• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMG Bugbear's 'Next Car Game' has the most incredible destruction ever!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
OH. MY. GOD.

11522957475_907a375c21_o.gif

11522956445_93e7e38ccb_o.gif

http://nextcargame.com/

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Looks like they are running the crowdfunding as an ongoing thing ala Project Cars & Star Citizen now instead of KS. Link to the page is in the OP now if anyone wants in.

11523133834_6feceff227_o.gif

Nethaniah

Been having quite a bit of fun with the early access version, haven't tried hooking up my wheel yet but it seems to support triple monitor resolutions out of the box and this is just an alpha, think it's great that they're focusing on pc first.

Edit: I wonder why it's not on sale yet, they need to get this stuff out there.

epmode

Good god, I would have been on that failed Kickstarter in a second if had seen that first video. I don't know why I ignored it in the first place. It's not like Criterion will ever be let out of EA's basement again.

The early access build better let you play that test mode.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you get if you sign up now.

epmode

Wow, they're already well above their failed Kickstarter total for the campaign. $246,000 and counting versus $81,000.

Nokterian

Make a spiritual successor to Red Faction Guerilla Bugbear! DO IT!

I am laughing at Battlefield 4 now. This is breaking stuff how it should have been to be honest.

Schrade

This looks fucking awesome.

I want a Destruction Derby now.

Psygnosis :(

And that guy in the video is fucking annoying.

I'm iffy on starting up the early access build. Generally don't like unfinished broken games. Especially ones I'll probably enjoy a bunch when they're done. And when that build's out, a lot of the oomph will have been taken out of it by me playing incarnations of the thing for months.

Or at least that's my concern with this early access business.

Lies. Most incredible destruction ever is the Lego games, where everything explodes into a million lego pieces.

That looks pretty good though. The stuff falling is nice.

aravuus

Absolutely loved Flatout so this game is a no-brainer for me. Gonna back it after Christmas when I have a bit more money.

epmode

OK, so the tech demo runs incredibly well. I easily clear 60 FPS at 2560x1600 at full settings on a GTX 570.

edit: Well, ambient occlusion drops below 60 so I leave that off.

Bsigg12

E tu battlefield?

Looks really really good and a solid 60fps? A lot of company's should learn from this.

I'm willing to bet Frostbite 3 could do the same thing at that level of detail. It's when you add in the rest of the textures, AI and possibly other players to see if it will still maintain that. Not trying to knock on the demo though, it is entertaining.

Randam

okay, has some clipping, not not as mutch as i expected.

but the aliasing is pretty bad.
and the camera sucks.

free demo is running over 120 though

Top Bottom