• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Peff

I actually didn't mind SC for the most part, but the last few levels are simply atrocious. Several bosses in a row (at least there are checkpoints) and the IA "ramps up", starts juggling like crazy and there's nothing you can do, so the flaws are way more noticeable. The final boss juggled my partner for like three minutes doing the same movement over and over and over again. Without walls, too :lol

So... I beat Leo's stage a second time (on medium) and didn't unlock any mokujin stage. Any idea why? I've read difficulty doesn't matter but since it didn't work, I guess I should try hard...?

I think this game is pathetic even if they DID fix the lag. Hopefully T7 gets it right. Sure, people who eat this shit up and spend numerous money and hours find the changes and gameplay satisfying but fuck-damn is Namco/Bandai lazy. All their effort went into promoting this game to the UFC fans and the final product was sloppy as hell.

Please please please take away my avatar, screen name and battle records from cpu/offline matches. Get rid of customized cpu opponents. I don't want to fight against imaginary xTeKkEnPlAyErx and their horrendous color schemes. Save that shit for ghost battle and ranked VS only.

...and release better intros and endings. Part of my money for these home releases is to view these endings as nice reward for completing arcade mode. It's sad when T2 endings have more meat than this shit. "Hi, I'm Jin. I'm the main character. After all you've accomplished watch me leave in a helicopter. Congratulations, you win".

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So... I beat Leo's stage a second time (on medium) and didn't unlock any mokujin stage. Any idea why? I've read difficulty doesn't matter but since it didn't work, I guess I should try hard...?

Yes, do hard.

Edit: Edited for redundancy

MrDenny

scotcheggz said:
OK so I just won a match online, then got a DC, so I assumed the other guy rage quitted after the match had finished, nevermind. Nope, apparently it was me whose connection dropped becuase when I started the next match I got a message saying my last match hadn't finished properly and I would get penalised or something. Didn't record my win and made me feel like a bad guy. Nice one Namco, smart system you got for penalising rage quitters there... A. The match had finished and B. I WON?!?!

Online has been good to me so far, I figured I was just lucky and have been enjoying it very much. But now my bitter tears are causing me to drown!! :lol
Same thing happened with me. I got disconnected after I won, and got penalized for it with a loss.
I've been penalized 5 times already, so I decided to stop playing rank until they decide to patch things up.

Man, there are a lot of people avoiding me on LIVE because of this game. I don't understand why, either...(I noticed my rep percent went up in "Unsporting"). I'm pretty decent with Lars when I can land attacks and I usually anticipate my opponents coming in for an attack, countering with his u/f, A and mess with them with the following combo...are they spiting me? :(

Anyway, I fucking love this game so much. The music...I still can't get over how amazing it is.

Lightning Storm is definitely one of my favorite tracks ever now, along with Noh Theater. Of course, most of the track is amazing...Manji Valley, Tunnel Disaster, City After Dark, Electric Fountain...*squeal*

Tekken 6 has the catchiest character-select-screen music I've ever heard, too.

Lars <3

Dragunov <3

Ledsen

dragonlife29 said:
Man, there are a lot of people avoiding me on LIVE because of this game. I don't understand why, either...(I noticed my rep percent went up in "Unsporting"). I'm pretty decent with Lars when I can land attacks and I usually anticipate my opponents coming in for an attack, countering with his u/f, A and mess with them with the following combo...are they spiting me? :(

Anyway, I fucking love this game so much. The music...I still can't get over how amazing it is.

Lightning Storm is definitely one of my favorite tracks ever now, along with Noh Theater. Of course, most of the track is amazing...Manji Valley, Tunnel Disaster, City After Dark, Electric Fountain...*squeal*

Tekken 6 has the catchiest character-select-screen music I've ever heard, too.

Lars <3

Dragunov <3

Dude if you've ever played online on 360, no matter how good/bad you are and no matter if you use a mic or not (I don't)... you're pretty much guaranteed to have 40-60% "unsporting" feedback... I haven't heard of anyone who doesn't have it.

karasu

TEKKEN6.jpg

Breakin bitches in half with Feng Wei.

The T6 machine at gameworks was happening last night, and I can see why. Playing against live people on a noir cabinet >>>>>>>>> playing against laggy dudes on your couch.

At least I'll be able to use this for training. :D

Ryu1999

zoukka said:
Well the core gameplay is much like Tekken 5 which was miles ahead of TTT. (for casuals this isn't all that great of a game thanks to the poor SP though)

Debatable

"No" in my books.

