• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 06 Xbox Preseason Tourney: If you dont play, you arent in the league!

Slo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
careful slo, azyuma is 10-1 online in madden. not sure who that 1 loss was to... :D

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was being genuine. I'm not really where I want to be with Madden yet. :-\

Good luck Azy.

Fifty

GG dskillz, and by GG I mean what an ugly piece of shit game. (We both have under 30 yards at the half!!!) I'm sure you're dissapointed, since OT losses suck. That lag was so bizarre....I would have guessed it was my new router but I've played over 30 games with it and none of them have had any lag so I'm guessing it was on your side. You did an incredible job stopping me all game...until I realized you were in zone and I motioned Heap.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fifty said:
GG dskillz, and by GG I mean what an ugly piece of shit game. (We both have under 30 yards at the half!!!) I'm sure you're dissapointed, since OT losses suck. That lag was so bizarre....I would have guessed it was my new router but I've played over 30 games with it and none of them have had any lag so I'm guessing it was on your side. You did an incredible job stopping me all game...until I realized you were in zone and I motioned Heap.

Actually, I was in a TE Corner defense most of the time. That is why there were two people around Heap when he caught the ball, lol. Also, that is why when you ran to the right, a LB was right there to stop Lewis. When your returner fumbled, and my guys acted like they had no idea what to do, I figured I was about to lose this one. gg

The lag is on my end. It is getting better as it seems to just strike every now and then. My ISP is actually doing some upgrades over here and promises things will be ok. I can't complain too much as they cut my bill in half for my troubles, but hopefully it is worked out soon.

AZ Greg

Slo said:
Good game man, as you can tell I don't have control of the cone yet. Good luck in the tournament.

Good game, I feel so bad winning that way. :( You totally deserved it.

I got so frustrated at the end of the first half when I thought I was gonna spike the ball but it was just the normal hurry up back to the same play. Couldn't even get a FG out of that drive. Then I couldn't concentrate and I hit the kickoff out of bounds then shanked a punt. :(

Slo

I thought you played really well, asside from those couple kicks. And that pains me to say that to a Packer fan. :)

Drey1082 said:
cp, is tomorrow around 7-10 central good for you? The earlier the better. My aim name is drey1082.

I just got home. I can play within the next couple of hours. I think tomorrow around then should be fine also.

Andokuky

Banned
No word from the Raiders owner yet. Hasn't accepted my friends list invite I sent this morning. I can play anytime tomorrow morning/afternoon up until 1pm CST or any time after 11pm CST.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy shit I just barely edged out Malley in what had to have been the closest game of all time. I still have butterflies in my stomach.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GG Wells... my dumb ass clicked on Knight who was supposed to cover that zone.... i take total blame for that botched D, but that was definately a classic...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG newsguy,I fucking hate the cone,just hate it.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Wellington said:
Holy shit I just barely edged out Malley in what had to have been the closest game of all time. I still have butterflies in my stomach.

I love that feeling, I get that everytime me and DM have one of our OT games.

newsguy

Matrix said:
GG newsguy,I fucking hate the cone,just hate it.

GG man. there were at least 3 points in the game where you got screwed. The one that stands out was that WIDE OPEN pass on 3rd and 7 (to your fullback, TE?) where he simply didn't catch the ball. That' was a sure TD. I thought you played well though, you ran all over me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
newsguy said:
GG man. there were at least 3 points in the game where you got screwed. The one that stands out was that WIDE OPEN pass on 3rd and 7 (to your fullback, TE?) where he simply didn't catch the ball. That' was a sure TD. I thought you played well though, you ran all over me.

That play was beyond fucked up,but I'm used to that happening in this years version,last year I wouldnt have dropped a wide open TE slant.Running is the only thing my team can do :| Last year I would be lucky to get 20 yards on the ground.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
damn, i see we've had a ton of close games today (including mine)....thats good. I cant wait for the league to start.

Gunstar77

Gunstar77 said:
Ice, I am on the East Coast so 2 AM EST is a little too late for me. I can pretty much play tonight, Monday, or Tuesday between the hours of 7 PM - 12 PM EST. I believe we have 3 days for each round, if we don't play we both lose automatically.

Well Ice, I waited as long as I could for you, 1:30 AM EST but I have to goto work in the morning and you aren't answering your AIM. I can play on Monday between the hours of 7 PM - 12 PM EST.

Wow, just our luck, I work during the hours your home (3pm-11pm) and you work when Im home...well ill be on aim and accept your friend request to see when we can play...

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Wolfram & Hart said:
Who's the Saints? Can you play tonight (Sunday?) It's 9 o'clock now (Eastern). AIM is Atreides815, tag is DJ Demon J.

That's me dude, time for a rematch from that random game last week. I was out of town last night but I can play pretty much whenever today or tonight. Best for me is tonight anytime after 8 Central but like I said I'm flexible. Just let me know.

AIM: EliPwnsU
Gamertag: YelloPeril

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Let me know when Ram. After 9 est would be best, but I'm working from home today so we might be able to play in the afternoon. Hit me on AIM and we'll set something up.

Drey1082

Cerebral Palsy said:
I just got home. I can play within the next couple of hours. I think tomorrow around then should be fine also.

Tonight would be good. I work so I really can't play that late. Anytime before 10 central would be great.

