• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 06 Xbox Preseason Tourney: If you dont play, you arent in the league!

JayFro

Banned
I got smoked!

Good game hg, but damn if those two int's to start off for TD's didn't kick my ass real hard. I was trying to play catch up from that point on and it just wasn't pretty. You play good def, but I didn't really pick up on the zone coverage you were using until it was too late. I'll definitely learn how to play the game better though playing against some of you guys, the online competition at my level isn't the greatest but I'm not to key on playing guys with awesome records because I don't want to be cheesed to death.

I keep hearing about this black and white button glitch, but I'm not sure what it is and I don't really want some guy with an 80-10 record to tear me up so I can see what it's all about!

Good game and good luck in the next round.

JayFro

hgplayer1

JayFro said:
I got smoked!

Good game hg, but damn if those two int's to start off for TD's didn't kick my ass real hard. I was trying to play catch up from that point on and it just wasn't pretty. You play good def, but I didn't really pick up on the zone coverage you were using until it was too late. I'll definitely learn how to play the game better though playing against some of you guys, the online competition at my level isn't the greatest but I'm not to key on playing guys with awesome records because I don't want to be cheesed to death.

I keep hearing about this black and white button glitch, but I'm not sure what it is and I don't really want some guy with an 80-10 record to tear me up so I can see what it's all about!

Good game and good luck in the next round.

JayFro

yeah I definitely had luck on my side. I was telling Vitamin in the lobby when I was waiting for you that I didnt feel like I was gonna win that game because I really hadnt been into Madden the last few days and I didnt get any practice mode in before we played. I think if I hadnt of gotten those INTs for TDs it would have been a struggle. I think at halftime each of us had less than 20 yards of offense.

JayFro

Banned
hgplayer1 said:
yeah I definitely had luck on my side. I was telling Vitamin in the lobby when I was waiting for you that I didnt feel like I was gonna win that game because I really hadnt been into Madden the last few days and I didnt get any practice mode in before we played. I think if I hadnt of gotten those INTs for TDs it would have been a struggle. I think at halftime each of us had less than 20 yards of offense.

Yeah, you definitely play good D, but turnovers are the name of the game and you came up with some big plays. You must have just been camping out on those out routes when I called those audibles, very nice.

Good luck next round, well done.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
EA SUCKS SHITBALLS. WHAT THE FUCK.

Ok......so it advanced. I go to play FMT......I must have moved my joystick when I turned my xbox on since it was slightly off calibration. ......moving to the left automatically. I unplug my control to replug it in ONCE, just to try to fix it, and THE GAME KICKS ME (TOURNY GAME BTW) FOR EXCESSIVE CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS. What the fucking whore. My 0% DNF is now at 2%, I got a loss for a game I didn't play.......I forfeit the game. Bullshit, I won't stand for it. What a fucking shitbag job they've done. I can't wait to spend $600 to buy a 360 to play the next EA product

Whoa thats beyond fucked up o_O

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
True,said that :lol How many times did I beat his ass last year :p We havent faced eachother this year.

I said that you were making it sound like you were horrible now. :lol You don't have to bring up any bad memories. Be nice now. :)

And True, in one play afterwards, went from his 20, to my 43!!! 1 second left, VERY manageable hail mary, that thankfully bounced off a few defenders. GAME.

If only I could have gotten five more yards I could've won it with a field goal. That would have been so nice.
And I knew that TD wasn't gonna get caught when I had to go to Peerless Price for it. He can't catch anything in this game.

Andokuky

Banned
I got DQ'ed too because my opponent wasn't around. Sucks, especially when you're new and this tourney was a means to show you are sim and dedicated. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
I said that you were making it sound like you were horrible now. :lol You don't have to bring up any bad memories. Be nice now. :)

If only I could have gotten five more yards I could've won it with a field goal. That would have been so nice.
And I knew that TD wasn't gonna get caught when I had to go to Peerless Price for it. He can't catch anything in this game.

Yea that was wrong of me to do,my bad true...MADDEN 05 4 LIFE! I'm not horrible,its the game that is :p

newsguy

Lonestar. We play next. I'm home all night if you want to play. Tomorrow I work from morning till night and the game expires before then. Can you play tonight?

hgplayer1

Wolfram & Hart said:
So it's Skins-Cowboys in the Quarterfinal? SWEEET. :D

FMT, get the Niners ready for a loss.

Skins-Giants in the final, Skins over G-Men 21-14.

I just realized something. we have to get this game in tonight. I wont be able to play at all tomorrow. I can play as late as 1am eastern time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shit, Drey if you're around we need to play tonight if possible. :( I get home at like 6 tomorrow, PLEASE tell me you will be around. I had plans tomorrow :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll be able to wait another 30 minutes, but then I've got to go to bed. Hope we can get the game in tomorrow...

