• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Add Jamal Lewis to the list of runners id like to kill

Currently on the list:

Rudi Johnson
Jamal Lewis

my impression of both runners:

"Uh Oh! There is a defender in the backfield? Im just gonna have to break 3 tackles because of that and march to the endzone!"

Boy if this game actually mattered in my playoff chances i would have been MAD!

GG anyway ando. Atleast i got another pick for dawkins :lol :lol :lol

Andokuky

Banned
Wow why can't this shit team play like that every week? For once my line blocks and Boller only threw one bullshit pass nowhere near where I intended (and of course it's picked). But wow Lewis had 2-3 plays where he would usually just bend over and take a 3 yard loss but instead broke the tackle and gained some yards, incredible :D

CB3

Andokuky said:
Wow why can't this shit team play like that every week? For once my line blocks and Boller only threw one bullshit pass nowhere near where I intended (and of course it's picked). But wow Lewis had 2-3 plays where he would usually just bend over and take a 3 yard loss but instead broke the tackle and gained some yards, incredible :D

Gotta work on that Pass D of yours buddy. i burned you with McNabb and McMahon.

Hey i gotta take something away from this loss :)

Andokuky

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Gotta work on that Pass D of yours buddy. i burned you with McNabb and McMahon.

Hey i gotta take something away from this loss :)

Yea but I burned you with Boller. I win :lol

We both got some lucky catches though. I got 2 fucking deflections all game and my guys were always all over your WR's. They just didn't want to touch it or something.

CB3

Andokuky said:
Yea but I burned you with Boller. I win :lol

We both got some lucky catches though. I got 2 fucking deflections all game and my guys were always all over your WR's. They just didn't want to touch it or something.

That was a fluke!
Thats only cause i was jumping every play like it was a run cause of that bastard Jamal Lewis. As well as throwing 1000 different blitz's in an effort to even try and contain that fucker.

And i swear somewhere my Cb's were blowing coverage. I knew where you were going halfd the time and i put people there to stop it yet somehow Heap was wide open most of the time

Andokuky

Banned
Yes this game was a fluke. I expect Boller to start overthrowing people by 10 yards again and Lewis to start being knocked down for 2 yard losses by the wind in my finale versus the Bengals. I am also garaunteeing Rudi Johnson will not get more than 50 yards and no more than 50 broken tackles.

SickBoy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sickboy is MIA!!!

Yes. Yes he is.

Need times for you and DM. I might be able to play a little later tonight, but I can't commit for sure. My schedule is similar tomorrow and Wednesday: Not back until after 10:30 p.m. MT at least. Up late.

THursday Friday I'm off, but hopefully I'll be able to get those games in earlier.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn i have to go back to work tomorrow, my vacation is over! i'm so depressed :(

246411.jpg

DMczaf

Chargers are the cheapest fucking team I have ever seen in my entire life. That is all.

PS

broke.jpg

Im sending bills out to people for these PS2 controllers!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Chargers are the cheapest fucking team I have ever seen in my entire life. That is all.

Did you throw at all? >_<

Antonio Gates Vs. Redskins: 1 Catch, 0 Yards

gg sickboy, you had some horrible luck. i don't know if you saw it, but you had a PA play in the 2nd quarter where i totally bit and sent my D to the run, leaving mccardell open by about 30 yards downfield. you ended up dumping it off to neal for a 15 yard gain, but my heart stopped when i saw him running free.

that was fortunate, and then the muffed punt return. it was a big defensive struggle up until that point. i couldn't pass at all, but portis was doing well. i felt like i was incredibly lucky to not have each and every one of my incompletions intercepted, cause they probably all should have been.

SickBoy

Heh.. GG DM, the difference for me is that the Jets D is a pale comparison of the Bucs D. I won't deny that the Madden server decided to light a fire under LT, though :)

FMT... GG. Didn't think I'd get the sweep on you, but a frustrating way to lose. WTF was up with that kickoff (never mind the muffed punt), I'll never know. And in my mind, I think the awful first quarter benefited you and your deeper experience over me. If I hadn't adopted this "these things happen" perspective, my controller would look like DM's right now ;)

But those are all excuses... really what cost me the game was that early play in the second half. One bad playcall, one 75-yard run for Portis.

SickBoy

Yeah, those tipped passes. All to the stone hands of my defenders. That sort of game for my team. :)

And I did see McCardell... after I threw the ball. :( There were probably four or five instances where I thought I had a play and the pressure came just on time, the defender made a great play, or some other excuse :) I really should have tried to force a couple more to Gates, though. He was well-covered, but that's no excuse :)

i wasn't trying to cheese you with that squib kick, but i was terrified of that quick son of a bitch returner of yours all game. even though most of the time you downed it in the endzone i was still wary. again, wasn't trying to get an onsides or anything, i dont know why your idiot guy right by the ball didn't pick it up.

you also almost broke a few runs w/ tomlinson, but i always tripped him up right before he was about to bust loose.

SickBoy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wasn't trying to cheese you with that squib kick, but i was terrified of that quick son of a bitch returner of yours all game. even though most of the time you downed it in the endzone i was still wary. again, wasn't trying to get an onsides or anything, i dont know why your idiot guy right by the ball didn't pick it up.

you also almost broke a few runs w/ tomlinson, but i always tripped him up right before he was about to bust loose.

