• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

EktorPR

Zefah said:
Allow me to retract my previous comment.

Starting from the 2nd stage in the "Honeycomb Galaxy" this game turns into a fu*king masterpiece. It started out kind of boring for me, but it just keeps getting better and better as I go along!

Great. Now you go finish the game before you post any more premature "catastrophe" impressions, ok?

Zefah said:

Starting from the 2nd stage in the "Honeycomb Galaxy" this game turns into a fu*king masterpiece. It started out kind of boring for me, but it just keeps getting better and better as I go along!

I only liked metroid prime the first time I played it, then on the second time I was omfg in love with it. It happens.

Eteric Rice

Zefah said:

So it was slacking, and the game was like, "Oh shit he doesn't like me better up my notiches a bit" and BAM, you like it.

Wtf man. :lol

Eteric Rice said:
So it was slacking, and the game was like, "Oh shit he doesn't like me better up my notiches a bit" and BAM, you like it.

Wtf man. :lol

Maybe he's reached King Kai's planet and Mario went all KaioKen on him.

fernoca

sp0rsk said:
I just thought I'd mention that this is the WORLD WIDE THREAD. People who live in Japan have every right to talk about the game openly! It's our thread till whenever it comes out in America!
Yeah, but..
USE SPOILER TAGS IN THE OBVIOUS PARTS
Saying numbers on planets is not a spoiler per se, but saying who appears in the game and their roles (as the previous post said about a boss)!
As you said is a worldwide thread and the game has been released only in Japan..

Unless we can talk "openly" about that "Megaton spoiler on post #4938".. ;)

SantaC

OMFG!

The Super Mario Bros 3 music is back! I have advanced a lot furher into the game with 13 stars and I just noticed the glorious SMB3 music <3 <3

Bild009.jpg

how far are you sp0rsk?

Mar

Zefah said:

You could have just been in a funny mood the first time you played it. I've done the same thing many times. Started a game and thought it was absolute shit, and I couldn't believe I wasted my time with it. Come back the next day and its suddenly awesome.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
fernoca said:
Yeah, but..
USE SPOILER TAGS IN THE OBVIOUS PARTS
Saying numbers on planets is not a spoiler per se, but saying who appears in the game and their roles (as the previous post said about a boss)!
As you said is a worldwide thread and the game has been released only in Japan..

Unless we can talk "openly" about that "Megaton spoiler on post #4938".. ;)

To be honest, I wouldn't care.

However, this is Amir0x's thread. Perhaps I should make a thread where us importers can talk about the game without you whiney manbabies raging on us.

SantaC I'm on the 4th room, 34 stars

Zefah said:

We all love you again. :lol

SantaC

Mar_ said:
You could have just been in a funny mood the first time you played it. I've done the same thing many times. Started a game and thought it was absolute shit, and I couldn't believe I wasted my time with it. Come back the next day and its suddenly awesome.

the first galaxy is really boring, I thouht the same thing. But the game has picked up amazingly. There are lots of variety going in also in the gameplay.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the first galaxy was really lame in my opinion (other than the
Octopus King Boss
) I'm at 10 stars now and every stage just keeps getting better than the previous. There are just so many cool things in!

I feel like an idiot for downing the game based off the first couple of stages now.

fernoca

sp0rsk said:
To be honest, I wouldn't care.

However, this is Amir0x's thread. Perhaps I should make a thread where us importers can talk about the game without you whiney manbabies raging on us.

SantaC I'm on the 4th room, 34 stars
Manbaby... nah!
I don't care about spoilers anyway..
But considering I've been asked multiple times to "spoiler tag" mega-amazing spoilers like..."Zelda appears in Zelda"..

I DEMAND BLOOD! :lol

EktorPR

SantaC said:
the first galaxy is really boring, I thouht the same thing. But the game has picked up amazingly. There are lots of variety going in also in the gameplay.

so...it's like Zack & Wiki, minus the "zakuuu"?

SantaC

EktorPR said:
so...it's like Zack & Wiki, minus the "zakuuu"?

haven't played Zack & Wiki, but this is the best Mario game I played since Super Mario World. I like it a lot better than SM64.

SantaC

maybe I am weaksauce, but this Mario game is a lot harder than SM64 and SMS. Mainly because of 3 hits then you're dead. I welcome zee difficulty.

EktorPR

SantaC said:
haven't played Zack & Wiki, but this is the best Mario game I played since Super Mario World. I like it a lot better than SM64.

That's great to know. Super Mario World was amazing, but I thought 64 was better in the "wow" department...I guess the 3D thing really got to me. :lol

Tenbatsu

SantaC said:
maybe I am weaksauce, but this Mario game is a lot harder than SM64 and SMS. Mainly because of 3 hits then you're dead. I welcome zee difficulty.

Yeah, wait till you unlock those hidden challenges:lol

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
How does the diffilculty of the the main quest compare to Super Mario Sunshine's challenge? SMS seemed about right to me. I had to repeat certain missions several times to beat it, but never ended up "blocked" from progressing for long periods of playtime (unlike TooT, for example).

