• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the greatest things about NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Chu

Banned
I come for the gifs.

7f8d80c81fae.gif

You hatin' on my animated avatar son?

Also, if you use that script how do you keep track of people when you have avatars turned off. That's my main way of identifying people.

JimiNutz

Banned
The only thing missing from GAF is a monthly newsletter lol.
Like a bunch of Gaffers should produce a newsletter with links to the best threads/funniest pics/posts of the month or something - for us people that can't browse all day like we used to :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dice said:
However, GAF stays simple. It doesn't continue to add pointless features, and it doesn't pull other things in or sell itself to others. I really fucking appreciate that a lot. Here's to over a decade of consistency! We did it, GAF!

No. But it continues to remove things people used (search, smileys, post history).

(USER WAS BANNED BY EVILORE FOR THIS POST)

Smilies are a plague. Few things are more annoying on forums than people quoting someone they were having an argument with and putting 10 fucking laughing smilies underneath what they said.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i kinda wish there was a way to tag a thread "politics" "atheist" etc.. when you create it so you could filter threads out.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
DUFFMCWALIN said:
Oh damn these American sites for being American. I like Gaf a lot, just sometimes some threads make me want to swallow a bottle full of sleeping pills.

Don't let us hold you back.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Everything about gaf is perfect, except for the lack of search. That's fuckin bullshit. It should be an optional paid feature or something.

My favorite highlights of Neogaf certainly include massive bannages in gaming threads. Some threads turn into instant graveyards. I like the fact that there is healthy moderation. No idiot can post hateful youtube comments and get away with it and there's very little room for fanboyism in the gaming threads. You have to turn your fanboy tags at the door. Although some hateful rhetoric gets away sometimes in Off Topic, which I don't like.

dudeworld

DUFFMCWALIN said:
Oh damn these American sites for being American. I like Gaf a lot, just sometimes some threads make me want to swallow a bottle full of sleeping pills.

really? an internet forum makes you wanna down a bottle of pills?

smh

Brinbe

Good points made all-around, but personally, I just like the community more than anything. At least in the OT, I've generally come across a more mature/intelligent, but still hilarious, bunch than other places online.

The disappearance of the :lol is a good example. People have been creative with it on here, and I don't really mind that it's gone.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Chinner said:
the great thing about gaf is that people still make terrible puns in threads about people getting murdered. or raped. or abused. its basically a bunch of white kids laughing at other peoples problems.
So what you're saying is everyone on GAF is either white or a duck?

yea i love this little place. i'm kind of GAF noob but anyway.. my favorite forum site by far.

my favorite thing about NeoGAF is probably how i'm one of the stupidest people here, so there's a lot to learn from all of you. especially in religion/politics/science threads, oh man.. i love analyzing both sides of arguments. i think there are some brilliant minds here.

Brannon

Government-man said:
I love NeoGaf but the one thing bugging me is animated avatars. Some are worse than others though.

Edit:
AeYxX.gif
is gold.

Pretty sure there are programs that block avatars, I know Firefox has a couple.

EDIT: beaten so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom