• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Madden Season 7 League Thread: I love's me some jump passing!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol :lol :lol The Great Bait and Jump! I love doing that to people. As soon as i pull one of those and i see the other player put it to where i want it, its just like "GOTCHA BITCH! HAH!"

:lol :lol :lol

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
The one that is most clear in my mind is a team (dont recall) that i played against that was throwing it in the flats a bunch of times. And i just let it roll like that until the 4th where i started have someone covering the flats. 2:00 left in the forth and one of my defenders goes up and grabs the flat pass and runs it back 25 or so yards for a TD. The ones that you plan like that feel so great.
I did that my second game against a certain Texas team that shall remain nameless. I faked by using my usual run coverage. Got 2 ints off that..and a few dropped balls because my guys suck at catching. Also, anyone that wants to know how to easily beat mig, talk to me on irc!

Miguel

Rorschach said:
I did that my second game against a certain Texas team that shall remain nameless. I faked by using my usual run coverage. Got 2 ints off that..and a few dropped balls because my guys suck at catching. Also, anyone that wants to know how to easily beat mig, talk to me on irc!

162970.jpg

"Every play they've run, we ran in practice"

playoffs are up! some notes:

* PLEASE PARTICIPATE IN THE PREDICTION POLLS WHETHER YOU ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS OR NOT! IT WILL BE FUNNY TO LOOK BACK AT HOW WRONG EVERYONE IS!

* Teams with remaining games: Play them as soon as you can, but playoff games take precedence. I advanced to the playoffs because none of the remaining games have an effect on seeding.

* Enjoy!

Mrbob

Wellington and FMT, if you were real men you wouldn't hide behind your first round byes and play a 4th seed in the first round. :D

Mrbob

I detect the distinct taste of fear from that response. It is the final madden season until 07 starts, lets roll the dice and see what happens! Unless, of course, you are too scared to take on sickboy again. :D

:lol

everyone knew the playoff format from the beginning. im not changing it cause you got beatup by the seachickens and colts :D

p.s. and yes i am scared to play sickboy again

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wouldn't be scared to pwn the shit out of you Bob, but that will have to be in an exhibition game, as you need practice for next season. I hear it will be easier to bait CBs off of routes this time. :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DMczaf said:
Chaddy P. is ready to throw all over you! 7, maybe even 8 passes if he's feeling lucky!

Gimme a half an hour or so. im gonna grab something to eat first

DMczaf

Pass interference...

PASS INTERFERENCE!!!!

Jesus fucking christ....pass interference.

I feel like breaking something...

*goes outside*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
Pass interference...

PASS INTERFERENCE!!!!

Jesus fucking christ....pass interference.

I feel like breaking something...

*goes outside*

You cant expect a call when you throw the ball two times a game,refs dont know how to react when they see you lobbing one down field :p

DMczaf

Matrix said:

You cant expect a call when you throw the ball two times a game,refs dont know how to react when they see you lobbing one down field :p

No, it wasnt that it WASNT called. it was the fact that it was called

On 3rd down late in the game, Coldblooded overthrew his TE and when the ball was about 5-10 yards behind already so no chance to catch...but I hit stick him. According to the refs, if you touch a receiver even when the ball is on the ground, in the ref's hands, or after the game is over its called Pass Interference. Instead of 4th down and a punt, it turns into 1st down in the red zone.

Thats when I walked away before my PS2 controller caught the wrath of Madden.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:

On 3rd down late in the game, Coldblooded overthrew his TE and when the ball was about 5-10 yards behind already so no chance to catch...but I hit stick him. According to the refs, if you touch a receiver even when the ball is on the ground, in the ref's hands, or after the game is over its called Pass Interference. Instead of 4th down and a punt, it turns into 1st down in the red zone.

Shit thats even worse :lol

CB3

DMczaf said:

Yeah that ball was way overthrown. But then i saw your guy lay out LJ and i was like god damn they are gonna call that. Im surprised you didnt kill LJ on that one. you hit sticked him in the air and laid his ass out FLAT

*Fixed, Smart Asses :) *

Matrix

"Im surprised you didnt kill LJ on that one. you hit sticked him in the hair and laid his ass out FLAT"

Dm went for the hair,thats fucking uncalled for....good call ref!

CB3

To FMT:

scar36ii.jpg

So prepare for a chance of a lifetime
Be prepared for sensational news
A shining new era
Is tiptoeing nearer
And where do we feature?
Just listen to teacher

scarsings5wv.jpg

I know it sounds sordid
But you'll be rewarded
When at last I am given my dues
And injustice deliciously squared
Be prepared!

It's great that we'll soon be connected
With a king who'll be all-time adored

Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected
To take certain duties on board
The future is littered with prizes
And though I'm the main addressee
The point that I must emphasize is
You won't get a sniff without me!

So prepare for the coup of the century
(Oooh!)
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
(Oooh... La! La! La!)
Meticulous planning
(We'll have food!)
Tenacity spanning
(Lots of food)
Decades of denial
(We repeat)
Is simply why I'll
(Endless meat)
Be king undisputed
(Aaaaaaah...)
Respected, saluted
(...aaaaaaah...)
And seen for the wonder I am
(...aaaaaaah!)
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
(Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo)
Be prepared!

scarandhyenas1vo.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ColdBlooded33 said:
To FMT:

scar36ii.jpg

So prepare for a chance of a lifetime
Be prepared for sensational news
A shining new era
Is tiptoeing nearer
And where do we feature?
Just listen to teacher

scarsings5wv.jpg

I know it sounds sordid
But you'll be rewarded
When at last I am given my dues
And injustice deliciously squared
Be prepared!

