• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
reminder said:
I'm still blown away by what was shown. I mean, Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, Folklore, SOCOM, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, LBP... i want all of those!

But the imo best announcement was the US release for Folklore. I love the style and can't wait for the demo next month! I wish they would have renamed it to 'The Lost Folklore' instead of just 'Folklore', but i think it's still a working title.

And now release direct feed HD trailers of all games shown, Sony!

just read this and decided to check out the dev walkthroughs... sounds like it will be an unbelievable game, and I love how he said the sixaxis was not an "after thought" because he's right it sounds like a really interesting way to put it in the game. The graphics were incredible the explosions looked top notch, and the art direction is like a tim burton movie almost, this looks like a big comeback from genji.

Mau ®

anddo0 said:
Folklore has sleeper written all over it

I pity the fool who doesn't at least give this game a look.

Yep. It also reminds me (a little) to Silent Hill. A SH RPG high on mushrooms!

mabuza

Banned
yeah it looks amazing. i hope it does well in the west, but i dont really know if its gonna do that do that well in japan

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
WoolyNinja said:
It was a DEMO and still months away from completion and they only showed a small part of the game so we really don't know what will be in the game.
I understand that, but presumably even an early demo of a game is indicative of it's main direction.

Ryu

Uncharted reminds me (in a good way) of that old SNES and Genesis game, Flashback. Maybe it's the environment and animation that's doing it, but that's a very positive thing imo.

Yixian

Banned
Busty said:
I'm more of a SALT WATER PARTICLES man myself...

:lol

Surely that's due a tag......

uncharteddrakesfortune2nh3.jpg

Ranger X

anddo0 said:

I hope it's true there's a demo coming though. I wouldn't buy that game on a heart beat.

tribal24

Banned
yeah i thought folklore was pretty amazing aswell at first it looks shallow but the art and once they use sixaxis it looks very well done

antiloop

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Ok, tell me if Im Crazy or not.

I just watched Every FOLKLORE vids i could find, IMO, Top 3 BEST Looking PS3 games, srsly

its gorgous, 60fps smooth Animation, The Art Direction AMAZING, Great Character design...

and the gameplay looking fun, does'nt hurt either

I kinda already knew Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Ratchet were gonna win me over, but Folklore REALLY Moved up my List.

the end

I loved the IGN vids especially.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
it's not just that uncharted has excellent texture detail, it's that it manages to look very clean and elegant with it -- halo 1 was striking in the same way when it was new.

zoukka

Heavenly Sword looks pretty nice, but im not too hyped up though. The battles lack something and Narikos movements seem weird. Somehow i still see God of War-series way cooler and more playable. DEMO PLEASE!

Uncharted looks absolutely SWEET. Naughty Dog delivers one again and if the amount of fighting is small it could be a killer.

Ratchet & Clank didnt blow me away at all. It sure looks nice, but it reminds me of the first R&C too much. I mean Insomniac should re-invent the series in some ways. Now it looks kinda like R&C-HD. Groovitron rocks anyway :lol

Yixian

Banned
BuddyC said:
This is the Gamers Day thread. Let's keep the console war stuff out of it as much as we can.

The dedicated thread is too full of xbots to make head nor tail of what's going on. But k.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yixian said:
The dedicated thread is too full of xbots to make head nor tail of what's going on. But k.

you've posted this here and on the ps3forums, it's not necassary this is the gamers day thread.

Yixian

Banned
msdstc said:
you've posted this here and on the ps3forums, it's not necassary this is the gamers day thread.

You were hall monitor at school weren't ya :rollseyes:

Didn't you hear me when I said I'd leave it? -.-

reminder

tanod said:
Irrelevant. You can still download it from anywhere after setting up a JPN account.

If you're on GAF and you haven't done this already, huh???

Get that Hot Shots 5 demo and the DMC trailers already. Jeez.

I know, i have a JP account since i have my PS3 and downloaded all that already. It was just an info. ;)

Dante said:
WOW Uncharted took over this thread.

This game is like the new MGS4.

:D
Omg...so you went "oh well next gen is multi platform" in the other thread and now in here your going "who needs mgs we have uncharted!" Something tells me you give in to easily.

Anyway I'll shut up about console wars.

CrushDance said:
Omg...so you went "oh well next gen is multi platform" in the other thread and now in here your going "who needs mgs we have uncharted!" Something tells me you give in to easily.

I don't think you read his post correctly. He means that nearly all PS3 threads at one time would eventually turn into people talking abotu MGS4. But since we haven't gotten any media for it lately that hasn't happened much lately. With Uncharted being unveiled its now the game that will probably take over every PS3 thread.

JB1981

SolidSnakex said:
I don't think you read his post correctly. He means that nearly all PS3 threads at one time would eventually turn into people talking abotu MGS4. But since we haven't gotten any media for it lately that hasn't happened much lately. With Uncharted being unveiled its now the game that will probably take over every PS3 thread.
Lies. It's all a conspiracy. Sony fans hate MGS now.

Dante

CrushDance said:

Errr you totally missed my point :/

I meant in terms of a game that can single handidly take over a thread you goober.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
so this thread has barley mentioned ratchet or lair at all and the last couple pages have been mostly uncharted... so how about the fire effects in lair anybody else anybody thinkin it looks a lot better now?:lol

JB1981

msdstc said:
so this thread has barley mentioned ratchet or lair at all and the last couple pages have been mostly uncharted... so how about the fire effects in lair anybody else anybody thinkin it looks a lot better now?:lol
Honestly? I think the game looks like shit. And will probably play like ass. The art style is awful. Technically it's extremely impressive, though.

Dante

msdstc said:

They do look a ton better now. framerate did as well.

msdstc said:
avyci2.jpg

JudgeN

anddo0 said:

Also think Eye of Judgment has sleeper hit written all over it as well, the Yu-Gi-Oh fan's won't be able to resist this game. Its what they and I have been dreaming of for years :lol

Also have faith Sony will keep the price under $100, like they said at E3 last year.

Yixian said:
I hate to burst your bubble but this image is overflowing with logical fallacies...

Like? Perhaps a little extra AA but what we've seen from the gameplay demonstration it was pretty jaggless already

With them wearing swimming suits, that means it's going to include a swimming level. While they have been done well in 3D games, most of the time they're still the worst part of the games they're featured in.

Dante

SolidSnakex said:
With them wearing swimming suits, that means it's going to include a swimming level. While they have been done well in 3D games, most of the time they're still the worst part of the games they're featured in.

I think there was talk of Jet Ski's in the GI article.

KTallguy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

I actually thought the Swimming in MGS2 was hard but pretty damn immersive.

gbovo

SolidSnakex said:
There's a jet ski level.

Top Bottom