• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official ESPN NBA League Thread (Please read carefully!)

Cloudy

Banned
Matrix and DM should have hooked up a 3 team trade cos right now, Matrix has only 3 guards and they are all points. It was funny watching Hinrich trying to guard Kobe :D

Ramirez

Bob check your trades...

I offered Corless Williamson and Slava Medvedenko for Bobby Jackson and some scrub center,I noticed you didn't really have a good SF,and I really need a PG.

Cloudy

Banned
Ramirez: If Delonte West works out for me in Week 2, I'll trade you Ward for pretty much any non-guard cos I won't be needing him :p

Ramirez

Aight,I'd rather have Bobby Jackson though :p

And if that isn't what you want Bob,tell me what you want and I'll pretty much give up anyone but AI.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The thing is if I didnt do the trade I wouldnt be playing with the Rockets *cheesy ass version* I would have been stuck with the Magic,who imo are no better than this version of the Rockets that I have.

Would I have done this trade if DM hadnt picked the Rockets first...hell f-ing no.I chose to get rid of Tmac cause I would rather go down losing with my home team than lose with some shitty ass team like the Magic.

In the longrun I expected this trade to hurt me bigtime....I just didnt expect the autosub shit to screw me over so much,thankfully we dont have to play that way anymore.

You guys can laugh it up all you want,doesnt bother me at all.I know what I got myself into and Kirk will come around...you all watch :p

Cloudy

Banned
Tru and Bish: Tonight is the deadline and Bish gets the win if you don't play. It'd be nice if you guys could get it in early tonight so others can get games in too.

PS: Mally, I can play tonight. I hope you don't blow me out again :lol

Fifty

Truelize, if for any reason you're struck by the power of the gaming gods, and can play two games tonight...I'd love to get our game out of the way, since the weekends aren't good. I can play pretty much any time past 11 EST. All night, all right.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Konex whenever you want to play man.... this should be a good game, I was reading the moves that the front office made over the past couple days, should be a tough one for my International team....

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
bishoptl said:
Truelize, I'll be on Xbox Live at 8:30 pm PST sharp. See you then.

Hey Bish, I just got home and I'm ready to go. 9:11 PST. Let me know.

And Fifty, that would work just fine man. I can play both tonight if Bish and I can get this done.

ill give you haslem and a secondary player konex. you know the two players who are off limits

p.s. another dominating performance by the diesel. gg matrix, but i think your team is undermanned :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I cant even compete without a SG....this Rockets team is horrid without Tmac :D

Kirk is a turnover machine and not one guy on the team can hit an outside shot.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Ugh...what a BULLSHIT game. None of my shots would go in the 2nd half. NONE. Fucking Iverson.

My throat hurts from yelling at the tv. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gee I hope you don't all play "cheap" defense.
Cheap defense = contolling your pg or centre and letting the computer play defense against the ballhandler while you run around and manually double-team.

Note: I just got killed by Fifty. But unfortunatly he never actually guarded me, so really I played against the computer and got scored on by Fifty. :eek:(

Fifty

Truelize said:
Cheap defense = contolling your pg or centre and letting the computer play defense against the ballhandler while you run around and manually double-team.

Note: I just got killed by Fifty. But unfortunatly he never actually guarded me, so really I played against the computer and got scored on by Fifty. :eek:(

Stupid defense = not doubling Peja till the fourth. I covered your PG manually for most of the game. When I doubled, there was a guy open.

Oh, and at least I was consistant. I covered your PG a ton of times. Just because I didn't cover the ball handler EVERY TIME and get burnt like a fool, that doesn't make me "cheap" Whatever, I've been bitter before.

Cloudy

Banned
Truelize said:

Thanks, I'll try that. Everyone is blowing by me with their PGs. I'll control Kobe all game and test it out :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Stupid defense = not doubling Peja till the fourth. I covered your PG manually for most of the game. When I doubled, there was a guy open.

Peja is just that good man. You killed me with him. I started doubling him in the second. LoL.
And there might have been a guy open but there is no basketball game in the world that will actually let you pass to the open man, it always gets passed right into the crowd of players.
But what you did is you would leave my pg alone and double Ginobli even when he didn't have the ball. That was unfun. Exploiting the issues with the game. Doesn't matter. I played a similar way throughtout the second half but I didn't really enjoy it. That's all.

It's how every game of online basketball I've ever played has gone. Set defensive pressure to tight. Let the computer guard the biggest offense threat on the other team. Use your pg to manually double team. Create lots of turnovers due to this strategy and then get open shots off the fastbreak. Take 35+ shots with our best player, even if it takes 5 or more passes to get him the ball. :D

"I love this game" LoL.

I aint mad at yah. But it's the truth. I probably wont win a single game in this league cause I hate playing like that.