No, I know you weren't, although I have no idea why no one on my team seemed to realize the ball was in play. As much as I think I lost fair and square, I believe it is now my duty to complain about my horrible luck and how lame you are for kicking that, and the lag.. ohhh the lag... and somewhere in there I've got to whine about how I've been cheated out of a playoff berth.

Boo-urns!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ColdBlooded33 said:
Eagles Make the playoffs! WOO!

I'll take one thing out of this season,I beat a playoff team! whoooooo *goes back to playing MLB*

Miguel

AFC Playoff seeding

CK
-has clinched home field in the first round
-can clinch a first round bye with a KC win (1 game left) OR any Panthers (3 games left) loss

Wasabi
-has clinched home field in the first round
-can clinch a first round bye with 3 Panthers wins AND 1 KC loss

Mig
-is firmly planted in the Wildcard spot

Hito gets two chances to play spoiler against Wasabi! Try as he might, he couldn't spoil my season though! MWAHAHA :(

NFC Playoff seeding

FMT
-has clinched first round bye

DM
-has clinched first round home field

CB33
-firmly planted in the wildcard spot

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I beat Mig, Mig beats Archaix's bro, but Archaix' bro beats me. I spent most of the game throwing out plays that are designed to exploit his constantly pinched D line and my O line decides not to block. I throw into single coverage and it gets picked. I shut down his running game but then he'll get the pass for the first down.

What the hell? FMT cursed my division, I swear. :(

BTW, I'm not putting in player stats anymore because it's all moot! Too much work for a losing season.

Miguel

Hitokage said:
I beat Mig, Mig beats Archaix's bro, but Archaix' bro beats me. I spent most of the game throwing out plays that are designed to exploit his constantly pinched D line and my O line decides not to block. I throw into single coverage and it gets picked. I shut down his running game but then he'll get the pass for the first down.

What the hell? FMT cursed my division, I swear. :(

BTW, I'm not putting in player stats anymore because it's all moot! Too much work for a losing season.

Quitter!

*waits for Coach Hyde reaction*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I just want to say I DID NOT run up the score. Who am I to deny a man paydirt if he has a clear field!?

It was three DTDs and the two wide as hell open rushing TDs that did it.

Miguel

YOU DON'T SCARE ME!

Do you know who my coach is? He scares me more than you ever will!

simms_300.jpg

WHAT DID YOU SAY CHRIS?!
Nothing sir!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wellington said:
I just want to say I DID NOT run up the score. Who am I to deny a man paydirt if he has a clear field!?

It was three DTDs and the two wide as hell open rushing TDs that did it.

Don't forget the time my players forgot that the field was more than ten yards long and all of your receivers ran untouched towards the endzone. I mean...I wasn't the Browns! Who are you? Get off my porch! Damned kids!

CB3

Miguel said:
Jesus fuck, Dawkins was a beast in the 2nd half of the season. 13 INTs in 8 games. Phillips am cry.

:) Alot those were user picks also so im pretty proud.

Miguel

ColdBlooded33 said:
:) Alot those were user picks also so im pretty proud.

User picks are the greatest thing in this game. I swear. The feeling of seeing "USER PICK" is almost as good as winning! ALMOST!

Phillips admits defeat, and but vows to win the postseason INT title!

CB3

Yup, especially when you recognize someone using the same play many times *cough splitback formation RB runs out and in back to middle for completion cough* and make the sweet pick to stop that BS

Miguel

ColdBlooded33 said:
Yup, especially when you recognize someone using the same play many times *cough splitback formation RB runs out and in back to middle for completion cough* and make the sweet pick to stop that BS

Been playing the Giants? :p

Matrix

Miguel said:
User picks are the greatest thing in this game. I swear. The feeling of seeing "USER PICK" is almost as good as winning! ALMOST!

Phillips admits defeat, and but vows to win the postseason INT title!

I had two against Ck,that made my season.

CB3

The one that is most clear in my mind is a team (dont recall) that i played against that was throwing it in the flats a bunch of times. And i just let it roll like that until the 4th where i started have someone covering the flats. 2:00 left in the forth and one of my defenders goes up and grabs the flat pass and runs it back 25 or so yards for a TD. The ones that you plan like that feel so great.

Miguel

ColdBlooded33 said:
The one that is most clear in my mind is a team (dont recall) that i played against that was throwing it in the flats a bunch of times. And i just let it roll like that until the 4th where i started have someone covering the flats. 2:00 left in the forth and one of my defenders goes up and grabs the flat pass and runs it back 25 or so yards for a TD. The ones that you plan like that feel so great.

:lol

I think we need to talk more, we seem to have a real similar defensive mindset. :lol

I do the same thing, it's so awesome when you finally have set someone up enough that they think a certain play/type of play will work over and over...and you know it's coming, and you execute...and then it's just you and the endzone!

CB3

Miguel said:
:lol

I think we need to talk more, we seem to have a real similar defensive mindset. :lol

I do the same thing, it's so awesome when you finally have set someone up enough that they think a certain play/type of play will work over and over...and you know it's coming, and you execute...and then it's just you and the endzone!

:lol :lol :lol The Great Bait and Jump! I love doing that to people. As soon as i pull one of those and i see the other player put it to where i want it, its just like "GOTCHA BITCH! HAH!"

Top Bottom