• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Britney Spears FEMME FATALE Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Britney's Q1 2012 Update:

There is no update.

SiFfF.gif

P.S. Well there is that X-factor rumor. She is in talks. Whether it happens or not we shall see.
J7hqx.gif

Boringney
brit11.gif

Is there not going to be any more singles off of FF? She has several songs that would be crazy not to release...

Oh well, at least Boringney is better than Insaney... ^^

Mau ®

Is there not going to be any more singles off of FF? She has several songs that would be crazy not to release...

No more singles. Criminal flopping ruined her streak.

I've never seen you around here, new Britney fan?

I just want new music.

As I asked in the other thread: Inthezone, do you have any idea when we can expect new music from Britney.

In anticipation I'll go listen to Trip to your Heart now...

I almost wish Britney would just stop touring and focus her career on being a studio artist. I doubt anyone would think any less of her. She wouldn't have to do any promo at all because she's Britney Spears.

That way she'd be able to deliver us pop goodness every year, but without it being rushed like Rihanna's recent albums.

I almost wish Britney would just stop touring and focus her career on being a studio artist. I doubt anyone would think any less of her. She wouldn't have to do any promo at all because she's Britney Spears.

That way she'd be able to deliver us pop goodness every year, but without it being rushed like Rihanna's recent albums.

Yes!

Nothing of worth would be lost (her live performances / appearances), while we would get more of the good stuff (her music).

Mau ®

It's sad for me to say I agree for the most part. At this point her tours do more harm than good. I didnt like The Femme Fatale tour at all.

As for a new album, there's no word at all. RCA CEO mentioned that she is expected to go back to the studio in Late 2012. It's safe to say 2013 will be the year but nothing is set in stone.

Meanwhile, Danja has been campaigning on twitter for a Blackout 2. Poor dude should let it go.

It's sad for me to say I agree for the most part. At this point her tours do more harm than good. I didnt like The Femme Fatale tour at all.

As for a new album, there's no word at all. RCA CEO mentioned that she is expected to go back to the studio in Late 2012. It's safe to say 2013 will be the year but nothing is set in stone.

Meanwhile, Danja has been campaigning on twitter for a Blackout 2. Poor dude should let it go.

:(

Poor Danja, trying to repeat his moment of glory.

My dream Britney album would be entirely helmed by Bloodshy & Avant. They make some magic together.

Toxic
How I Roll
Trip to Your Heart
Unusual You
Phonography
Trouble
Piece of Me
Toy Soldier
Freakshow

Flawless ♥

My dream Britney album would be entirely helmed by Bloodshy & Avant. They make some magic together.

Toxic
How I Roll
Trip to Your Heart
Unusual You
Phonography
Trouble
Piece of Me
Toy Soldier
Freakshow

Flawless ♥

These two stand out to me, with Phonography being probably my favorite Britney song of all.

I like all of their songs though. Except for Toy Soldier. The music is great, but I don't like Britney's shrieking on that track.

But yes, B&A are great producers.

royalan

I don't care when the music comes (because in my heart of hearts I believe she still loves making music). But I want to her to take a break and not come back until she's ready to put 100% into it.

I don't care when the music comes (because in my heart of hearts I believe she still loves making music). But I want to her to take a break and not come back until she's ready to put 100% into it.

Nope.

Drag her into the studio. She doesn't need to be "into" it to deliver quality. I present Blackout as my first piece of evidence.

Mau ®

Toxic
How I Roll
Trip to Your Heart
Unusual You
Phonography
Trouble
Piece of Me
Toy Soldier
Freakshow

Flawless ♥

This man knows whats up! Bow!!

Bloodshy & Avant get Britney. Nobody else does it like them both. Pop Perfection.

I've gave up hope of a "into it" Britney now, as far promotional activities are concerned. I believe she loves touring just looking at that smile on her face when she tours (this is a woman who cant fake smile to save her life... look at her meet and greets lol).

royalan

Nope.

Drag her into the studio. She doesn't need to be "into" it to deliver quality. I present Blackout as my first piece of evidence.

LOL - You're a horrible human being.

Yes, musically Britney can still deliver. But, frankly, I want all of Britney or nothing at all. Besides just her music, Britney had a fierceness. A fire. A ferocity about her that was every bit as important as her music.

It also reflected in her music. Blackout is my favorite Britney album, but let's not forget she was at the peak of her public breakdown when she made it. Part of the reason Blackout is so good is because she was in a "I just don't give a fuck about you or your feelings" mindset and it came though in her music.

We also got her House of Blues mini-tour which, haters be damned, I loved.

The point is, the Britney fire was still there in the Blackout era, even though she was in the midst of a breakdown.

When the fire is not there, we get Circus.

