• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 06 Xbox Preseason Tourney: If you dont play, you arent in the league!

JayFro

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
why did you need to know where to sign up then? or have you never been online in madden?

if you have never been online then my apologies. that post is in reference to the online madden menu. you will sign online, go to game modes, etc.

I was online in Madden 2005, but I've never played in an online Madden tourney. I wasn't sure if it was run through a website or not, all the tournaments I've ever played for Topspin or Moto GP were done on websites. Thanks for the clarification.

DCX

DCX
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol OMFG!!!!!!!! That games was so funny! Wow is all i have to say...i can't even believe that play for teh win :lol Sorry Cloudy...you now have the sole crown as GAF's worst :D It was fun, i would love to just play 100 games against you :)

DCX

Rorschach

JayFro said:
#1 in the world on Xbox live in Topspin doubles, #56 in the world in Topspin in singles on Xbox Live.

Top 250 in the world in Moto GP 1/2 on Xbox Live.

I like competition, is that ok with you? I may not be good at Madden but I like to compete and have a little fun, I owned a copy of Madden 2005 so keep bringing on the hate and I was probably playing football games when you were still in pampers.
They are just weary of flakes, but hey, it's only a tourney. It's not about how good you are, but personaly, I wouldn't have thought that you had "fun" with this game or 2005.

I'm signed in. Hopefully, I don't get DM the first round -_-

newsguy

I got home from work at midnight FMT, but miami should be signed in now.

GG CP. I thought you knew you had no timeouts left lol. That's why I called the TO when you lined up because I had my FG unit out there.

Edit: BTW I lost an NCAA by doing just that... (except I was on the 1 yard line and all I needed was a FG to win the game) I'm an ass :D

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach said:
They are just weary of flakes, but hey, it's only a tourney. It's not about how good you are, but personaly, I wouldn't have thought that you had "fun" with this game or 2005.

I'm signed in. Hopefully, I don't get DM the first round -_-

I never gave my opinion of Madden 2006 so I'm not sure how anyone could say I called the game bad or whatever. Anyway, just used the Bengals for my first and only game and actually got the victory 16-7, but my opponent was 1-16 so it was really more of a just trying to figure out what I'm doing kind of thing. Still not fully adjusted to the passing cone but I'm sure it will feel more natural as I get some games under my belt. I think we play eachother in the first round of the tourney, should be fun.

JayFro

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I keep doing a search for the tourney and its not showing up :\

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
just type in "gaf" it'll show up

Thx that working,yet gaf 1 didnt :\

Matrix

Rorschach said:
It's "GAF I" as in the letter i :p

I need glasses :(

Bigzep,Ill play you tomorrow night if you're free.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm about to sign in, but I won't be back into town to play until late tomorrow, if that hurts the tourny or not, I don't know.

shpankey only the browns are left :lol

sorry dude! if you could use them for this tourney though you'd really help us out since that would make it a full, 32-man tournament. if another team pops up i can let you know and you could sign out of the tourney then sign back in as them. but you would be a trooper if you'd pick the browns and play :D

shpankey

not an idiot
I'll take em. no prob. it's not like i was gonna win anyways! :lol

also, i got a new AOL name: shpankey GAF if you you could use it instead. thanks FMT

p.s. Live Gamertag: shpankey

edit: nm

shpankey

not an idiot
aight, done. i'm officially in now :D chose the browns (rated 68 ::cries:: :lol ) but will do my best to keep the games close, at least till the half. :)

shpankey

not an idiot
lol, I predict 0-3 (last second field goal), Titans for the win! :lol

My mission, in this tourney, is to somehow, someway, by the gods of football's grace, STEAL a win from SOMEONE in this tourney... be it by fumbles and int's and punt returns and kick returns and the other team missing field goals and accidentally shanking punts and basically just on cruise control for the easy win, I can snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I will get my win, from one of you saps... :lol Someone's gonna have some bad luck against me, and i'll squeze out a win. :D

