• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL October thread - where fashion is sent to die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blah141

Wolf said:
I told a co-worker today there wouldn't be more than 4 goals tonight, was really expecting a close one...Instead Montreal dismantles the wheels Philly rode in on.

So the stage is set for Saturday, a red hot Hab squad vs the luke warm Leafs. As usual the game will probably be played outside time and space, where the Leafs play strong, hard, and get all sorts of breaks.

Ya think Huet is gonna start?, or Price...

Huet looked a little rusty tonight, with 3 posts, and that last goal was a little weak.

omg sean avery was sitting right next to me at the Rangers game and he impregnated 7 women just by looking at them best day of my life.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
sefskillz said:
i hate you and i hope foreclosure rates climb. gg chrysler

Wow :lol

blah141 said:
Ya think Huet is gonna start?, or Price...

Huet looked a little rusty tonight, with 3 posts, and that last goal was a little weak.

I'd go Price. It's been a while since Huet had a good game against the Leafs, ponarski and antropuff exploit his butterfly and pick his top corners far too easy.

SA-X

sefskillz said:
i hate you and i hope foreclosure rates climb. gg chrysler

im sorry i didn't mean it
God damn thats cutting a little close. :lol

Oh and Calder, a counter offer awaits.

Karakand

Tollefsen has 16 PIM on the season thus far.

He had 17 tonight.

106% lulz

Also OMG DUCKS WIN A SHOOTOUT WORLD COMING TO AN END OMGGGGGGGGG

P.S. Rick Nash, Real Canadian Hero is disgusting. He had 3 guys hanging on him and he managed to get a good shot off.

Karakand said:
Tollefsen has 16 PIM on the season thus far.

He had 17 tonight.

106% lulz

Also OMG DUCKS WIN A SHOOTOUT WORLD COMING TO AN END OMGGGGGGGGG

P.S. Rick Nash, Real Canadian Hero is disgusting. He had 3 guys hanging on him and he managed to get a good shot off.

Hey, I'll take a point! That was a great game! Nash is really starting to come into his own.

Karakand

Yeah, great game. Lots of end-to-end rushes. There was that one stretch in the third where they happened consecutively for like 5 minutes. :lol

well we've pretty much hit rock bottom.

if nonis doesn't get off his lazy ass and do something i'm going to riot. he has rode off the luongo trade long enough. isbister? ritchie? fuck off. this team needs scoring worse than i need to stop drinking.

fallout

TemplaerDude said:
where's the 'picard can't look' jpeg when you need it.
I'm here to please! :D

picard.png

TemplaerDude said:
well we've pretty much hit rock bottom.

if nonis doesn't get off his lazy ass and do something i'm going to riot. he has rode off the luongo trade long enough. isbister? ritchie? fuck off. this team needs scoring worse than i need to stop drinking.

Trade needs to happen fast.

Get rid of Morrison, he's good trade bait.

Same goes for Bieksa, the best trade bait we've got - period.

fallout

dem said:
I'd be having so much fun right now if the Oilers werent just as shitty as the Canucks..

:(
Ah, but not if they beat the Preds tomorrow night. Then they'll just be slightly less shitty.

Cold-Steel said:
Get rid of Morrison, he's good trade bait.
... for who? Toronto? ... if they hadn't run out of cap space?

Fifty

I miss the good ol' days with no salary cap..At least then the Leafs would lose with bigger names. Come back to us, Brian Leech

Manager

Some comments from the New York dressing room tonight, from Swedish press, the blog I mentioned earlier:
I sat outside of MSG Radio's little box above Gate 62, and was interviewed in the first break tonight.
Kind of nervous.
Specially as I saw that it was Dave Maloney himself that would do the interview. But I think it went OK - and Eken, who maliciously put on the MSG channel on his laptop to hear me break in open stage, disappointenly agree.
It was Maloney who had it more difficult.
- I'll fuck up this name, Aftonbladet, he sighed a couple of seconds before going out on air.
And then he did it.
MSG innocent listeners got to know that I work for Aftonbaudet.
Hm.
But he also said that Janne "the X" Erixon was one of the best players he even played with, so the legend is forgiven.

Henke breaks some kind of new record in dressing room business. When all other team mates has showered and put on the suits and is on their way to that satan damned backstage-elevator that goes slower than a Washington defender, he sits there with full equipment and answers about question of how it is to be the leagues best goalkeeper.

