• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Miguel

Tonight around midnight Central Time, I'll be available to play any game on my preseason schedule. I've got my DSL set up, again, and will be ready to go. BRING IT! :)

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
Alright, so here are the highlights from the Pittsburgh/San Diego preseason tilt:

Antonio Gates get the Chargers into scoring position with a nice catch-and-run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=SXea-PNen2Q

Same drive, Gates makes another catch -- this one worth six points.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=rihgEwWaT_A

Tomlison rips off a big run to put the Chargers into Pittsburgh territory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=hzgwyxVA-zw

Tomlinson catches a last-second pass, which ultimately sets up a Lorenzo Neal score to make it 14-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=H-3coFruHVM

The Steelers catch the Chargers with this huge pass play to make the game 14-7
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=jiHz2_8dplk

On the ensuing kickoff, Darren Sproles nearly gives the ball right back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=HY-OcUwZQic

The Steelers watch their hopes flutter to the ground as an open receiver can't grab Roethlisberger's pass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=A8g5c_FRZAc

Cool.

SickBoy

Miguel said:
Tonight around midnight Central Time, I'll be available to play any game on my preseason schedule. I've got my DSL set up, again, and will be ready to go. BRING IT! :)

I presume you're the Texans. If you're around in the next little while, I'll play my game against you...

Andokuky said:
I'm gonna try to beat you by 60 now, that's even worse than a KC Queefs fan.

I won't be using the Raiders since Rors has them, but don't worry, one day we will get an exhibition game and you'll be mystified. Norv never answered my calls all season, look where it got him.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shit, I didn't think FMT was one of my opponents for pre-season. I forgot to enter stats! :(

Playing wasabi now, if anyone wants a game after that I am down.

SickBoy

You contact him via the forum :)

Unfortunately, my schedule until late tonight is tough. I've just got a few minutes right now (not enough for a game) and then I'm busy probably till around 2 a.m. ET. My wife and I have been working exact opposite schedules for the last two weeks, so I'm at her beck and call today.

Also, if it's essential for league business, I'll install AIM. I do have MSN currently, so if that works for most, let me know...

Miguel

Sickboy, we can try to get our game in when you get a chance tonight. I won't be home til midnight again. Let me know when you're ready. Preferably through email, as it seems you don't have AIM.

mmolinajr@gmail.com

Gmail Notifier will let me know when I get an email.

Miguel

Sickboy, I'll be on madden online, so just send me an invite when you get online. If I don't respond quickly, just gimme a few minutes, probably went to take a piss or something.

My madden nick is migmigmig8

Miguel

Cousin David sux :(
Cousin Davis on the other hand did much better than most of my practice games against rors. :|

SickBoy

Yeah, tough game for you, marching a lot but the turnovers... I'm still playing through my PC, so if I have a chance to whip up highlights I will...

Miguel

SickBoy said:
Yeah, tough game for you, marching a lot but the turnovers... I'm still playing through my PC, so if I have a chance to whip up highlights I will...

Go for it. I want to see where I f'd up :(

Were all 3 INTs in the redzone?

cubanb

Banned
Hey DMczaf, I can play immediatley after the colts game or if thats not good for you I can play from 6-8 or 1030ish to midnight PST.

Miguel

I get the feeling Mrbob will be flaking out as usual.

molina118: hey flake
molina118: get madden yet?
mrbob2k1: fluke
mrbob2k1: no
mrbob2k1: tommorrow
mrbob2k1: err
mrbob2k1: today
mrbob2k1: if i don't get it on sale
mrbob2k1: gotta buy it for 40 :-(
mrbob2k1: for shitty ps2 game
mrbob2k1: ugh

Andokuky

Banned
Rams you're my last preseason opponent, when you wanna play?

I'm on AIM, AndoSD is my account name, if you wanna message me when you read this.