Drey1082 said:
Tonight would be good. I work so I really can't play that late. Anytime before 10 central would be great.

Okay, well IM me (FredEx KC) when you got home from work then. My router died, so if I'm not connected to IM I'm most likely on XBL.

Andokuky

Banned
Who is the Raiders owner here? I guess you haven't logged onto Live yet, I can play tonight after 11pm CST. My AIM name is AndoSD.

Guileless said:
That's me dude, time for a rematch from that random game last week. I was out of town last night but I can play pretty much whenever today or tonight. Best for me is tonight anytime after 8 Central but like I said I'm flexible. Just let me know.

AIM: EliPwnsU
Gamertag: YelloPeril

OK, I'll be home all night tonight so just IM me when you're ready.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
Raiders owner=Rorscach or however you spell it :p
Wrong...read the thread. Shadowredz took 'em from me. I got the Pats in the tourny. Already played my game.

Here are the teams again, everyone. Although, it turns out some people registered teams they were not supposed to.

AFC East
1. Patriots - rorscharch
2. Dolphins - Newsguy (GAFnewsguy)
3. Bills - DCX* (?)
4. Jets - Drey (Drey1082)

AFC West
1. Chargers - CP (FredEx KC)
2. Raiders - shadowred (shadowredz)
3. Chiefs - malleymal (mr black nj)
4. Broncos - icedragon* (?)

AFC South
1. Colts - DJ Tet* (?)
2. Jaguars - Dskillz (dskillzhtown)
3. Texans - matrix (adoubledg)
4. Titans - kingV

AFC North
1. Steelers - ramirez (ctownskins3)
2. Ravens - fifty (PM him for it)
3. Bengals - jayfro
4. Browns - shpankey

-------

NFC East
1. Giants - ck (insecurekillah)
2. Redskins - dj
3. Eagles - gunstar (gunstar77)
4. Cowboys - hgplayer (bcsplayer1)

NFC West
1. Rams - bigzep* (?)
2. 49ers - fmt (whossorrynow015)
3. Cardinals - coldblooded* (?)
4. Seahawks - lonestar (mike31820)

NFC South
1. Falcons - truelize* (truelize)
2. Panthers - irish icon* (irish icon 22)
3. Saints - guileless* (elipwnsu)
4. Buccaneers - dm (dmczafx23)

NFC North
1. Lions - konex (konex2k4)
2. Vikings - slo* (?)
3. Packers - az* (?)
4. Bears - mrbob (mrbob2k1)

for example:
iceDragon7 said:
Damn, I signed up tooo late.
Well I have Panthers now since my 2 called choices were taken (Broncos/Raiders)
Last team left is the Jaguars.
Oh yea, what if I accidently signed up for GAF A tourny?

PS: how the hell can you like Broncos AND the Raiders?

DJ_Tet

Banned
Alright, I've played against three random people online. Can someone see if I have this right? I've never played Madden online so bear with me if some of this is old.

I had two people quit on me so far. There were three options, keep playing CPU, quit mercy, and quit no mercy. I chose quit no mercy the first time, but I never got the win. So I assume that it just gives my opponent the loss, but I don't get the win? Today when someone quit on me, I kept playing the CPU and got the win. Did he get the loss? Say the CPU comes back and beats me, would he get the win? Would I get the loss?

Also, can someone explain how the online league works (that apparently isn't set up yet?), what advantages would an online league have to something we could organize here?

edit---How do I leave feedback? Do I have to remember the user name on my own? I don't mind playing random people as I know what I'm getting into, but I fully intend on leaving feedback for the pricks.

shpankey

not an idiot
Thanks for the game FMT, and the lessons! That was really fun and I learned a lot. Good win and good luck in the rest of the tourney!

DCX

DCX
DJ_Tet said:
Thanks for the game DCX, I guess the Panthers will have to wait :(
No prob, good game overall...very tight...i didn't think i would get out of the first round.

DCX

gg Guileless. I think I've finally got my running game down with Portis. 200+ yds! Now if only I could get Ramsey in gear..... -7 Passing Yards! :/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
After a controversial win I move onto the second round to meet Lonestar.

How the heck did you score that much man? What was it? 38 points? That's sick. I'm scared.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Everything was running on all fours, everything worked in my favor. Talk to Ror, and he'd tell you that streak is over. Lost 6-3, but I had to hold onto him getting only 2 FG, and I couldn't do crap when it counted.

Andokuky

Banned
Well we got like 11 hours to get round 1 done and ShadowRedz is a complete no show so far. Anyone know him? I will be up for a few hours if he can play.

shadowred was supposed to forefit his game or withdraw since he was going on vacation. i'm going to be pretty pissed if he didn't doesn't do it/didn't do it before he left

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
uh oh, I've figured out Motion!

Not in that I didn't know how, but now comes mixing up the Defense to fit my goals.

Formation Shifts are allowed? I don't think that bug is still in the game.

Gunstar77

iceDragon7 said:
Wow, just our luck, I work during the hours your home (3pm-11pm) and you work when Im home...well ill be on aim and accept your friend request to see when we can play...

Merry Christmas Ice, I withdraw from tourney. No reason for both of us to DQed. Good luck.

Does that mean I move up to round 2 in the tourny?
Thanks anyway, but you didn't have to do that, I would have withdrawn if you wanted.

Top Bottom