The equipment guy, "Beets", is close to having a breakdown.
And just as it start to lighten up and everybody think it's the swedish hillybillies left who will only ask their short questions, Swedish Television Ann-Britt Ryd Pettersson starts this years marathon interview.
Then "Beets" walks away and shakes his head in despair .
When PR-Sammy asks if he should help to break the interview, the well-mannered Lundqvist waives to not do it.
- It's cool, I can sleep here, he says.

Big headlines in Daily News yesterday:
"Gomez wants to be Nylander".
Well, I want to be Hemingway myself, but my 104 year old grandma use to say:
Wish in one hand and poo in the other. Then look which one of them you got the most in.
The 10 million dollar man who came through the Lincoln tunnel is so far a fiasco.

I tell Henke (Lundqvist, "Henke" is the swedish name for him btw) that Ros says HV71 (a swedish team) could go to the playoffs if they played in the NHL.
The king of New York looks shocked at me.
- He means here? In a small rink? that is to say I don't want to say something unneccessary....
Doesn't have to.
The look says it all.
Ros gone mad.

Stephen Valiquette, Rangers other goalkeeper, know Swedish.
- Hey there King, he screams when I'm slipping between the gear on the dressing room floor.
That's the phrase Henke has learned him and Valiquette says that he is forced to use it every morning when he meets the Blue-yellow star in the training rink.

A box of Göteborgs Rapé lies in the Washington dressing room ("snuff", a kind of Scandinavia only tobaco).
A little mystery, as neither Backstroom or Nylander snuff.
It's Ovechkins.
The russian star snuffs like a seaman - and he prefers Ljunglöfs from Sweden.

When the goalie trainer Benoit Allaire finally gets through to his Swedish novice to congratulate him, Henke says:
- Where's my brownie?
He gets, Allaire reveals, a brownie cookie each time he keep a clean sheet.
- That guy will weigh 200 kilo before the season is over if he keeps playing like this, the goalie coach grins.

dem said:
I'd be having so much fun right now if the Oilers werent just as shitty as the Canucks..

Well maybe now they can see how it felt for us last season, when we even had to call up guys like Bissalion from the freaking OHL to fill up our D-spots. I don't think we got any sympathy from all of those injuries, but more of the "Oilerz r teh sux". Even this season it seems like we are hit with the injury bug.

On a hockey related note, a friend of mine (also a boyfriend of one of my co-workers) was found guilty of his assault of a linesman last year...he's got a nice big photo on the front page of the Calgary Sun. Really nice guy, it is a shock to see how big of a news item this has become.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/2007/11/02/4625060-sun.html

Barrage

dem said:

I feel your pain. If it wasn't for Hagman's eventual Hart Trophy win, I would be furious.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Spezza extended, 7 years/49 million.

Jason Spezza has a new seven-year contract extension worth $49 million with the Ottawa Senators.

Spezza will get $8 million in each of the first five years of the contract and $5 million and $4 million, respectively, in the final two years. The cap hit will be $7 million per year for the Senators.

Like teammate Dany Heatley's new contract, there are provisions for a no-trade clause.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=221972&hubname=

calder

I just don't even know what I love most anymore.

13. Vancouver 13 5 8 0 10
14. Edmonton 13 5 8 0 10
15. Phoenix 10 4 6 0 8

What's more awesome, the Oilers embarrassing -12 goal differential or the Canucks chortle inducing 1-6-0 home record? :lol

dem

calder said:
I just don't even know what I love most anymore.

13. Vancouver 13 5 8 0 10
14. Edmonton 13 5 8 0 10
15. Phoenix 10 4 6 0 8

What's more awesome, the Oilers embarrassing -12 goal differential or the Canucks chortle inducing 1-6-0 home record? :lol

How about the Oilers STUNNING PP%

5.9%

Seriously.. what the fuck.

Osorio

I can't watch the Devils-Leafs game tonight but I'm predicting it's going to be quite comical for everyone but Devs or Leafs fans. Maybe us too.

fallout

Eh. Most teams after getting routed tend to come back with a strong performance. Now, how a team reacts after getting routed twice at home in a couple weeks, I dunno. Doesn't really matter to me too much though, as I'll be watching the Philly game.

SantaC

Manager said:
Some comments from the New York dressing room tonight, from Swedish press, the blog I mentioned earlier:

eh why are you posting that garbage? No one is interested in aftonbladet blog ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom