• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Miguel

Regardless, you beat Bob and none of this matters. Don't choke!

p1_manning.jpg

a_manning_frt.jpg

Mrbob

Here is the deal.

It was a defensive play. I got hit and the ball flailed in the air, I wasn't gonna take an INT so I went defensive to knock the ball down and he caught it. I was tackled at the 15 so I didn't score a TD. I scored a couple plays later.

AFTER..

on the first play i ran away from his RB twice and gave wellington a 50 yard run. Tit for tat. He got down to my 15 on that run. I, however, stopped him from scoring and he got a fg.

Case closed.

He also threw an INT which I returned for a td. I was ready for his blitz the entire time and burned him for doing so. So I don't want to hear any crying or drama. I kicked his ass 34-6, gave him his yards back. I was the much better player this game and deserved the win. Too bad wellington had to use that play as a scape goat, because I dominated that game from start to finish.

BirdBomb

Banned
Mrbob said:
Here is the deal.

It was a defensive play. I got hit and the ball flailed in the air, I wasn't gonna take an INT so I went defensive to knock the ball down and he caught it. I was tackled at the 15 so I didn't score a TD. I scored a couple plays later.

AFTER..

on the first play i ran away from his RB twice and gave wellington a 50 yard run. Tit for tat. He got down to my 15 on that run. I, however, stopped him from scoring and he got a fg.

Case closed.

He also threw an INT which I returned for a td. I was ready for his blitz the entire time and burned him for doing so. So I don't want to hear any crying or drama. I kicked his ass 34-6, gave him his yards back. I was the much better player this game and deserved the win. Too bad wellington had to use that play as a scape goat, because I dominated that game from start to finish.

Doesn't matter. the rule states no manual catches. only defending an INT. That means hitting the defender when he gets the ball, or SWATTING at the ball. That doesn't mean catching the ball.

You gave him 2 free runs? WOW. If you hadn't cheated, you wouldn't have scored, and nothing after that would have happened.

Fact is, your little cheater manual catched changed the game for wrong reason. Good job bullshitting your way into the playoff race.

Mrbob

Yeah you wanted the easy way out I see. Well you aren't going to get it and will have to earn your playoff spot.

You also misread what I said. I gave him the yards back that I had received. It isn't my fault he couldn't cash in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Here is the deal.

AFTER..

Case closed.

:lol

You GAVE me a long run?

Holmes, 126 yards, 16 attempts, 43 yard long. 83 yards on the 15 other attempts is actually pretty good too. Face it, you blitzed and it backfired, I broke the run, and you controlled the safety across the other side of the field to tackle me. You didn't give me anything. It just shows how guilty you were.

The ball did not flail into the air in the play in question. Want proof? Hines Ward, 4 receptions, 54 yard, 5 YAC, 33 yard long reception.

Assume he got the 5 yards on the illegal play. Ben "flailed" the ball 28 yards? Right. :lol

Maybe you missed it too, but on the int return for TD, I was pulling all my guys back to give you the lane. You have a pretty funny memory.

Whatever though, you win, I lose, you so totally kicked my ass when it counted, oh man I am in pain. My playoff hopes are in jeopardy. :(

PS: FYI, I usually don't run straight up blitzes, but if you want to think that that's how you pwned me, go right ahead.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
PS2 VERSION SUCKS,I GOT ONE GAME LEFT,ME FTW OVER ALL YOU PLAYOFF FUCKERS!

Mrbob

I only blitzed once the entire game. CK, I did give you that but you are being too stubborn. You're just embarrassed I kicked your ass and am using this as a scape goat. That's fine, but we both know I dominated that entire game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
I only blitzed once the entire game. CK, I did give you that but you are being too stubborn. You're just embarrassed I kicked your ass and am using this as a scape goat. That's fine, but we both know I dominated that entire game.

Did you run the Colts O on him? The 50 audibles a play or is that only always saved for me!

BirdBomb

Banned
Mrbob said:

If by dominate you mean cheat, then yeah, looks like you dominated the game top to bottom.

BirdBomb

Banned
Matrix said:
Did you run the Colts O on him? The 50 audibles a play or is that only always saved for me!

Are you refering to ME, or the real colts?

if you're refering to me, then again, another person whom has yet to play me making assumptions....i love it.

If not, only for you would be the answer :D

BirdBomb

Banned
This'll all be settled tonight if bob would get his damned stats in. I have hella school next week, finals studying and whatnot, plus looking for a job, so NO MADDEN TIME :( gotta get it in early.

Matrix

BirdBomb said:
Are you refering to ME, or the real colts?

if you're refering to me, then again, another person whom has yet to play me making assumptions....i love it.

If not, only for you would be the answer :D

WTF are you talking about...I was talking to Bob and about the real Colts,I have no desire to play you or your bro :)

Birdbomb,despite what Bob did,he usually always plays legit,manual catch or not you dont have to call him that.Sometimes people makes mistakes playing the game,shit I know Ive made a few bad judgement calls during some of the past seasons,but Bob isnt a cheater and Ive played him a ton.

