• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 06 Xbox Preseason Tourney: If you dont play, you arent in the league!

AZ Greg

Ok, I dropped from the tourney FMT.

And to anybody who sees that I quit the tourney it wasn't because I'm not reliable. Me and FMT played our 2nd round match, which he won 9-7, but it didn't register for some reason =/. So I dropped so he could advance.

Fifty

You're a good man Azyuma.

from the last page
Ok Icedragon, it's 3 pm. I'll wait around for 15 minutes for you, hopefully you show.

Damn dude....You're not on AIM either. I can wait around an extra 10 minutes but that's it. if you're not here by 3:20, well I held my end of the bargain.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
wtf I thought he was using the panthers. why is he the bears

:lol

DCX

DCX
So, impromtu Top 5 Madden GAFFERS are? No particular order. According to me, and who i have played

- Fifty
- FMT
- newsguy
- DJ Tet
- matrix

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
So, impromtu Top 5 Madden GAFFERS are? No particular order. According to me, and who i have played

- Fifty
- FMT
- newsguy
- DJ Tet
- matrix

DCX

Matrix? He makes it sound like he's playing with his feet he's struggling so bad.

I WAS the Panthers...and now they gave me the Bears. Oh well I got raped, GG Fifty there was nothing I can do passing to Muhammed against Reed. And the run game sucked for me today.

Fifty

Man that was weird I don't know why you had the Bears, and it said in the menu an ovr rating of 0. ;o

I didn't that that one play was offensive pass interference, for what it's worth.

edit: That was Rolle on moose btw. (4 user picks! :( sorry, I'm not good at being modest)

You're not that bad a player, I could tell. It shouldn't have been such a blowout.

Fifty

That really sucks that you got THE WRONG TEAM in a tournament game. I understand the game has some glitches, but that's a horrible one. Imagine if that happened in the finals :(

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Matrix? He makes it sound like he's playing with his feet he's struggling so bad.
Guys i have played...the more gaffers i play, i'll edit the list :) Cloudy almost made the cut, so what does that tell you ;)

DCX

newsguy

DCX said:

- Fifty
- FMT
- newsguy
- DJ Tet
- matrix

DCX

I am flattered, but I don't belong on this list. Just a couple of days ago FMT was teaching me some of the new features and some strategies :D Besides, if it wasn't for a blown coverage in our game you would proabably be in the next round.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True,said that :lol How many times did I beat his ass last year :p We havent faced eachother this year.

Yeah I've been getting 2 copies also.
Sometimes when I make someone quit, I win by 60 points and it says I lose.
I just had a tournament with the Bears when I should have been the Panthers.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DCX said:

- Fifty
- FMT
- newsguy
- DJ Tet
- matrix

DCX

What am I? Chopped Bog???

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
What am I? Chopped Bog???
:lol :lol Did i play you? If i did, i'm sorry...you should be up there anyway...i was bored when i made my list :p Actually, i hoped someone will release thiers and i was on it :lol :lol Bait and switch...i fail: at the internet, Madden and most likely life :)

DCX

DJ_Tet

Banned
DCX said:
:lol :lol Did i play you? If i did, i'm sorry...you should be up there anyway...i was bored when i made my list :p Actually, i hoped someone will release thiers and i was on it :lol :lol Bait and switch...i fail: at the internet, Madden and most likely life :)

DCX

You would be on my list, although you're the only GAFer I've played ;)

Fifty

IceDragon

Our game did not register! EA is horrible. Yadda yadda yadda. I really need you to withdraw from the tourny ASAP. If you do, you'll be in my good books for life.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
gg Lone. I had no clue what you were doing there at the end. So once again I lose cause I get confused. :lol
I made some bad play calling in the 4th there when I had it on my 7th. I just kept trying to get a running game established. But I can't run in this game online. I don't know why.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:

- Fifty
- FMT
- newsguy
- DJ Tet
- matrix

DCX

You really should not base it on who has the most wins this year. Not saying I deserve to be there, but MalleyMal isn't there, Ramirez isn't there, DM isn't there.

Matrix

Wellington said:
You really should not base it on who has the most wins this year. Not saying I deserve to be there, but MalleyMal isn't there, Ramirez isn't there, DM isn't there.

No one should base anything on wins :( *imagines playing madden 05 against all the newcomers *

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
OMG, Thrilla in the DOME!

