• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One month from today: BioShock Infinite

Zefiro

Banned
Wrong. It has been said multiple times that you have to unlock the 1999 mode via a code.

That's very nice to know.
Now that my hopes are up im curious about what are they doing with the PC version, with all the good ports we got lately, i hope we get at least a FoV slider and some nice custom UI pices.

That's very nice to know.
Now that my hopes are up im curious about what are they doing with the PC version, with all the good ports we got lately, i hope we get at least a FoV slider and some nice custom UI pices.

You get both plus hi-res textures and DX11 effects.

NBtoaster

Wrong. It has been said multiple times that you have to unlock the 1999 mode via a code.

From the Steam description:

1999 Mode – Upon finishing BioShock Infinite, the player can unlock a game mode called “1999 Mode” that gives experienced players a taste of the kind of design and balance that hardcore gamers enjoyed back in the 20th century.

Tomorrow afternoon my friend. Wait it out.

tumblr_lj9m8cmpc31qchn9zdl.gif

Raxus

Does anyone know if its been confirmed that we can turn off hitmarkers? nothing breaks the immersion of a game quite like them for me

People may acquire early copies from Mom and Pop stores and they will start popping up really soon. Heck some already have. Just PM a person who does have an early copy to ask.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I gotta say i'm getting a little bit scared now looking for Infinite news. Guess i'll stop that now. I really don't want this game to be ruined by some random asshole on the interwebz.

Andrew.

Banned
We also have to kinda watch out for random assheads on GAF as well.

There had to have been at least one time where some random member or junior dropped in, dropped a bomb and then bounced out of the thread.

StuBurns

Banned
Two weapon limits are not inherently bad. They're just associated with lazy design. "Oh, a rocket launcher, I better pick that up because clearly a helicopter is about to appear", etc. If the game treats us with an ounce of respect, there won't be any of that crap, but we'll see.

surly

Banned
If you pre-order on GMG, you don't get the Steam pre-order rewards. I wondered the same thing, but it was confirmed on the GMG forums. I can't complain though, as I pre-ordered Infinite for £23.99 and got BioShock 1 and 2 for free. GMG are currently offering a free game with Infinite for £23.99, with a choice of 5 or 6 different games.
It's probably been mentioned already, but the info I posted above is no longer true. You do get the XCOM download for free from GMG, even if you pre-ordered BioShock: Infinite back when it was not part of the deal.

I just received my keys for Infinite and XCOM via email from GMG just now. They also sent me a code for something called "ZTZ1". I don't know what that is, but the key was not accepted by Steam.

All in all, this turned out to be a pretty amazing deal. I got 4 games for £23.99.

Top Bottom