• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

SickBoy

Rorschach: I'm at work tonight until 10 (9 Pacific). I probably get home at around half past...

Same tomorrow night. Earlier Wednesday, although my wife will be expecting me to spend time with her until around 10. Thursday I'm off, but I'm not sure what sort of commitments I have.

For me, the best bet is Tuesday night. I'm operating on four hours of sleep today and play hockey in the morning, so I'll probably get home and do mostly mindless stuff and turn in early.

Any time after 10:30 (Mountain - 9:30 Pacific) should work for me. Tuesday is far and away the best. If it'll work for you, just name the time and we'll get the game happening....

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
Rorschach: I'm at work tonight until 10 (9 Pacific). I probably get home at around half past...

Same tomorrow night. Earlier Wednesday, although my wife will be expecting me to spend time with her until around 10. Thursday I'm off, but I'm not sure what sort of commitments I have.

For me, the best bet is Tuesday night. I'm operating on four hours of sleep today and play hockey in the morning, so I'll probably get home and do mostly mindless stuff and turn in early.

Any time after 10:30 (Mountain - 9:30 Pacific) should work for me. Tuesday is far and away the best. If it'll work for you, just name the time and we'll get the game happening....
Tuesday 10:30 Mountain works for me.

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
K. If I wind up running late, I'll let you know. ALmost always out by 10, unless it's a crazy night.
Oh if that's like right when you get home, then let's make it 11 mountain so you can get settled and stuff. No rush.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think Tatum Bell shat his pants, because every time he touched the ball, all of my players ran away from him.

This just in: I cannot stop the run. And you'll all know it soon enough.

we've got a problem LADIES. one of the players in the league (patriots) has a modded PS2, and thus cannot get online, and so must drop out of the league. so there are 2 things that can happen:

1. if someone knows someone who WANTS to play, let me know
2. i'm going to fill in as that team in that conference (of course i'll change from the patriots to another team).

if no one is in place by wednesday i'm going to fill in for the season. be warned!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
we've got a problem LADIES. one of the players in the league (patriots) has a modded PS2, and thus cannot get online, and so must drop out of the league. so there are 2 things that can happen:

1. if someone knows someone who WANTS to play, let me know
2. i'm going to fill in as that team in that conference (of course i'll change from the patriots to another team).

if no one is in place by wednesday i'm going to fill in for the season. be warned!
Damnit, I thought I had a friend that would fill in, but she says she can't...

Let me fill in...better someone like me (lacking skill) than someone like you. XD

you are in his conference rors, which means it wouldn't work. if anyone else from the other conference wants to take over, be my guest, your odds in winning a free game only double :D

SickBoy

Rorschach said:
Oh if that's like right when you get home, then let's make it 11 mountain so you can get settled and stuff. No rush.

I think I could make that work, but sure, why don't we just call it 11. My EA nick is SickBoyGa... yours?

cubanb

Banned
Wasabi, if you dont end up coming in the next 20 min or so,ill be working late all this week, so I cant guarantee a time. tonight i got off at 8pm, which was probably early compared to the rest of the week, however, i still could get off at a decent time one of these nights. the best way to get this thing going is probably on aim where I could check in with you.
Sorry I cant set a definite time
and I will never break my 49ers controller :D

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you are in his conference rors, which means it wouldn't work. if anyone else from the other conference wants to take over, be my guest, your odds in winning a free game only double :D
Oh damn...forgot. -_-

SickBoy said:
I think I could make that work, but sure, why don't we just call it 11. My EA nick is SickBoyGa... yours?
r0rschach (that's a zero, btw)

I'll be on earlier, anyway just post here if you want to get the game going earlier than that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

*sobs*

Played another game against Mig, was down 31-21 in the latter part of the 4th quarter... managed to get the touchdown, recovered the onside kick, got into the red zone, and then IT FUCKING DISCONNECTED. Madden must have detected the possibility of me having a scoring lead and pulled the plug. It's a fucking conspiracy. *cries some more*

Stats @ Disconnect (Texans-Seahawks)

Score...31-28
Total Offense...235-314
Rushing...89-157
Passing...146-157
First Downs...9-10
PR Yards...43-9
KR Yards...133-77
Giveaways...2-2
3rd Downs...2/5-5/11
4th Downs...0/0-1/1

...much better than the official game we had. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No game can compare to the clank, none!

Seems like Andokuky will be the favorite to win it all this season, he has been unstoppable.

Bob is dodging me fellas. He is afraid I will snatch the championship belt away from him!

