• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG Bugbear's 'Next Car Game' has the most incredible destruction ever!

drotahorror

AhhhhhhhhhhHHHhh that driver!

xHVuv8k.jpg

Sorry about the quality there. I didn't have AA turned on, looks kind of poop. Speaking of which I tried the game maxed completely out (cept shadows on medium slider) and it runs really well. Tried that same track again and got no less than 51fps but most of the time above 70. Also I keep the car count down to 12. Game runs really well. Can't wait for this game to be complete!

Thrakier

I was coming to post just the opposite. Just bought and played for about an hour. Amazing ridiculous fun. It reminds a bit of old school over the top gaming - I had a smile on my face the whole time.

I have a GTX 670, an old i7 (860 - at 2.8ghz), and 12GB ram, and it ran great with all the settings up except shadows which I left in the middle.

This game really made me happy - it was a steal at $17.99, even if it never gets another car, track, or improvement.

edit: I also had dynamic reflections off.

Makes no sense, really. I have an i5 2500k at 4.2ghz and a 660ti running at 670 level and I can never hit a stable 60FPS with everything on max. Even after the new patch, there is plenty of slowdown. It really depends on the track although, I feel like the grass really kills the engine.

Hugstable

Banned
Read the topic title really fast right when I woke up this morning, and I thought for some reason I was entering a topic dedicated to these cuties.

WfUqDY0.jpg

I guess I need to get more sleep -__-

microtubule

2.8MB hotfix update via Steam and it seems to be getting good community feedback so far.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,5526.msg46989.html

CHANGE LIST:
- Increased steering angle and retuned controller settings. Especially gamepad and keyboard controllers should be more responsive now.
- Retuned all cars and suspension setups so that the cars would behave more realistically - with most suspension setups the cars now have a tendency to understeer while cornering unless grip is lost, at which point the cars will exhibit oversteer. However, except for the most extreme situations the oversteer should be manageable. In many cases different suspension setups now also have a significant effect on the car handling, so be sure to test them all to find your favorite!
- Increased tarmac and gravel friction.
- Reworked Stability Control profiles; the Full setting has more strength now while the Half setting should only counter for most serious errors by preventing from spinning out.
- Retuned brake balance for all brake kits to tame the tendency to spin when braking while cornering.
- Implement a three second no-collision cooldown period for resetting the car.
- Increased player advantage in car-to-car collisions.
- Increased wheel strength for 01_American (American Muscle) to prevent it detaching too easily.
- Reduced deform strength in minor impacts.
- Added a few more aggressive AI profiles.
- Added Sandpit1 alternative route, both normal and reverse layouts.
- Added Look Left and Look Right camera controls support for keyboard.
- Removed the obsolete Reverse Camera keybinding, should fix cases in which the Look Back button was not working when Reverse Camera was binded.
- Fixed an issue in which the vehicle strip in garage was out of screen boundaries when using extreme wide resolutions.
- Reduced vertical size of the launcher window to make it fit nicely on certain laptop screens.
- Set V-Sync to disabled by default.

TJP

An update is coming: http://www.bsimracing.com/next-car-game-build-6-coming/

Bugbear Entertainment is almost ready to release build #6 of Next Car Game.

The big news is that from Build 6 on, Next Car game will feature online racing. The development team reports that the network code is ready for internal testing. They admit that in this stage of development, the code will still have its problems, but that its perfectly normal for a Work in progress. on the vehicle side of things, if all goes well, the new build will introduce a new car resembling a European Coupe. If there are issues whit the new car model, it might be pushed to Build #7.

klodeckel

Banned
I hope that with the relatively "easy" publishing possibilities on both current gen systems, this game will find it way on XBO and PS4. My PC simply can't handle this :'( I don't want to port beg, I just hope that they can find a broader audience.

Oh and it's great that they finally included online racing. Really interesting to see how well the netcode will work together will al the damage and physic objects. I expect this is not easy work for Bugbear to synchronize everything.

aravuus

Well it hardly works right now but yes yES YES MULTIPLAYER

I'm gonna play this game so goddamn much when it's out of early access

Thrakier

I love the game especially the online mode. Its just pure old destruction derby fun like back in the day. Team deathmatch and figure 8 races are amazing. I'm sitting in front of my screen giggling like a little boy. Don't know when that happened the last time.

Top Bottom