• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

mik

mik is unbeatable
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Any word on when ea will release roster updates?
There was a roster update as soon as I popped it in last week that had all the recent transactions in it. (no Pryor or other supplemental draft stuff, but everything else)

DCX

DCX
TheCrow said:
Yeah it was, took me a second to remember that I did do that. It's all good, it just means we actually give a shit about the game. Unlike some other game that was recently released.
Says the man who got gifted a win ;)

DCX

Ramirez

Wellington said:
When I get the Bengals we'll have some insane battles. You and Striker are on notice!

I know, and my NAT is Open now, so you don't even have to go to your buddies apartment to play me! :p

TheCrow

DCX said:
Says the man who got gifted a win ;)

DCX
Another reason NCAA is a mess. If that happened to me during our Madden 10 league I'd be mad as hell.

Was hoping the Broncos would make some moves during the free agency but I guess I'll have to do most of the work.

LiveWire

TheCrow said:
Another reason NCAA is a mess. If that happened to me during our Madden 10 league I'd be mad as hell.

Was hoping the Broncos would make some moves during the free agency but I guess I'll have to do most of the work.

Don't forget you can bilk CB out of at least a 2nd round pick for Dawkins.

BigAT

Nightz said:
Their Twitter account said that an updated roster with offseason transactions will be out by the time Season Pass users get the game this Friday.

Edit: BTW, when are the real NFL supposed to cut down their rosters?
I believe the first cuts are on the 30th, second and final cuts are...September 3rd? I think.

bluemax

Banned
LukeSmith said:
He probably figured you were two comments away from quitting the league before it began.

I only bailed out last year because my 360 died and I was unemployed, thus unable to afford to repair it. We can't all parlay our fanboyism into steady, lucrative careers.

Rorschach said:
I didn't put you on the list because then I'd lose more respek points no matter where I put you. Turns out I lose either way!

Its not like I don't know I'm bottom tier. I haven't had a winning season since the Chargers were at the peak of over ratededness.

BigAT

mik said:
There was a roster update as soon as I popped it in last week that had all the recent transactions in it. (no Pryor or other supplemental draft stuff, but everything else)
Any idea if the updates are for ranked games or if it's the online franchise roster updates? The former doesn't really do us any good.

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
I only bailed out last year because my 360 died and I was unemployed, thus unable to afford to repair it. We can't all parlay our fanboyism into steady, lucrative careers.

Its not like I don't know I'm bottom tier. I haven't had a winning season since the Chargers were at the peak of over ratededness.
Why isn't Blue in the AFC south?! Lol

DCX

LukeSmith

bluemax said:

One song. Over and over.
Keep singing!

minstrel_1.jpg

TheCrow

Lonestar said:
I think I've missed the UberRookie Backs of the Madden series. Was Madden 11 as filled with them as 10 was?
Did we even play Madden 11 long enough to find out? How many seasons did we suffer through?

mik said:
How "ridiculous nonsense I won't miss from Madden 11" time?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31674013

I love A) running five yards backwards to get around the coverage, then B) kicking in the afterburners on the sideline and blowing by the entire team thanks to their godawful pursuit angles. Reggie Bush's speed rating was 112.

hilarious. he is so fast that by the time he reaches the endzone there are no defenders in the picture

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
mik said:
How "ridiculous nonsense I won't miss from Madden 11" time?

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/31674013

I love A) running five yards backwards to get around the coverage, then B) kicking in the afterburners on the sideline and blowing by the entire team thanks to their godawful pursuit angles. Reggie Bush's speed rating was 112.

oh god everyone was doing that in Madden 11. That was one of the things that pushed me over the edge on that game. It was always run straight up then cut hard and slightly backwards in either direction which always led to success

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
CB3 said:
oh god everyone was doing that in Madden 11. That was one of the things that pushed me over the edge on that game. It was always run straight up then cut hard and slightly backwards in either direction which always led to success

it wasn't a sure thing, but if you couldn't get downfield cleanly yourself on coverage it made it hard on you.

DCX

DCX
CB3 said:
L running.

DCX

mik

mik is unbeatable
With Reggie Bush, it was very nearly a sure thing. In that online franchise--which lasted four weeks before everyone concluded the game would never be fixed--I was averaging (averaging!) three KR TDs per game.

(in about three dozen games of Madden 12, I've returned one kickoff for a touchdown, and the CPU has returned one on me)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
mik said:
With Reggie Bush, it was very nearly a sure thing. In that online franchise--which lasted four weeks before everyone concluded the game would never be fixed--I was averaging (averaging!) three KR TDs per game.

ah ok

Rorschach

lol L running. I never understood what DCX was talking about until I saw it first hand. That wasn't "strategy." It was a straight up exploit.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
lol L running. I never understood what DCX was talking about until I saw it first hand. That wasn't "strategy." It was a straight up exploit.
Well, it wasn't used on me in just kickoffs but in running plays as it prompted me to the draw it out. Yes it was an exploit but at the time the player was denying it and just try to brush it off as me being bad at tackling or just bad at football.

DCX

mik

mik is unbeatable
It's the worst kind of "exploit," too: one you can't govern or eliminate. You can't just say "you can't cut back or pop runs to the outside." The game was just fucking borked.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
Nah, we never played for a title. Season I was in contention to have the BCS #2 seed I got passed during the last week by the CPU.

Just a wierd naming system on the video info. Guess it could mean "any" of the BCS games.

L Running was Madden 10. For some reason, I want to say DCX was yelling about it, because of Malley. I'm not 100% on that, though.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Just a wierd naming system on the video info. Guess it could mean "any" of the BCS games.

L Running was Madden 10. For some reason, I want to say DCX was yelling about it, because of Malley. I'm not 100% on that, though.
Nope, Malley was my dawg and he would never stupe to exploits.

It was against the Cowboys.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BTW AT, after a few seasons of progression mostly riding the bench behind Jacobs and Bradshaw, Andre Brown became a monster. Hold on to him!

Top Bottom