• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF 2010 Pro Starcraft Thread

Zzoram

Flash almost crying tears of joy as he pushes Jaedong's base

he even takes his hands off the keyboard while the game is still going to celebrate :lol

Zzoram

evlcookie said:
God damn flash. Amazing amazing amazing.

I think the pressure of potentially winning a golden mouse beat him in the OSL, not Effort, because Jaedong is a much better Zerg than Effort.

Zzoram

rhfb said:
I'm no expert or anything, but DAMN how many Hydras did he lose trying to blow that bunker up? Was that normal???

That bunker shouldn't have survived. It was a freak of nature that Flash got enough SCVs around it in time. Well actually, Flash pre-emptively stopped mining with his SCVs to get them ready to repair, so his response time was faster than usual. He also had a backup bunker beside the main one for his marines to run to if the main one went down.

Zzoram

LOL at Rekrul (rich poker player living in Korea after a failed attempt at progaming that is a long time big Teamliquid guy)

He bet on JD and these guys bet on Flash:

Booked action so far:
huameng 200$ (FTP dtmeng)
xxjondxx 500$ (FTP shipitobv)
exalted 300$ (PS exalted1)
gds 100$ (PS arnet75)
chill 100$ (pending)
pinda 100$ (PS mg.pinda)
AraqirG 500$ (FTP whoisdaman)
rainkhan 10000$ (live)
caucasianasian 50$ (PS w*******b)
artosis 2papers + 19.99$ (live)
tcdynasty 100$ (PS all3nvan)
tenbagger 200$ (PS tenbagger)
edzwoo 100$ (FTP AntiRake_com)
vivi57 100$ (FTP Freyas Spirit)
smuft 2000$ (live)
honest 500$ (FTP youngdrew28)
KimTaeYeon 150$ (PS Apple Is A)
slog 500$ (PS)
akevin 300$ (PS Akevin87)

Rekrul loses $15850

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
LOL at Rekrul (rich poker player living in Korea after a failed attempt at progaming that is a long time big Teamliquid guy)

He bet on JD and these guys bet on Flash:

Booked action so far:

Rekrul loses $15850
Explain/link?

I know a lot of people on TL also do high stakes pokerstars/liquidpoker w/e but is there a thread? I searched and didn't find one.
Zzoram said:
That bunker shouldn't have survived. It was a freak of nature that Flash got enough SCVs around it in time. Well actually, Flash pre-emptively stopped mining with his SCVs to get them ready to repair, so his response time was faster than usual. He also had a backup bunker beside the main one for his marines to run to if the main one went down.
He also positioned it so he could get 14 SCV's repairing at once.

Chris R

Zzoram said:
It looked like he had no problem ranging the SDs and Barracks :| Like I said, I'm not even close to being decent in SC2, let alone SC1 so I don't really know. Would there have been any point in destroying those then and then pushing like he was with mass hydras? I mean it looked like he had TOTAL control until trying to destroy that single bunker :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hazaro said:
How's winning vs flash going? oh wait.
mt5ziq.jpg

its all good.

Zzoram

rhfb said:
It looked like he had no problem ranging the SDs and Barracks :| Like I said, I'm not even close to being decent in SC2, let alone SC1 so I don't really know. Would there have been any point in destroying those then and then pushing like he was with mass hydras? I mean it looked like he had TOTAL control until trying to destroy that single bunker :lol

He wanted to break in before the first tank with siege was ready. If he sat back poking at the other buildings, the delay would mean siege mode and a tank could be ready to greet him. Also, SCVs could've repaired those buildings too, to slow their destruction, buying yet more time for Flash to have siege tanks ready.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
After this match, the head-to-head record is now 16-15 in favor of Flash. Jaedong still has more Starleague titles (3 OSL's, 2 MSL's) compared to Flash (2 OSL's, 1 MSL). This rivalry is so awesome. :D

Zzoram

Judderman said:
After this match, the head-to-head record is now 16-15 in favor of Flash. Jaedong still has more Starleague titles (3 OSL's, 2 MSL's) compared to Flash (2 OSL's, 1 MSL). This rivalry is so awesome. :D

Flash was denied a golden mouse last week, Jaedong was denied a golden badge this week.

NaDa remains the historically most successful player by being the only one to have a golden mouse and a golden badge. However, Broodwar's life will end with Flash and Jaedong as it's greatest players ever.

Zzoram

Hazaro said:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/rekrul

Looks like rekrul updated it to a max of $500 per person.

Still down $4,000 :lol

No, it's only a max of $500 per person if he doesn't know you in real life. The bets bigger than $500 are all labelled (live) so he knows them IRL.

Rekrul is down $15850

Rekrul said:
15850 bad beat

game 3 i was screaming '1 time kim jong il' cuz i knew a mere power outage would have resulted in the game being given to flash anyways i needed artillery on seoul

:lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
No, it's only a max of $500 per person if he doesn't know you in real life. The bets bigger than $500 are all labelled (live) so he knows them IRL.

Rekrul is down $15850
Damn

artosis 2papers + 19.99$ (live)

I find this the funniest.

Brilliant showing by Flash after choking away his golden mouse, even if Jaedong did look...off. I was pretty surprised that he didn't just opt for early ling pressure after seeing Flash go 14 CC twice, but on the other hand I'm shocked that Flash managed to survive that attempted hydra bust. I think Jaedong sorta just fell apart after it failed and went on autopilot suiciding those hydras into tanks. But I don't want to take anything away from Flash, that was some awesome play

smh @ all the butthurt Jaedong fanboys on TL crying about imbalance :lol

Zzoram

Hazaro said:
I find this the funniest.

I have no idea what 2papers even means. I do know that Rekrul has won thousands from betting on other Starcraft games so I'm sure he was overdue for a loss.

Smuft, who bet $2000, is also a rich poker player in Korea.

Zzoram

OptimoPeach said:
Brilliant showing by Flash after choking away his golden mouse, even if Jaedong did look...off. I was pretty surprised that he didn't just opt for early ling pressure after seeing Flash go 14 CC twice, but on the other hand I'm shocked that Flash managed to survive that attempted hydra bust. I think Jaedong sorta just fell apart after it failed and went on autopilot suiciding those hydras into tanks. But I don't want to take anything away from Flash, that was some awesome play

smh @ all the butthurt Jaedong fanboys on TL crying about imbalance :lol

It takes a godly player like Flash to be able to make Jaedong fall apart. Anyone else playing 14CC against 3hatch before pool Jaedong would more often than not lose.

Zzoram

Not that it's big, but apparently there is another $50 Rekrul has to pay out that the forgot to add to the list. The guy already sent him the money to hold before the games started so Rekrul is paying the guy his money.

$15900 lost

I think part of Jaedong's unwillingness to tech switch was because of Flash's savage pushes in games one and two-he might have thought "well, if I don't get this done, I'm going to be way behind, and while I try to expand/drone Flash is going to show up with a huge army out of nowhere and kill me". Since, you know, that's generally what Flash does and Jaedong had no idea how many production facilities Flash had made (he was on four fac there at the end I think).

He should have backed off after seeing 2 tanks w/ siege mode. There's no way to really crack that wall at that point without it being an army trade slightly favoring Terran.

As for the repeated 14cc openings, it was a direct counter to Jaedong's 3 hatch before pool build he used in the last MSL (against Flash's 11rax into FE) mixed with the big macro map nature of all the maps involved.

K.Sabot

Post a bump to ask: Are there any leagues going on during the summer months? They're my best times to watch them live.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Click v

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=140768

Watch here:

http://www.livestream.com/mystlord
or
www.tv.zeroboy.net/mystlord (Semi English translation in chat)

http://tv.zeroboy.net/kentor
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=Grobyc

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/userstream.php?user=konadora

Format: Team sends someone to play. First to 4 (Best of 7).

Maps:
Set 1: New Heartbreak Ridge
Set 2: Polaris Rhapsody
Set 3: Fortress
Set 4: Grand Line SE
Set 5: Match Point
Set 6: Judgment Day
Set 7: Fighting Spirit

What to expect:
Strong Terran showing from KT (Flash and ForGG) vs SK T1's Zerg and Protoss (Bisu, S2)

281x0yh.jpg

13zofac.jpg

30igvf9.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Awesome!

When will we start seeing SC2 stuff? In the coming months i take it?

Also just noticed they are on a beach, wtf? :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Was that early cheese attempt in original SC with the barracks?

Also, he won i with like 6 units. It's so strange watching this and comparing it to my SC2 games, 6 units would get me no freaking where :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yup Canata was cheesing someone better than him.
Good times.

Even saw a proxy supply :lol

*GO CHINTOSS BREAK BISU WITH YOUR CHIN :lol
**Stats is Yellow, Bisu is Red

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ForGG vs Best. Shirt throwing. :lol
Temptest vs S2. Shirt throwing. :lol :lol

Surprised how fit they were personally for kids who play SC for 10+ hours a day.

Fantasy vs Hoejja (TvZ) should be a good match as well. Wonder if Fantasy will play non-standard or not.
e8ocd2.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
evlcookie said:
These games are going forever.

So that makes it 2-2 or i've lost count because i'm so tired :lol
It's
3-2

Fantasy vs HoeJJa was a fun game to watch, lots of action and good play from both with a bit of a misstep from the loser at the end.

Also Flash vs Hyuk is next so I think the series will turn out
4-2 KT

Hyuk: vT: 13-25 (34.21%)

Flash: vZ: 106-45 (70.20%)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Excellent game in Flash vs Hyuk. Hyuk showing that he still only knows how to win using mutas, but can do it damn well :lol

Flash of course is still a hacker at Starcraft.

Mumei

I really, really, really hope some of you watched the first Bigfile MSL Semifinal match of
Flash vs Fantasy
, because it was some of the best individual TvT games I've ever seen and one of the best five game sets I've seen in a long, long time.

So good.

Top Bottom