• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare Reveal Trailer + MW footage

Hm, I thought the women in the last couple games were pretty great.

What happened with Kane at the end was just stupid.
And the Russian woman in AW disappeared for literally half the game without mention despite being in on the ATLUS conspiracy discovery, to just suddenly pop up in the final mission.
Hacker girl from BO2 was okay but hardly had much to do.

VariantX

The remaster does look better, just not by that much to me. Its the added stuff like the tarps reacting in the wind and the added geometry for details sake that are the clearest upgrades for me.

Duxxy3

And the Russian woman in AW disappeared for literally half the game without mention despite being in on the ATLUS conspiracy, to just suddenly pop up in the final mission.

He might have meant Sarah Hall. That's the more fleshed out character in BO3 (at least IMO).

And the Russian woman in AW disappeared for literally half the game without mention despite being in on the ATLUS conspiracy discovery, to just suddenly pop up in the final mission.
But, they had a strong presence in their respective games...

I don't feel like they have to be there every step of the way in order to be considered as handled well. Heck, on top of Kane and Sarah, the player character in BO3 could be a woman. They're doing a better job than most shooters in that department so far.

Kin5290

But, they had a strong presence in their respective games...

I don't feel like they have to be there every step of the way in order to be considered as handled well. Heck, on top of Kane and Sarah, the player character in BO3 could be a woman. They're doing a better job than most shooters in that department so far.
Didn't they seriously drop the ball in changing up NPC dialogue to reflect the player character being a woman?

And Ilona basically vanishes from the game in the final mission.

shridz

Neo Member
Could anyone confirm whether there will be jetpacks or not. Because watching the trailer, there is no hint of them using one. Not a troll question, just curious. I am curious about this title. I hope they make a comeback.

Actually I think Ilona was in about half of the Sentinel missions. She just wasn't in the BioLab or SanFran missions, but was in the Thailand, Antartica, and Baghdad missions.

To me AW is how you do a classic CoD campaign; each mission felt distinct in a way Ghosts and Bloops III really didn't.

Jake2by4

Could anyone confirm whether there will be jetpacks or not. Because watching the trailer, there is no hint of them using one. Not a troll question, just curious. I am curious about this title. I hope they make a comeback.

It's in the trailer

Also anyone else notice this will be the first time we play as a Voiced Character in an IW Game? Assuming he talks during gameplay, I mean.

I'm no graphics whore by any means but that did really not look that good. And that's weird because the setting should have all the needed ingredients to make a fantastic trailer but... it didn't work for me. Also, the music did not fit at all.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
This looked worse than advanced warfare. Will just watch the campaign on youtube. Interested in playing cod4 though as loved the campaign. Hopefully out on PC.

Also anyone else notice this will be the first time we play as a Voiced Character in an IW Game? Assuming he talks during gameplay, I mean.

Its about time.
I think its why I actually like the Masons so much, he was talking and giving orders in BO1.

Troy Baker in AW was the worst, that disconnect is so stupid and jarring.

The worst is honestly the BF4 protagonist, the dude is the freaking squad leader but has no image and not a single line of dialog so you get ordered around by subordinates the entire game.

LOL So true it hurts!

lWPEi2Q.jpg

Jake2by4

Soooo does it still have all the wall jumping /running/climbing jetpacks and all that garbage?

Quote from gamestop take as you will

GEAR UP FOR INTENSE MULTIPLAYER - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will incorporate the popular chain-based movement system players know and love into an innovative multiplayer experience that rewards players more than ever before for utilizing their surroundings and applying strategy in the heat of the moment. Maps are designed to further leverage the chain-based movement system and immerse players into fast, fun, and frenetic gameplay that players have come to expect from Call of Duty. With its new approach to play, multiplayer will bring innovative gameplay that challenges players to achieve their goals in creative ways based on their specific play style.

BBboy20

Radio chatter emits through darkness.

HUD then appears in front of view.

Shuttle door opens to what appears to be a spaceship in a distance firing it's guns at all directions.

10 seconds, said pilot, then CO stats "Now fly...and may God be with you".

Avatar is propelled feet first towards the enemy dreadnought while seeing a cosmic battle that lays above/below/who knows before him/her, barely grasping at the beautiful yet knowingly murderous sight was the velocity rocks character's perspective

A firefight of lasers and other projectiles streak across the hull as what appears to be an ally team trying to stay on point. Secondary propulsion is activated to slow down landing and just as avatar thuds on the hull, time slows down as one of the enemy soldiers appears to be quick on his feet in noticing the space flanking but it may as well be too late as said avatar quickly pulls out what appears to be a rail gun as it revs up and then cut/...

...a magnetic blue streak shoots across the screen, creating the words Infinite Warfare while it's blue "embers" shape Call of Duty above it...then it rewinds all the way to the mere seconds of landing and then is glitched to what appears to be a rope landing of a tanker ship during bad weather on the shaky seas which then avatar pulls out a MP5SD3 and quickly guns down what appears to be Russian militia in the bridge.

CUT/ CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE REMASTERED

Pay me, Activision.

GravyButt

Quote from gamestop take as you will

GEAR UP FOR INTENSE MULTIPLAYER - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will incorporate the popular chain-based movement system players know and love into an innovative multiplayer experience that rewards players more than ever before for utilizing their surroundings and applying strategy in the heat of the moment. Maps are designed to further leverage the chain-based movement system and immerse players into fast, fun, and frenetic gameplay that players have come to expect from Call of Duty. With its new approach to play, multiplayer will bring innovative gameplay that challenges players to achieve their goals in creative ways based on their specific play style.
Thanks but ugh. So over that. Just want normal ground based stuff. Just my own personal preference though as some may love the jumping around. Just not a big fan myself.

butman

lol this is the inverse case of FF Type-0 + FF XV Duscae. Everyone want the remaster instead of the new game.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The new one doesn't look particularly good but the Modern Warfare remaster seems to have had a decent amount of effort put into. As tempted as I am to pre-order, I think I'm going to hold out for a remaster stand-alone release.

Ame

It was a sniper heaven. That's the only reason I could find for people to hate it.

That's the main reason I remember everyone hating that map. Although it was great for Search and Destroy.

They already confirmed Crash, Backlot and Crossfire. I hope the other 7 maps are Overgrown, Ambush, Vacant, Downpour, Pipeline, Countdown and Strike.

Thanks but ugh. So over that. Just want normal ground based stuff. Just my own personal preference though as some may love the jumping around. Just not a big fan myself.

Same. BO3 was the perfect limit of movement I like. AW is way too much. CoD4 Remaster and BF5 for me this year I think.

Top Bottom