• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

Yixian

Banned
Dante said:

Sex.

Also: I'm trying to discern just where on the spectrum of linear<->free roaming Uncharted lies. Is it one big seamless island? Is it seperate but large levels like Far Cry?

It would rock the shit if it was fully free roaming but I think I heard somewhere it wasn't entirely.

Pistolero

What I really appreciated concerning these titles is their big technical ambitions : Not "only" polys and shaders, but mostly scale, number of ennemies, animation, fluid simulation...That's what next-gen is about... :)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Dante said:
PSN will be the full game if i remember correctly.

There's so many confusing comments from Sony on this. I think it's just the nature of this sort of different type of distribution, there's lots of potential for crossed wires.

My take on it is this - LittleBigPlanet is a service. Initial software will be released this year on PSN. People will make levels and upload them to the service. Over time, the software may be added to. Next year, there will be a Blu-ray release basically taking a snapshot of the service at that time and putting on a disc - i.e. taking the software in its latest form, and a selection of content from the service. So the software on the disc next year may not be the same as the software released this year, but only because the latter will also have evolved by the time the BD is released.

That's just my guess, anyway. I'm taking it this to be the case because of Phil Harrison's comments at GDC - i.e. that it would debut on the PSN this year, and that it would be a commercial release. And for all SCEA's references to a 'demo', they themselves marked it out as one of cornerstone products for driving PS3 "this year" (looking at one of the more recent Gametrailers video of its on-stage presentation).

It would be nice if someone could ask Sony about this and pinpoint exactly what the story is without any ambiguity.

Tieno

I've been looking at some more HS footage and damn, that game is very close to being my kind of AAA title. If they can get the framerate smooth...habahabahabaha!

Stillmatic

Not a bad head of hair there Nathan. XD

Un12.jpg

Pistolero

Nathan's head, main protagonist of Uncharted. Even with the open world and the amzing scale, and despite the less than perfect videos, this game is mind blowingly good looking... :D

Anzu

Banned
Have all the embargos been lifted yet? I have a feeling I've missed out on something from Gamer's Day. I just don't know what.

Dizzan

MINI Member
The best part of Uncharted?

Is it the gorgeous animations?

The beautiful textures?

The lack of HUD?

The scope and story?

NO

It's the fact that there are no bald ****ing space marines

Realism is what I like devs. Thank you Naughty Dog. This has been my most wanted game since it was first shown and will remain so until it's released(along with Pro evo PS3)

Game of the Year

Forsete

Gold Member
Uncharted like.. sucks up all the coolness and ownage from all other console titles.. and delivers it in one awesome punch.

Yes, I just saw the 720p Yahoo video. Mind. blown..confirmed.

Busty

Banned
gofreak said:
There's so many confusing comments from Sony on this. I think it's just the nature of this sort of different type of distribution, there's lots of potential for crossed wires.

My take on it is this - LittleBigPlanet is a service. Initial software will be released this year on PSN. People will make levels and upload them to the service. Over time, the software may be added to. Next year, there will be a Blu-ray release basically taking a snapshot of the service at that time and putting on a disc - i.e. taking the software in its latest form, and a selection of content from the service. So the software on the disc next year may not be the same as the software released this year, but only because the latter will also have evolved by the time the BD is released.

That's just my guess, anyway. I'm taking it this to be the case because of Phil Harrison's comments at GDC - i.e. that it would debut on the PSN this year, and that it would be a commercial release. And for all SCEA's references to a 'demo', they themselves marked it out as one of cornerstone products for driving PS3 "this year" (looking at one of the more recent Gametrailers video of its on-stage presentation).

It would be nice if someone could ask Sony about this and pinpoint exactly what the story is without any ambiguity.

Agree totally. The only thing that flies in the face of this initially being a PSN released game rather than merely a demo is the word that the game is alot more expansive than people realise.

Apparently the game is very in depth and will actually alllow for people to create anything they want (within reason) in terms of gnere, not just platforming. Even alllowing them to design, save and distribute their own 3D items for use in the game.

My two cents? A basic 'test' (perhaps even BETA) will be released over PSN this winter. Then next year the Blu Ray will be released with the fulll experience on it.

Dizzan

MINI Member
The first GSpot video is very nice. Very very nice

In the second, whoever's playing just goes Kamikaze with the shotty and trying to beat everyone down with melee attack. Not enjoyable to watch as he just dies too quick. It isn't worth watching unless you want to see how cool the animation is when Drake throws a punch and misses.

Foil

The flight combat stuff in Warhawk looks so damn good. The more I see of it, the more pissed I get that they killed off the single player. If they wanna release the multiplayer part on PSN at a reduced rate that's a great idea, but I'd have no problem waiting until next summer for the Blu-Ray version, if it meant getting both multiplayer and a full fledged single player game.

