• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NBA 2k6 Season I Thread: Konex is my Kopilot.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Yeah man that was tense. I could feel the turn when Tony Parker hit the buzzer beater from mid court at the end of the third. I was very lucky to have Caron Right there next to KG to bail me out. If that were anyone else that would have been a missed shot. GG

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
bah, Van Exel's 3 with 5 seonds left to tie was more "holy crap it went it".

Seriously, I need to do some major revamping. I can't be losing my last 3 of 4 games.

Heads will roll!

First is the CPU for putting that crappy Barry, Finley, Van Exel sub in AGAIN.

jobber

ok I know he had a bruised hip for 2 games but..........
PG Parker, Tony San Antonio 1194 Games

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man I'm still a useless three point shooter online. I don't know how you guys all do it. Teach me.

Played two games today. First one was akaballa and couldn't really defend him very well. Lots of easy buckets. Second one was Cold and it was a really slow, and really predictable game. Won that one without Lebron (went out with a strained MCL in the second quarter).

Cold: so what did you do? Just set everyone to tight, set Lebron to double team always and then just control KG on defense and let the computer do all the work for you??
I think yes. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
jobber said:
ok I know he had a bruised hip for 2 games but..........
PG Parker, Tony San Antonio 1194 Games

HAHA VC hates its most loyal supporter.

Poor Jobber.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Truelize said:
Cold: so what did you do? Just set everyone to tight, set Lebron to double team always and then just control KG on defense and let the computer do all the work for you??

Hello can of worms,would you like to be opened up? :p

CB3

Truelize said:
Man I'm still a useless three point shooter online. I don't know how you guys all do it. Teach me.

Played two games today. First one was akaballa and couldn't really defend him very well. Lots of easy buckets. Second one was Cold and it was a really slow, and really predictable game. Won that one without Lebron (went out with a strained MCL in the second quarter).

Better than running the fast break every rebound and running around the post to get an open dunk. Now'll you'll say well so did you, but that was olny after you got a 12 point lead in the first quarter and i figured there was no way i was gonna win unless i did the same

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
Hello can of worms,would you like to be opened up? :p

Hey it's me. I mention if a player does this after every game. No big worries. I still beat him. It's not as easy to use the computer to help you win in 2k6 as it was in years past.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
ColdBlooded33 said:
Better than running the fast break every rebound and running around the post to get an open dunk. Now'll you'll say well so did you, but that was olny after you got a 12 point lead in the first quarter and i figured there was no way i was gonna win unless i did the same

I don't remember you running much at all man. That game felt really slow. But when you can't shoot you run. Well... I can't shoot. So I run. I should use the Suns then my style would suit the team better.
And I would have to walk around the post cause you would be manually double teaming me with KG and trying for a charge every now and then. Walking avoids charges.

I just try to take what the defense gives me.

CB3

It also sets up eeeeeeeaaaassyyy dunk that are pretty much unblockable, and if you try you get a foul. Im not that upset im just saying that if a couple people are gonna run the fast break, i think rules are gonna need to be revised/

truelize you had 74/96 points in the paint against aka? that is pretty shady dude. i know you are "taking what the defense gives you", but that is excessive. i know you complain about people not playing man defense on the ball, well driving to through the lane for an easy dunk everytime is even worse. im not talking complete shit cause i didn't play you, but you can't complain about people not playing man-D on the ball and then use the well-known bullcrap dunk plays. i'm pretty sure everyone in the league knows you can run down the floor, randomly pass it into the paint to someone and get a free dunk appox. 80% of the time if you wanted, but what fun is that? i approve of passing inside now and again, especially if you have a man wide open, but 80% of your points in the paint is a bit ridiculous

AkaBalla

FrenchMovieTheme said:
truelize you had 74/96 points in the paint against aka? that is pretty shady dude. i know you are "taking what the defense gives you", but that is excessive. i know you complain about people not playing man defense on the ball, well driving to through the lane for an easy dunk everytime is even worse. im not talking complete shit cause i didn't play you, but you can't complain about people not playing man-D on the ball and then use the well-known bullcrap dunk plays. i'm pretty sure everyone in the league knows you can run down the floor, randomly pass it into the paint to someone and get a free dunk appox. 80% of the time if you wanted, but what fun is that? i approve of passing inside now and again, especially if you have a man wide open, but 80% of your points in the paint is a bit ridiculous

