• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Mr Spliff

Nightmare train Tips:

i beat it after a few tries with lei wulong. I equipped a 78% damage increase, 80 fire, 400+health, 26% thunder and a level 5 defence, alisa roughly the same. I just used his low to high sweep kicks and his double kick, 3,3, both good for tripping crowds to get some space and hitting multiple opponents. Stay close to Alisa and help her attack as she is a useless douche and a good part of passing this to get to DJ is lucking out on her AI not farting on you. Also, stay on the end where the gun is so that the enemies will only come from one direction. You'll have to do this as the level starts and hope Alisa follows you and not get swamed/trapped behind you.

As DJ appears, pick up the gun and blow him off the train.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not being able to go beyond Dan 1 in offline mode is ... terrible.

Fersis said:
Dear PS3 users: Please post some screenshots
Thanks
INCOMING!

JEKKI

ayo, so if there's one thing that the online mode in tekken has done right,

it's that it has brought rage quiting

to the next level!!!

2hn2bdj.jpg

this is seriously the 3rd dood who rage quit on me as I was about to rank up

-_-

Ive also had a total of one dood rage quit on me as he was about to be demoted...

theyre goin out in style now... it's like rage to the second power.

Anso

Quits and disconnects (accidental or not) counts as losses according to the handbook. Haven't played enough online to know but yeah, then they're just stupid :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Again, sorry about the SD captures... I'm playing on SD these days, I like it this way (less fps-drop and pretty much non existent tearing). I know Tekken doesn't suffer from any of those but I'm kinda liking SD now :p

My Dragon Emperor Jin

s4qvyb.png

My hot Zafina

jhphl2.png

My amazing looking Kazuya

x3cye9.jpg

My Swedish brother Lars

2n80scp.png

He's finally become identical to his idol

2l95k52.png

Can you guess who this is?

28urxms.png

My main man, Lee is the fucking king

6oj5p5.png

Deadly ass robot Bryan

xdilh.png

And last but definitely not least... some nsfw Lili screens :)

http://i36.tinypic.com/29atrth.png
http://i33.tinypic.com/jv0i6o.png

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
All kind of crazy costumes, nice.
Needs moar Miguel though

Yoshichan

Fersis said:
All kind of crazy costumes, nice.
Needs moar Miguel though
Ugh I swear I was going to take pictures of Mig and say "Special pictures just for Fersis" but I forgot :(

Lili costume seduced me

Yoshichan

MicVlaD said:
Only the Zafina pic seems to display correctly. Everything else = red x.
That's odd... have you tried opening them and re-open, Famitsu-style?

MrDenny

JEKKI said:
ayo, so if there's one thing that the online mode in tekken has done right,

it's that it has brought rage quiting

to the next level!!!

this is seriously the 3rd dood who rage quit on me as I was about to rank up

-_-

Ive also had a total of one dood rage quit on me as he was about to be demoted...

The person is penalized with a loss after the second connect error I believe.
I got disconnected a few times right after I won the match, and still got penalized.

you can capture pics in this game or is that a capture card?

but yeah, I havent been palying online too much since I'm waiting for the initial purchaser ragers to fade a bit.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
They seriously need to buff the money you win from online matches and offline ones. I am fucking done with scenario mode.

Caj814

RelentlessRolento said:
you can capture pics in this game or is that a capture card?

but yeah, I havent been palying online too much since I'm waiting for the initial purchaser ragers to fade a bit.

PS3 version supports ingame shots

MrDenny

Fersis said:
Dear PS3 users: Please post some screenshots
Thanks
Some screen grabs from the PS3 version:

TEKKEN62.png

TEKKEN63.png

TEKKEN64.png

TEKKEN66.png

TEKKEN611.png

TEKKEN612.png

DLC: Yoshi Costume; 3 Flags: Jin & Asuka, Christie, and Bryan
Are the flags random? I wanted the Lars & Alisa Flag : (

TEKKEN6.png

TEKKEN67.png

TEKKEN68.png

TEKKEN69.png

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, is there a fork in Christie's stage or something? I didn't get Roger's stage to unlock. And I play Leo's stage again to get Mojukin?

akuma001

i just perfected a tekken god in ghost battle and my paul is still a 1st dan.

weaksauce.

bonus since everyone is putting up their custom

my 1p shungokusatsu paul
TEKKEN6.png

and my 2p hokuto no paul
TEKKEN6_1.png

scotcheggz

Got my copy last thursday but had the dreaded swine flu, or just regular flu, something nasty anyway, so I couldn't play. Finally got around to it today and I'm LOVING it. The obvious niggles, like no ranking up in ghost battle, low money unless CS mode... But overall I love it. Love Tekken, love this one.

Here's my Ling, nothing too special yet, just one evenings play:

2e3bngo.png

2llygwn.png

I played some online, maybe I was just lucky but out of about 16 or 17 games, maybe 2 lagged badly, 3-4 lagged a tiny amount, but totally workable (Better than T5: DR) and the rest perfect... I'm doing alright online, but there's something about fighters online for me that makes me nervous, offline I'm no worries, but online I always freak out unless I slip into a groove quickly. Maybe it's the anonymity, like I worry way too much that someone might be judging me but they're not even in the same room as me!! Maybe I'm just getting too old for all this online business...