Ramirez

You gotta admit tho Bish,that fuckin hop step was way too effective for you in the 1st half =\

True speaks the truth,not at least trying to manually guard the ballhandler a few times is weak.We had this problem last year too though,its all Sega's fault with the lack of a defensive stance button,fucking morons.

Fifty

I used icon passing almost every time down the court. I hardly ever saw you use it, or get the ball to Duncan anyway you could. Duncan only took 9 shots, and he made 6 of them. Sure I got ahead early, but you went away from him. You might have doubled Peja in the 2nd, but you only went into the matchup screen in the fourth. I don't want to argue about this..

edit

But what you did is you would leave my pg alone and double Ginobli even when he didn't have the ball. That was unfun.
I never doubled Ginobi because he was Ginobili. I knew Parker was a threat so I tried to say on him. At the end, when Barry was shooting crazy 3's, I might have gone after one of those white guys just to be safe

It's how every game of online basketball I've ever played has gone. Set defensive pressure to tight.

I didn't set defensive pressure to tight

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Don't worry Fifty I'm not mad at yah or anything. You kicked my butt. And I could not figure out, One: what you were doing on offense, or Two: how you were defending me.

You whupped me fair and square, I'm not whining. I just haven't really figured out how to play this game well yet. At least not as well as you just did.

I also have not played with the Spurs yet in this game at all. And I have no clue how to use big men in this game. I don't know what Duncans range is or how to make a move to the hoop. And here you are freakin dunking on me and everything. Man I couldn't even get a lay-up against you.

Matrix

Ummmm I will be the first 0-16 guy in this league....that will be my reward for not having Tmac and I wont let you have that!!!!!!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't know man. If you go 0-16, I'm gonna go 1-15 and my only win will be against you. LoL.
Ginobli is kinda useless in this game. That or I still have no clue how to use 2 guards. I just played a guy that used the Rockets. He only scored 48 points with Tmac. Ugh.
And he set the defense to tight with all players and constant double team. Just like I like it. So I just called him names the whole second half. The best part was he barely beat me.

Fifty

Truelize said:
Don't worry Fifty I'm not mad at yah or anything. You kicked my butt. And I could not figure out, One: what you were doing on offense, or Two: how you were defending me.

You whupped me fair and square, I'm not whining. I just haven't really figured out how to play this game well yet. At least not as well as you just did.

I also have not played with the Spurs yet in this game at all. And I have no clue how to use big men in this game. I don't know what Duncans range is or how to make a move to the hoop. And here you are freakin dunking on me and everything. Man I couldn't even get a lay-up against you.

Alright...No hard feelings. I just got defensive (obviously) after you called it cheap. It's behind us now.

i think just about everyone i've played has run double teams a lot. it's not cheap, it makes for easy victories. take a look at my tourney/league games. just find the open man.

i'll admit i dont cover the ball handler straight up man to man, but that is because i play zone 90% of the game. i DO NOT ever double team though (unless someone comes deep into the zone, the D will converge, thats not a double team). I always pick the zone, then pick the player i will be in that zone, and cover the zone i'm assigned to play. i understand why some people might call the cpu + player double teams cheap, but infact it only makes for easier buckets. try it and you will see friends :D

Fifty

I just want to state a few complaints about the online coding (or whatever it is)

- Both players can see the icons in icon passing

(big one - Both players can see the playcalling popup menu

Uh...Ok, I think that's it, but they're both annoying, and very sloppy on VC's part.

Matrix

Yea I think thats one of the reasons why there are sooooo many turnovers Fifty...plus the computer AI likes to slap balls away a little too much.

BTW thanks to Konex,I now have a shooting guard...the wonderful and amazing Kareem Rush :lol I'm going to win 14 straight...fear me!

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
Yah, I shored up my interior D and got deeper at the point. Hope it works out :D

Shaquille O'Neal (C)
40 Points
7 Assists
8 Rebounds

Dwyane Wade (PG)
21 Points
13 Assists

*whistles*

Ramirez

The 1-3-1 is almost unstoppable,especially with how well the CPU smacks the ball away on passes,I don't think I'll use it anymore =\

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Ramirez said:
The 1-3-1 is almost unstoppable,especially with how well the CPU smacks the ball away on passes,I don't think I'll use it anymore =\
oh yeah, NOW you say that after kicking my ass. :(

Ramirez

I had no choice man,you were just running around like a chicken with its head cut off then doin the spin hop step for either a dunk or easy lay up everytime,heh :p

Fifty

BREAKING NEWS!

SHOCKER******

http://leagues.espnvideogames.com/t/injuries.php?l=44358

Vince Carter (SG) Sacramento Broken Finger 21 Games

HAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAAHAHAHA

vince118.jpg

Mrbob

DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

This trade sucks. Give me Peja back lol!

Vince.

:(

TIME FOR THE REST OF THE TEAM TO STEP IT UP.

Matrix

This game really does play like the real NBA :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom