• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

This is the new thread for season 2 of madden. use this thread to do the following:

1. ask questions
2. schedule matchups
3. gloat about winning
4. whine about losing and say you quit the league
5. enjoy

Remember fellas: the superbowl winner gets a free game of his (or her if your gf plays for you) choice (whatever the game/system maybe!) on me! so remember to put your best foot forward, and let jgar guide you to victory

Rorschach

1 #18 WR Moss, Randy(Oakland Raiders) 15 321 21.4 4 111 61
2 #83 TE Anderson, Courtney(Oakland Raiders) 11 193 17.5 2 101 54

A look into the future, curteousy of pre-season stats.

Jordan would be #1 if he could stay in the game :(

:lol @ FMT's edited list

Andokuky

Banned
Game was lagtastic, don't know wtf was up with that. Bell had 11 yards a carry, I guess the lag was affecting your tackling as much as it was mine :lol

Hey my brother was wondering why he only has 1 preseason game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll be picking up my game tomorrow fellas. Then we can all play. You'll have a slight advantage since I haven't played PS2 Madden since E3!

What sucks is the lack of a good headset for PS2. I would love to help out Hitokage, but there's no good way of in-game communication.

Sinistar

ok sorry i havent been very active in this i do intend on participating its jus im on my honey moon and didnt bring my ps2 with me haha ill be home monday....and ready for the kick off of the regualar season....also does any one know if there any problem getting online with a "backup" of madden 06... if so ill purchase one heh and can any one recomend a good usb headset? I've never been able to find one in stores that i liked.

Rorschach

GG, Wasabi. Collins was in full form tonight. 4 INTs 2 of which were in the redzone :|

MiG wanted me to share his asswhoopin' with you guys.

mig1.jpg

mig2.jpg

mig3.jpg

02:18:20) HA wakubo: haha you had 31 passing yards?
(02:18:45) molina118: :|
(02:18:52) HA wakubo: how many of those were carr?
(02:18:56) molina118: like 4

:lol :D

SickBoy

Note to everyone on my preseason sched. I PM'd this info to Archaix, but my schedule is tight this week.

My availability: Early this afternoon today: (about 2-4 ET); Late late tonight (about 3:30-5:00 a.m. ET).

Tomorrow is similar, but probably a bit earlier in the afternoon and at night (I'm guessing I might have a window for a game somewhere around 1:00 or 1:30 a.m. ET late-night Friday and I'll probably be available until about 5 again.).

Weekend is spotty, because I have major commitments on Saturday, a lot of work to do around the house Sunday, and somewhere in between it all, I've gotta find time to watch some football. Also, until I find what I need to string my broadband connection to the bedroom, I have to hook up my PS2 through my PC, which isn't a big deal, but is weird.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I get my game tonight (hopefully) so whoever wants some practice games, or whoever wants to fill in their pre-season requirements, I am down.

SickBoy

Anyone available for a preseason game (preferably someone on my sched -- Houston, Pitt or Dallas)? I should be about up and running now..

If none of those teams are available, I'm game for any random opponent. Need to ensure my connection works and that I still have some semblance of skill :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SickBoy said:
Anyone available for a preseason game (preferably someone on my sched -- Houston, Pitt or Dallas)? I should be about up and running now..

If none of those teams are available, I'm game for any random opponent. Need to ensure my connection works and that I still have some semblance of skill :)

Don't know if you're still around, but I'm available.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Also, as a result of a thinly veiled attempt at keeping me rusty for the season, I was scheduled for only one preseason game. Your clever tricks shall have no effect on me!

SickBoy

I'm SickBoyga (or SickBoyGa). I'm going on right now. Can't be connected to both at once... damn low-tech home.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Official word of warning: I am apparently very bad. Which means my friends, whom I crush regularly, are all absolutely horrible.

SickBoy

It's an interesting thing playing online. I got smoked by some guy using Seachickens earlier. I don't know if this bodes well or not. Good game, though. Could have hit OT if a certain wide-open pass had been completed....

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
SickBoy said:
It's an interesting thing playing online. I got smoked by some guy using Seachickens earlier. I don't know if this bodes well or not. Good game, though. Could have hit OT if a certain wide-open pass had been completed....

Or if I'd run the ball more than six times. I don't know whether that was the league settings or not, but 4 minute quarters are really short.

Rorschach

Archaix said:
Or if I'd run the ball more than six times. I don't know whether that was the league settings or not, but 4 minute quarters are really short.
League settings = 5 min quarters, unranked, all-pro

Not running with the steelers =
bill_cowher_240x200.jpg

wtf

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Rorschach said:
League settings = 5 min quarters, unranked, all-pro

Not running with the steelers = wtf

Ah. We played a ranked game, so 4 minute quarters with all-pro difficulty.

I ran with the Steelers, and then all of a sudden it was the third quarter. I was soon down 14-0, and passed a whole lot in the second half. I didn't have the ball much at all before I was down by two scores.

