• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Welcome to the Madden league thread. Please read below before playing.

LEAGUE WEBSITE: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/home/14553.ps4

the league is up. before i post the information, read the following sentence:

WHEN YOU LOG IN YOU NEED TO CREATE A NEW COACH! DO NOT USE AN EXISTING COACH!

WHEN YOU LOG IN YOU NEED TO CREATE A NEW COACH! DO NOT USE AN EXISTING COACH!

IF YOU USE AN EXISTING COACH AND I HAVE TO BOOT YOU FROM THE LEAGUE THERE IS POTENTIALLY AN ISSUE WITH CCM WHICH MAY NOT LET YOU BACK INTO THE LEAGUE AS THE SAME TEAM. IF THIS HAPPENS THEN THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO EXCEPT GIVE YOUR SPOT TO THE NEXT PERSON ON THE WAIT LIST

READ THE ABOVE AGAIN
----------

now that that's done, go to Connected Career:

League name: neogaffe1
password: niners

login as the team given, CREATE A NEW COACH! YOURSELF OR WHATEVER FICTIONAL CHARACTER YOU WANT SO LONG AS IT IS NEW!, and then i can start it once everyone is logged in (which will take some days).

in the meantime, YOU WILL NEED TO CUT YOUR ROSTER DOWN TO 53 PLAYERS YOURSELF. MOST OF US HAVE 70+ PLAYERS CURRENTLY ON THE ROSTER SO DO THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

we won't be playing the pre-season games (you can play the week 1 preseason game if you want, i don't care). as soon as all 32 people are logged in, i am advancing to the regular season.

Difficulty: All-Madden
Quarter length: 7 minutes
Accelerated clock: Yes
Sliders: Some minor sliders will be used but I don't know what they are yet.

Q: When does the league start?
A: September 2nd (assuming there are no technical issues preventing that from happening).

Q: What are the advance period?
A: 72 hours from previous advance or whenever all games are completed, whichever comes first! THERE WILL BE EXTENDED ADVANCE PERIODS DURING NATIONAL HOLIDAYS!

Q: We doing owner mode?
A: No. It was really annoying last year.

Q: Will there be a trade council that has to approve trades?
A: Yes. The 4 commissioners. Majority rules so if a trade approval has 3 votes it's good. If it's 2-2 then I'll consult our tie breaker (an unbiased party). Not sure who that will be yet!

Q: Who is running this show?
A: Luke, CB3, pheeniks, FMT.

LEAGUE RULES/GUIDELINES:

1. This is a sim league... to the best of our abilities. Madden is not a very realistic football sim when you get down to it but we have to make the best of it. You are expected to be a willing participant in the league.

2. RUN DIFFERENT PLAYS! This goes for both offense AND defense. If you are running the same 4-5 plays ALL GAME that is a problem. Run up the middle, run to the outside, passing deep, passing short, screens, drags, posts.... they're all there for you! Use them! I get that this is more difficult on defense because there are teams in the NFL that actually run 2 deep safety man for a good part of the game. But even those teams ACTUALLY throw in some zone defense, some blitzing, some other packages at the other team. Just try to mix it up.

3. Fourth down rules. This is a tough one that i'm hoping doesn't need to be spelled out more specifically but basically if you have a 4th and very short (1 yard or less) in your opponents territory I see no issue with going for it. Another scenario where I see no issues is when you are on the cusp of fg range. Lets say you have a 4th and 5 from your opponents 37 yard line. Is that ok to go for it? I would say yes.

Obviously if you are losing late in the game on your last drive you can go for it in any circumstance. DO NOT go for it on 4th down in your own territory outside of the previous instance.

4. I had previously posted a few people who had contingencies and they are still there but this really goes for everyone in the league. It was a mistake to make these things public and I will make sure that those issues are communicated privately. SCHEDULE YOUR GAME IMMEDIATELY ONCE YOU SEE IT IS ADVANCED! this game is not your job but we are all putting time into the league and it's tough to swallow when you are working on a tight deadline but your opponent isn't really communicating to work with you. There is nothing wrong with playing your game on the last day but there is something wrong with not bothering to schedule ANYTHING until day 3 and then everyone else is delayed because of it.

5. GET AIM OR PSN PHONE MESSENGER! This is huge because communication is so important. If you have AIM, please post your AIM username and I will add it to this post so people know how to contact you. Contact is key so PM your opponent, AIM them, PSN them. This will help to guarantee that the game is scheduled timely!

6. YOU WILL GET BUTTHURT! There are going to be games where you get a bullshit call or a bullshit play or your opponent gets completely lucky. If you can't deal with this type of thing then let us know now so we can get someone in here that wants to play.

7. DON'T RUN UP THE SCORE! DON'T STAT PAD! This should go without saying but it still must be said. If you are thrashing your opponent, just run the ball and run the clock out. There is no need to embarrass your opponent further or fling the ball all around the field, prolonging a game that for all intents and purposes is over. Just be respectful of your opponent. I can't really come up with a number for every scenario that is "blowout status" but just use common sense. For instance, if you are up 40 points at the start of the 4th quarter... that is a blowout. If you are up 10 points with 4 minutes left, that is NOT a blowout. I want people to be respectful but I don't want someone to let their foot off the gas early in the 4th and then someone gets a TD + an onside kick + a TD to cost them the game. Use common sense!

8. Disconnect issues. This will happen at some point or another. If the game disconnects in the first half, under any circumstance, you'll have to replay the game. Sorry! If the game is in the 2nd half and absolutely out of reach, the team losing should set themselves to Auto Pilot and the team winning can beat up on the CPU. Again hard to come up with a number. If you and your opponent have this issue and disagree then consult with the commish group so we can decide what needs to happen. Hopefully you can work it out amongst yourselves in a civil manner.