Femme Fatale, while better than Circus, wasn't better than Blackout to me...or as good we KNOW Britney's capable of delivering.

Deep down, I believe that Britney still loves performing as much as making music. She was a dancer first, you know. I want her to go away for a bit a rediscover that in herself.

I don't want Machine Britney, even if she's still capable of making decent music in that state.

LOL - You're a horrible human being.
PFGmY.gif

Yes, musically Britney can still deliver. But, frankly, I want all of Britney or nothing at all. Besides just her music, Britney had a fierceness. A fire. A ferocity about her that was every bit as important as her music.
Nope, not interested in her personality. I just want music.

It also reflected in her music. Blackout is my favorite Britney album, but let's not forget she was at the peak of her public breakdown when she made it. Part of the reason Blackout is so good is because she was in a "I just don't give a fuck about you or your feelings" mindset and it came though in her music.

We also got her House of Blues mini-tour which, haters be damned, I loved.

The point is, the Britney fire was still there in the Blackout era, even though she was in the midst of a breakdown.

When the fire is not there, we get Circus.

Femme Fatale, while better than Circus, wasn't better than Blackout to me...or as good we KNOW Britney's capable of delivering.

Deep down, I believe that Britney still loves performing as much as making music. She was a dancer first, you know. I want her to go away for a bit a rediscover that in herself.

I don't want Machine Britney, even if she's still capable of making decent music in that state.
I don't agree with any of that. With an artist like Britney, a good record is the result of good producers who make the singer do as many takes as necessary. The state-of-mind of the artist has little impact on the end result, if said artist has next to no input in the creative process anyway. That sounds awful, but I don't mean it in a negative way.

Edit: but off course I want Britney to be happy. In case you wondered... ;)

royalan

PFGmY.gif

Nope, not interested in her personality. I just want music.

I don't agree with any of that. With an artist like Britney, a good record is the result of good producers who make the singer do as many takes as necessary. The state-of-mind of the artist has little impact on the end result, if said artist has next to no input in the creative process anyway. That sounds awful, but I don't mean it in a negative way.

But who said Britney doesn't have any creative input on her music or career? At the height of career she had a ton of input even if she wasn't actually writing the songs herself. For example, Britney's always been very hands-on when it comes to picking producers and the demo tracks that are sent to her.

Mindset also influences a lot of the risks an artist takes and songs they'll accept. Again, Blackout is a good example of this. It was an album conceived when she was at her most rebellious, and you can hear that. Tracks like Gimme More, Piece of Me, and Freakshow probably wouldn't have happened if Brit wasn't in the state of mind she was in.

thought you knew before but if you don't then now you know.

But who said Britney doesn't have any creative input on her music or career? At the height of career she had a ton of input even if she wasn't actually writing the songs herself. For example, Britney's always been very hands-on when it comes to picking producers and the demo tracks that are sent to her.

Mindset also influences a lot of the risks an artist takes and songs they'll accept. Again, Blackout is a good example of this. It was an album conceived when she was at her most rebellious, and you can hear that. Tracks like Gimme More, Piece of Me, and Freakshow probably wouldn't have happened if Brit wasn't in the state of mind she was in.

If you thought you knew before well if you don't then now you know.

This is all accurate. You and Souldriver are both right.

Britney herself has long had a lot of input about what she records, the image and delivery that she's aiming to convey with each record, and being a willing muse for some of pop's best and brightest minds. Her collaborators bring out the best of her, they mold the clay and turn that unique voice and persona that we all love into a slick three minutes of gold.

So, the songwriters and the producers do ultimately determine the quality of the album, period...but Britney's participation in the process is what keeps the machine churning. It's why other artists often bid higher for better songs, but Britney's are always just as iconic and memorable. It's simple!

thought you knew before but if you don't then now you know.

Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm underestimating Britney's capabilities. But personally I believe Britney is, and always has been, in the firm grips of her label and producers.

If anything, Blackout is proof that you can make a great album, even when the singer is completely out there, unenthusiastic and absent minded. Just listen to her vocals on the album! You can actually hear Keri Hilson doing the backing vocals on Break the Ice! If you look at the list of writers and producers for songs like Gimme More and Piece of Me, it's quite obvious that it's her management who created all of it. They thought it would be a good idea to give the album some zazz by playing lyrically into her personal crisis. Gimme more gives credits to Nate Hills, Keri Hilson, Marcella Araica, James Washington and Danja. Britney herself however is nowhere to be found...

It's my firm believe that my description of "dragging her into the studio to do 100 takes until the producers are satisfied", is exactly how her cd's come to exist.

