• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NBA 2k6 Season I Thread: Konex is my Kopilot.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Matrix said:
*Looks at DM and his money making ablity to hit threes at will with Gordon and Captain Kirk*

I was missing all sorts of inside shots Jobber,except for dunks.I couldnt hit a friggin wideopen jumpshot with Yao that game,but I also find playing against the Spurs I just cant score like I usually do.

Shots I normally make with ease dont go in,im talking wideopen shots,not hand in my face shots.

I hit the double team button for a defender to help under the hole and usually before I can switch over, the dunk happens. If someone like Rasho is defending Yao, it's a easy 2. The chance of you hitting a shot with a good defender(even is he isn't D' up) reduces your chance at a shot. That's why I hate Horry coming out and playing. He can't block shit. Only inside defenders I have is Muhammad and Duncan. Rasho and Horry are rebounders and shooters. If Duncan didn't get hurt so early, it would've been over by the half. And how bout that buzzer beater :lol a whole .1 left to lay it up.

Cloudy

Banned
jobber said:
Question: How come you guys jack up(pause) so many 3's yet we can't score in the hole?

I don't care either way cos I'll rarely lose against that but many folks I'm playing are taking 30 3s a game. Frikken ridiculous :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Cloudy said:
I don't care either way cos I'll rarely lose against that but many folks I'm playing are taking 30 3s a game. Frikken ridiculous :lol

That's why I think it's dumb telling me where I can score. DM is some how godly at shooting in this game. I'm not. I'm gonna go inside to stay in the game. That's what basketball is about.

I don't think we should hear anymore complaints about where points are scored. If the games are not blowouts then I don't see the reason to even bring the topic up.

qcf x2

If anyone wants to play a non-league game against me, my tag is USVI STAR

For whatever reason, I can't hit jumpers in the game, for anything. Completely wide open, perfect release, in and out or straight up brick. Even in practice, it says "perfect release" and it goes in about 10% of the time. Someone defending me? 0% Ridiculous. I miss the games where I could square up and hit the wide open J at an NBA level of about 55%.

And then I play online and people using Jason Williams and Gilbert Arenas and the like are just throwing up contested shots and swishing them in my face. What gives?

That and my inability to play defense (thanks to the fact that you can't really bump the ball handler) irks me. People regularly shoot 60% online because when I am sticking the point guard and I move with him, my guy always gets turned around or stuck in some retarded and unnecessary animation.

Yet I still try to shoot.

qcf x2

Fifty said:
Man this game can be totally ridiculous sometimes. Sure I might not make all the best decisions and get frustrated sometimes, but NBA players should not go 0-16 from 3 point, especially when about 12 of those are wide open 3's. I'm not even going to talk about the game Ben Gordon had....jesus.

I have an idea.....I want to take advantage of this game's cool live fantasy draft feature for leagues, and we're not going to do it after this league is done, it'll take too long. What a propose is a low pressure side league, with anyone who wants to join.

It won't replace this at all, and there will be less pressure to play your games, but it might be a lot of fun. DM, Coldblooded and Matrix said they'd be interested, so I only need 4 more to get it going.

Once again, I'm not trying to replace this league, I just think it's too cool of a feature for us not to try. If we did it with 8 people we could think up some rules whereby perhaps you can only draft one 90+ player or something like that. Basically the goal would be to have a team of your favorite players without only having superstars. Anyway, PM me if you're interested so we don't detract from this league

I'd gladly join.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
qcf x2 said:
If anyone wants to play a non-league game against me, my tag is USVI STAR

For whatever reason, I can't hit jumpers in the game, for anything. Completely wide open, perfect release, in and out or straight up brick. Even in practice, it says "perfect release" and it goes in about 10% of the time. Someone defending me? 0% Ridiculous. I miss the games where I could square up and hit the wide open J at an NBA level of about 55%.

And then I play online and people using Jason Williams and Gilbert Arenas and the like are just throwing up contested shots and swishing them in my face. What gives?

That and my inability to play defense (thanks to the fact that you can't really bump the ball handler) irks me. People regularly shoot 60% online because when I am sticking the point guard and I move with him, my guy always gets turned around or stuck in some retarded and unnecessary animation.

Yet I still try to shoot.

Odd, unless your shooting with shaq those should drop in. Anyways if you wanna play some games join our fantasy draft league, we only need a couple more people!

