• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF 2010 Pro Starcraft Thread

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Seriously. Flash sees the mutalisks move up instead of left?
Fucking scan. Gonna elevator troops, scan.

Such crisp timing and decision making from Flash. And multi-tasking of course.
Hero marine + medic killing a lurker and 2 mutas was funny too. :lol

Zzoram

Effort started with a HUGE advantage too. He got 2 expansions as early as possible, and even defended and killed most of Flash's army when he tried to kill the closer expansion. Then, somehow he managed to fail to capitalize on that and lost badly to pressure from every direction.

Zzoram said:
wow Effort is playing mad greedy, took 2 expansions before his spawning pool :lol

Wasn't that the build Jaedong used three times in the Nate MSL finals?

Anyway Eff0rt sort of pooped the bed there. I mean, he:

a) Got away with an incredibly greedy opening.
b) Fended off the sunken bust at 9 due to Flash's MnM mismicro.

Didn't matter though, EE HAN SCANNING and that slip up where he flew mutas over that group of +1 marines and wound up greater spire'ing into absolutely nothing.

Then again, just how many drones did Effort lose at the push at 9 (where Flash wiped his army) combined with all the sunken colonies he build at 9 and his natural? Going three hatch before pool gets you extra drones. but if you wind up losing a bunch just to hang on it's might not have been such a big factor after all.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zzoram said:
Effort started with a HUGE advantage too. He got 2 expansions as early as possible, and even defended and killed most of Flash's army when he tried to kill the closer expansion. Then, somehow he managed to fail to capitalize on that and lost badly to pressure from every direction.
Yeah I felt it was looking bad for Flash when his first push failed to do anything (killing sunkens and losing your force is bad news) and Effort had his 3 bases running (with gas).
evlcookie said:
What the heck at the singing on the kentor stream :lol
:lol

Zzoram

Pandaman said:
nope, defiantly a map hack.

lets not act like it was run of the mill. :p twas pretty impressive to drop 100 energy like that and get it right.

It's been verified now that he saw them earlier, the replay showed that his first scan before pushing out (normal in the timing before science vessels) he saw the lurkers at the edge of the scan, that's why he went up instead of left, to avoid them, but I guess he got enough energy again so he decided to go back and kill them with a 2nd scan.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Zzoram said:
It was roughly the timing for lurkers to be out, and the mutas appeared to be trying to bait him to change direction.
nope, defiantly a map hack.

lets not act like it was run of the mill. :p twas pretty impressive to drop 100 energy like that and get it right.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Run of the mill for Flash.

Game 3 starting. Effort sweating like... someone not used to the atmosphere.

Zzoram

wowow flash is so gonna lose this game, he recklessly lost his early marines, there won't be enough to defend when mutas come

Neckbeard

That was some awesome muta micro in the second game. I'm also glad they're playing The Almost rather than that wretched k-pop.

[edit] Do I mean the third game? I've got no clue what's going on!!! :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
REVERSE KILL

Appropriate counter from Effort. Dunno what to say. ggs

Now awkward flower holding, giant checks, and confetti await.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
1AM Saturday PST [ MSL Grand Finals ]
[Number 1 vs Number 2]

Hana Daetoo MSL Grand Finals: (T)Flash vs (Z)Jaedong
Saturday, May 29th, 2010: 1700 KST / 1000 CEST / 0400 EDT / 0100 PDT

<<Maps>>
Set 1: Triathlon
Set 2: Odd-Eye 2
Set 3: Match Point
Set 4: Fighting Spirit
Set 5: Triathlon

Main thread [STREAM LINKS WILL BE IN THIS THREAD AT THE BOTTOM]:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127914

[URL="http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=127898"]Clash of the Titans

Progamer Predictions

Jaedong Pre-Match Interview

Flash Pre-Match Interview

1z2q7vs.jpg
[/URL]
24myhe0.jpg

WHY AND WHERE ARE YOU WATCHIGN STARCRAFT?!
Last week was here:

taswfo.jpg

This week is here:

2qdn8u0.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Zzoram said:
I am so pumped, I bought beef jerky to eat while watching.
i broke out a solid chocolate bunny and a bag of chips.

health be damned, its summer! ill walk it off.

Top Bottom