----

Another queston, should I play SM64(vc) before diving into this? (Never actually got that one for me N64.)

Vinnk

I'll have my copy in 35 minutes. I was sick yesterday and couldn't pick it up, Frankly I am still sick today, but some things are worth risking your health for. I finish work in a few minutes and I will pick it up on my way back. This is like Christmas times 1000...

Not sure if this has been reported, but I work at Toys R Us in the "R Zone" video game section and I saw an early copy of our ad running the week Galaxy comes out, and it said you get a $25 gift card when you buy Galaxy (11th-17th). Knowing the way it works there, the card would be for your next purchase. And a week or two back we ran a promotion where you get a free Wii Controller Slip when you pre-order the game. From how I know that store works, they don't have any way of checking when you pre-ordered so you should be able to still get the slip for free. And obviously, you get the coin if you pre-order upon pickup.

I'm going to preorder tomorrow and upon pick up, get all that free shit, and then probably get guitar hero 3 25 bucks off. sweet.

Wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread, so I just posted it in here. :D

Bebpo

Banned
I wasn't going to come into this thread anymore because I don't want to be spoiled.

But christ, this is the best game ever made. All other Wii developers should feel ashamed with their inability to create the most awesomest awesome ever with the wiimote's non-standard control ability.

2nd world, 1st hidden block spoiler:
Monkey ball got out-fucking-monkey'd

And I agree this game is better than Sunshine & 64. Then again I'm not a big 64 fan, I think I even liked Sunshine's better levels over 64.

Tristam

Bebpo said:
I wasn't going to come into this thread anymore because I don't want to be spoiled.

But christ, this is the best game ever made. All other Wii developers should feel ashamed with their inability to create the most awesomest awesome ever with the wiimote's non-standard control ability.

2nd world, 1st hidden block spoiler:
Monkey ball got out-fucking-monkey'd

And I agree this game is better than Sunshine & 64. Then again I'm not a big 64 fan, I think I even liked Sunshine's better levels over 64.

Damn, this game must get a lot better.* On Bebpo's scale it went from decent to awesome to best game ever made in three thread posts.

*Great news, since the first couple hours were the best of any game I've ever played!

Bebpo

Banned
Tristam said:
Damn, this game must get a lot better.* On Bebpo's scale it went from decent to awesome to best game ever made in three thread posts.

*Great news, since the first couple hours were the best of any game I've ever played!

What? I said it was fanastic from the start :p

1st levels were like 9.5/10, then 2nd levels were like 10/10 and then 10.5/10, etc...

EktorPR

*OFF TOPIC - WARNING: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

Hey Bebpo, from what Gundam series is your av?

*DANGER HAS PASSED FROM HERE ON, GO BACK TO YOUR NORMAL GALAXY DISCUSSION*

tnw

Banned
it's not a spoiler. people talk about what bosses in levels are what, and I mention a minor enemy in one of the first stages that bears a small resemblance to something in a previous game.

I never said I hated the game. I like it, I've said many positive things about. I don't see why it's not okay to say a few things I don't like about it. I still prefer the aestheic cohesiveness of earlier efforts like SMB2, SMW, and Yoshi's Island. I think developers confuse the love for SM64, and place that lack of aesthetic cohesiveness into one of its strong points, where I think that it was something that was easy to just look beyond because of so many other innovative things going on in that game.

I think it would have been fun to have some suits/power ups from earlier games. Feather is my favorite for sure, but a hammer bros. suit, etc from SMB3 would have been pretty awesome.

Plus it seems that a couple people like the game more in the later levels, which I haven't gotten to yet, so maybe I can join the circle jerk when I get to that point.

These threads are always like this. hypE, HYPE HYPE!!!!!!!HYPE!, and then 2 or 3 months from now, people will be more objective and critical of the game.

SantaC

Bebpo said:
What? I said it was fanastic from the start :p

1st levels were like 9.5/10, then 2nd levels were like 10/10 and then 10.5/10, etc...

more like this:

snack > dinner > luxury restaurant

Bebpo

Banned
I found my first level that wasn't perfect. ;_;

world 3, secret stage 1

the bubble level is alright, but it's more annoying than pure fun because you have to be really slow and careful. The other secret stages are waaaaay better

tnw said:
These threads are always like this. hypE, HYPE HYPE!!!!!!!HYPE!, and then 2 or 3 months from now, people will be more objective and critical of the game.

Yep.

2 months from now it'll be considered extremely lame and possibly even banworthy to come into a thread and start saying shit like: "OMG GALAXY IS SO AWESOME, NOTHING COMES CLOSE, GOTC"

DKJB79

Mario Galaxy will have a very very very long run in top 5 for the rest of 2007 in Japan, ala NSMB DS.
Then, explosion with wii fit :D

Sharp

I like how this is good news because of the omg legs. Smooth transition there! In other news, everyone relax and stop worrying about Sales-Age for now.

Top Bottom