Then you gotta explain to everyone else why and how you lost to the doormat of the league (me, not a good player with a shitty team) :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
shpankey said:
lol, I predict 0-3 (last second field goal), Titans for the win! :lol

My mission, in this tourney, is to somehow, someway, by the gods of football's grace, STEAL a win from SOMEONE in this tourney... be it by fumbles and int's and punt returns and kick returns and the other team missing field goals and accidentally shanking punts and basically just on cruise control for the easy win, I can snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I will get my win, from one of you saps... :lol Someone's gonna have some bad luck against me, and i'll squeze out a win. :D

Then you gotta explain to everyone else why and how you lost to the doormat of the league (me, not a good player with a shitty team) :lol

Guys don't be discouraged if you have a crappy team. FMT, Matrix, and I have been making due with some of the lowest rated teams across multiple Madden titles. You just gotta be a smart player.

shpankey

not an idiot
man, i've been trying to play with the Browns all morning. i just can't do it. they suck too much for me. I can't even score on the CPU.

FMT, drop me from the tourney. I don't want to deal with the frustration of not being able to even get a first fucking down.

newsguy

shpankey said:
man, i've been trying to play with the Browns all morning. i just can't do it. they suck too much for me. I can't even score on the CPU.

FMT, drop me from the tourney. I don't want to deal with the frustration of not being able to even get a first fucking down.

If they're really that bad, just play anyway. My Dolphins are rated 70 and I'm going through a season with them :( Besides, it's single elimination, so you'll only have to play that one game if they suck.

Fifty

shpankey said:

I beat matrix with them!

shpankey i can teach you to win. i'm using the worst team in the game and i plan on winning the tournament. ratings matter, but they will not prevent you from competing, only from winning close games :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
damn.. we really got 32 teams?? this is ridiculous... I am shocked.... only if everyone stuck around for the league.... that would be amazing.... who am i kidding..

Great game, Gunstar. I treat Owens like my bitch the whole game, and then blow the game on that one play. Guess I should have never really been in a position to win anyway. X-Factor did everything possible to get a win.

Am I the only person who can't throw against the Eagles? Haven't been able to against a single Eagles player. 3 ints in the first half against Gunstar. Green was hit on almost every pass, and insanely rushed every other time. =/

Slo

I'm in like Flynn biznatches. Unfortunately I'm going out of town on Monday and will be gone until Wednesday night. So you fuckers either need to beat me (not bloody likely) or I need to forfeit the tourney.

Sorry guys, I know this really sucks of me, but there's nothing I can do.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I want that 32 man tournament trophy. :)

Fifty seems to be on a roll with his D,I dont see anyone stopping him and the Ravens at this point.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Fifty and his Ravens have not faced me and my mighty Bears yet. :D

Well if you do end up facing him,dont throw :lol

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Well if you do end up facing him,dont throw :lol
I agree with this statement...i can do when he chooses to play DB...if i catch him off guard...but it isn't very often...you REALLY need to play the field position game with him if you have a decent D, that's your best chance becuase you can FG him to death if you play it right...TDs are very few and far between.

DCX

Andokuky

Banned
I signed up to play in the tourney as the Jets but when I tried to join the tourney they were taken already so I signed up as Denver since I remembered seeing you post that they hadn't checked in yet, AND that's the team I'd want in the season anyways, if I make it far enough to be able to choose them. I hope it's not a problem. If it is I can drop out.

hey i could use a favor. does anyone have any xbox live 2 month subscription codes?

if someone could p.m. me one i'd appreciate it, i dont want to sign up w/ my current tag that only has 1 month left on it.

people are taking the wrong teams? maybe there was a misunderstanding but i thought i said to pick the teams i assigned you to for the tournament. we'll find out who picked the wrong team soon enough

hgplayer1

wow I just realized I have no defense with a true 4 man line except for dime and goaline. I absolutely could not stop the Bucs run game. I was throwing all out blitzes at them and they were still getting 5,6,7 yards.

DM I dont give you any credit for any of that. that line was just destroying my D. Konex could have run with that team! :lol

Top Bottom