Andokuky

Banned
Yea I'm Lokidoki. Shadow was my opponent but I guess he went on vacation or something.

I'm still confused at to what team I would be in the season anyways. Denver was already chosen for the season although the owner had a ? by his name, so I selected the Jets for the tourney but when I tried to join the tourney the Jets were already taken so I just picked Denver since I hadn't seen that owner check in here yet. But now it seems all the teams are filled, maybe I'm wrong idk.

newsguy

Lonestar said:
I'll be able to wait another 30 minutes, but then I've got to go to bed. Hope we can get the game in tomorrow...

Sorry man. I'll wake up early tomorrow if you want to play. I got into a huge fight with my long time G/F and it's serious. I may forfeit cause the shit hit the fan...

Lonestar

well, it's 12 am, and if we started now it'd be about 1 am my time, and I wake up at 6 am, and I'm at work at 7. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

hgplayer1

GG DJ

holy crap if ever there was a game where TOs = loss this was it. first play from scrimmage, INT. then I dont know how you had enough time to watch two of my defenders chase your RB all the way across the field and watch him catch a TD. that guy was running at like mach 5. cant believe I fumbled at the end of the half to let you score again. and that hitstick tackle at the end of the game that kept my RB out of the end zone on the swing pass was bullshit! he was home free! no way that LB should have been able to cut him off. :(

total yards offense Cowboys 207 Deadskins 84

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If I don't get to play Drey tomorrow, which doesn't seem like it will happen, anyone else interested in just finishing out the bracket to this point?

For future leagues and tournies, 48 hour turnaround may not be a great idea. :(

Edit: Lone and Newsguy having trouble too? Dammit. I think we should take a snapshot of the brackets now and play outside EA if we have to.

We could have avoided all this and just had the guys that wanted the same team just play each other.

that is what is going to happen now. the true reason for the tourney was to see who is reliable and who isn't.

hate to do this to everyone, but it's the only fair way to go about it. if 2 people want the same team you guys are going to have to fight it out head to head (minus those from league last year). i'm not even sure who is going to be in the league so i will update that fact in the league thread as needed.

newsguy

Lonestar said:
well, it's 12 am, and if we started now it'd be about 1 am my time, and I wake up at 6 am, and I'm at work at 7. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

You're probably in bed by now. I apologize to you and to anyone else this affects. I have to bow out of the tourney. FMT, I hope you can forgive me for this and still know I'm good for the league, it's just tonight... well I'll IM you about it. Lonestar, I apologize and you probably would have won anyway :D Good luck.

Drey1082

Wellington said:
If I don't get to play Drey tomorrow, which doesn't seem like it will happen, anyone else interested in just finishing out the bracket to this point?

For future leagues and tournies, 48 hour turnaround may not be a great idea. :(

Edit: Lone and Newsguy having trouble too? Dammit. I think we should take a snapshot of the brackets now and play outside EA if we have to.

Sorry man, I went out tonight, just got back..... and i'm slightly drunk, so playing now is not a good idea.

I can play tomorrow right at 7pm central, which hopefully is before you head out. That's when I get home from work. If I can't play tomorrow either, I'll tell my roomate to forfit for me, so you can go to the next round. I told FMT that this was a bad week for me tourney wise, I apologize for any inconveniece this causes...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's cool though, you're getting me out of a jam. :lol Didn't want to go out with that girl until next week, and I didn't want to meet up with that group of friends at all, now I have an excuse to at least be late. 7 it is.

Lonestar

Sorry about that News. If I could skip work today and play in the AM, I would. Heck, even if we weren't playing, I wouldn't mind skipping work.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Goddamn that was a GG Drey. Fuck, edge of my seat the whole time.

I'm down to play tomorrow lone. I owe you revenge for last night.

Drey1082

Wellington said:
Alright Drey, I'll be on at 7 PM CDT sharp.

haha, i didn't know it was fourth down!!! Wow that was embarrassing. I was paying so much attention to the clock I forgot what down it was....

Good game, I couldn't stop you at the end there.

Lonestar

What time do you wanna go CK? I'm still at work, but hope to be out of here in the next 45 minutes.

and the 49ers advance to the championship game!

great game between me and dj. we both had INT's returned for TD's. i had a 17-7 lead in the 3rd, and i was shutting down portis all day long. but then for some stupid reason i stunted to the weak side on a run play and he got to the outside all alone, that made it 17-14.

then i made it a 20-14 game with 15 seconds left. so i kickoff, his guy can't field the ball, i down him at his own 9 yard line. he throws a couple incompletes. then with NO TIME on the clock i drop everyone waaaaaaaay back, he waits waits waits, just chucks one up... PASS INTEREFERENCE AT MY 29 YARD LINE! wtf! the ball only got to midfield but they say i pi'ed with the receiver at my 29. so now DJ has a VERY manageable shot to win the game... a 29 yard completion is all that is needed.... but he gets sacked game over.

thank god

Lonestar

And it looks like it's You and Me again FMT. Will I overcome throwing 6 INT's this time? Or will Shaun improve upon his 74 yard TD Struggle from our last encounter?