I am willing to believe however, that if she is genuinely into what she does and feels involved, she gives suggestions and her personal accents to the music. But I doubt that's determining to the end product.

royalan

Perhaps you're right. Maybe I'm underestimating Britney's capabilities. But personally I believe Britney is, and always has been, in the firm grips of her label and producers.

If anything, Blackout is proof that you can make a great album, even when the singer is completely out there, unenthusiastic and absent minded. Just listen to her vocals on the album! You can actually hear Keri Hilson doing the backing vocals on Break the Ice! If you look at the list of writers and producers for songs like Gimme More and Piece of Me, it's quite obvious that it's her management who created all of it. They thought it would be a good idea to give the album some zazz by playing lyrically into her personal crisis. Gimme more gives credits to Nate Hills, Keri Hilson, Marcella Araica, James Washington and Danja. Britney herself however is nowhere to be found...

It's my firm believe that my description of "dragging her into the studio to do 100 takes until the producers are satisfied", is exactly how her cd's come to exist.

I am willing to believe however, that if she is genuinely into what she does and feels involved, she gives suggestions and her personal accents to the music. But I doubt that's determining to the end product.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no delusions of Britney Spears being in the studio writing and mixing tracks herself. By and large, she doesn't do that.

What I do credit her with is knowing what works for her, and being hands-on in the process of picking the team of people that can bring out the best in her.

For example. As far as I know, Britney has never had a high-profile collaboration with Timbaland. In fact, there are a few articles dating back to 2007 of Timbaland admitting that he and Justin had been TURNED DOWN by Brit after they approached her with plans to "revitalize" her career. But later that same year she hooks up with Danja, who up until that part had largely been a protege of Timbaland, and not only gets production out him that took a steaming dump on everything Timbaland would produce that year, but also production of a calibre Danja would not later be able to reproduce with another artist.

Iwata: *laughs*

Then there's the fact that she introduced the Pop masses to the dubstep breakdown before most people even knew what dubstep was, nor did they know that she'd already introduced them to it 2 albums earlier ("Freakshow").

There's also the bit about the entire concept behind the "Baby One More Time" video was her idea. The director originally wanted her dancing in front of a green screen with cartoon characters. Reportedly, Britney's response was something along the lines of "Uhhhh, survey says no. That was lame with Paula Abdul did it and it's lame now. Here's what we're we're going to do: the video is going to take place in a school, and me and my girlfriends (and my pet gays) are going to be dressed in sexy school uniforms and busting fierce choreo. Just get me a convertible, a gymnasium, and some hair scuncis and I'll sell it from there."

That video went on to be Brit's most iconic, and despite her of course needing a director and choreographer, it was all. her. idea.

If you want an example of producers working to cover-up an artist's vapidity and lack of artistic awareness, look no further than Madonna's MDNA. Madonna is without a doubt the biggest pop female on the planet, so you'd think she'd get top notch production from top-notch producers that didn't sound like Avril Lavigne/Ke$ha b-sides. But alas...

And why? Because she just doesn't care, or even know, what works for her as an artist.

Mau ®

This is all accurate. You and Souldriver are both right.

Britney herself has long had a lot of input about what she records, the image and delivery that she's aiming to convey with each record, and being a willing muse for some of pop's best and brightest minds. Her collaborators bring out the best of her, they mold the clay and turn that unique voice and persona that we all love into a slick three minutes of gold.

So, the songwriters and the producers do ultimately determine the quality of the album, period...but Britney's participation in the process is what keeps the machine churning. It's why other artists often bid higher for better songs, but Britney's are always just as iconic and memorable. It's simple!

brit11.gif

Y U no post more often?

I'm listening to/rediscovering In the Zone now. The album when she was probably most invested and involved in her music/career.

It's really good. Breathe on Me is one of my favorites. I wouldn't mind an album full of Breathe on Me/Touch Of My Hand/And Then We Kiss sorta songs.

Mau ®

It's really good. Breathe on Me is one of my favorites. I wouldn't mind an album full of Breathe on Me/Touch Of My Hand/And Then We Kiss sorta songs.

Right?

Her mid-tempos are amazing. But for some reason she doesnt seem into them, as she hardly includes them on her set-lists.

If she released an album like that, it would officially be her Ray of Light. Yass

Kyon

Banned
I'm gonna cry. You guys pretty much posted everything I wanted to say lmao

Nothing of worth to add here I guess

No more singles. Criminal flopping ruined her streak.

I've never seen you around here, new Britney fan?
:( Criminal is awesome, I heard it way more frequently on the radio over here then any of her other singles since her ITZ days. :/

I hope her next album leanes more towards the style of HATLM, with her vocals being so raw and sexy without trying.

