• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 06 Xbox Preseason Tourney: If you dont play, you arent in the league!

also guys make sure you are signing into the correct tournament. "GAF A" is incorrect. "GAF I" is correct. there are 3 people besides myself signed into GAF A, not sure why, but hopefully its neither of the missing 2 from GAF I.

Damn, I signed up tooo late.
Well I have Panthers now since my 2 called choices were taken (Broncos/Raiders)
Last team left is the Jaguars.
Oh yea, what if I accidently signed up for GAF A tourny?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I signed up. I didn't know we were signing up already. Also, I was at the Texans preseason game yesterday.

DCX

DCX
Apparently the matchups seems to be set...i play Dook 91 92 01 Round 1. Good luck to everyone, this should be very fun.

DCX

Fifty

Too bad the tournaments don't have web content :( I would have really liked to see the results and stats for the other 15 first round games.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Too bad the tournaments don't have web content :( I would have really liked to see the results and stats for the other 15 first round games.
That would be awesome...

DCX

DJ_Tet

Banned
iceDragon7 said:
Damn, I signed up tooo late.
Well I have Panthers now since my 2 called choices were taken (Broncos/Raiders)
Last team left is the Jaguars.
Oh yea, what if I accidently signed up for GAF A tourny?

Damnit.

the tournament is up and the games can now be played guys. here are the matchups:

ravens vs. jags
eagles vs. panthers
49ers vs browns
packers vs. vikings
titans vs rams
redskins vs saints
bucs vs cowboys
lions vs bengals
falcons vs steelers
cardinals vs seahawks
texans vs dolphins
bills vs colts
chargers vs jets
bears vs patriots
raiders vs broncos
chiefs vs giants

Slo

God damnit FMT. How can you expect me to forfeit against the Packers!? You've made a strong enemy on this day.

Slo

Packers guy, I'll be online sometime late tonight (after 10PM cental). Does that work for you? Lets play the first 3 quarters straight up, and if I happen to be winning in the 4th, we I'll DC or something so you get the win.

If you can't play tonight, I guess I'll just have to withdraw from the tourney.

AZ Greg

Slo said:
Packers guy, I'll be online sometime late tonight (after 10PM cental). Does that work for you? Lets play the first 3 quarters straight up, and if I happen to be winning in the 4th, we I'll DC or something so you get the win.

If you can't play tonight, I guess I'll just have to withdraw from the tourney.

That time works for me.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Where for thou is this King V....get on AIM so we can get it on

JayFro

Banned
Konex,

Bengals versus the Lions. I guess that's me and konex doing battle. When can you play? I can play tonight 7pm central time, not sure what timezone you live in.

JayFro

Rorschach

Da Bearz(mrbob?):

Aim: hawakubo

[edit] Actually, turns out I'm going to have to step out right now, but I'll be back around 7pm PST. Post a time here and I'll be there. Any time past 7pm today or any time tomorrow.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar, i should be able to play anytime today so hit me up when your ready

AIM:TheColdOne33

CB3

If you signed in for seahawks. im assuming you did because thats what it says on the front page but if you were out of town im guessing you didnt have a chance to sign in online.

Cloudy

Banned
JayFro said:
Konex,

Bengals versus the Lions. I guess that's me and konex doing battle. When can you play? I can play tonight 7pm central time, not sure what timezone you live in.

JayFro

Yeah, 8et is cool. Add Cloud2k to your buddy list :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No, I signed in yesterday morning right before I left. Are the games already started? I guess I could play in a little while. AIM: Mike31820

CB3

yeah i sent you a friend request on live. Just let me know a little bit later when you wanna play.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Newsguy when you want to beat my sorry ass Texans?

i feel sorry for anyone playing the vikings this year. i used them just now against CP and their offense is nearly unstoppable. the only thing that stopped me 2 times was a cover 2 zone where i threw a stupid dump off pass and the cb picked it. culpepper can create whatever kind of time he wants by running, i was stepping in between DE's/DT's and staying in the pocket forever.

to top it off their defense is awesome too. hopefully i get the first pick in season 2 ladies :D

p.s. but i wont cause im planning on winning with the 49ers :(

Whoever got the Eagles, let me know if you want to play tonight (after 11pm West Coast time)
If not, we can settle it whenever you can.