DrDogg

A Twisty Fluken said:
The T6 machine at gameworks was happening last night, and I can see why. Playing against live people on a noir cabinet >>>>>>>>> playing against laggy dudes on your couch.

At least I'll be able to use this for training. :D

Which GW location are you referring to? I didn't stop by my local one last night but they always had T6.0 way overpriced and never got BR so we all played at a closer and much cheaper arcade that had BR.

Just got the LE Tekken 6 bundle yesterday, after not having played a Tekken game on a console since Tekken 3 way back when, this game feels great...I was concerned about the load times after seeing some reviews, but they aren't that bad, maybe 15 seconds long.

The online was really good for me yesterday, not sure if it was patched, as earlier posts said that online was really weak.

And the stick is the shiznit, the wireless is nicer than I thought it would be to have...Granted, I haven't bought an arcade stick since the Dreamcast days, but this thing is nice...Very happy with the purchase.

zoukka

Got mine. I have given my impressions already but let's do it one more time.

Campaign is a joke. Like a beat-em-up from the PS1 days. Only worse.
The story is so bad I'm constantly skipping cut-scenes. This is the first time this has happened in my history with Tekkens.
The endings are piss poor. I mean what the hell, the quality of the CGI is worse than in Tekken 5? How the hell can Namco explain this??

Arcade is pointless now that you don't unlock anything. Nancy was easy (beat her on my first try with Bryan), but my god at Azazel... I consider myself to be a fairly good player, but that shit is just ridiculous. My only losses in this game are from that bastard... though after you realise you can just poke it to death, you can't pretty much lose anymore.

This is a weird game. It's a new Tekken, so I just have to tolerate all the shit it pours on me. But all the negatives actually make this game worse than DR in my books. It's just that naturally that game will die after people move on to this so I'm forced to play Tekken 6.

Expanded movesets are always nice to master, but at the same time I'm playing the worse single player experience of this generation, suffering from loading times that weren't there on the freaking PS2 and waiting for an online patch to be able to play against human beings.

So I really have no other choice but to call this the worst Tekken ever released.

zoukka said:
Got mine. I have given my impressions already but let's do it one more time.

Campaign is a joke. Like a beat-em-up from the PS1 days. Only worse.
The story is so bad I'm constantly skipping cut-scenes. This is the first time this has happened in my history with Tekkens.
The endings are piss poor. I mean what the hell, the quality of the CGI is worse than in Tekken 5? How the hell can Namco explain this??

Arcade is pointless now that you don't unlock anything. Nancy was easy (beat her on my first try with Bryan), but my god at Azazel... I consider myself to be a fairly good player, but that shit is just ridiculous. My only losses in this game are from that bastard... though after you realise you can just poke it to death, you can't pretty much lose anymore.

This is a weird game. It's a new Tekken, so I just have to tolerate all the shit it pours on me. But all the negatives actually make this game worse than DR in my books. It's just that naturally that game will die after people move on to this so I'm forced to play Tekken 6.

Expanded movesets are always nice to master, but at the same time I'm playing the worse single player experience of this generation, suffering from loading times that weren't there on the freaking PS2 and waiting for an online patch to be able to play against human beings.

So I really have no other choice but to call this the worst Tekken ever released.

I think it looks more like TTT (which I feel is the better looking PS2 Tekken).

It sucks that the game is trash because I've been assured by top players that this is the best tekken ever and I get the game and ... this is it? Of course I knew what to expect watching shit tons of (disappointing) videos...

I almost feel that the elite players only enjoy it because it's new and has some differences to learn and not because it's worthy of the praise as far as true changes and progression is concerned.

Grow a pair, namco. Make some changes beyond adding new ways to expand combos or come back when you're almost dead. Whoopidy Doo.

Gyrian

I'm trying to enjoy this one, but the single player component is just embarrassingly bad... I'd have taken a Tekken Bowl campaign before this.

If only they hadn't set it pretty much on the spotlight.

As an extra, it might have flown, but the way it is I keep feeling like I'm playing a horrible beat 'em up that throws in a fighting game as a bonus. As someone else above mentioned, the cutscenes leave a lot to be desired. I actually fell half asleep in the very first one.

On the real game, I'm liking it quite a bit. I didn't mind the graphics as much as quite a few have. Some of it is disappointing, but it looks great overall. I'm digging the motion blur too despite the decrease in resolution. Looks beautiful with some moves.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
This game really does look like Tekken 5 DR. That's no lie.
It looks better than that...but not by a whole lot. The motion blur is super sexy, though, and I hope we see it in other 3D fighters down the road (without the impact on image quality).

allreal

UC1 said:

Still amazed that people buy fighting games for the single player content, and then complain about it.

i think when the single player is this bad, people have a right to complain. ESPECIALLY since tekken "single player" has always been its arcade mode. i really liked unlocking characters, items, and movies through arcade mode. but forcing us to play some wack ass scenario mode? fuk that.