Albiet a temptuous end of the 1st half (ranging from a FG off the iron, to an accidental exploit), I kicked into Madden Gear in the Fourth, hauling in a 44 yard INT for a TD, a Long Scamper from Mr. Alexander, and a Surprise Curl-Run-What-30 Yard TD Pass. Final Score 27-13.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is why I lost

Code:
Statistics                  Wellie            Lonestar 1979   
Rushing attempts for                 15              19
Rushing yards for                    44             157

And let's not forget the fact that Eli got a fuckin' downgrade from Madden '05 :(

Code:
Score breakdown:

1    2    3    4   OT    F
Wellie              0    3    7    3    0   13
Lonestar 1979       0    0    7   20    0   27

:(

Lonestar

Ahh, but this time I won't be half asleep. Though, I hope I get this Dysentery under control...

Fifty

Whoever wins faces me, remember! No way I'm forgetting this shit after I lose before the kickoff on some BS. You're the half champion until you beat me!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Whoever wins faces me, remember! No way I'm forgetting this shit after I lose before the kickoff on some BS. You're the half champion until you beat me!

Why should you get an automatic bid to a faux championship? What about Shadowredz and Andoduky? Do they get to play FMT/Lonestar too?

Fifty

Now that I've used all 30 teams and won with them, I can take a step back and prepare for the league. I won't persue this!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:
Now that I've used all 30 teams and won with them, I can take a step back and prepare for the league. I won't persue this!

If that is the case I will begin typing up my Madden 06 notes. Thanks to all that have played me so far.

Lonestar

Congrats again FMT, on being able to brainwash me into some random offensive playbook! Maybe next game I'll be awake for! 3 INTS! Oh well, thank God that stupid tourny is over. 32 man ended up being what? 14?

shpankey

not an idiot
congrats FMT. i lost the first round to you. but i feel good in knowing i only had the shitty Browns and that I only lost by 3, and kept you to 10 points. dropped a wide open 3rd down pass in the flats in the end of the game which woulda kept a crucial last winning drive alive, and missed a game tying makeable field goal at the end to lose.

that and our stat comparison...

Score breakdown:

1 2 3 4 OT F
shpankey 0 0 0 7 0 7
FrenchMov 7 3 0 0 0 10

Statistics shpankey FrenchMov
Rushing attempts for 16 10
Rushing yards for 55 41
Passing attempts for 18 9
Passing yards for 71 24

Punts 2 3
Field goals for 0 1
Long field goals (40+) for 0 1
Rushing touchdowns for 0 1
Passing touchdowns for 1 0
Returns touchdowns for 0 0
Defensive touchdowns for 0 0
Turnovers for 1 2
Interceptions for 0 2
Sacks for 2 2
Number of third downs 9 4
Third down conversions 4 1
No-huddle plays 0 0
Audibles called 0 0
Hot routes used 6 1
Shotgun plays 0 0
Blitzes 2 5
Time of possession 10:25 5:35

2-point conversions tried 0 0
2-point conversions succeeded 0 0
Red zone field goals 0 0
Red zone touchdowns 1 1
Red zone opportunities 1 1
First downs 9 4
First down yards 66 48
Special teams yards 41 54
Punt return yards 5 8
Punt yards 102 147
Penalties 1 0
Penalty yards 5 0
First down rushing plays 9 6
First down passing plays 6 4
Second down rushing plays 6 3
Second down passing plays 5 4
Third down rushing plays 0 1
Third down passing plays 9 3
Fourth down rushing plays 1 0
Fourth down passing plays 0 0
Passes completed 8 7
Fumbles 0 1
Fumbles recovered 0 0
Possessions 10 12
Third downs, 3 or less yards 4 1
Successes 1 1
Third downs, 4 to 9 yards 2 2
Successes 1 0
Third downs, 10 or more yards 3 1
Successes 2 0
Hurries 1 3
Knockdowns 1 1
Passes deflected 0 3
Passes tipped 0 0
Offensive yards 126 65
Total yards 167 119

Return yards 36 46
Total touchdowns 1 1

...suggest I played a good game. :) I felt my defense, other than your first drive where you ran for a TD on two plays, really locked you down (although I think this was more of you not trying than anything of mine).

P.S. I need to point out that this was more sympathy on FMT's part as he was teaching me a lot of things during the whole game and I feel he was taking it easy on me and trying to help me out.

But, still feels good to lose to the eventual champ by a small margin, using a crappy team (as was he, but he is obviously much better than me).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
*sigh*

There goes my incumbent #1 contender status! :( Congrats on winning what will likely be the only 32 man trophy dished out via GAF.

Top Bottom