• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 06 Xbox Preseason Tourney: If you dont play, you arent in the league!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
shadowred was supposed to forefit his game or withdraw since he was going on vacation. i'm going to be pretty pissed if he didn't doesn't do it/didn't do it before he left

Dammit, now I get a second round bye. :(

I can play you anyway, Andokuky, if you want that is. Though it would have to be an exhibition game. :(

--The good thing about this tourney is that it's already revealing who is unreliable.--

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
uh oh, I've figured out Motion!

Not in that I didn't know how, but now comes mixing up the Defense to fit my goals.

Formation Shifts are allowed? I don't think that bug is still in the game.

Motion? I'm from Canada. Is that like a two line pass? Educate me. :D

Truelize said:
Motion? I'm from Canada. Is that like a two line pass? Educate me. :D

Assuming you're not joking--motion is when a play calls for a player on the offense to move in a parallel line to the offensive line from one side of the field to another. This is done to either attempt to provide more blockers for an intended run play to one side, or to fool the defense into switching its man or zone assignments and unbalance their formation. In real NFL, the man in motion cannot move forward at all (must be parallel). Of course, Madden takes care of this automatically. I'm not sure if multiple men can be in motion in the NFL(of course, once the offensive line is set it cannot move until the ball is snapped), but you can't do that in Madden anyway. Usually you'll see the QB pick his right leg up to signal his WRs, TEs or RBs to go into motion.

To actually make a player go into motion in the game, use the d-pad up/down to select a player (WR/TE/RB) then right or left depending on which direction you want them to move. Each play will have pre-set motion limitations (in some cases, running plays will not allow you to send a FB or TE into motion because they are providing an integral block for the RB).

DCX

DCX
UjustLost it's you in me next up, what are good times for you? Today i have to work 3-11PM Est, tomorrow i'm off though so any time would be good. Let me know. AIM=DreamcastKC, Yahoo=bronx_flava, GAMERTAG= DCX gaf.

DCX

newsguy

DCX said:
UjustLost it's you in me next up, what are good times for you? Today i have to work 3-11PM Est, tomorrow i'm off though so any time would be good. Let me know. AIM=DreamcastKC, Yahoo=bronx_flava, GAMERTAG= DCX gaf.

DCX

I can play you anytime you want between today and tomorrow. If you want to play tonight that's cool, if not we can play tomorrow.

Drey1082 said:
Good game cp.. I got lucky with that pass to the endzone

That was a good drive. Was my fault for trying to close out the game on that 4th and inches. The thing that got me was the Sproles fumble on the punt right before half. Made me sooooo mad!

shpankey

not an idiot
Wolfram & Hart said:
I'm not sure if multiple men can be in motion in the NFL
Being a Redskin fan, you of all people should know this. Think back to your most recent championship years with Mark Rypien. You guys had people motion'ing all over the fricken place... it looked like musical chairs.

P.S. Rypien that year had the best, most accurate and beautiful deep pass in the history of anything on earth playing football.

P.P.S. I remember all this cause I'm a Cowboys fan who hated you. ;)

shpankey said:
Being a Redskin fan, you of all people should know this. Think back to your most recent championship years with Mark Rypien. You guys had people motion'ing all over the fricken place... it looked like musical chairs.

P.S. Rypien that year had the best, most accurate and beautiful deep pass in the history of anything on earth playing football.

P.P.S. I remember all this cause I'm a Cowboys fan who hated you. ;)

OK, I was pretty sure, but didn't want to post the wrong info and look foolish. Of course, I guess I still acheived that. :lol tbh though I didn't start following the Skins until 2 years ago. I was still an Eagles fan (I'm originally from PA near Philly) and not quite fully vested in the District yet. Now however (as my friends love to ridicule me about) I'm probably a Metro-area resident for life, so I'm backing the Skins (and Caps and Nats) 100%.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
I want to go home and work more on Madden. WAY more than sit here and make money.

I am home and I'm still stuck making money. Madden is like 6 feet away from me calling me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Losing connection and forfeits really mess with your DNF %.It dosent matter here at GA cause anyone will play you,it only matters if a random person looks at your DNF and thinks you're a quitter.

I can play you right now if your on, I don't have your AIM name so I'm not able to IM you.
Otherwise we'll have to wait till tommorow anytime since I don't work.

Drey1082

Cerebral Palsy said:
That was a good drive. Was my fault for trying to close out the game on that 4th and inches. The thing that got me was the Sproles fumble on the punt right before half. Made me sooooo mad!

I didn't even notice that the ball touched you, I didn't realize it was a fumble at first.

Yeah, that fourth down was a killer, although I would most likely have went for it too in your position.

DMczaf

From ShadowRed

FMT you never told me to drop out. I assumed you would boot me before starting it up. Second I took the Raiders because someone had already picked the Redskins. I assumed when I saw my name listed next to the Redskins in the Madden thread that you had bumped me over to the Redskins to get Roch in.

guys the new round has been up all day, and i haven't seen anyone besides me play their game. lets go!!!!!!!!

p.s. had a pretty good game with the packers, which i won 9-7. one thing that pissed me off and ALMOST cost me the game was it was 2nd and 5, so i throw a swing pass to barlow which is behind the line of scrimage, he drops the ball (which is considered a fumble) but no one is within 10 yards of him. so he reaches down to pick it up, doesn't pick it up, does it again, doesn't pick it up, eventually the packers guys rush over and recover the fumble. WTF BARLOW! if i lost because of that i think i would destroy my xbox along with madden inside

Fifty

iceDragon7 said:
I can play you right now if your on, I don't have your AIM name so I'm not able to IM you.
Otherwise we'll have to wait till tommorow anytime since I don't work.