BirdBomb

Banned
Matrix said:
WTF are you talking about...I was talking to Bob and about the real Colts,I have no desire to play you or your bro :)

Birdbomb,despite what Bob did,he usually always plays legit,manual catch or not you dont have to call him that.Sometimes people makes mistakes playing the game,shit I know Ive made a few bad judgement calls during some of the past seasons,but Bob isnt a cheater and Ive played him a ton.

Yeah, i know he's not a cheater. I just don't think it's right that he fucks the game up with an "against the rules" play, gets a chance at the playoffs, and brags that he dominated the game...

I have respect for bob, he's a good baller, got me good last year. This whole situation is screwing my chance at the playoffs. If anyone else were in my shoes, they'd be mad too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:

Yeah I know, guys relax, Bob pwned the shit outta me and I needed a scapegoat so I blamed that play. :lol :lol :lol

Matrix

Id rather be in your shoes than sitting with a 2-13 record,having to type in 13 seperate games full of stats for losses.

edit- Did I just end the DRAMA? thats a first :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Just by way of announcement... there will be no replay of Birdbomb's game with me. Game stands as played, and Seahawks are now finally eliminated from the playoffs.

Matrix

The Bobster won :eek:

BirdBomb

Banned
Bah...i can't believe that game.

99.9% of bob's passes were over the middle to Wilson, whom somehow burned Mike Doss, Bob Sanders, and Hutchinson EVERY time.

twice, 4th and 15+ in MY territory, bob goes for it(wtf). Both times, he gets it(bigger wtf).

4th down, -1:00 left, i throw an out to Stokely, i jam'd UP on the analog to throw it high. Not only does the ball go low, but his LB jumps high enough so that even if it were high, he would have defelcted it. Ball bounces off his stomach, game over.

I still maintain my believe that bob and wellington's game should be replayed. No tell what happens if bob doesn't get the AGAINST THE RULES, manual catch. There's gotta be some punishment for that...i can't say it lost the playoffs for me, but it helped.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BirdBomb said:
Bah...i can't believe that game.

99.9% of bob's passes were over the middle to Wilson, whom somehow burned Mike Doss, Bob Sanders, and Hutchinson EVERY time.

twice, 4th and 15+ in MY territory, bob goes for it(wtf). Both times, he gets it(bigger wtf).

4th down, -1:00 left, i throw an out to Stokely, i jam'd UP on the analog to throw it high. Not only does the ball go low, but his LB jumps high enough so that even if it were high, he would have defelcted it. Ball bounces off his stomach, game over.

I still maintain my believe that bob and wellington's game should be replayed. No tell what happens if bob doesn't get the AGAINST THE RULES, manual catch. There's gotta be some punishment for that...i can't say it lost the playoffs for me, but it helped.

Its the Colts curse buddy. We told you!

Matrix

" I lost an important game..what else is new"
051218_litke_manning_hmed5p.h2.jpg

Matrix

BirdBomb said:
Colts curse, assisted by Bob cheating.

If there's a season 4...i will have my revenge....i swear it.

You wont have revenge with Manning if we do have another season.

The Curse will live on ... with me!

swing low... sweet... chariot...

thats a hell of a situation you got up there ladies! i don't think there is going to be a replay of the bob/ck game for a couple reasons. first off, the game was a blowout from what i can see. secondly, birdbomb would you have complained if CK won on a "manual" catch and got you into the playoffs? would you have been demanding a replay then? point being if bob says it was in defense of a pass, whether it was a lame duck or not, then so be it. you can blame not getting into the playoffs (assuming mig beats the giants) on CK losing to bob, but you could also blame it on one of your 7 losses, including the last one to bob. bob isn't getting into the playoffs either, and im sure he had plenty of "bad breaks".

the problem with the manual catch is that it is tough to enforce when you are playing defense with it. that is why i said "this one is tricky". if it came on the last play of the game and was the winning TD (why would you be playing D on the last play of the game you were going to lose anyways?) i would have issue with it. but in a blowout on a questionable play there isn't much i can do or say about it. GIVE US SPECTATOR MODE EA!

p.s. the curse lives, just like i told you bird! JUST LIKE I TOLD YOU!!!!!!

Miguel

ASSUME NOTHING!

I will not get lulled into this trap game. The next game is VERY important! I must gameplan against the Giants!

Rorschach

When do you want to play our meaningless, sham of a game, Archaix?

Oh, look, only one team made it over 2000 yards rushing so far! Take that, people with top 5 backs!

[edit] I'll take over the giants. >:D >:D >:D

archaix where is your bro? the balance of the playoffs depends on him! we may have to have a replacement player... which i would choose :D

but honestly i'd prefer he play his own games.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
No, he's still around. I'm scheduled to play him tomorrow. However, I can't guarantee what information he'll have coming into his game against Mig. ;)

Matrix

YES 2-14 FINISH!

Thanks for giving me a fun game to end the season on Dm....4 total passes *sigh*

That game seriously sucked all flavors of ass,thank god this is all over with for me.

Miguel

DMczaf doesn't know it yet, but we've replaced his regular quarterback, with a sack of potatoes. Let's see if he notices!

dmpotatoes.jpg

S. Potatoes 11 yards, 2comp/3att, 1 sack, 7 long

Top Bottom