• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

Feorax

Wow at the poor and misinformed attempts to shit on people's excitement in this thread...

On topic, there's far too much smoke now for there not to be fire. SOMETHING is definitely going on with the Crash IP and Sony.

Flumpeh

Neo Member
The trademarks by Activision may still be in place.

The acquisition may not have happened officially yet, but be happening or just happened.

The fact that Activision have removed so much Crash related stuff recently is at least telling of something. More so for a company like that that sponge every bit of money they possibly can.

Have faith!

level44

More garbage platformers that are not fun to play! HYPE!!

This isn't Mario. You're in the wrong thread.

hqdefault.jpg

Ducktail

When I first read this I got excited about it, as the original game must have been one of the first that I played on my PS back in the days and I used to LOVE it. All of them.

Then I went to youtube to watch some gameplay footage.... and I'm not entirely convinced this would work nowadays. It was too linear and the not very exciting level design. Maybe it's just nostalgia?

Or maybe it could work along the lines of Rayman Legends.

Yazuka

I hope it turns out to be something good, because some people in this thread are getting really hyped. Hope you don't end up disappointed.

Like one or two others have said - could be BEND is making a new Crash game.

Apparently their new game is associated with the word 'Panic'. That's very fitting for the majority of the stages in classic Crash Bandicoot entries.

Nobody should want Naughty Dog to do this and by all accounts, they aren't. So which Sony studio would even be capable of creating this game?

I said earlier:

Didn't Bluepoint Games mentioned in one of their job offers that their working on bringing back a Playstation classic?

Also, Sanzaru games could make it too. They've done a good job with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time.

MOPP 4

Banned
HD remaster of original trilogy for PS4/Vita cross-buy.

Coming up at That video award show or the EU launch.

Edit: Uga Booga Edition comes with CTR HD Remix

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Will anyone actually care in the end?
They brought back Twisted Metal and it was actually a fantastic game on PS3 and hardly anyone bought it.
Same with Sly Cooper.

People care a lot about these characters in their minds and memories but don't actually buy games involving them.
Actually Twisted Metal sold fairly well.

Let us pray.

Oh lord, may the mighty hand of Sony claim back what is rightfully theirs, keeping the wretched claws of unholy activision off of their precious bandicoot.

If Crash returns, declare today Sony Day.

amen

Hey guys quick question. When they played the Crash theme song at the beginning of the Playstation Event back in February did they have to give Activision royalties??

SykoTech

Does anyone really want a new crash game? The old ones were great, sure. But it's pretty much the kind of franchise that can't work today unless the gameplay is dumbed down and the art style is made terrible. Would score about as well as Knack.

1. Yes, obviously.
2. What you said about the gameplay and art style makes no sense. The right developer could pull off both better than ever on the PS4.
3. Good thing I don't let review scores dictate what I like then.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Will anyone actually care in the end?
They brought back Twisted Metal and it was actually a fantastic game on PS3 and hardly anyone bought it.
Same with Sly Cooper.

People care a lot about these characters in their minds and memories but don't actually buy games involving them.

No offense to Twisted Metal and Sly Cooper, but neither of those are anywhere close to the popularity of Crash Bandicoot. Crash was THE franchise for the PS1. Despite the fact the series hasn't been seen in a long time, Crash is one of those videogame characters that's instantly recognisable to the masses. Like Sonic or Lara Croft. A good Crash reboot exclusively for PlayStation would get a hell of a lot more hype, buzz and interest than something like Twisted Metal or Sly.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I must remain calm and not care about this, it's nothing relevant, it's not what you really want, relax Marco.
I must remain calm and not care about this, it's nothing relevant, it's not what you really want, relax Marco.

GolazoDan

When I first read this I got excited about it, as the original game must have been one of the first that I played on my PS back in the days and I used to LOVE it. All of them.

Then I went to youtube to watch some gameplay footage.... and I'm not entirely convinced this would work nowadays. It was too linear and the not very exciting level design. Maybe it's just nostalgia?

Or maybe it could work along the lines of Rayman Legends.
Crash 1's very basic, Crash 2 and Crash 3 messed around a bit more. Still essentially running down a corridor for the most part (apart from those flying levels in 3, I think) but eh, you can work something out.

Uncharted's basically filled with Crash Bandicoot being chased by a giant snowball anyway.

oSoLucky

There are definitely IPs that I would rather see Sony do something with than Crash. It could be good for them to revive the mascot of Sony though, since there hasn't really been a face to the company for a while. Kratos and Drake just aren't family-friendly enough to fit the bill.

ignaciogc

I didn't play Crash when it came out, so my reaction to this is a bit "meh".
My question is: Even if Sony does buy back the IP, and suppose Naughty Dog were to develop a new Crash game, would it really succeed?

Based on the reaction in here, it seems like a really big deal, but is Crash really that well known for it to sell a few million copies? I am in my early 30s, which is the perfect age for this news to hit a nostalgic spot, and it didn't... so even if they bring it back, it may not do well at all. Would enough people actually care outside of hard core gamers?

KOMANI

KOMANI
since kevin butler is no longer with Sony, Sony needs an new instigator. It's time for Crash to head over to Microsoft, and stir some shit up.

Zalman

No offense to Twisted Metal and Sly Cooper, but neither of those are anywhere close to the popularity of Crash Bandicoot. Crash was THE franchise for the PS1. Despite the fact the series hasn't been seen in a long time, Crash is one of those videogame characters that's instantly recognisable to the masses. Like Sonic or Lara Croft. A good Crash reboot exclusively for PlayStation would get a hell of a lot more hype, buzz and interest than something like Twisted Metal or Sly.
As much as I love Sly Cooper, I agree. Heck, someone I just met a few months ago talked about Crash Bandicoot recently and he isn't even a hardcore gamer. People would be all over this.

nullset2

I was just thinking about how I kinda miss Crash platformers, and how I'd love to play a well designed Crash for PS3. So I wonder if this is really happening...

Top Bottom