Edit: Beat Me to it!

http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=3614
Thats the link to the league

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I beg to the league commishoners to somehow delete Larry Hughes' injury. He was supposed to miss 1 more game with a toe injury.
I tried to take him outta my starting lineup in the lineup management part of the leauge and even checked my lineup before the tipoff and lo and behold Larry Hughes was still starting. I called a tieout after the first basket and took him outta the game and never played him again.
Well now when I check the injury page he is out for 2 more games and his toe injury has turned into a knee injury. He never played.

Please get rid of that injury for me.

Thank you.

Cloudy

Banned
qcf x2 said:
I'd gladly join.

You can also have Miami in this league cos the owner dropped :p

I don't think we should hear anymore complaints about where points are scored. If the games are not blowouts then I don't see the reason to even bring the topic up.

Blowout or not, I agree. The folks jacking up 3s with no conscience are the same ones complaining when you run fast breaks off their poor shot selection :lol

Cloudy

Banned
I'm not at home right now but I can play you multiple times tonight if you like. I'll fix the injury though :)

qfc X2, didn't you see my message to you? i invited you to our normal league. check your PM's at the 2ksports.com website. bob dropped out so you can have the heat

qcf x2

I didn't see the PM, but I do now. I'll check it out. I warn, it might be a few days until I can play though, as I'm moving tomorrow. If the place has cable internet, I'm good to go. If not, I gotta buy a wireless adaptor.

Must the Heat remain the Heat or can the team be swapped for another not in use (i.e. the Pacers)?

And are the regular rosters on or fantasy?

Zep

Banned
Well, I go back to school this upcoming week and its only a matter of time to tell if my schools internet is gonna be shitty again. So FMT, Kobex....what should I do if my schools access is bad just like in the madden league? I cant afford to come home every weekend like I did with the madden league as I have a lot of shit to do this semester.

This is pretty much the only thing holding me back from joining the fantasy league.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DaddyZ said:
Well, I go back to school this upcoming week and its only a matter of time to tell if my schools internet is gonna be shitty again. So FMT, Kobex....what should I do if my schools access is bad just like in the madden league? I cant afford to come home every weekend like I did with the madden league as I have a lot of shit to do this semester.

This is pretty much the only thing holding me back from joining the fantasy league.

Well that kinda sucks. Hope you can play.

What is your AIM again Daddy?

Cloudy

Banned
Daddyz, try to get in as many games as you can before you leave and we'll just see how the connection goes when you're at school.

PS: I'm good for games tonight after the Lakers :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Somebody needs to put a hit out on Ben Gordon. I don't think DM has shot less than 60% on me yet.

And all those threes = huge rebounds. The computer doesnt seem to be able to figure out how to get to the long rebounds.

Ugh.

jobber

Truelize said:
Somebody needs to put a hit out on Ben Gordon. I don't think DM has shot less than 60% on me yet.

And all those threes = huge rebounds. The computer doesnt seem to be able to figure out how to get to the long rebounds.

Ugh.

Easy, turn your crash boards and pressure all the way up and turn down your fast break down.

:lol I haven't played a complete game in a week and I still have the 2nd highest winning percentage

perhaps I can play someone in the next 5 minutes before I pass out. If not, I'll be around Tuesday..........Tuesday Bloody Tuesday

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
Easy, turn your crash boards and pressure all the way up and turn down your fast break down.

:lol I haven't played a complete game in a week and I still have the 2nd highest winning percentage

perhaps I can play someone in the next 5 minutes before I pass out. If not, I'll be around Tuesday..........Tuesday Bloody Tuesday

*cough*you play with the Spurs *cough* ;)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Its like someone taking the Patriots or Eagles in Madden,good that they can win with them,but its not shocking your getting the wins.

Jobber if you could play the way you play with the Spurs using say "THE BOBCATS" instead,well that line you wrote would come off as impressive,instead its like "duh,its the Spurs"

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
For some reason Cloudy's schedule generator put me against teams that I am unable to connect to... I dont play certain people, and the ones I do play (fifty, True, who knows about the rest) I cant connect for some reason or another... it just sits at the challenge screen until it shoots us back to the lobby... anyone else have this problem....?

jobber

Matrix said:
Its like someone taking the Patriots or Eagles in Madden,good that they can win with them,but its not shocking your getting the wins.

Jobber if you could play the way you play with the Spurs using say "THE BOBCATS" instead,well that line you wrote would come off as impressive,instead its like "duh,its the Spurs"

Well I nearly picked the Bobcats when I signed up, but the Spurs are wayyyy too beatable on this version over the XB1. Funny thing is when I play as random teams like the Clips or Jazz, I still win. My gameplay doesn't really change. It's basic basketball, penetrate the lane and kick out.

jobber

Malleymal said:
Thats F*cked... who wants to play tonight... we need to get this moving
mmm fresh meat

edit: fuck I already played all my games with you...

blah

*goes back in exile*

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Lets get a game in Matrix! I SEE YOU!

