• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

SickBoy

Also, that's the second championship game you've squeaked out on me (one of the Madden tourneys way back when...) Damn you... I've yet to beat the Niners although I let this one slip away huge.

yeah, not to rub it in but you had this game in the bag. although i didn't throw any INT's, i wasn't exactly lighting it up with alex. thank god for my running game... without it i get blown out by 20+

p.s. sickboy are you rolling w/ the chargers again in the next season?

SickBoy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah, not to rub it in but you had this game in the bag. although i didn't throw any INT's, i wasn't exactly lighting it up with alex. thank god for my running game... without it i get blown out by 20+

p.s. sickboy are you rolling w/ the chargers again in the next season?

EDIT: I also thought you were going to roll me early in the first... your line was playing great, and your D-line too.

For next year, if the Chargers are available, I'll stick with them...

Finally, now that the championship is out of the way, the Chargers showed they could play with the big boy, and all that jazz, I would like to predict a mediocre season 3 for myself.

I would also like to crow a little about this season and the Chargers' ne'er to be repeated defensive power.

I'm not a big trash talker in-season, because I'd rather put up than get shut up, but if anyone hasn't noticed, the Chargers led the league in the following defensive categories:

Passing yards allowed
Rushing yards allowed
Points allowed

Only one blowout loss, and while I didn't win this game against FMT, I definitely redeemed myself for letting him hammer me earlier in the year.

Sure I didn't win a free game from FMT (and I would have felt a little bad had I, given that he was on the bad end of of our lag troubles more than I was), but I'm damn proud of pulling off the sort of defense I did through the season, making it all the way and going 11-5 too (especially given San Diego's mediocre real-life secondary). If you'd asked me at the beginning of the year how I'd do, I'd have said 6-10, which is why my sights were set so low.

I mentioned it at the beginning of the year, but I hadn't played Madden '06 (and I skipped '05) online since a few days before our league started. I've got one game in addition to my preseason.

Also, I move that for Season 3, FMT gets a third-party controller of our choosing. His field goal skills are sick.

SICKBOY AM AWESOME

no doubt sickboy, you are a top notch player. probably one of the more creative run defenses that i've seen, fun to play against.

p.s. the controller won't help! joe nedney is a stone cold killer, just like in real life. look at that gorgeous stat-line! 35/35 counting the playoffs for the nedster... definitely my mvp :D

Zep

Banned
Just to give ya'll an early preview of me in madden 07'.

CAR_witherspoon_59186.jpg

+

9vike0810w.l.jpg

+

bulger49ers.jpg

+

2_39811.jpg

=

Madden 2007 champ

Top Bottom