• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

I'm picking up my wireless Arcade stick edition today, but one thing.

Is this game REALLY as ugly as these screen shots are showing? Or does it look better in motion.

The only other Tekkens I own are Tekken Tag for PS2 and Tekken 3 on PS1. Tekken Tag was actually not bad at all.

I'm MAINLY buying this for the Wireless Hori stick though.

But would most of you say it's AS good as Tag? Or better?

zoukka

Well the core gameplay is much like Tekken 5 which was miles ahead of TTT. (for casuals this isn't all that great of a game thanks to the poor SP though)

And yes it's not the most beautiful game ever made. The stages are pretty simple and character models average. But with motion blur on, it's silky smooth and looks nice. You can choose between aliasing and motion blur.

zoukka said:
Well the core gameplay is much like Tekken 5 which was miles ahead of TTT. (for casuals this isn't all that great of a game thanks to the poor SP though)

elaborate please.

Tekken 5 SP is poor?

On that note, I forgot I own Tekken 5 DR on PSP, and again, I don't mind it. So if Tekken 6 is more like 5, then I guess it should be decent.

zoukka

Yeah casuals won't even notice that big of a difference between DR and 6 at first. But the SP in 6 is probably worse in the whole series. You unlock everything in the "Tekken Force" mode which sucks major donkey balls.

Chazz Michael Michaels said:
Is this game REALLY as ugly as these screen shots are showing? Or does it look better in motion.

Yeah that's basically how it looks though in motion it is much better, especially with the lighting effecting the imagery at different angles.

But would most of you say it's AS good as Tag? Or better?

As long as you don't hate the direction Tekken 5 took the series, then gameplay wise this is the best Tekken.

twinturbo2 said:
So, how do I unlock Roger?

Beat SC. Enter the Christie stage and take the alternate right(I think it's the right) path. Can't say for certain if hard difficulty was required but it was the difficulty I did it on.

Grecco

So i have to play this silly uggly brawler thing to unlock things? Theres no you know arcade mode where i pick a dude fight dudes and see his ending?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i don't mean to be negative but i really ..really hate scenario mode. It takes me 3 hours of matches to bring myself to play it ...and even so i cant stomach it for longer then half an hour at a time

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Let's put it this way- I'd pay money to not have to play shitty modes to unlock stuff. It's something I would mark down for on a review.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Grecco said:
So i have to play this silly uggly brawler thing to unlock things? Theres no you know arcade mode where i pick a dude fight dudes and see his ending?

There is an arcade mode, but if you want all the story stuff, you have to play the scenario mode. What's nice about it is that once you clear it, endings will start unlocking as you play other modes, and you can also get craploads of money and custom items from playing it. It's not that great, but I just play a couple of stages in-between practicing and playing online.

All of the characters are unlocked (in every other mode) from the start.

Or does it look better in motion.

You've never seen another fighting game look better in motion.

EDIT: Just as I posted this, I saw a commercial on ESPN's "Around the Horn". Namco better hurry with that patch, since they're doing a full court press on the marketing.

twinturbo2 said:
So, how do I unlock Roger?
Dude, no one's answered you? Better yet, I still can't believe you haven't figured it out :lol

On Christie's stage, take the right bath at the beginning and defeat Roger near the end. After you beat Christie, you'll unlock Roger's stage.

Anyway, what I meant up there was that since I personally had lots of fun with SC, I would always make note of forks in the road and immediately replay a level and go a different way.

Teknoman

Awesome. Now lets just hope its a huge improvement....still havent gone back to SCIV online mode on PS3, so not sure if that was ever improved upon. Anyone have any info on that?

Oh and is playing senario mode with an arcade stick possible? Or do I need right analog to move the camera?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
dragonlife29 said:
Dude, no one's answered you? Better yet, I still can't believe you haven't figured it out :lol

On Christie's stage, take the right bath at the beginning and defeat Roger near the end. After you beat Christie, you'll unlock Roger's stage.

Anyway, what I meant up there was that since I personally had lots of fun with SC, I would always make note of forks in the road and immediately replay a level and go a different way.
There's multiple paths? I didn't know that, tbh.

MarkMan, since you seemingly have some clout with the developers, can you throw in one suggestion that no one else seemed to think of? I downloaded a bunch of friend's ghosts but all it does is throw them randomly into Ghost mode. It would be cool if you could have 1p vs CPU Versus matches, sometimes I want to fight a certain person, on a certain stage for a certain amount of rounds. If they can do this, they could add an option to load a friend's ghost to play against as well.