Not a new Britney fan, well, I haven't been on here much, posted once or twice when FF was released, but has been a fan since the beginning of her career. :)

Christopher

Drop Dead Beautiful should have been the next single who the hell thought Criminal would be a good single, I consitantly changed it when I heard it on the radio.

Koodo

Banned
damn you're cute.
Criminal being a single was a mistake, should have been inside out or how I roll.
Some fans chose it.

I don't think they should be referred to as fans anymore.

Very, very pressed that Inside Out never became a single.

Cynosure

oh look, Britney stans I never see in the Pop Gaf thread, let alone anywhere else in gaf

Hi Toy Soldier
Why are you using a photoshopped candid of your fav as your avatar?
It's not from a photoshoot for a magazine or something. It's a candid, and it's photoshoped. your fav.

1lol.gif

edit// that photo isn't really a candid, point still stands though //

here, fixed it for you.

gjxJE.png

Winning smile; iconic. Be it the photo you shared, or the work of art I'm sharing. :)

Y'all are intense sometimes. :lol I'm just gonna play some When Your Eyes Say It and chill. Anyone's welcome to join. :p

idwl

oh look, Britney stans I never see in the Pop Gaf thread, let alone anywhere else in gaf

Cause we can't handle the drama/attitude in that thread. Flopga etc.

I really loved femme fatale when it leaked but the tracks got old really fast. I mean to this day I can still listen to toxic and not be sick of it. Till the world ends and inside out are the two tracks from the album I still like. Especially Till the world ends which has jumped up to be probably top 5 britney song for me.

Mau ®

It's happening gurls!!!!

A well-placed source tells THR that the pop superstar's fiance Jason Trawick is negotiating the contract which could be signed as soon as next week.

Britney Spears is nearing a deal to serve as judge on next season's The X Factor, a well-placed source tells The Hollywood Reporter. Spears' fiance, agent Jason Trawick, is negotiating the contract which could be signed as soon as next week.
Recently, reports surfaced that the pop superstar was interested in joining the panel, but according to an insider, it was show creator Simon Cowell who made the initial approach. Spears is signed to Sony Music's RCA Records, which absorbed her original label Jive in 2011 and has exclusive music rights to X Factor artists.

As one of Sony's Music's marquee acts (33 million albums sold in the U.S. and counting), Spears brings legitimacy as a successful recording artist, something critics of X Factor say was missing in last year's competition, as well as a level of unpredictability and drama that also was largely absent from the Fox show when Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul were judges. During a conference call with reporters in February, Cowell would not confirm that talks had begun with Spears, but did hint that “there’s going to be a lot of twists and turns over the next few weeks and a lot of things we’re going to announce."

To prepare for the seat alongside judges Cowell and Epic Records chairman L.A. Reid, Spears is undergoing extensive media training. Janet Jackson was also in the running as a potential judge, but reportedly bowed out citing previous commitments to tour.
No word yet on who might take the fourth spot. Two hosts have yet to be named as well.

Another high-ranking show exec recently told THR that the perfect candidate would be someone based in Los Angeles who not only has music business success and credentials, but is perhaps a parent and wants to spend time with his or her kids. Clearly, Spears fits the bill. Spears' representative could not be reached for comment. A rep for the show refused to confirm or comment. Fox had no comment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/britney-spears-x-factor-judge-jason-trawick-297730

P.S. Im happy that bitch got banned. Shitting on my blessed thread. Ch... Clearly he was pressed there's no Christina Aguilera OT, unless you count her period at the Etta James funeral as her official thread... ch...

Koodo

Banned
No me gusta. I want X Factor to become the juggernaut it's meant to be and the show needs a great judging panel to accomplish this. I see Godney being the same kind of judge as J Lo, Steven Tyler, Nicole Scherzinger, Xtincta, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton: shit judges.

Even Paula's incoherence provided more of a critique than this line of clowns who are incapable of saying anything other than "you are unique, I felt it." LORDT.

But the Holy Spearit works in mysterious ways, maybe she'll surprise us and become a mean bitch on the show. :lol

Original Doll, blast from the past. I remember when she took the demo to KISS, everyone flipped their shit on New Year's Eve. Good times.

Not feeling that demo at all, but Mona Lisa was OK.

Mau ®

Happy Birthday

article-2054954-0E9170B500000578-113_634x372.jpg

Oh.

tumblr_lvqrkwv17t1qca0jx.jpg

tumblr_luq59vu57Q1qblmyyo1_500.jpg

6035072388_3dbc101cd7_z.jpg

It's cute you're coming for Brit's tour. Probably the only strong card you can play these days as a Madge stan. But my fave still slayed the tour AND had #1 hits as well as TOP 10 hits that didnt drop off the face of the earth after 2 weeks. When was ther last time that happened with your fave, exactly?
ny37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom