• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 3 League Thread: The Imperial March (to the superbowl!)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
thanks for the kind words for my dad. He starts chemo either tuesday or wednesday, and will hopefully be done in may.

True, I think we're supposed to play, any time you have available, though some of My uncles are getting into town tomorrow, so my daytime might be unavailable .

typing on my pda, so excuse any errors.

Shadax

Banned
Rorschach said:
That's gonna be a W, sorry.

I regret to inform you that you're gonna be my season ending redemption game.

As for a time, pick any time sat/sun. I'm headed out the door now, but I'll read it when I get home. Any time from 12am Saturday to 1pm Monday. Day, night, evening, morning, afternoon, grave yard hours. I hope there's an hour in there where we can play this game. :p

I still have a chance to make the playoffs if Gunstar fucks up against Bob or his last game. And you're the only thing standing in my way. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

:D

Let's try tonight after midnight, my AIM is Atreides815 and I'll try to be on #ga on IRC around that time.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
^^^
bog-avatar.gif

Never forget MrBob...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Thats not a douche,thats a f-ing asshole.

Rorschach

Shadax said:
I still have a chance to make the playoffs if Gunstar fucks up against Bob or his last game. And you're the only thing standing in my way. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

:D

Let's try tonight after midnight, my AIM is Atreides815 and I'll try to be on #ga on IRC around that time.
OH SHIT. I get to be a true spoiler. >:D

I'm on IRC and aim.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
hey Lonestar, let me know when you can play. Saturday is kinda a write-off for me. But anytime Sunday should be good man. Hit me on AIM

Mrbob

Sorry DJ, for you to make the playoffs you must beat me! And we both know that isn't going to happen! :D

After the clusterfuck beginning I had I won't be denied my 10 win season!!!

Lonestar

sunday will be good.

Add "putting out a fire" to my list of worries. Dad went to burn some coca cola boxes, and it got away from him. Small brush fire, covered about an acre. But we got it out. Fun saturday :/

Shadax

Banned
Mrbob said:
Sorry DJ, for you to make the playoffs you must beat me! And we both know that isn't going to happen! :D

After the clusterfuck beginning I had I won't be denied my 10 win season!!!

HAIL TO THE REDSKIIIINNSS!!!

Rorschach has learned to fear Ramsey, now it's your turn Bobby-boy!

FMT: 28-7 Redskins, Ramsey 13-for-28, 321 yds passing! Woo-woo, the Pain Train is comin' through! NEXT STOP: BOBTOWN!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellington said:
You're neglecting the fact that he has three games left though, FMT. That completely slipped my mind when we spoke yesterday.

In order to facilitate your entry into the playoffs, I am casting a HEX on Fifty! Ooga-Chaga-Ooga-Chaga

Slo I can play tomorrow, same as last week.

Tomorrow I should be at work, but I don't know if I will go. Just make yourself available.

Slo

Wellington said:
Tomorrow I should be at work, but I don't know if I will go. Just make yourself available.

Doesn't matter to me, I should be around this afternoon and tonight. But if we can't get it in we can always play later.

Slo

Bog said:
Oh no! "Ramirez" doesn't like me! Seriously, am I supposed to know who the hell you are?

Bog, you could have quit the league gracefully and nobody would have had a problem with you. It would have taken all of 10 seconds, instead you chose to go out of you way to be a deadbeat and now you're spending far more than 10 seconds responding to this thread and trying to make yourself out to be the victim. Any one of these would have worked.

Bog said:
Sorry guys, life got in the way and I won't have time to play any more. Later.
Bog said:
Sorry guys, I'm just not having fun and I don't want to waste my time with this. Later.
Bog said:
Sorry guys, I'm clearly the worst player in the league and I feel awful making you guys even play me. Later.
Bog said:
Sorry guys, this league is really cutting into my time watching sweaty, musclebound men in their underwear grab each other's balls and try to pin each other to the ground. A man's gotta choose. Later.

But instead we got this from you Bog, and here you are acting like we're all just being dicks to you. Nice buddy, you'll go far.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sorry guys, this league is really cutting into my time watching sweaty, musclebound men in their underwear grab each other's balls and try to pin each other to the ground. A man's gotta choose. Later.

:lol! Wrestling's appeal is so clear to me now.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Bog said:
Sorry guys, this league is really cutting into my time watching sweaty, musclebound men in their underwear grab each other's balls and try to pin each other to the ground. A man's gotta choose. Later..

LMAO :lol :lol

Ramirez

Oh no! "Ramirez" doesn't like me! Seriously, am I supposed to know who the hell you are?