Speaking of which, is the ghost data anything at all like the person plays or is it just a set difficulty based on their rank? If it's not actually like the person plays, I guess this feature isn't all that necessary. But I still would love 1p vs CPU versus.

EDIT: Oh and please for the love of everything allow us to rank up offline. There should be two separate ranks anyway.

:lol

500x_tekken_movie.jpg

Degen

Has anyone else stopped to watch the helicopter in the background of the "Lightning Storm" stage?

Best.
Pilot.
EVAR.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
RelentlessRolento said:

After seeing the King of Fighters preview, this looks halfway decent. At least the characters look sort of right (and the females hot), as opposed to some awful adaptations as of late.

Vlightray

Ok, picked up my Arcade stick edition.

But what the fuck at the Australian cover!

No rating, and the back is random.

Thats good the no rating part need more like that.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I finally got to play the game today. I only played arcade mode, but I enjoyed it. Plays like classic Tekken to me. I haven't gone into the Tekken Force or whatever they call it yet, but I am digging the game so far.

Caj814

I hope the "testing" they are going to do will actually be viable this time around.Maybe they can actually get some of those real top players to handle it this time instead of pulling that line out their ass.

Degen

I thought it was funny in that live stream of the T6 pre-launch event when the rep was asked about online play.

He basically went, "Yeah... We're aware of the, uh... So how about them New York Yankees?"

Right then and there, I knew what was up :lol

corrosivefrost said:
the yodeling music from the sheep stage has me about ready to gouge my eyes out. i need to change that later so it doesn't load up while i'm customizing.

(It sort of reminds me a katamari song from Hell...)
yeah I had it as my main stage and that music got on my nerves. The tomato stage surprised me.

V_Arnold

RelentlessRolento said:
just tried playing T6 with the Rock Band Drums vs my friend on Guitar...

not a good idea.

I have once defeated my "a bit worse than average" friend in Dead or Alive, I was using a dance mat, while he used a normal controller. It was a hectic two minutes :D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
so there's an online patch coming?!

Maybe I'll hold off on the sell. but I was so gutted with the shitty online that i didn't even bother with SP yet... man that made me pissed.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
lag patch? LAG PATCH? LAAAAAG PAAAATCH? success.gif

Next up: gold rush and challenge, and if there's a god: turning the Arcade mode into the story mode and scenario mode into a regular half-assed bonus mode.

TEKKEN® 6 ONLINE UPDATE COMING SOON

To improve the online game experience for players of TEKKEN® 6 on Xbox 360™ and PlayStation® 3, NAMCO BANDAI Games is developing a downloadable update which will be available as soon as it has passed rigorous testing procedures.

More details regarding the content of the update and the timing of its release will be announced as soon as possible.

This update is separate from the online co-op Scenario Campaign mode download which is scheduled for release this winter.

Thanks for playing TEKKEN 6, and keep on fighting

God?

MMaRsu

Banned
catfish said:
so there's an online patch coming?!

Maybe I'll hold off on the sell. but I was so gutted with the shitty online that i didn't even bother with SP yet... man that made me pissed.

You hold off that sale mofo! I should get the game either today or tomorrow so I want to kick your ass :p.

scotcheggz

OK so I just won a match online, then got a DC, so I assumed the other guy rage quitted after the match had finished, nevermind. Nope, apparently it was me whose connection dropped becuase when I started the next match I got a message saying my last match hadn't finished properly and I would get penalised or something. Didn't record my win and made me feel like a bad guy. Nice one Namco, smart system you got for penalising rage quitters there... A. The match had finished and B. I WON?!?!

Online has been good to me so far, I figured I was just lucky and have been enjoying it very much. But now my bitter tears are causing me to drown!! :lol

I really wish I could level up beyond 1st Dan offline, this is starting to sap even more replay out of the SP. I'm happy that this is the 1st issue listed in the patch thread at TZ, but I have no faith that they will actually change this.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
RelentlessRolento said:
just tried playing T6 with the Rock Band Drums vs my friend on Guitar...

not a good idea.
You know those PS2 controller ports on the Tekken 5 cabs? I saw a pic of a guy playing a T5 cab with a DDR dance pad plugged in. :lol

so if that patch is coming, then what was the update the game prompted me for as soon as I started it yesterday???

By the way, The campaign is not fun at ALL. It could have been quite enjoyable if they fixed the gameplay a bit, and instead of forcing you into a hybrid one on one mode, just let you beat up whomever, it would have been good.

Thanks for tips too, with blur mode on, it does look FAR better than without. So jaggy it cuts my eyes when the blur mode isn't on.

They've taken a LOT from Virtua Fighter 5 though, that was the first thing I've noticed.

Top Bottom