Thank You.. I admit i did the same thing he was doing because hell he wants easy baskets i can surely cheese a cheeser shit it's not that hard ask Konex... :lol

Matrix

"Now we got a real league boys,let the fighting begin!"
John-madden.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:

If you don't play man D, I am gonna run your computer players into the ground. I didn't even have Bron after he went out in the 2nd. If he is gonna only control KG on defense I am gonna take KG to the hoop. I mean it's Donyell Marshall not Lebron James here. And they weren't dunks. Put backs, layups on the break. Lots of different hoops.
Don't try to call me out when I actually play defense man. Geesh. I wasn't upset with how Cold played. Not at all. I was just buggin him.
And I didn't play dribble around for an hour and then go for a dunk. I swing the ball until he would leave a man open under the hoop (usually the guy he was supposed to be checking) and then pass the ball down under.

AkaBalla

Your reffering to the Twolves game... What about ours? I played on the ball defense... I ran man to man until you stared dunking everytime so i switched to the 2-3 and still played on the ball.......

dude, it takes NO SKILL at all to score points in the paint in this game. i swear to god i could give my gf who has NEVER PLAYED a basketball game in her life the controller, give her a 15 second tutorial on how to score in the paint, and she could probably put up 80 points a game if that's all she did. that is flat out bullshit, i don't really care whether someone is playing man up D on you or not. here is all you need to do.

1. run down the court
2. hit right bumper
3. hit L
4. Hold R trigger + X
5. repeat to get 70+ points in the paint

you are calling people out for not playing man defense and then you do something that is much, much more cheesy

p.s. just giving my opinion on the situation. this is konexs league :D

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Dont worry about Bob, he quit after losing his first game :lol

My 1 year old nephew could have given me a better game using the Heat.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man I was NOT calling him out. I was just making a joke. Freak! Anyone that has ever looked in a NBA league thread knows that I always make a comment about how people play defense. I was freakin being sarcastic. I won the game man.

I wasn't bitching at all.

And as far as the Celtics game was concerned against Akaballa, I don't recall dunking everytime down the court man. Just cause it's hard to guard Lebron and it stings when you can't guard him does not mean using him is cheese.

FMT: Have you ever thought that maybe when someone gets the majority of their points in the paint that that is because those are the hoops that go in?? If a team hits 45% of it's shots and 80% of the points scored are under the basket wouldn't that show that that player is not very good outside of the paint?
Are you saying that if a teams misses 5 outside shots in a row that they should NOT go to the hoop to try and stop the drought??
It doens't mean that a player is playing cheese and is only going for dunks and close shots. It could mean that a team does not shoot well from outside so it HAS to take advantage of the fast break and open shots under the basket.

If I was just hitting the right button and then the L trigger wouldn't my centre have a lot of points??????

Back to reality here : I just finished my game against DM. Played the game without Lebron because we have all allowed injuries even though they happen WAY too often and Larry Hughes goes down. And then the computer glitched when it took him out. It took him out and then put him right back in and wouldn't let me select him to take him outta my lineup. So I had to play several times up and down the court until the commentators said what his injury was and then it let me take him out.
So if he's hurt bad it's gonna be because the game wouldn't let me sub him out. Not cool. In game injury was a sprained toe.

K I just checked the injury status for my players. Are we seriously gonna go by these injury rules?? Lebron is out for 170 games with a sprained MCL.

Matrix

Bye Bye Bron Bron :(

Ok who wants to play me now that is on my schedule?

Matrix

GET READY FOR YAOZERS WORLD!

Matrix

DaddyZ said:
meet me in the lobby dookie.

You came into the lobby and left,whats up?

Matrix

That was fun missing 50 million point blank layups under the basket with Odom and Ming and I have lost the ablity to make fts again...joy.