We can't all be as popular as the "Original Xdude" on a gaming forum,I know. :( :lol

And that wrestling quote was hilarious :lol

Bog

Junior Ace

without being too negative it's pretty clear why bog skipped out on the league. you look @ a game like ESPN NFL 2k5, bog missed what? a couple games tops throughout the season? the reason he didn't miss many games is because he was successful with the dolphins without really having to know about football or even try. you can't do that in madden and it shows. i can see the logic in not wanting to play when you're going to get beat anyways, but that's why you don't join leagues for games that you aren't very good at if you can't handle losing. hg and truelize have been great about playing their games and they haven't won a lot of ball games either.

don't worry fellas, season 4 will fix the mistakes of the past

p.s. bog which team are you using in season 4??

Lonestar

well, I beat True 31-14. When we finally went to start up the game, the deadline had just passed.

Shadax

Banned
Lonestar said:
well, I beat True 31-14. When we finally went to start up the game, the deadline had just passed.

Hey I tried posting last night but the forum was down....I'm free tonight to play our match (EST). I thought my next match was Bob, but looks like The Lonestar State is the next stop on the Redskins Playoff Pain Train. WOO WOOOOO CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA WOO WOOOOO!!!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dskillz,can you play tomorrow night? Anytime past 9 pm eastern would be good for me.

Just name your times or when you can play.

great game between me and fifty to decide the division. a true classic... here is what happened:

1st quarter: fifty drives down gets a FG. i throw and INT, fifty gets a TD shortly thereafter. 10-0 after one.

2nd quarter: i get a TD and a FG to cut it to 13-10 at the time. fifty then gets a 60+ yard TD on a 3rd and inches run. on the ensuing kickoff, i get hit sticked and fumble. touchdown 50. 27-10 just like that before the half. with 20 seconds left, fifty is going for the kill, throws over the middle and it gets picked off for a td. 27-17 at the half.

3rd quarter: early on neither team is doing shit but i do manage a td 27-24 in the 3rd. fifty then gets a TD pass to heap to make it 34-24

4th quarter: 34-24, i go with a playaction pass deep and im not sure ive ever had a receiver as open as woods was on this play. i mean he was open by at least 20 yards and no one was in sight. touchdown 34-31. fifty marches down the field and gets a fg, 37-31 in the 4th. i drive down the field and have to settle for a fg inside the 10, 37-34 with about 2:30 left, but i have 3 timeouts. one 1st down inside his own 20, fifty runs the ball, gets about 4 yards and im reading to call timeout. but whats this? a flag? sweet christ a FLAG FOR HOLDING! not only do i save the timeout, but if fifty wants to make me waste my timeouts he aint getting a first down. so thats what he does. i use up all 3 timeouts and get the ball back @ about my own 40 with 2:01 left.

i drive inside the 5 yardline. there is about 40 seconds and fifty is using his timeouts incase i score the TD. but i get stuffed, have to kick a fg. OT

OT: fifty receives, gets to midfield but must punt on a 4th and 3. then kbar comes to life. i run, run and run more down the field into fg range. on a crucial 3rd and 1 i hand it off, its me Vs. fifty (controlling ray lewis) one on one, all i need is a yard but he has me stopped behind the line. but as luck would have it i just stopped, let him go past me and dived for the first down. the next play i scored a 33 yard TD with kbar

gg fifty, kbar had the game of his life (i think i had 300 yards rushing or somewhere close). the division is mine.... all mine! the champ will defend his crown! you knew it dm!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn, in other news I threw an int to end the game, so one of my last two remaining goals for this season hinges on me not throwing an interception against the tough Seattle secondary. :( My fumble woes continue as the game coughed up two of them for me. I am pretty sure I lead the league in fumbles at this point. Shame that the game has to compensate for me not turning the ball over much through ints!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Matrix said:
Dskillz,can you play tomorrow night? Anytime past 9 pm eastern would be good for me.

Just name your times or when you can play.

Tomorrow night is fine. I have to watch the Rox tonight.

Lonestar

"against the tough Seattle secondary"

Maybe thats why Fifty asked for Seatlle in S4...

Hmmmmmm :)

Ramirez

Seriously,take this game and shove it up your ass EA.

My last game with Matrix,I forfeit,let 50 in the playoffs,at least he will be having fun.

Oh and the Vikings are the most overrated POS team in the history of Madden.Michael Fucking Bennet couldn't get 245 yards rushing if his life depended on it.

Top Bottom