Flek

Banned
so i just got this game today an wow .… in dont like it at all … well i go back to blazblue or something :/ But alissa is great … 

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I just came up with this idea. For Tekken 7, Namco should allow Avatar support in the X360 version. I know that MS won't allow avatars in violent titles (even though Avatar Drop and the Bomberman Live Avatar update say otherwise), but let me use my avatar, and be able to assign them the movelists of my main.

It would be genius!

Skilletor

/me has only played Versus and Practice.

Youtube endings, avoid shitty shit that has been added in each Tekken and always sucked.

UC1 said:

Still amazed that people buy fighting games for the single player content, and then complain about it.

Well not everyone plays for competitive purposes. Online was only JUST introduced and arcades have been abandoned for the most part in the U.S. Some of us (only have the option to) play casually against friends at home or against the cpu. It's funny when people expect people to play games a certain way and that's it.

FYI, if namco never created a story behind Tekken, you wouldn't be playing it. The game's story has a purpose and has decided who we fight as. If anyone who played T1 or T2 back in the day told you they were playing only because it was a deep fighter is lying. Only when people started taking the game to a competitive level did Namco start emphasizing on trying to bring back every figher they could think of and start creating new ones that becoame shittier and shittier with each installment for the sake of having ANOTHER new character or some strange and "unique' fighting style.

Anso

allreal said:
i think when the single player is this bad, people have a right to complain. ESPECIALLY since tekken "single player" has always been its arcade mode. i really liked unlocking characters, items, and movies through arcade mode. but forcing us to play some wack ass scenario mode? fuk that.

All characters are unlocked, you get money from all modes and movies from all modes.. I see no one forcing you?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
UC1 said:

Well, they can't be playing it for laggy online fighting. So, it's either unlocking single player junk or Vs mode.

Gyrian

Anso said:
All characters are unlocked, you get money from all modes and movies from all modes.. I see no one forcing you?

Sure, you get money from all modes, but you can do 150 fights to afford a pair of glasses, or a couple of runs through scenario. You're not forced, but I would like to try the character customization some.

Anso

Gyrian said:
Sure, you get money from all modes, but you can do 150 fights to afford a pair of glasses, or a couple of runs through scenario. You're not forced, but I would like to try the character customization some.

Tekken Roulette is your friend. Also, I tend to prefer a mix of the two. Since playing the regular game is actually FUN I don't mind 150 fights for glasses though

Gyrian

Anso said:
Tekken Roulette is your friend. Also, I tend to prefer a mix of the two. Since playing the regular game is actually FUN I don't mind 150 fights for glasses though

I do, since I usually don't get much time with it. Roulette is nice, but still not nearly as strong as the other option. I'm thinking the Gold Rush mode the PSP version is getting would be the better option. :/

Peff

What is the quickest easiest least painful way to get all the costumes?

The only way to get enough money for that is running through SC mode many times. Plus you get the chests which unlock items. But well, getting the money for each character's auras alone has to be pretty fucking annoying, let alone the rest of the incredibly expensive clothes.

Bebpo

Banned
Can anyone give a quick rundown on the get up game in Tekken? After 6 games I still don't quite get it and it leads to the death of me online. I'm a VF player and the getting up/rolling/staying down game feels like polar opposites. Same with the 3d dodge which feels much less useful in Tekken as I can't dodge much.

Basically when I get knocked down once I lose the match because it's very difficult for me to get back up in Tekken. I get continually beaten while down whether I sit, I roll backwards or sideways, or I do a rising kick which even if it hits I can't seem to follow up with anything and unlike VF it doesn't knock down. OTOH when I knock an enemy down I can't do much and so they get away scotch free. Unlike VF I'm not sure how to put the pressure on a downed opponent besides down stomps if the player has them.

How do I not let getting knocked down be the death of me in Tekken? I'm 0W10L in T6 online right now. I want to win 1 match!

Anso

RichardAM said:
Why would anyone play as a character because they liked their backstory? :lol

I totally would. I mained Jack-5 because of that!

Backstory: "BIG-ASS CRAZY WAR MACHINE"

Bebpo said:
Can anyone give a quick rundown on the get up game in Tekken? After 6 games I still don't quite get it and it leads to the death of me online. I'm a VF player and the getting up/rolling/staying down game feels like polar opposites. Same with the 3d dodge which feels much less useful in Tekken as I can't dodge much.

Basically when I get knocked down once I lose the match because it's very difficult for me to get back up in Tekken. I get continually beaten while down whether I sit, I roll backwards or sideways, or I do a rising kick which even if it hits I can't seem to follow up with anything and unlike VF it doesn't knock down. OTOH when I knock an enemy down I can't do much and so they get away scotch free. Unlike VF I'm not sure how to put the pressure on a downed opponent besides down stomps if the player has them.

How do I not let getting knocked down be the death of me in Tekken? I'm 0W10L in T6 online right now. I want to win 1 match!
I agree that sidesteps are less useful than in VF, there's so many moves that track them. The ground game is a lot more brutal in Tekken too, you gotta be quick on your techs. But then, people can anticipate your tech and "tech trap" you, so there isn't a best option for every instance. You should learn your characters ground combo, everyone usually has a 2 or 3 hit combo that starts off of a grounded opponent.

comedian

Hey all, i've played tekken 6 for a a couple of hours now, so this is my feeling towards it.

Graphically nice but not incredible, having just been playing uncharted 2 it does feel underwhelming(though not disappointing).
That said, as long as the fighting system is good and fun, the fact that it's not a graphic powerhouse is not the end of the world, and I have found the fighting a lot of fun. Rage is a nice touch and sure does make the game even more fun. Playing with friends is a blast :)

I'm not a huge fan of the campaign mode, the camera is awful and it's hard to use the right moves as the direction of the enemy is so important to which combination you will be executing. I kind of wish they just copy pasted "The bouncer" with tekken moves etc.. would have made for a much more enjoyable play through.

Story wise.. it's a fighter :)

I wish they fixed the online at the moment as it's absolutely terrible with lag, which has meant I have often just given up and do not dare a Rank match in fear of lag+disconnection.

I have purchased and played every Tekken since #2(I tried but never found #1 in my local shop and since purchasing games online hadn't become a norm yet, i never did), and I thoroughly enjoy playing this new iteration. Yes, the graphics aren't mind blowing, and the lag issues are terrible, and the campaign mode sucks(in my opinion) playing with friends or just in arcade mode I found the game to be a lot fun. And that's all that matters to me :)

MrPliskin

Banned
How about Namco removes the 3D character models during ALL FREAKING AREA'S.

I don't want it at start up. I don't want it during character selection. I dont' want it during pre-match.

GET RID OF IT ALL TOGETHER. Just throw in some really nice 2D stuff. Hell, the Menu could have been 100x better using only 2D assets that move. The game would load so much freaking faster.

Is anyone communicating these points to Namco? MarkMan?

Man, I love this game but I'm really beginning to feel what so many have been saying about the online. So many matches just have random outcomes because you don't know which of each player's inputs are getting through, and I know what's happening on screen isn't what each of us intended.

I'll stil keep playing though, I'll be ready for whenever a patch comes. I hope Namco really fixes this one, it's one of the best 2 or 3 fighters on the market.

MrPliskin said:
How about Namco removes the 3D character models during ALL FREAKING AREA'S.

I don't want it at start up. I don't want it during character selection. I dont' want it during pre-match.

GET RID OF IT ALL TOGETHER. Just throw in some really nice 2D stuff. Hell, the Menu could have been 100x better using only 2D assets that move. The game would load so much freaking faster.

Is anyone communicating these points to Namco? MarkMan?

Agreed, besides I love my 2D character portraits for fighting games! :D

Bebpo said:

One thing about rising off the ground. Just press up on the stick/pad to get up until you get a better feel for teching in Tekken. It will save you a lot of headache.

Sectus

360 version. To be fair, the lag was caused by the other player having a bad connection. Most online matches have no slowdown
but they still have input lag which is just as bad

MrPliskin

Banned
Pretty close to a platinum trophy, but honestly I'd rather wait for an online patch before I go for it (since those are the only ones I have left).

Glad to be "done" with SC though.

MrPliskin said:
Pretty close to a platinum trophy, but honestly I'd rather wait for an online patch before I go for it (since those are the only ones I have left).

Glad to be "done" with SC though.

It's not that bad as it is. Best way to get it is to make your own room and sit back with a magazine. :p Just kick people with red bars and play with green people. Usually if the matches aren't laggy, they'll stick around for many matches.

MightyKAC said:
Holy crap! I've never seen lag like that...

Which version is that one?

look at the avatars for a hint. btw, I've never seen it that bad on psn.

Top Bottom