since Ricky Watters is my running back, I lost the game 7-6. :lol

I continue to be astounded by the animations in this game. Some are overdone, but what the 2K team is going for should be commended.

Is there a way to access it if you just want to play a Quick Game? I don't see it anywhere but Season Mode.

BirdBomb

Banned
D'ultimate said:
Is there a way to access it if you just want to play a Quick Game? I don't see it anywhere but Season Mode.

go to the team manage section from the mian menu, build your playbook, save it, and you can then use it in quick game.

LiveWire

That begs a question....FMT, will we be able to use our own playbooks for the league or do we all have to use the same default playbook?

maynerd

Banned
speculawyer said:
A8xwnXtQYZ6ZUPd6YMwfdW7jteAfNrqgFvdTFP3zpRSozTdd8nudtHzK8jVGbdd3Qc

Here is a code for the Seahawks. I didn't make it but I tested it and it works.

Thanks speculawyer...I already picked it up :)

Now i'm just waiting for someone to make throwback unis! :)

dsc00181fc5.jpg

dsc00182xe5.jpg

SickBoy

I was looking through the various team options, and I have to say, I was quite amused that there's an easy option to name your team the Cleveland Steamers...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:
So I started a season with my Chicago Assassins and Stabler gets hurt in the first game. Out for 12 weeks! Damn. :( Now I have a no medal QB running the team, and while I've won the last two games with him it has been a painful experience to say the least!

Oh, and is there an issue with game to game fatigue with this game?

I noticed the fatigue level is set to 85 percent or better for substitions. Yet Walter Payton, who ran 18 times in game two, started game 3 on the bench because his fatigue level was at 50 percent AT THE BEGINNING of game 3. WTF.

He has a rare liver disease. Cut him some slack.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game is perfect.

not really, but it's close enough I don't care

QB's that feel like QB's... Having to wind up a throw when you're gunning down the field... having to set your feet to deliver an accurate pass, real 3/5/7 step drops, wobbly throws... where ever do they come up with these crazy ideas!?

:)

my only problem with the game is controlling the defense is hectic at times. im getting used to it though.

dj, all the league rules will be posted soon enough. but i can tell you right now you can use any and all plays you want. why limit people if we don't have to? :D

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dj, all the league rules will be posted soon enough. but i can tell you right now you can use any and all plays you want. why limit people if we don't have to? :D

Can we agree that the punt formation then audible to another formation to run out the clock causing a delay of game call on the offense is off-limits?

spec we don't have scumbags in our leagues. OBVIOUSLY that shit is illegal. i know you were probably being sarcastic, but i think the good thing about having an online league through the forums is that there isn't really any anonimity. everyone know whos everyone is, you're not playing some douchebag who you'll never talk to again, so people are more respectable. as i said from the start, our league is a 100% sim league and taking advantage of glitches will get you removed from the league... post-haste!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
my only problem with the game is controlling the defense is hectic at times. im getting used to it though.

Excellent! To the chalkboard-mobile!

newsguy

I'm kind of bummed that online ranked there's no multiple hot routes. I live off of it offline. I'm like a digital Peyton Manning

DenogginizerOS said:
What is the verdict?

I've been playing this game exclusively since I purchased it. Its a fast loading game, and it doesn't hiccup at all. The frame rate is locked at a silky smooth 30fps and it allows for some great animation sequences. Their are a few quirks, if you set the game play to fast, it will skip replays visual but you will get the audio. So I play with the game on normal. I'd say the only difference you will find with its counter part on the 360 is frame rate. I have found that some uniform codes created on the 360 work on the PS3.

Game play wise, its "GREAT" if this where a licensed game I would skip Madden. I like the fact that you can select an infinite amount of plays to store in your playbook(I have over 2000 Off/Def plays in my play book). The animations are the best yet for a football game, seeing is believing in this aspect. I love the presence of a pocket and how QB's stand tall in the pocket with signature style throws. I like the implementation of the new "fake" formation. I like now on defense that you have to shift Fronts instead of shifting linemen, this is how it supposed to be in the real world.

What can I say, its a great game, and it plays very well on my PS3.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:

The momentum on defense is borked if you ask me, good luck trying to tackle one of those Gold RBs in the open field if you're controlling the defensive guy. :p Add in the slight online lag, and yea.

Evolved1

newsguy said:
I'm kind of bummed that online ranked there's no multiple hot routes. I live off of it offline. I'm like a digital Peyton Manning

Yeah... that's pretty much my whole offense. Read the D and make adjustments. Multiple hot routes should be default. He calls them out at the line (and you can't snap until he's finished) so I don't know why they'd not let you use them.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Oh how I LOVE playing random asshats online. LOVE IT.