hgplayer1

first win of the tourney belongs to me ladies! :D I cant believe I was able to score on DM after the game we had played before but somehow I got the passing game going just enough to get the win. I got lucky quite a few times in the game. a couple of the more notable times were when I threw a pass to the far side of the end zone and he had a guy under and over my WR and I managed to get the ball to him. if he had INTed it it would have been a TD the other way. I also nearly lost a fumble when I ran with Bledsoe to pick up the yard I needed to get a first down and he got smacked and fumbled. the Bucs were all over it but didnt pick it up and one of my guys snuck in and recovered it for a first down.

gg DM and I was cussing your offense the whole game :lol

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
iceDragon7 said:
Whoever got the Eagles, let me know if you want to play tonight (after 11pm West Coast time)
If not, we can settle it whenever you can.

Ice, I am on the East Coast so 2 AM EST is a little too late for me. I can pretty much play tonight, Monday, or Tuesday between the hours of 7 PM - 12 PM EST. I believe we have 3 days for each round, if we don't play we both lose automatically.

newsguy

Matrix said:
Newsguy when you want to beat my sorry ass Texans?

Not so sure about that :( I work late on weekends, so I won't be home tonight until midnight. Tomorrow? I can play after 5 pm eastern, let me know if that's cool.

KingV

Whew! Big Win for the Titans over the Rams with the touchdown in OT. Close, close game. Titans are surprisingly not that bad, except for their special teams unit and D-line are absolutely horrible.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
newsguy said:
Not so sure about that :( I work late on weekends, so I won't be home tonight until midnight. Tomorrow? I can't play after 5 pm eastern, let me know if that's cool.

I can play at midnight tonight *tomorow :p * or 1 am eastern time if you have the energy after work? If not let me know the time you want to play before 5 pm eastern and I'll make time.

shpankey

not an idiot
FMT, I'm logged on and good to go if you can. If not, look for me tonight. If not then, just let me know when you can. It should be an easy win for you considering the CPU obliterates me when I use the Browns. :lol

newsguy

Matrix said:
I can play at midnight tonight *tomorow :p * or 1 am eastern time if you have the energy after work? If not let me know the time you want to play before 5 pm eastern and I'll make time.

lol, I meant I CAN play after 5 pm eastern, my bad. But if you'll be on tonight then I'll look you up when I get home.

Matrix

newsguy said:
lol, I meant I CAN play after 5 pm eastern, my bad. But if you'll be on tonight then I'll look you up when I get home.

Yea I'll be on late.

CB3

Lonestar, let me know when you wanna go. I can play until about 10 Pacific time tonight.

shpankey i will be home around 9pm pst (give or take a few mins), if you can play then that would be cool. otherwise tomorrow anytime after 3pm pst i can play. let me know!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
When ya wanna play True?

How about never? :) I can't believe for my first GAF game this year I get to play you and your freakin Steelers. ugh.
I've got the inlaws here tonight. Can you play tomorrow? Or do the games have to be completed today (Sunday)?

JayFro

Banned
Konex,

You got screwed on some plays man, it was either the first punt or first kick off and the returner fumbled and my guy ran it in for a TD. The QB coughing up another fumble near the end of the game which I picked up, and I was getting a little worried towards the end of the first half. You had a a few big pass plays and started mixing it up pretty well running with Harrington to keep me honest.

I was pretty lucky to win that game, but I only had one turnover compared to three for you.

I think I have hgplayer next, hopefully I'm as lucky in that one.

CB3

HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT i got ROMPED. Couldnt get my passing game going and couldnt stop the run. GG Lonestar The only reason i scored at all was because of that fumble :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GG Cold. Sometimes you just catch fire. That's probably the best I've played in Madden yet. Most of the time, I'm a mess :(

And I get to play either the Steelers or Falcons, and the 2 players are Madden Vets :( AYE AYE AYE..

Slo

AZYUMA86, what's your XBL name? Does 10 still work for you? BTW, please take it easy on me, I have had too much time to play 06 yet. :)

AZ Greg

Slo said:
AZYUMA86, what's your XBL name? Does 10 still work for you? BTW, please take it easy on me, I have had too much time to play 06 yet. :)

GT is AZ Greg. I sent you a FR. Yeah that times fine.

Send me a message on AIM when your ready. -- YuMaGrEg1986

Top Bottom