It's great that we'll soon be connected
With a king who'll be all-time adored

Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected
To take certain duties on board
The future is littered with prizes
And though I'm the main addressee
The point that I must emphasize is
You won't get a sniff without me!

So prepare for the coup of the century
(Oooh!)
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
(Oooh... La! La! La!)
Meticulous planning
(We'll have food!)
Tenacity spanning
(Lots of food)
Decades of denial
(We repeat)
Is simply why I'll
(Endless meat)
Be king undisputed
(Aaaaaaah...)
Respected, saluted
(...aaaaaaah...)
And seen for the wonder I am
(...aaaaaaah!)
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
(Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo)
Be prepared!

scarandhyenas1vo.jpg

I know we here on GAF shun the use of gay as a deragotory term, but since I am the only mod in the Online forum, I think in this case.... That is the GAYEST thing I have ever seen. Holy shit man. :lol

Wellington said:
I know we here on GAF shun the use of gay as a deragotory term, but since I am the only mod in the Online forum, I think in this case.... That is the GAYEST thing I have ever seen. Holy shit man. :lol

Quoted for the mutha F-ing truth! :lol WORST POST EVER

CB3

Im in the NFC championship game, i can do whatever i damn well please!

Plus Lion King is about the only good disney movie in about 10 years, so respect

Plus its Jeremy Irons people.

Jeremy Irons!

CB3

Wellington said:

oh, and your begging for some HBK Pictures! Dont make me and DM bust them out!

Andokuky

Banned
I hate those bullshit PI calls, happens all the time when I play Birdshit offline. Usually he is trying to hit someone on an out route and the ball is already out of bounds and the play is already blown dead but I have already hit the analog stick. We don't even accept them because we know they are complete horsecrap.

SickBoy

I just realized that I was one call away from the bye... would've been the #1 seed had I not lost with :00 left to CB :(

Not as much to be proud of this season as last (the D was fine, opportunistic but nowhere near as good (in terms of yards-allowed stinginess) as its league-leading form from a year ago).

However, the Chargers are pleased to recognized Drew Brees, who was the league's top-rated passer with a sizeable chunk of room to spare.

Guess I'll be back in a couple of seasons (years, that is... mibbe Madden 08/09) :)

Miguel

DSC01231.jpg

Mark: Hey Jermaine, how does it feel to have so much time off between games?

"Well Mark, the game has been postponed indefinately, we're trying to plan out the logistics, but we're not making any progress"

Mark: How do you think you'll match up against the Panthers when you do get the game in?

"Well, as you may know, I had 11 INTs this year, although only one came against the Panthers, and that was in a loss, so I wasn't able to contribute enough to get us a victory in two of those games."

Mark: So, are you looking for a breakout game?

"Most definately, Mark. See you next week"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ha ha, I'm at work, and I can't see what ever you might have Posted BOB.

What did you post? I need it in 8 words or less.

Matrix

Treat Williams The Substitute 2 Schools Out

My comp at home is dead, so I'm going to have to hand over my Panthers to someone else. FMT, I don't know what the rules are with this, but I have preference as for the player who should take over my spot. If that choice is up to me, there's only one person I want out there. Let me know via PM or something. I will not have access this weekend, dear friend, so let me know today (Friday).

CB3

Who DEY! Who DEY! Who DEY think is gonna beat them eagles! WOO

GG FMT. You were THAT close to coming back. Those first Q fumbles killed you

BUST ON EM WESTBROOK!

westbrook_falcons.jpg

yeah it was a good game, but also a game that really pissed me off for the following reasons:

* 1st drive, 3rd and 11, lame duck floater to FB who is double covered, i go for the pick and apparently his guy is an all-world receiver cause he catches it between 2 people

* later in the draft, mcnabb throws off his back foot into my guys arms at the goalline, dropped

* my first drive portis is tackled by a cb and fumbles.

* 2nd half portis fumbles again

* westbrook fumbles and i have 4 guys there but NOPE HERES TRE THOMAS WITH THE RECOVERY!

anyways i was down 17 points with 4 minutes left, cut the lead to 3 with 1:30 left, and cb had the ball 3rd and 11, runs with mcnabb and none of my guys want to go after him so i have to race him to the first down line and try to hit stick him to cauuse a fumble, of course he kind of "spin" bounces off me and the hit stick does nothing, he gets the first and slides down.

i will finish by saying the PS2 servers are bullshit. we got disconnected 2 times, and only the 2nd time was CB or i actually booted off the server. we kept tally of the scores, the problem is it takes me completely out of the game when i have to reset the defense and so on. you can blame it on our connections and say "ive never had issues!", but that doesn't matter since it is the servers that suck balls.

all i know is that whenever i play CB it either lags or disconnects us for no reason (as we are both immediately back in the lobby).

i didn't have that type of problem on xbl :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That game was truly a tale of two halves. One in which Mig ran, passed, and defended effectively against a disorganized Panthers(great job there)... and another when I stepped it up on defense and stopped pretending I could run(blowing a 19-0 lead... not so great).

Top Bottom