SickBoy

Texans-Chargers preseason highlights:

Darren Sproles starts the game off with a bang

http://www.youtube.com/?v=u9LTYxqBgVg

The Texans respond with a solid march, but David Carr can't find his target

http://www.youtube.com/?v=SrKnfBC7g6s

The Chargers find paydirt a second time

http://www.youtube.com/?v=77UHMp0TL-M

Carr cooks up another red zone opportuni.... d'oh.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=rDqcETpCBQA

Texans strike back early in the third thanks to some nifty running...

http://www.youtube.com/?v=TXhs8pt7Tg0

Midway through the 4th, the Texans try to get the ball into San Diego territory.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=n0xqTMNPRX0

LaDainian Tomlinson tries to put the game out of reach.

http://www.youtube.com/?v=FjL7QnsLdpU

A key fourth-down conversion attempt for the Texans...

http://www.youtube.com/?v=5_qmIZUVl9k

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol

Mig, Sickboy, and Hito have all tried passing with their RBs. It's not in my playbook nor is it something I want to try out. Madden AI is too dumb to bite on the fake run, the defender (if in man to man coverage) will follow his man all the way down field if necessary.

Miguel

:lol That's great

CK: Bullshit...Alexander will have a 144 QB rating by the end of the season with like 25 attempts, 24 completions, with like 8 TDs

SickBoy

Wellington said:

Mig, Sickboy, and Hito have all tried passing with their RBs. It's not in my playbook nor is it something I want to try out. Madden AI is too dumb to bite on the fake run, the defender (if in man to man coverage) will follow his man all the way down field if necessary.

Hey, I'm just trying to live up to the real-life Chargers :)

But you're right on the AI. I should be more willing to try to use it as a running play, though....

Andokuky

Banned
How about we open 2 weeks at a time? Stats won't get all gay then and there won't be 5 long lonely days of boredom for those that get our games out of the way early :(

Andokuky

Banned
Archaix said:
I think Tatum Bell shat his pants, because every time he touched the ball, all of my players ran away from him.

This just in: I cannot stop the run. And you'll all know it soon enough.

Main advice I could give is dump the 3-4, it's way too easy to run against it. Your backers were getting sucked right into my line on the outsides and I got 7-8 yards before I even had to try and dodge anyone.

I think even a great run defender would struggle stopping the run in the 3-4 in this game so if you sux dick at run defense then a 3-4 makes it even worse.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
Main advice I could give is dump the 3-4, it's way too easy to run against it. Your backers were getting sucked right into my line on the outsides and I got 7-8 yards before I even had to try and dodge anyone.

I think even a great run defender would struggle stopping the run in the 3-4 in this game so if you sux dick at run defense then a 3-4 makes it even worse.

You need to make exactly 2 adjustments in order to make the 3-4 competent against the run. Playcalling does still play a large part.

I hate the 3-4 playbook because of it's retarded Nickel and Dime packages. :(

Mrbob

I still remember our last game Wellie where I had first and goal from the five at the end of the game, dropped an open pass in the end zone on 3rd down, and lost the game 28-22. I shall be getting vengeance! :D

Miguel

CK: I doubt you're available for the rest of the week after midnight, so we'll play saturday night or sunday before/after the games. No distractions this time.

Miguel

I am John Madden Titor....
This is what will happen when the Texans meet the Chicago Bears!
nfl1c11_lower.jpg

Hutchinson_inside122004.jpg

hutchinson1223.jpg

robinson_return_bears121904.jpg

wong_rush_bears121904.jpg

Miguel

Carr will come in and dominate the Cubbies, then Banks will bring the pain...and you will finally cry mercy as Cousin Dave #2 runs around your defense.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Just played against CK and discovered something interesting.... apparently if you try too hard to get hangtime on a kickoff, it can go straight up and turn into a recoverable defacto onside kick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You can recover any kickoff as the kicking team. You can only down if you are punting.

Bob is dodging me, he knows I have to be up at 5 AM every day, and he is making no effort to get home or play early, says he is watching his show and won't make any kind of time. When does the week turn over? I might as well play my game with him on Sunday.