The thing that makes the game I just finished so much worse was that I had TWO game winning FG attempts in overtime that I missed. One of them was less than 10 freakin yards. The wind was at 8 and my timing was a bit late but it said I was centered and the ball flew with the wind like the wind was 80. I must be pushing way over to one side.
I wound up losing in double overtime to this douchebag that ran hurry-up offense the entire game, ran 90% of his plays to Payton and then paused the game on me for 8 minutes.

* game doesn't give you the win if they pause and you choose to quit after the 5 mins have expired. Nice decision there 2k.

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
The momentum on defense is borked if you ask me, good luck trying to tackle one of those Gold RBs in the open field if you're controlling the defensive guy. :p Add in the slight online lag, and yea.

I find it helps if you hold A to charge and then use a Right Stick left or right wrap up tackle. If it's one-on-one and you're trailing a Gold RB, forget about it unless it's a Gold defender. But, if you're coming at him from the side or in front there's a good chance you can get him, or at least slow him down enough to allow a gang tackle.

Play me online, I'll show you. :D

Ramirez

I'm glad VC put in fair play rules for ranked games...oh wait, I love people going for it on 4th down near the 50 yard line!

Evolved1

Won my first game. Missed three friggin extra points because of 14 mph wind and my sucky kicking. Bullshit.

This game is so awesome though.

Truelize said:
OhThe thing that makes the game I just finished so much worse was that I had TWO game winning FG attempts in overtime that I missed. One of them was less than 10 freakin yards. The wind was at 8 and my timing was a bit late but it said I was centered and the ball flew with the wind like the wind was 80. I must be pushing way over to one side.

I find that you have to swing the stick earlier than you think you should. I was thinking that you try to match the leg movement on the screen . . . that's wrong. Flip the stick up right at the start of the leg movement.

Truelize said:
I wound up losing in double overtime to this douchebag that ran hurry-up offense the entire game, ran 90% of his plays to Payton and then paused the game on me for 8 minutes.
* game doesn't give you the win if they pause and you choose to quit after the 5 mins have expired. Nice decision there 2k.

Well, I've mostly been doing running plays because I suck at passing. I'm surprised about the pause thing . . . you can't do that in NHL 2K7. I think if someone pauses for more than a 2 or 3 minutes, it gives the other guy the option of allowing continued play or just taking a win.

Ramirez

Yea, about that fair play thing, some guy just went for it on every ****ing 4th down using the same god forskaen play to Campbell. A little dump pass in the flats, I put people in the flats, ran man, nothing ****ing worked and trying to manual defend something that isn't even on the screen is stunning.

Why the **** can't they come up with some kind of A.I. that catches on to the same play running bullshit? It's plagued these games for years. -_-

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Yeah its hard to believe they would let it just keep on ticking with no consequence... That would be the ultimate way to not give in to a cheeser lol. Just leave for the day.

The game finally appeared at Blockbuster today so I grabbed it. Quickly tried out a game with Marino and Rice, I was unstoppable with those two. The animations are incredible, Mario passes like Marino did.

One stand out moment was on defense, the computer threw at a WR in a slant going out, the WR was open downfield but one of my silver CB in front of him, jumped in the air and tipped it to a saftey that was coming in, the safety intercepted the ball. The anmiations looked like it would in real life, crazy.

I haven't even scratched the surface yet, but I can tell its very very much like 2k5 which is great but I was hoping for a bit more changes. They didnt even change the script for the halftime show its the exact same one Berman would read.

BTW Miami Dolphins uniform please.

bdoughty

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

My biggest problem also but I guess it will have to grow on me. Tried to return it but they noticed the seal was removed and said I could get $25 store credit. Lucky for that guy the store does not use magazine racks.

If you are still looking for players in the league let me know.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys keep in mind that 2k hasn't been working on this game for 3 years, so keep that in mind when talking about innovation and so on.

Like they said on the EGM show, that's not our fault. They had the time, they didn't use it. Just because they only used a year of that time, doesn't put their game above criticism. I can't wait to rent it, but it's missing a lot.

Like they said on the EGM show, that's not our fault. They had the time, they didn't use it. Just because they only used a year of that time, doesn't put their game above criticism. I can't wait to rent it, but it's missing a lot.

well it's not exactly their fault they stopped making NFL games either. i realize this idea could have happened 3 years ago but making a game isn't like eating a chicks ass out after you just met her at the club that night. there are financial things that play into it and while i'm sure all the VC team wanted to make another football game from the get-go it doesn't always work that way nor are they calling the shots from that angle.

sucks that we wont see APF again until 2k10, but i hope they release plenty of DLC!

bjscott05

Just picked up the game and I'm loving it. Would like it if someone would send me a friend request to play online sometime... I'm sure I'll get smoked though.:lol

GT: scottstl

Top Bottom