9. NO MANUAL CATCHING ON OFFENSE! It's still overpowered even with ballhawk.

10. DO NOT RUN NO HUDDLE OUTSIDE OF A 2 MINUTE DRILL SITUATION OR UNLESS THE SITUATION ABSOLUTELY DICTATES IT! I'm not going to point out EVERY POSSIBLE scenario where no huddle would be acceptable but if it's a relatively close games outside of a 2 minute situation DONT RUN NO HUDDLE! if you were down 28 points early in the 3rd quarter or something then that is acceptable. But short of something outrageous like that just don't do it. It's going to cause a lot of drama and it's not worth it.

League owners:

AFC East:
Patriots - Colasante
Bills - Rinse
Jets - ferny
Dolphins - Pheeniks

AFC North:
Ravens - GQman2121
Steelers - llai86
Bengals - Splat
Browns - Brent

AFC South:
Texans - Smokey
Colts - drizzler
Titans - Livewire
Jags - Greg

AFC West:
Raiders - Pistolpete
Broncos - Drizzler
Chiefs - Crimson
Chargers - Nightz

NFC East:
Cowboys - crow
Eagles - CB3
Giants - Wellington
Redskins - Mcneily

NFC North:
Packers - Eznark
Bears - mrbob
Vikings - sanjuro
Lions - Trasher

NFC South:
Bucs - DMczaf
Panthers - Jabee
Saints - Sickboy
Falcons - dcx

NFC West:
Seahawks - Az
Cardinals - Squall
Rams - LJ
49ers - FMT

*Teams aren't set in stone, just adding everyone randomly to the list

wait list (in no particular order):
soka
reneruiz
caliblue15
ocelott
Thomasbk
crow
purple cheeto
got the shakes
sanjuro
fixed1979
apatheticone
bukafax
rors
blacksnakeball

Previous Superbowl winners/# of Superbowl wins:

1. FMT - 9
2. Rors - 3
3. BigAT - 3
4. Crow - 2
5. Ramirez - 2
6. DMczaf - 2
7. Wellington - 2
8. Mrbob - 1
9. Smokey - 1
10. Malleymal - 1
11. LJ11 - 1
12. Markmhc - 1

Let me know if you have any questions. Good day!

SickBoy

Saints are cool with me. Don't love em but I like Brees and respect a lot of their guys in the post-Vilma world.

GQman2121

Banned
Two time Super Bowl winner in the AFC North huh?

x7giT3s.gif

Is there a team other than the raiders that I can be?

Damn saw the Saints were just taken. Can I play Pete for the Chiefs or something?

2 of the last 3 AFC superbowl representatives are still there (brent and splat). you just disrespected them!
There was no LJ or Rors then either! The powerhouses are gone. I think ph33 is the most dangerous ATM, luckily he has the Dolphins. splat and Brent are great players but I'm not worried about facing them like I am with the LJs, Rors, FMTs, and ATs of the world.

With all that said. I don't think any1 here is worried about facing me too much either, haha.

GQman2121

Banned
Is anyone else worried about potential changes they've made to the gameplay? I haven't touched the series since 2013. I have no idea what to expect.

Is anyone else worried about potential changes they've made to the gameplay? I haven't touched the series since 2013. I have no idea what to expect.

no. everything i've read and watched has been a positive. last year the issues were the defense not holding the edge or playing outside runs properly which appears to at least be improved

Somnia

I am now subbed to 4 dota threads... 3 of which belong to madden.

edit: My AIM for any newer people is Somnia1982

GQman2121

Banned
no. everything i've read and watched has been a positive. last year the issues were the defense not holding the edge or playing outside runs properly which appears to at least be improved

In the games I've seen it looks like the qbs either have very little time to pass or a crazy amount of time in the pocket. It's a tough balance for a game but it's something they've always struggled with.

Also, defenders still look very static when they're engaged and being blocked at the line.

In the games I've seen it looks like the qbs either have very little time to pass or a crazy amount of time in the pocket. It's a tough balance for a game but it's something they've always struggled with.

Also, defenders still look very static when they're engaged and being blocked at the line.

pressure isn't much of a problem (based on ps4 madden 25)

Nightz

AFC West looks completely different this year...well, except for Drizz. Weird not to have Soka or Rors playing.

Somnia

Congrats CB and Wellie on 2 free wins a year against me... my goal in season 1 is to get 3rd in the East lol Maybe I'll have some random great season, it's happened once before (when Dallas had a defense) and then you fuckers murdered Romo and I lost hard in the playoffs =/

Congrats CB and Wellie on 2 free wins a year against me... my goal in season 1 is to get 3rd in the East lol Maybe I'll have some random great season, it's happened once before (when Dallas had a defense) and then you fuckers murdered Romo and I lost hard in the playoffs =/

we play each other first!

Ferny

Just noticed the AFC East is just Phee and myself as the mainstays of that division. Time to take back the crown.

Why didn't Sickboy get the Cards again? I liked playing him.

Also, the NFC West is going to be a nightmare.

he's not a cards fan and has no connection to them. he only used them last year because they were open. squall is actually a cards fan and sickboy said he didn't care to use the cards again

Also, this tiebreaker jazz sounds like trouble. I'm just saying. 2 votes should be enough? If 2 commissioners don't have a problem with a trade seems fair to say that it's a reasonable trade.

Or name the tiebreaker beforehand?

Top Bottom