Oh well, I guess there's always hope for a full blown sequel.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Busty said:
Agree totally. The only thing that flies in the face of this initially being a PSN released game rather than merely a demo is the word that the game is alot more expansive than people realise.

Apparently the game is very in depth and will actually alllow for people to create anything they want (within reason) in terms of gnere, not just platforming.

I think you'll see 'kits' for different types of genre added over time.

Busty said:
My two cents? A basic 'test' (perhaps even BETA) will be released over PSN this winter. Then next year the Blu Ray will be released with the fulll experience on it.

I don't think the experience on the BD disc will be any 'fuller' than what will be available via the PSN at that same point. But like I said, it may well be fuller than what you get on the PSN this year, but I see LBP more as a service than as a game, one that evolves over time, perhaps with periodic BD 'snapshots' released. In that sense, I don't think there'll ever be such a thing as the definitive experience..if it's successful, it'll never be finished, at least not until they deprecate it with a completely different software/service that supercedes it. But I think the PSN will always have the 'fullest' version available at any given point.

Aggelos

Bebpo said:
Stop wishing for MGS4 delays people.

I'd rather they delay EVERY OTHER GAME THAT'S NOT MGS4 and MGS4 comes out this year.

Yeah man! Guys how dare you whish a MGS4 delay.
Divine retribution to all those who wish MGS4 delay, because they cannot control/bridle their desires (namely they want to buy instantly every game that comes out in Fall).
No, no, noooo! You need to curb/restrain/moderate/rein your countless/incontrollable desires ASAP!!
You need to act with discretion when it comes to buy games.....

Forsete

Gold Member
Dizzan said:
Sorry mate. I got them off Jason ^^ the junior. He's taken them down now

And it is ze impössible to upload to.. say, whatever one of those file host sites are called. ;P

Ok, thanks anyway.

Forsete

Gold Member
Bearillusion said:
Unchartered looks all kinds of awesome I just hope they don't disable v-sync.

I still cant berieve its running so smoof even at this early stage. I think that is proof of ND and their "clean" code even at pre-pre-pre-pre alpha stages.

I bet.. even the first versions of the game were running at rock solid 60fps.

kidding, but its true. I didnt expect this game to run so well at this stage

Goldrusher

Dante said:
I think the BR disc is just going to contain the highest rated user created levels.

PSN will be the full game if i remember correctly.

What if the Blu-ray has the engine, the characters, all the scenery and items...
And users can play let's say 50 levels off the disc, but use all the items (and their own pictures, images) to make their own levels, which you can then sell to other users...

And spice your PSN wallet.

Would be an interesting concept.

theBishop

Banned
akachan ningen said:
I can't believe they took SACRED GENITALS! out of HS. That was the best line ever.

What do you mean they took that out!?

That was my favorite line ever! I'd rather they took out a fragment shader than that line.

Tieno

theBishop said:
What do you mean they took that out!?

That was my favorite line ever! I'd rather they took out a fragment shader than that line.
In the interview on Gametrailers they say they cut that line.

I wish I had sacred genitals. At least I don't have a hatecock.

Dizzan said:
The best part of Uncharted?

Is it the gorgeous animations?

The beautiful textures?

The lack of HUD?

The scope and story?

NO

It's the fact that there are no bald ****ing space marines

Realism is what I like devs. Thank you Naughty Dog. This has been my most wanted game since it was first shown and will remain so until it's released(along with Pro evo PS3)

Game of the Year

Remember this interview

IGN: The art style is actually pretty cool. It's definitely unique. What can you tell us about its origin and your decision for going after this kind of style?

Wells: It was a very conscious decision to head in this particular direction. Looking at the landscape of next-generation games being developed it was clear that there were a gluttony of titles that featured bald, buff space marines wearing body armor and fighting aliens. Fortunately for us, we didn't have much interest in heading in that direction and we felt that we could work in a style that really excited us and stand out from the crowd at the same time.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/710/710266p3.html

mabuza

Banned
yeah i hope we dont get any aliens or some super human bosses in drake. i want the bosses to be normal human beings.
in fact i wished they showed just one boss. i'm curious to see what they're like

Dizzan

MINI Member
mabuza said:
have you guys seen the developer walkthrough of ratchet. wow:D

I see your wow and raise you a WOW

Dizzicopter with sixaxis control looks pretty damn cool

Buzz blades also.

112 joints in PS2 ratchets body. 90 in PS3 ratchets face!!

Again, a beautiful game. This and Uncharted give me a similar vibe. Both look mindblowing. There's a lot more stuff going on in Ratchet though

I wann get some screen grabs... What program do I need?

mabuza

Banned
so it looks like after uncharted has shipped, naughty dog will be working on a next generation jak and daxter. cant wait. we might we even be playing it in 2008 :D

Top Bottom