• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL October thread - where fashion is sent to die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
What the hell happened to Redden anyway. He went to looking like a premier defense man to well what he is now, good but overpaid.

djkimothy

R_GILL said:
What the hell happened to Redden anyway. He went to looking like a premier defense man to well what he is now, good but overpaid.

I don't know what happened to him. He just lost his edge after signing that contract. He's playing a lot better now though since it's his contract year. If he keeps it up he'll probably do nicely on the free market.

Now if only we can get rid of Gerber. :/ That would free up a lot of space. A lot of people are quick to trade Corvo but I think he's been a pretty steady D-man.

djkimothy

fallout said:
Wasn't Redden dealing with injuries a lot, too?

Yah, I think early last season. I always thought it was a nagging injury. Still, Ottawa played well even when he was struggling so it'll be an acceptable loss.

epik

Talks about the Leafs making a deal, with someone waiving their no trade clause ;o .. Either with Colorado for Svatos, or John Michael Liles, or to Phoenix, for some reason.. I dunno

Eklund says it's Kaberle ... my goodness JFJ :( .. If Kaberle is shipped, I'm going to tear up.. seriously.

I was just going to get my rbk premium kaberle stitched, might have to hold off on that.

who exactly is speculating about this stuff.

because if it's eklund you can go about your day confident that kaberle will be a leaf for the rest of his career.

epik

TemplaerDude said:
who exactly is speculating about this stuff.

because if it's eklund you can go about your day confident that kaberle will be a leaf for the rest of his career.

Dude I said that to myself already, I realize that eklund is a douche, but hey, rumours are fun. Although, scary at the same time.

epik

Indeed, well anyway,

queue the New Jersey Devils "IT'S A TRAP" Ytmnd,

This game can go 2 ways .. Boring as SHIT, or just boring. Unless Antrogod and Sundin can demolish brodeur tonight.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
I really didn't think I would miss Harry, but Jesus I hate Millen so much.

And where is Bish, we need to get a November thread started already.

epik said:
Talks about the Leafs making a deal, with someone waiving their no trade clause ;o .. Either with Colorado for Svatos, or John Michael Liles, or to Phoenix, for some reason.. I dunno

Eklund says it's Kaberle ... my goodness JFJ :( .. If Kaberle is shipped, I'm going to tear up.. seriously.

I was just going to get my rbk premium kaberle stitched, might have to hold off on that.

I don't buy it for a second...name one BIG/RISKY trade that JFJ has made?

He lacks the balls to make such a trade...

aceface

I take back what I said about the Sabres being better, brutal effort tonight. The last two home games I attended were a 3-0 loss to Columbus and a 4-2 loss to Florida. I can only guess shellackings at the hands of Phoenix, Atlanta, and Toronto are upcoming.

Ugh stars got destroyed.. Was at the game.. Horrible calls by refs, and man they just didnt play any defense..

Hopefully there road series goes better.. Was sad to see Mike Ribeiros 7 game pts streak end :(

I'm blaming Manics for this loss...something tells me he tuned in tonight and jinxed them. Oh hey, Caps lose too. 25+ years of supporting loser teams...unfuckingbelievable...

Thank God the weekend is here...

beerbelly said:
Join the Raptors bandwagon, Leafs fans. They're amazing to watch this year:D

Manics can be the conductor...

P.S. Just saw that Tellqvist got a SO tonight and J.S. Aubin has made 34 saves after 2 periods for the Kings. Sad thing is these guys have comparable numbers to Toskala and Raycroft.

Sandman42

ForzaItalia said:
Manics can be the conductor...

P.S. Just saw that Tellqvist got a SO tonight and J.S. Aubin has made 34 saves after 2 periods for the Kings. Sad thing is these guys have comparable numbers to Toskala and Raycroft.
Toskala may not have good numbers but he's played great this year. His teamates are the ones letting him down.

Sandman42 said:
Toskala may not have good numbers but he's played great this year. His teamates are the ones letting him down.

I wouldn't say he's been great. He's been average or just slightly above that. Way too inconsistent.

Toskala - 3.65 GAA - .888 SV% - (4-5-1) Record

Raycroft - 3.67 GAA - .886 SV% - (1-1-2) Record

If Toskala has been "great" then so has Raycroft...

EDIT:

Tellqvist - 2.21 GAA - .927 SV% - (3-2-0) Record

Aubin - 3.28 GAA - .906 SV% - (2-1-0) Record

fallout

TemplaerDude said:
can we hug yet?
... oh sure, why the fuck not. Here's to you, my sucky NW team brother!

Tiger%20Hug.jpg

i wish the canucks would just trade naslund. i don't know if i can listen to my friend tell me that he can still "turn it around" one more time.

he's done like dinner. it's a shame, he used to be good. but now he sucks.

We need to trade Sundin before he turns into Naslund. Which I bet will be around christmas time.

Currently his stock is pretty high we need to capitalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom