• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Bought it yesterday,

my first impressions aren't so great.

there's actually plenty to complain about here,
but most of it has already been said, so I wont repeat them.

On a personal taste level, I'm not really "feeling" the new vibe in the backgrounds.
I really liked the mysterious backgrounds of T5. These seem to have dissapeared completely.

akuma001

i dunno how i got this but you can get t6 cabs for your ps home. :lol

PlayStationHomePicture11-3-20099-14.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BUUUHUUUUUUU I WANT TO GO BEYOND 1st DAN IN OFFLINE MODE :(

STUPID NAMCO!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
These two days I've been spending more time customizing my characters, than doing anything else.

God I love it.

Anso said:
Also I SWEAR the robot voice is singing "His girlfriend's a Mexican in one state, his girlfriend's a Mexican" in the snowfield stage music... Listen, you'll be amazed!
I remembered this post and just wanted to say: fuck you! :lol Now I won't ever be able to unhear it :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I don't care for PS Home, but I want a virtual cabinet!

Also.

Good news.

The TEKKEN Dev team cares.

Let's hope for the best when "it" is released.

<3

Yoshichan

MarkMan said:

<3
What?

WHAT?

WHAT?

WHAT????

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm just hoping for the best.

I know, and I'm sure you all know. Namco Bandai/Bandai Namco and the TEKKEN team are keeping their ears to the streets.

I've been chatting with them on and off. Let's keep confident ;)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
MarkMan said:

I know, and I'm sure you all know. Namco Bandai/Bandai Namco and the TEKKEN team are keeping their ears to the streets.

Oh I really hope so! :D

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
MarkMan said:
I don't care for PS Home, but I want a virtual cabinet!

Also.

Good news.

<3
:D

Brings a smile to my face

Teknoman

Yay just got my 360 copy in the mail. And yeah, I think everyone wants net code improvement.

EDIT: Why isnt there a King of the Iron fist metatag?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
OK, some notes on the lag.

I have played against some people and it seems while it might not lag that much at all on my side they are having problems even doing simple things. I still need to do further testing, but this seems true even when I play ranked sometimes I feel like I have the advantage other times the person I am playing has it.

I have no doubt this netcode is fixable. :)

Quick question how do we take screen caps in the PS3 version?

GeoNeo said:
OK, so notes on the lag.

I have played against some people and it seems while it might not lag that much at all on my side they are having problems even doing simple things. I still need to do further testing, but this seems true even when I play ranked sometimes I feel like I have the advantage other times the person I am playing has it.

Press the PS button mid-fight and the screen will pause. Scroll to the photo section on the XMB and you'll see a screenshot option. Press X and it'll bring you back to the game asking you to press X to take the picture.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
CcrooK said:
Hype expectations will remain rock bottom. Just sayin'.

Trust but verify.

The fact that nothing was said about netcode makes me think netcode wasn't addressed.

Prove me wrong.

MrDenny

GeoNeo said:
OK, so notes on the lag.

I was thinking the same thing.
I could barely do anything on my side because the inputs were too slow, while my opponents could just easily do combos and overtake me.
I stopped playing ranked because it was ruining my win/lose ratios.
Hopefully the patch will fix things.

Seiken said:
These two days I've been spending more time customizing my characters, than doing anything else.

God I love it.

Heh I've been doing this too and trying not to get too carried away :p I plan on unleashing my customizing "talent" with the PSP version :)

Any tips when fighting against Miguel? His d3+4 shoulder is stupidly dangerous at any range with input lag and the most obnoxious guy on my friendlist plays as him.

MMaRsu

Banned
MarkMan said:

This is good news! I don't have the game yet ( should arrive this week ) but I'd love a patch of the netcode. SCIV netcode was good.. so I'm hoping for that or better.

Caj814

GeoNeo said:
OK, some notes on the lag.

so you think it has the host advantage problem found in some other online games?

Teknoman

Any opinions on Display modes Type A,B, or C?

EDIT: For some reason the voices and sound effects seem a little muted.

360 version with HDMI. For some reason, when you win, you can barely hear the win quotes.

Anso

dragonlife29 said:
I remembered this post and just wanted to say: fuck you! :lol Now I won't ever be able to unhear it :lol

Hahahahahaha, you're welcome!
*roars "HIS GIRLFRIEND'S A MEXICAN!" for a few hours*
Can't wait for the soundtrack, even though it severely lacks Yu Miyake.