GG daddyz,sorry about doubling like crazy at the end but you walk the ball up a ton so I was trying as fast as possible to get the ball back when you went up double digits in the 4th.

edit- ugh I just noticed that Wade leads the league in scoring,hes played one game..someone fix the schedule and take the Heat out of the league or find someone to use them >_<

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
That was fun missing 50 million point blank layups under the basket with Odom and Ming and I have lost the ablity to make fts again...joy.

GG daddyz,sorry about doubling like crazy at the end but you walk the ball up a ton so I was trying as fast as possible to get the ball back when you went up double digits in the 4th.

edit- ugh I just noticed that Wade leads the league in scoring,hes played one game..someone fix the schedule and take the Heat out of the league or find someone to use them >_<

Yea, you missing those layups were weird...they would've won you the game. As for the freethrows, I have a method that makes 80% of the FT's go in. Hold down the right stick for 1 sec and let go...and it might seem weird because it seems like you'll be releasing to early but works like a charm for my good shooters.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:

I Only do that because I dont like playing the *konex* game...

CB3

Ill use the heat along with my timberwolves if you guys wanna let me :) Im off for the rest of the week so i can easily catch up

Matrix

DaddyZ said:
Yea, you missing those layups were weird...they would've won you the game. As for the freethrows, I have a method that makes 80% of the FT's go in. Hold down the right stick for 1 sec and let go...and it might seem weird because it seems like you'll be releasing to early but works like a charm for my good shooters.

I'll try that on the fts next game,thanks for the tip.I guess im waiting too long again or pressing the thumbstick down too hard :\

That was my first game ive played where I missed those kinda layups over and over :( Id rather have had them blocked,it was just annoying.

I know why you were walking it up,it was just making me double more thats all.This game I couldnt get any key turnovers.

Cold- is it even possible to have two teams with the same player?

jobber

I hate when people join a league and then trash the game after 1 game. WTF did you join for?!?!?!.

(this goes back to the first season)

Edit: I'm thinking people only play games cause their friends play it. That's ghey.

Zep

Banned
jobber said:
I hate when people join a league and then trash the game after 1 game. WTF did you join for?!?!?!.

(this goes back to the first season)

Edit: I'm thinking people only play games cause their friends play it. That's ghey.

wanna play?

jobber

uh..I tried to challenge you earlier and you ran with your tail tucked between your legs. Thanks to Matrix loss earlier, I win Division 3 and can rest my starters more. It's prep time.

yea....

Zep

Banned
jobber said:
uh..I tried to challenge you earlier and you ran with your tail tucked between your legs. Thanks to Matrix loss earlier, I win Division 3 and can rest my starters more. It's prep time.

yea....

whaatt?? me......run? I dont think so scrap...

Be on in 54353-8-84393minutes.

Fifty

Man I wish we could take advantage of the fantasy draft feature this game offers. I've always wanted something like that in a sports game, and here it is, going to waste. 8 people is the minimum to create a league, and I doubt I'd get 7 people willing to do another league on top of this, I just wanted to let my frustrations be known since it would be damn cool to have a league with fantasy-drafted players. :(

CB3

Fifty said:
Man I wish we could take advantage of the fantasy draft feature this game offers. I've always wanted something like that in a sports game, and here it is, going to waste. 8 people is the minimum to create a league, and I doubt I'd get 7 people willing to do another league on top of this, I just wanted to let my frustrations be known since it would be damn cool to have a league with fantasy-drafted players. :(

Hey if you wanna go for it im sure i could fine time. Sounds fun :)

jobber

DaddyZ said:
whaatt?? me......run? I dont think so scrap...

Be on in 54353-8-84393minutes.

......i'll give you another 8.5 minutes. Gotta get ready to go back to the 9-5.

Bogut has been injured my last 3 or so games. My team is fucking gimp without him. Then my only fucking decent PF (I only have one PF), and one of my good SF get "hurt" within the first two seconds of the game. Seriously, fuck this game. Every game I get a boatload of injuries and my opponents never get one. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck... This... Game.

0-5! LET THE STREAK CONTINUE! WHAT A MAGICAL SEASON!

Top Bottom