SickBoy

OK. I'll get back to you soon. Chances are between 10 and 11 on the nose will work best. I'll post here after the visiting family goes home and I can confer with the wife.... damn family commitments :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SickBoy said:
OK. I'll get back to you soon. Chances are between 10 and 11 on the nose will work best. I'll post here after the visiting family goes home and I can confer with the wife.... damn family commitments :)

That's why I am single and lovin' it. :)

Or was until earlier today. :(

SickBoy

How does 10:15 sound? Wife just decided to play a couple of songs on Taiko Drum Master, but that should just take a few minutes....

EDIT: If so, I'll hop online as soon as she's done... I'm SickBoyGa

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
10:15 it is.

Rest assured, I will put more than 7 points on the board, unlike your last two opponents!

Fucking DM wants to play me now, can we push it back to like 10:30!?

Fucking can't connect to DM. Keep it 10:15

SickBoy

And forget 10:15. If you're ready now, I'm going to bring my PS2 back in to where my modem is and get it going right now. :) 5 minutes I should be up and running.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SickBoy said:
And forget 10:15. If you're ready now, I'm going to bring my PS2 back in to where my modem is and get it going right now. :) 5 minutes I should be up and running.

Okay, I can play now. What is your EA nick?

And our last Madden 04 game was a result of the chargers being horrible.

cubanb

Banned
I got an hour or so to kill until tivo starts taping 24. anyone wanna get a preseason game in?
aim name is ucsbsean

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man I cannot believe the fucking badluck I had in that game. Same shit won't happen again in the regular season. GG.

SickBoy

Wellington said:
Man I cannot believe the fucking badluck I had in that game. Same shit won't happen again in the regular season. GG.

Yeah, you had brutal luck. Good thing for me, though, cause I sure wasn't playing defense as well as I'd have liked to (never mind my brutal -- outside of Tomlinson -- offense).

(I'm gonna have to look at your out routes... a couple of brutal plays where I saw them coming, and saw the corners just stand there and give your guys their patterns...)

I am still handcuffed to the PC, so there will be highlights eventually... I'd much rather play using a TV, though, so no one expect this in regular season...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SickBoy said:
Yeah, you had brutal luck. Good thing for me, though, cause I sure wasn't playing defense as well as I'd have liked to (never mind my brutal -- outside of Tomlinson -- offense).

(I'm gonna have to look at your out routes... a couple of brutal plays where I saw them coming, and saw the corners just stand there and give your guys their patterns...)

I am still handcuffed to the PC, so there will be highlights eventually... I'd much rather play using a TV, though, so no one expect this in regular season...

The 3-4 has some inherent weaknesses that you did pretty well covering up. Your defense is really good. But still, that freakin fumble, the int in the endzone when i could have kicked the tying field goal, Gates wide wide wide open behind everyone. CK am cry. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
All my preseason games are done, bring on the regular season.

PS: Sorry for running up the score DM! :( It was only a field goal. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh great, I have to play the defending world champion and his overrated Bears D in week 1.

Well, if someone's gonna take him down, it's gonna be me. This would be a marquis Monday night matchup!

Rorschach

Oh noes! The Chargers!

I'm gonna be home most of today, Sickboy. Tue/Wed after 6:30pm PST. Thursday pretty much all day and Friday after 6:30pm PST.

DMczaf

Ah yes, FMT wins 21-14 with not one but TWO fumble return TDs. And thats not the end of it, Galloway has the most wide open game tying TD in the history of Madden and guess what happens? You know the end of that story, kids.

Moral of the story though? I QUIT!

FUCK THIS GAME!!!!!!111111111111

here is what DM didn't tell you:

early in the 2nd half, dm is up 7-3. i throw, the pass is picked off by dexter "fraud mvp" jackson, and then frank gore says not on my watch bitch. hit stick, fumble, arnaz picks it up and runs 70+ yards for the TD! how sweet it is!

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Oh great, I have to play the defending world champion and his overrated Bears D in week 1.

Well, if someone's gonna take him down, it's gonna be me. This would be a marquis Monday night matchup!

Rex Grossman is completely healthy with the current roster update too! :D

I'm still fumbling around the PS2 controller though a little bit.

Top Bottom