SickBoy

BTW, you didn't have to burn those timeouts so early. I'm a big believer in short clock games of not running down clock until around the two-minute warning. I think it's cheap to run down a four or five minute clock just because you can. In fact, I was going to play 'regular' on my last possession, but then I wound up with the first down...

you don't have to play ALL you preseason games if you dont want to guys. preseason is really only for getting used to entering stats, and the gameplay settings you'll be using, etc. if you can't get in all your preseason games don't worry

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you don't have to play ALL you preseason games if you dont want to guys. preseason is really only for getting used to entering stats, and the gameplay settings you'll be using, etc. if you can't get in all your preseason games don't worry
I've played all 4 of my games :D '

I'm kinda worried that 7 teams haven't played 1 game, pats aren't registered, mrbob hasn't bought madden yet, and only 8 people have even posted in this thread :p

SickBoy

I echo Rorschach's concerns, although I think there should be a touch more work done in making this thread known... I didn't know about it until he mentioned it :)

I'm a little leery of some participants' ability or willingness to play. My work schedule is a pain in the ass and I'm often quite busy outside of work as well (this week is particularly bad), but I'll be doing everything I can within the limits of that schedule and while keeping my marriage an acceptably happy place to be to accommodate other players (like making my availability well known as I've done for today and tomorrow -- I realize they're small windows, but at least publicizing schedules will help people plan ahead) I hope others are going to offer the same kind of effort. -- if anyone's up for a game tonight around 4:00 a.m. ET, let me know :).

In addition, I'm wondering if someone can offer a URL or listing of full league rules. I'm not sure where to find them.

Plus, anyone know of an easy-to-use, hopefully fast and free video editor? Since I was hooked up through my computer anyhow, I recorded my game vs. Archaix. Wouldn't mind posting some highlights (mine and his), but I don't want to deal with the hassle of transferring the vid to my iBook, importing it (which I presume would take several hours) just to cut out a few 10 second plays into a highlight reel of sorts...

i will post all the rules before monday.

the league MAY start monday, but i realize some people haven't seen this thread and thus haven't played their preseason game. if some of the people haven't played within the next few days, im going to cut the league down in size. remember chums, a smaller league with all reliable players is better than a league full of flakers.

more info to come soon!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wellington said:
Just came home with my game, if anyone wants a practice let me know.

Apparently I'm no good at faking anger, so I was scheduled for a couple more games. If you want to get our preseason game in tonight, let me know.

My AIM SN is kccpsu140 if you want to set up a time to play. The same goes for Hitokage, if you happen to read this.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As I just let Hito and Wasabi know online, my schedule is a little muffed up right now since I'm busy courting a girl, and it's going well. Early Saturday, and kinda late Saturday night, and almost all day Sunday would work for me.

I am good about playing all of my games though, as the fellas from the XBL league know!

Rorschach

WasabiKing said:
gah, ok, let's do this: Wellington - early saturday, andokuky after him... doodoobird, get your stuff together!
AFAIK, Birddoodoo isn't registered on the forums, but his aim name is TheGr8Matheson. He's Ando's brother (?).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Early Saturday sched means that the game has to end by 2 PM ET, I need to be somewhere at 3. :|

I'll clear the calendar for Sunday... you know, since Coughlin can't coach!

SickBoy

Alright, so here are the highlights from the Pittsburgh/San Diego preseason tilt:

Antonio Gates get the Chargers into scoring position with a nice catch-and-run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=SXea-PNen2Q

Same drive, Gates makes another catch -- this one worth six points.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=rihgEwWaT_A

Tomlison rips off a big run to put the Chargers into Pittsburgh territory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=hzgwyxVA-zw

Tomlinson catches a last-second pass, which ultimately sets up a Lorenzo Neal score to make it 14-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=H-3coFruHVM

The Steelers catch the Chargers with this huge pass play to make the game 14-7
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=jiHz2_8dplk

On the ensuing kickoff, Darren Sproles nearly gives the ball right back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=HY-OcUwZQic

The Steelers watch their hopes flutter to the ground as an open receiver can't grab Roethlisberger's pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=A8g5c_FRZAc

cubanb

Banned
My weekend schedule is spotty at best, at this point I dont know if I have to work the weekend, but I dont think I will. Otherwise, late at night pacific is when I can get a game in (9-12ish)

Wellington said:
Early Saturday sched means that the game has to end by 2 PM ET, I need to be somewhere at 3. :|

I'll clear the calendar for Sunday... you know, since Coughlin can't coach!

Alright, I'll find you in IRC. It's a lock, baby! I'll try to get you by 11am or 12pm ET. I'll wake up early for a challenge! I need to see how good I really am.

Andokuky

Banned
I can play any time within the next couple hours or any time tomorrow night unless Denver loses to NE, in which case I'll be jumping off a bridge.

jump off that bridge! GO RAIDERS!

All day Sunday is best, poker game tomorrow night, getting drunk tonight, and as of this posting, still at work. :(

Top Bottom