EDIT: For those who doesn't know what the hell I'm talking about, listen to the vocals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_3KpPBRxk&fmt=18 .. They're totally "His girlfriend's a Mexican in one state, His girlfriend's a Mexican"

Yoshichan

Anyone got any better juggle tips with Jin? I've got this for now, once he's in air:

1, 123, ff, 31, f+4

67 damage

LowParry

arstal said:
Trust but verify.

The fact that nothing was said about netcode makes me think netcode wasn't addressed.

Prove me wrong.

Well. There are a number of things that need to be fixed or adjusted. I'm somewhat curious if we'll see any of them happen. I guess netcode would be the big one to be looking at.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_leech_ said:
Caught this from Jeff Gerstmann on my Twitter feed:

Is it really that bad?
mhmhmh did he played KOFXII ?

Yoshichan

Can't believe how balanced this game is. I just learned the basic bnb-juggling with my main men and here's the stats:

Jin
65 Damage - 9 Hits

Kazuya
65 Damage - 6 Hits

Bryan
69 Damage - 7 Hits

Lee
67 Damage - 9 Hits

Paul
68 Damage - 8 Hits

I love this game

Anso

Seiken said:
Can't believe how balanced this game is. I just learned the basic bnb-juggling with my main men and here's the stats:

Jin
65 Damage - 9 Hits

Kazuya
65 Damage - 6 Hits

Bryan
69 Damage - 7 Hits

Lee
67 Damage - 9 Hits

Paul
68 Damage - 8 Hits

I love this game

Hey man, heard you like macho men. :3

Yoshichan

Anso said:
Hey man, heard you like macho men. :3
:lol Come on I haven't had the game as long as you people! Lili and Asuka-stats coming right up :p
right after I'm done with Devil Jin and Bruce of course!

Anso

Seiken said:
:lol Come on I haven't had the game as long as you people! Lili and Asuka-stats coming right up :p
right after I'm done with Devil Jin and Bruce of course!

I'm pretty sure I've had it as long as you, I'm from Sweden ;) Anyway, I stand by Wang. If there's any character that's underused, it's Wang.

Yoshichan

Anso said:
I'm pretty sure I've had it as long as you, I'm from Sweden ;) Anyway, I stand by Wang. If there's any character that's underused, it's Wang.
I got it 24 hours later than everyone, including swedes :lol Out of those, I could've trained another 12 hours! Huge difference!

MrPliskin

Banned
Anso said:

This. I don't really like him in T6 though :( Waning moon got nerfed, 1,1,1 is gone (well, like it used to be) and his launchers aren't very useful. I have to play with him more to see if I like him.

Takuan

_leech_ said:
Caught this from Jeff Gerstmann on my Twitter feed:

Is it really that bad?
From a critical standpoint, pretty much everything about this game is that bad. Only true fans can look past its technical flaws.

I'm curious, where's your avatar from? Looks cool.

Caj814

I wish the elevator stage where you fight Nancy had a playable version in VS.I'm also pretty damn sure I saw 2 normal characters fighting in this stage during one of the trailers.

Anso

MrPliskin said:
This. I don't really like him in T6 though :( Waning moon got nerfed, 1,1,1 is gone (well, like it used to be) and his launchers aren't very useful. I have to play with him more to see if I like him.

Then I'm here to preach the immortal truth about T6:BR Wang: HE'S A BEAST.
Here are some stuff to try out (B! means bound, W! means wall, ask me if there's anything else confusing you)

Wall carry: u/f+3, 4, b+1,2, b+1,2,1+2 W!
General damage:
u/f+3, ff+1, 1, b+1,2, 1+2 B! qcf+2
u/f+4, 1+2 (B) f+4, 1, b+2,1,1+2
ff+1+2, d/b+2, d/b+2,4,2
d/f+2,1, f,f+2, f+1, d/f+1,1 B! qcf+2
d/f,d/f+2+4, d/b+4,2 4, 2, b+2,1, 1+2 B! qcf+2 (see, Waning Moon is still fantastic!)

You can even combo from a CH 4!
CH 4, 1, b+2,1, 1+2 B! qcf+2

Top Bottom