• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare Reveal Trailer + MW footage

KJRS_1993

Wuh-oh

I don't actually get what this is??

It looks like to be an incentive to pre-order Infinite Warfare, you'll get some of the currency used to open the supply crates in Black Ops III.
They did something similar for if you preorder Ghosts, you got a camo in Black Ops II.

That being said, I'd put money on Infinite Warfare also using its own supply box system as well.

Call of Duty 4's opening was so good, a hell of a way to kick off a masterpiece.

"This is how it begins..."

PeriodicUnawareIberiannase.gif

Man, the game has not aged well at all.

Wuh-oh

You get CP to spent on supply drops in Blops 3 if you pre-order IW.

I wonder if IW will have supply drops as the only way to get new weapons as well. I think it will. All those Youtubers having to spent a shitton just to be the first to show off the new weapons.

Yeah fuck zombies... We're full to the brim with zombie everything as of last year. It was the perfect spot for them to really do a cool Extinction mode. I mean there in space for fucks sake. Ugh. Idk what the hell was up with that decision. Or a whole new mode with new space creatures or something.
Yea been saying this, every dev should do their own thing. Imagine if they would've done some space horror event horizon type mode, would've been awesome. But this is what happen when your community whines for zombies every single year.

E92 M3

Oh man, seeing that live during the E3 conference was awesome.

The great thing was that I had zero interest in CoD4 until launch when I bought it on impulse. Every bit of the campaign was a great surprise - especially the aforementioned mission.

shanafan

Wuh-oh

This is becoming more and more common in modern era games. Yes, you can unlock vanity items and weapons just by playing the game, but you can also buy credits to unlock that content faster. Battleborn, Overwatch etc all have these systems in place.

Just announced, Uncharted 4 will have Uncharted Points for the same thing.

It's not just an Activision thing ;)

Ah right rewarded in BO3, I just traded it in lol!

No way Activision don't implement this into IW I would go as far to say it could see it creep into the remake.

I'm positive the rest of the MW maps will be tied into the season pass, 3 IW maps 1 or 2 MW maps (not sure how many maps it has including the one map pack) and the obligatory Zombies map.

Wuh oh... But it is for opening random crates in BO3 which can give you random cosmetic items and camos.
And guns that they restrict to supply drops to keep players gambling with real money for them, that or diverting all of your gaming time into getting crypto keys to buy supply drops that can give you duplicate items.

Metfanant

Does anyone know if the Legacy Edition will be limited? I can't get a fucking answer from anyone!

highley doubt it...you can still get hardened editions (the Legacy edition seems to align with this) of most past CoD games right now...

The Legacy Pro edition might be harder to come by as those are retailer exclusive (Gamestop in the US, and Game in the UK i believe)...but im sure you will still be able to get them years from now...

I liked the part in All Ghillied Up where you crawled next to the other guy for like 10 minutes and had to let go of the left stick every once in a while when the guy told you to because a bad guy was walking by really close. I think that part will really shine in the remaster, the grass will look so real.

Seeing as they still have hardened editions of black ops 3 in stock maybe not.

No. There is another edition that could be more limited i.e. Legacy Pro.

There's Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe.

highley doubt it...you can still get hardened editions (the Legacy edition seems to align with this) of most past CoD games right now...

The Legacy Pro edition might be harder to come by as those are retailer exclusive (Gamestop in the US, and Game in the UK i believe)...but im sure you will still be able to get them years from now...
Thanks. My local BestBuy fucked up and their POS wasn't updated yesterday to include the Legacy Edition (the preorder kiosk didn't have either versions yet) so the only option I had was a ship to store, but that meant paying for it all up front. I won't be able to go back again until next Tuesday when I pick up Uncharted and I'd kick myself if I missed out on COD4R.

Metfanant

Thanks. My local BestBuy fucked up and their POS wasn't updated yesterday to include the Legacy Edition (the preorder kiosk didn't have either versions yet) so the only option I had was a ship to store, but that meant paying for it all up front. I won't be able to go back again until next Tuesday when I pick up Uncharted and I'd kick myself if I missed out on COD4R.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry at all...no way Activision is going to limit access to the remaster, that's just bad for business

Kalentan

I love how we've gotten to the point where... After all the years of complaints that people wanted CoD to change... We're now telling them, after only two games, to go back to being the same as they were before. I don't get people.

VariantX

And guns that they restrict to supply drops to keep players gambling with real money for them, that or diverting all of your gaming time into getting crypto keys to buy supply drops that can give you duplicate items.

Ive never been a fan of putting gameplay related stuff behind rng except in the case of when its a loot game. At least let people buy them outright at a higher price.

Bolivar687

Banned
I love how we've gotten to the point where... After all the years of complaints that people wanted CoD to change... We're now telling them, after only two games, to go back to being the same as they were before. I don't get people.

It's not counter-intuitive at all. Most calling for change were non-fans scraping the bottom of the barrel for critiques. Look how many posts cheering for IW are self-professed lapsed and non-fans who likely won't buy it anyway.

A lot of us were genuinely excited for Advanced Warfare - but does every game really need to be like that? It's a cyclical argument, because as much as this game promises bold changes, it looks exactly like Black Ops 3, down to the robots, the helmets the soldiers wear, and how similarly underwhelming the visuals are.

It looks like Activision took the wrong lessons from Ghosts and they'll take the wrong lessons again when this also fails and they close down the studio.

shanafan

I think you are fine next week. If anything, preorder from the website. They just do a temporary hold on funds, but you wouldn't be charged until it ships.