Down 10-3 with 25 seconds, 3rd down and 5, 1st down on the 3 yard line, and I pull the HB to the outside, but sneak up the gut with the FB for the 1st down.

The tying TD pass with 7 seconds left, to the TE, arched OVER 2 LB's.

And since I've got no better sense, I go for 2, almost get sacked 10 yards back, flip it to the TE on the flat, empty end zone, SCORE. 11-10.

And True, in one play afterwards, went from his 20, to my 43!!! 1 second left, VERY manageable hail mary, that thankfully bounced off a few defenders. GAME.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I based it on people i have played...not wins, hell i have enough wins to be up there, but i have enough losses for 4 of you guys put together :lol :lol :lol I will play Malley, you and Ramirez in due time...you guys never seems to be when i am...

DCX

JayFro

Banned
Hgplayer,

I'm in the central time zone and I can play tonight for the next 3-4 hours. Thursday (tomorrow) evening I'm available after 9pm central time for about 2 hours and friday afternoon I'm available from 2pm through most of the late afternoon and early evening. Let me know what works best for you.

JayFro

hgplayer1

JayFro said:
Hgplayer,

I'm in the central time zone and I can play tonight for the next 3-4 hours. Thursday (tomorrow) evening I'm available after 9pm central time for about 2 hours and friday afternoon I'm available from 2pm through most of the late afternoon and early evening. Let me know what works best for you.

JayFro

Im online and in the lobby right now. waiting for you

hgplayer1

me and Jay just played our game and it almost did that glitch to us where it gave him the bears when he was supposed to be the Bengals. the only thing I can think of that caused it was that I sent him an invite from the lobby before he was in the lobby. we backed out before the game started then he sent me an invite while we were both in the lobby and it worked fine.

also for those of you whose games arent recording, are you exiting the game immediately after the final whistle? I notice some people tend to do that after a loss. I think everyone should wait until all the post game crap ends to make sure the game records. I think ESPN used to have that problem if you left the game too quickly.

Fifty

hgplayer1 said:
me and Jay just played our game and it almost did that glitch to us where it gave him the bears when he was supposed to be the Bengals. the only thing I can think of that caused it was that I sent him an invite from the lobby before he was in the lobby. we backed out before the game started then he sent me an invite while we were both in the lobby and it worked fine.

Hmm that might be it. I think I remember IceDragon wasn't in the room when we played earlier today.

my game didn't record, but i can't remember if i left immediately after or not. i think i checked out some stats but i could be wrong. i will wait from now on

gg KingV, it was closer than the score indicated. Our QBs deserve sub 30 ratings for that game. o_O

And so, the Redskins bus to victory lane continues! :D

Fifty

EA SUCKS SHITBALLS. WHAT THE FUCK.

Ok......so it advanced. I go to play FMT......I must have moved my joystick when I turned my xbox on since it was slightly off calibration. ......moving to the left automatically. I unplug my control to replug it in ONCE, just to try to fix it, and THE GAME KICKS ME (TOURNY GAME BTW) FOR EXCESSIVE CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS. What the fucking whore. My 0% DNF is now at 2%, I got a loss for a game I didn't play.......I forfeit the game. Bullshit, I won't stand for it. What a fucking shitbag job they've done. I can't wait to spend $600 to buy a 360 to play the next EA product

Fifty said:
EA SUCKS SHITBALLS. WHAT THE FUCK.

Ok......so it advanced. I go to play FMT......I must have moved my joystick when I turned my xbox on since it was slightly off calibration. ......moving to the left automatically. I unplug my control to replug it in ONCE, just to try to fix it, and THE GAME KICKS ME (TOURNY GAME BTW) FOR EXCESSIVE CONTROLLER DISCONNECTS. What the fucking whore. My 0% DNF is now at 2%, I got a loss for a game I didn't play.......I forfeit the game. Bullshit, I won't stand for it. What a fucking shitbag job they've done. I can't wait to spend $600 to buy a 360 to play the next EA product

:( sorry to hear that...but doesn't FMT have contol over final score tallies since he created the tournament? If so, then you two could play an exhibition game with the same settings and he could advance the proper winner.

Fifty

I lost before the ball was kicked off

brianbillick.jpg

billick114.jpg

a_billick_i.jpg

Top Bottom