Mrbob

Who is dodging who? You ducked out on me last night too. :D

InsecureKillah: hey faggot
mrbob2k1: you still dodging me
InsecureKillah: you better be on tomorrow
InsecureKillah: or you are doomed
InsecureKillah: early
mrbob2k1: what
mrbob2k1: you ducking me again
mrbob2k1: two nights in a row
mrbob2k1: you're scared
mrbob2k1: i've oly played the ps2 version once
mrbob2k1: you would have the upper hand
InsecureKillah: I'm in the middle of an important convo
InsecureKillah: maybe you should show up early
InsecureKillah: but fine, go on f00l
InsecureKillah: I will whoop your ass while I am on yahoo
mrbob2k1: i can't play for 15 min
mrbob2k1: i won't be home early tommorrow either
InsecureKillah: uh
mrbob2k1: how early are you talking
InsecureKillah: you realize I have to be up at 5 AM every weekday right...
mrbob2k1: well that is the price you pay for being in the madden league, you gotta make some sacrifices
mrbob2k1: ;-)
InsecureKillah: and you gotta get home early
mrbob2k1: ahahah
mrbob2k1: not happening on mon and tues you know that ;-)
InsecureKillah: how about wed, or thur?
mrbob2k1: how about 15 min ;-)
mrbob2k1: i can play between 5PM central and 6:30Pm central tommorrow
InsecureKillah: ugh
InsecureKillah: why can't you play now again?
mrbob2k1: i can play in 10 min
mrbob2k1: i want to finish watching my show first ;-)
InsecureKillah: man fuck that and fuck you
mrbob2k1: 15 min left!
InsecureKillah: and by the time I am done with the game and entering stats it'll be a quarter past twelve

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
Who is dodging who? You ducked out on me last night too. :D

InsecureKillah: hey faggot
mrbob2k1: you still dodging me
InsecureKillah: you better be on tomorrow
InsecureKillah: or you are doomed
InsecureKillah: early
mrbob2k1: what
mrbob2k1: you ducking me again
mrbob2k1: two nights in a row
mrbob2k1: you're scared
mrbob2k1: i've oly played the ps2 version once
mrbob2k1: you would have the upper hand
InsecureKillah: I'm in the middle of an important convo
InsecureKillah: maybe you should show up early
InsecureKillah: but fine, go on f00l
InsecureKillah: I will whoop your ass while I am on yahoo
mrbob2k1: i can't play for 15 min
mrbob2k1: i won't be home early tommorrow either
InsecureKillah: uh
mrbob2k1: how early are you talking
InsecureKillah: you realize I have to be up at 5 AM every weekday right...
mrbob2k1: well that is the price you pay for being in the madden league, you gotta make some sacrifices
mrbob2k1: ;-)
InsecureKillah: and you gotta get home early
mrbob2k1: ahahah
mrbob2k1: not happening on mon and tues you know that ;-)
InsecureKillah: how about wed, or thur?
mrbob2k1: how about 15 min ;-)
mrbob2k1: i can play between 5PM central and 6:30Pm central tommorrow
InsecureKillah: ugh
InsecureKillah: why can't you play now again?
mrbob2k1: i can play in 10 min
mrbob2k1: i want to finish watching my show first ;-)
InsecureKillah: man fuck that and fuck you
mrbob2k1: 15 min left!
InsecureKillah: and by the time I am done with the game and entering stats it'll be a quarter past twelve

:lol :lol :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"InsecureKillah: man fuck that and fuck you"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If we start the game at 11, I finish the game and stats by 12-12:15. So I should be pulling under 5 hours of sleep because Bob wants to watch his shows? It can wait until the weekend. Gives you more practice time so you have no excuses about the PS2 controller.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
If we start the game at 11, I finish the game and stats by 12-12:15. So I should be pulling under 5 hours of sleep because Bob wants to watch his shows? It can wait until the weekend. Gives you more practice time so you have no excuses about the PS2 controller.

Mr.Boob always has an excuse when he loses.It's either the controller,he was tired or the game is broken.

Mrbob

Wellie is so cute when he is angry.

But his constant crying is starting to get me mad.

Lets look at the facts.

I didn't cry to him that I worked from 7am to 9pm the last two days because I have extra things to do at work. I got home about 9:30, he sends me a message at 9:45 to play and I want to finish my show. I have to be in at 6am tommorrow and go till 4:30PM. It is an extremely busy time for me at work. I gotta be back in 7am to 9pm on thursday too before getting back to a normal Friday. So spare me the woe is me routine Wellie.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As you can see by the AIM conversation you posted, I am more than willing to work with you on other times, but you aren't. Wouldn't it also have been easier to outline your work schedule instead of dodging the question? I work 6:30 am - 6pm myself, so I know the pain. Why is it so bad to wait until the weekend?

I found a picture of MrBob by the way:

Heaven%20Can%20Wait%20-%20Giant%20crying%20baby%20(300w).jpg

Good night all.

Top Bottom