Captain Kirk and his 6/10 threes can go kill himself and he can take his overrated pal bordon with him >_<

I lost this game cause I can hit fucking free throws and the fact its hard ass fuck to hold a solid lead in this game.

GG otherwise :p

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Captain Kirk and his 6/10 threes can go kill himself and he can take his overrated pal bordon with him >_<

I lost this game cause I can hit fucking free throws and the fact its hard ass fuck to hold a solid lead in this game.

GG otherwise :p

Kirk and Ben, twin brothers from different mothers!

Gordon - 41 pts, 5 assists, 5 rebounds

Hinrich - 32 pts, 12 assists, 3 rebounds

:lol

jobber

What kind of D are you playing o_O

Edit: it may be by chance..but I've noticed, when I double team someone driving leaving someone open outside the 3 point line, if I don't go after a block, the shot 9 times out of 10 doesn't go in, but if I jump at the shooter, it goes it.

Matrix

jobber said:
What kind of D are you playing o_O

Dm forgot to put up my numbers which were better than his,he didnt play much D either.He got two 4 pt plays on threes in the game and won it at the ft line,making 18/19 while I went 10/19 :|

I played manual D all game but they call too many f-ing fouls,Yao fouled out,dm almost lost Gordon.I used the default D sets all ready chosen,I play a lot of man to man. Inside box zones to me are cheap in the game and when I do play 3-2 zone D it doesnt make a difference against players like Kirk and Gordon anyway,cause the last game I played against DM using 3-2 they went off anyway.

I also had to double Kirk and Ben a lot because if I dont DM just pulls up for a EASYthree,but it leaves one of them open anyway.I lose no matter what having to play against such overrated fuckers.

jobber

Matrix said:
Dm forgot to put up my numbers which were better than his,he didnt play much D either.He got two 4 pt plays on threes in the game and won it at the ft line,making 18/19 while I went 10/19 :|

I played manual D all game but they call too many f-ing fouls,Yao fouled out,dm almost lost Gordon.I used the default D sets all ready chosen,I play a lot of man to man. Inside box zones to me are cheap in the game and when I do play 3-2 zone D it doesnt make a difference against players like Kirk and Gordon anyway,cause the last game I played against DM using 3-2 they went off anyway.

I also had to double Kirk and Ben a lot because if I dont DM just pulls up for a EASYthree,but it leaves one of them open anyway.I lose no matter what having to play against such overrated fuckers.

You got to turn your D Pressure up and play them tight. When they have the ball, use your stance and stay in their face. If you got to change up the defenders who guard him then do it. Nothing cheap like Yao guarding Gordon, but a SF might work.

I remember DM put T Mac on Parker to shut him down...and it worked :(

Matrix

I always put pressure up,its useless and I always play manual D.Im beggining to think maybe its time I let the cpu play more D and maybe I'll win a fucking game sometime soon.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I brought the two-headed monster that is Kirk & Gordon to it's knees FINALLY.

First time I've ever beaten DM at a basketball game and possibly the first time I've ever beaten him online at anything.

Kirk and Ben still shot really well, but I got enough hoops when I would find the open man when he doubled or when I would get a rebound off his missed threes and would outlet it.
If a team takes a lot of threes they can usually get run on easier. That's basketball for you.

But Ben Gordon is messed up man. DM pounded a couple of Bron/Tmac/Kobe dunks on my bigs with him. Get serious man. Ugh.

I think I'm above .500 now. :D

K I had a really good night with this game. Beat all three of the top teams. That felt nice:)

Could someone put Jobber into my schedule so I can play him in the regular season. He needs to feel my wrath.

jobber

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i think joey jojo would play as miami

i guess not... now i simulate all of miamis games. free wins!

ah hell no...You just kicked me to 7th place :(

Revenge will be brought and it will be painful.

AkaBalla

Lets get this ish rolling so the Celts can come home with the championship. Tell em' Konex who was the beast back then..

lets hurry this up! i need to have this league and the fantasy league done before school starts, i only have time for the TRUE GAF league... madden ps2!

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lets hurry this up! i need to have this league and the fantasy league done before school starts, i only have time for the TRUE GAF league... madden ps2!

No true gaf league takes place on the archaic PS2! Or with only you DM, CK and Bob. This is a splinter league operating outside the sanctions of the true madden community!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I should be able to play a game for either league in about 15. Hit me up on aim or post here

Matrix

Anyone want to play?

Top Bottom