So on the UK playstation store they want imediate payment if you want to preorder in return for some Cod points and a theme. Never seen that on the store before and i'm not sure if I like it.

Why are people complaining about this? People act like CoD is dead now. The hyperbole is hilarious. It's like people are going out of their way to shit on IW. People look ridiculous.

Kalentan

It's not counter-intuitive at all. Most calling for change were non-fans scraping the bottom of the barrel for critiques. Look how many posts cheering for IW are self-professed lapsed and non-fans who likely won't buy it anyway.

A lot of us were genuinely excited for Advanced Warfare - but does every game really need to be like that? It's a cyclical argument, because as much as this game promises bold changes, it looks exactly like Black Ops 3, down to the robots, the helmets the soldiers wear, and how similarly underwhelming the visuals are.

It looks like Activision took the wrong lessons from Ghosts and they'll take the wrong lessons again when this also fails and they close down the studio.

Yes, it looks like a mesh of AW and BLOPS3, but if there is one difference I would say is that... Unlike Black Ops 3, I don't get the sense that this future is fucked. In Black Ops 3, there was always this sense of dread in this future, that the world sucks now. You get that sense from the first trailer and it's supplementary teaser material.

Yet, with IW, you almost get a sense that this future isn't that bad. Yes, war is now being declared, but it's still not a bad future. To me, that makes all the difference, because that can give off a much different feeling to Black Ops 3, despite it's similar art style. Hell, just the fact that the army you fight with in IW is seemingly multi-national, is also really nice.

Lastly you also don't appear to be in any "spec-ops" unit. Granted, you're still the main character and it IS going to be a power fantasy. I like that we're going back to being just a good soldier in the army.

Also, we're going to space! We can dogfights in space! That is fucking awesome. I love space, cause it gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, humanity, in real life, can also get to that point.

Hope that explains myself.

Does this all mean that they recognize they have left a lot of people behind in recent years, and while they are still making obscene money, they want to appease the old timers?

ocean

Banned
Does this all mean that they recognize they have left a lot of people behind in recent years, and while they are still making obscene money, they want to appease the old timers?
It means their analysts project a new+old game at US$90 will yield better profit than selling just one or the other or selling them both at full price.

Yeah this game isn't going to fail at all, it will sell millions just like all the other cods. Even Ghosts was profitable, and this will have supply drops so even if it doesn't sell as much as Black ops 3 there is no way in hell Infinite Warfare is going to fail and Infinity Ward are going nowhere.

Prediction: Infinite Warfare will still be the best selling game of the year, guaranteed. Even the dissenters will probably try this one out at some point.

Bolivar687

Banned

Activision doing everything within their power to sell this game and get the studio back on track, bundling in MWR is just one more part of that.

In the Polygon feature about Advanced Warfare, Activision appareently went into crisis mode after the critical reception and sales decline in Ghosts. The studio head took an early retirement, they replaced him with a senior Activision producer, and went on a hiring spree, including the two guys from Naughty Dog and the multiplayer designer from the original Modern Warfare games. IW designed Ghosts to start a new sub series, so presumably Activision forced them to cancel that and work on something more in line with the other teams. It's not a surprise this looks so much like Black OPS 3 and the reveal stream had the MP team insisting how they play Black Ops 3 everyday and they've learned from its map design. Which is scary because 3arc and IW maps have always been polar opposites.

Yeah this game isn't going to fail at all, it will sell millions just like all the other cods. Even Ghosts was profitable, and this will have supply drops so even if it doesn't sell as much as Black ops 3 there is no way in hell Infinite Warfare is going to fail and Infinity Ward are going nowhere.

Prediction: Infinite Warfare will still be the best selling game of the year, guaranteed. Even the dissenters will probably try this one out at some point.

See above. Activision has already taken drastic measures with the studio for their first failure, I don't see them doing nothing if this is another sub-80 metascore and sells less than BO3/AW.

Why are people complaining about this? People act like CoD is dead now. The hyperbole is hilarious. It's like people are going out of their way to shit on IW. People look ridiculous.

Yeah I never get the COD hate, it's all a bit silly really. It's not like they are even bad games, quite the opposite in fact. I get some people are not into COD but seems people just like to jump on the bandwagon.

The COD is dead thing is very funny because with IW coming with a remastered Modern Warfare (possibly the most popular COD ever) it will probably sell even more copies.

Activision doing everything within their power to sell this game and get the studio back on track, bundling in MWR is just one more part of that.

In the Polygon feature about Advanced Warfare, Activision appareently went into crisis mode after the critical reception and sales decline in Ghosts. The studio head took an early retirement, they replaced him with a senior Activision producer, and went on a hiring spree, including the two guys from Naughty Dog and the multiplayer designer from the original Modern Warfare games. IW designed Ghosts to start a new sub series, so presumably Activision forced them to cancel that and work on something more in line with the other teams. It's not a surprise this looks so much like Black OPS 3 and the reveal stream had the MP team insisting how they play Black Ops 3 everyday and they've learned from its map design. Which is scary because 3arc and IW maps have always been polar opposites.

See above. Activision has already taken drastic measures with the studio for their first failure, I don't see them doing nothing if this is another sub-80 metascore and sells less than BO3/AW.

Of course it sells less and the panic mode is kinda funny given their reaction, but with the supply drop system and not to mention the game will sell more than any of game this year (because call of duty) there is no way it will fail, and this still feels like the result of the mass exodus from Infinity Ward after MW2. Not to mention when Neversoft was merged with Infinity Ward you have a whole new team who never worked on a main installment to the degree. Ghosts ending up like it did is not surprising.

Top Bottom