Ok.....tomorrow. Wednesday. You say "anytime" so I'll say 3 PM eastern. If that's a problem give me a PM.

AZ Greg

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys the new round has been up all day, and i haven't seen anyone besides me play their game. lets go!!!!!!!!

p.s. had a pretty good game with the packers, which i won 9-7. one thing that pissed me off and ALMOST cost me the game was it was 2nd and 5, so i throw a swing pass to barlow which is behind the line of scrimage, he drops the ball (which is considered a fumble) but no one is within 10 yards of him. so he reaches down to pick it up, doesn't pick it up, does it again, doesn't pick it up, eventually the packers guys rush over and recover the fumble. WTF BARLOW! if i lost because of that i think i would destroy my xbox along with madden inside

GG, that was kind of weird that Barlow couldn't pick up the fumble. After I recovered I should have ran on third down instead of trying to pass and having this happen:
CW-Favre-Sacked.jpg

:(

yep, on that 3rd down i said im going to blitz and double cover walker and see what happens. you had been picking me apart anytime i gave you time so i had no choice. i think franks was somewhat open on that play

Mrbob

I think about Madden strategy at work! Whoever I play next should take advantage of playing me tonight rather than tommorrow. Not sure who it is as I'm not at home. Tuesday is my long workday so I'm tired by the time I get home. Tonight is the night I could slip up and really the best chance to beat me!

Fifty

Rorschach said:
Question: What camera do you guys use this year?

Madden wide, simply because it's the only camera to play CB with. Otherwise I'd use the default. It's way more fun using the default because it's close up, but this isn't about having fun! :lol

Drey1082

Mrbob said:
I think about Madden strategy at work! Whoever I play next should take advantage of playing me tonight rather than tommorrow. Not sure who it is as I'm not at home. Tuesday is my long workday so I'm tired by the time I get home. Tonight is the night I could slip up and really the best chance to beat me!

ummmm...... okay

iwhenever you're ready, just send me an im at drey1082 and i'll get right on.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just played BigZep in an exhibition game, and I'll take my loss like a man but I just want to let it be known to the rest of the league that he pretty much relies on slot corner routes, and TE corner routes. We all thought that the shading would fix it, but for whatever reason it wasn't working.

For those that don't know this is a sim league, we're not here to exploit the games flaws to beat our opponents.

Just a little weird that I was dominating into the fourth, had a 20-6 lead, then suddenly lose in overtime 20-23. Most of you know the kind of D I can play.

hgplayer1

Jayfro just to elaborate on the message I sent you in Madden, the time that Im going to have available to play over the next couple days will be spotty but Im confident that Ill be able to meet you whenever you have time to play. just let me know what your schedule is like and when is the next time you have available to play.

KingV: I didn't get back until really late so we'll have to play tomorrow night. I get off work around 5:30 and should be home and ready to play by 6:30 (Eastern).

DCX

DCX
Great game newsguy. Man i wish i had a better flow to my drives, i screwed up on one long TD pass i didn't defend it...the first TD i have no clue what happened...a blown coverage i guess..good game though. Good luck in the tourney.

DCX

newsguy

DCX said:
i'm not even on live :p I'm on now though, i'm in the GAF room.

DCX

Sorry, I was looking at DMC :D Good game, I thought it would be 0-0 all game.

People will fear your defense in the league.

KingV

Wolfram & Hart said:
KingV: I didn't get back until really late so we'll have to play tomorrow night. I get off work around 5:30 and should be home and ready to play by 6:30 (Eastern).

send me an IM when you're in tommorrow. We've got a leave period coming up and most people have been mysteriously disappearing early from the office in anticipation, so I may be able to go right around 630 or 7 EST.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Drey1082 said:
348_-714038203-main.jpg

BRING IT!

I did not forget the ass whooping you gave me with the Vikings in season 1 in Madden 2005. I have been training for revenge since then!

:lol @ Buff D. Badabababaaaaaaa

Arch%20i'm%20lovin%20color.jpg

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I did not forget the ass whooping you gave me with the Vikings in season 1 in Madden 2005. I have been training for revenge since then!

:lol @ Buff D. Badabababaaaaaaa

Arch%20i'm%20lovin%20color.jpg
20050205elpepucul_1_I_LCO.jpg

" You will all see the true nature of the dark side....in due time....
"

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
20050205elpepucul_1_I_LCO.jpg

" You will all see the true nature of the dark side....in due time....
"

DCX

I used the Bills in a season last year, I know how nasty that D can be. :lol Sucks they don't have a good second DB. McGee is way underrated IMO.

Fifty

Ok Icedragon, it's 3 pm. I'll wait around for 15 minutes for you, hopefully you show.

Damn dude....You're not on AIM either. I can wait around an extra 10 minutes but that's it. if you're not here by 3:20, well I held my end of the bargain.

Top Bottom