MrDenny

twinturbo2 said:
So, is there a fork in Christie's stage or something? I didn't get Roger's stage to unlock. And I play Leo's stage again to get Mojukin?
You have to play Leo's stage on hard.

Caj814

So yeah what is the best spots to farm in scenario mode to build up a lot of currency?Ghost battles don't give squat in comparison,even beating these "tekken gods"(who die to 1 move spams)don't give much in comparison.

Caj814 said:
So yeah what is the best spots to farm in scenario mode to build up a lot of currency?Ghost battles don't give squat in comparison,even beating these "tekken gods"(who die to 1 move spams)don't give much in comparison.
I got over one million on Mokujin's stage. I had an item that increased the value of fight money by +400% and there were a ton of money bags being dropped.

Anyway, any other 360 Tekken owners that may wanna play in the future but haven't been here?

EDIT: Thanks for the link! V

man, i have not had 1 single decent online game. i refuse to play ranked like this im 2-1 online in ranked and it's fuckin impossible to play like this. i know its beating a dead horse but they need to do something about this, i fucking love this games offline vs mode and a patched online experience would probably tie this with my GOTY along with SF4.

Caj814 said:

you can get 3+ million per run from subterranean pavilion (moku stage) plus the money you get from selling item drops but make sure you bound break the floors or the gold mokujins will not appear

i prefer kigan island (yoshi stage) because you can get 2.5+ million and 15+ item drops

make sure to equip something like +400% gold and +100% drop rate for both your character and alisa

Anyanka

I have played over 100 matches online now, almost all at least green bars. None have been good. Last blue bars guy I played was doing silly lag strats like blocked hopkick into hopkick.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
JEKKI said:

well, that and the garbage netcode just ragequits itself half the time. I played 5 games in a row where the connection just dropped as I was going get destroyed. Must've looked like a rage quit every time, but it wasn't it was just a shitty game being shitty.

akuma001

Caj814 said:

i average about 2.5 mil on mokujin's stage. i think the key to this stage is once you get into the rooms just keep doing bound moves on your opponent and once the floor drops you kill everything making them drop all their loot at once. make sure you equip your characters with their max drop rate and fight money increase items.

like with my paul i just target one of the mokujins and do d/f+3, f1+2 and once it hits the ground the floor will break under you killing all the mokujins around and they all will drop items. this beats fighting them all one by one as well.

Leckan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgv7PeDx2_g

Bryan <3

Anyone heard anything about a patch that will fix/improve the online yet? This is arguably the biggest Namco release in years. I've seen the commercial here in Sweden many times which is something that didn't even happen with SF IV. I can't even remember the last time a fighting game had regular commercials. This probably mean Namco takes it very seriously, so I would be surprised if they were unaware of the problems since this could affect the long-term viability of the game.

Yoshichan

Fucking beastly pictures people!

Anyway, I'm not really sure how to continue Lee's bnb, anyone?

When the enemy is in the air: 1,2, mist, 1,2, mist, f+4, 3 [bound] then what? I usually follow it up with ff+3 but I'm sure Lee's got more than 60 damage combos (especially considering Bryan, Kazuya and Paul's got a 70-80 one...

Mr Spliff said:
Nightmare train Tips:

i beat it after a few tries with lei wulong. I equipped a 78% damage increase, 80 fire, 400+health, 26% thunder and a level 5 defence, alisa roughly the same. I just used his low to high sweep kicks and his double kick, 3,3, both good for tripping crowds to get some space and hitting multiple opponents. Stay close to Alisa and help her attack as she is a useless douche and a good part of passing this to get to DJ is lucking out on her AI not farting on you. Also, stay on the end where the gun is so that the enemies will only come from one direction. You'll have to do this as the level starts and hope Alisa follows you and not get swamed/trapped behind you.

As DJ appears, pick up the gun and blow him off the train.

I did it with Steve. You basically just need to stay close to Alisa. As long as you save her when she gets into trouble, she'll help you when you get surrounded. It's best to do this level after you beat all the bonus ones so that you'll have Alisa's AI at level 9. My equipment was pretty wimpy, I had +200 hp for Alisa and +300 for steve. 8 defense, 40% attack, 40 fire, and 20% thunder. I got lucky and DJ got knocked off the train within ten seconds of appearing. :lol But getting to DJ is the hard part.

y2dvd

chrisdat said:
a good strat for GETTING to devil jin on Nightmare Train stage is to pick Alisa...and right when you start let the Lars assist go out and fight...then sit back and shoot off her unblockable from full screen all day. (b, b+1+2) remember that it'll track to whatever target you pick...so if you are mashing out unblockables and it's still locked on a dying enemy...hit R1 to switch it over to another enemy. her unblockable hits big groups as well which is perfect for a stage like Nightmare Train because enemies just horde all over the place. helps a bunch if you have the customization buffs too. good luck guys!

Why are you campin fool?! JK stealing this strat!

That Mokujin customization is pretty pimp and that Jack looks like a transformer. I'll put up my Bryan when I get home.

Top Bottom