• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Chase17

I've been spouting this for years I really hope they just eat him. I've finally found a home.

You just got on

Zoro.png

Red Fire

Who doesn't love Blackbeard

Who doesn't love ugly fat sick fucks!

I haven't left. Yet.

I asked him what he was even talking about and he said I wasn't worth engaging and put me on ignore. I don't know how I could have handled that differently.

I don't know how he wanted that conversation to go.

"B-dubs: All your posts and analysis suck
Me: Okay!"

?

My initial post was supposed to be light hearted and jokey but everyone took it too seriously and analysed it too much haha

I read everything, i know what was going on

I wasn't attacking you or anything if it seemed that way

Veelk

Banned
Veelk you love to torture yourself seemigly too much to leave.

Possibly, but this arc has really soured my taste on OP as a whole. This is the first arc that I got genuinely invested in since I think Water 7. Maybe Marineford if I'm being generous. It felt like Oda was gonna...atleast entertain some of the stuff I've wanted to see for a while now. Intelligent and female villains who give no fucks, battle with the yonko, etc. But it was a trap and he doubled down on everything instead. I'm not saying the arc was a total failure, there's still a bit I like about Big mom if no one else, but it kinda crushed my dreams a bit.

So, at this point, I'm genuinely asking myself, what am I reading for? Reverie, for example, sounds like a cool concept, for a lot of different reasons. But at this point it's pretty clear it's not going to happen in a way I'm gonna like it. So how am I supposed to hype myself up?

My initial post was supposed to be light hearted and jokey but everyone took it too seriously and analysed it too much haha

That's literally what happened to me, so no worries.

I read everything, i know what was going on

I wasn't attacking you or anything if it seemed that way

I know, I didn't take it that way. I was just expressing my bafflement as to how that conversation went down. I legitimately don't know what he wanted from me. It was weird.

NSESN

Cmon people let's stop being bad influences to the new poster. He might think this thread is always like this
even tho it mostly is

Possibly, but this arc has really soured my taste on OP as a whole. This is the first arc that I got genuinely invested in since I think Water 7. Maybe Marineford if I'm being generous. It felt like Oda was gonna...atleast entertain some of the stuff I've wanted to see for a while now. Intelligent and female villains who give no fucks, battle with the yonko, etc. But it was a trap and he doubled down on everything instead. I'm not saying the arc was a total failure, there's still a bit I like about Big mom if no one else, but it kinda crushed my dreams a bit.

So, at this point, I'm genuinely asking myself, what am I reading for? Reverie, for example, sounds like a cool concept, for a lot of different reasons. But at this point it's pretty clear it's not going to happen in a way I'm gonna like it. So how am I supposed to hype myself up?

I'm curious what your expectations/hopes for it are aside from an infodump arc.

Ray Down

Banned
Too. Fucking. Late.

giphy.gif

I'm not talking about her remaining evil or anything, just her continuing to be snarky and what not towards people in general. I don't mind if she "turns it off" when around Sanji though. So yea, basically make her tsundere.

Right? If you're gonna be a part of this OT, ya gotta just let go and relax lol

I would love to see that.

The Straw Hats need their token tsundere member though

We got Zoro kinda though :p

Veelk

Banned
I'm curious what your expectations/hopes for it are aside from an infodump arc.

Nothing in particular. They're just story concepts I like. Multiple monarchs coming together in a single place. Vivi's return. The revolutionary army. Generally speaking, Oda plays with a lot of toys I happen to like, so that was the carrot at the end of the stick that I was always chasing, with the vague notion of "Hey, maybe THIS will be cool."

This arc is what killed that notion. It won't be cool. Ever.

That's literally what happened to me, so no worries.

I know, I didn't take it that way. I was just expressing my bafflement as to how that conversation went down. I legitimately don't know what he wanted from me. It was weird.

It's still not done dude, i think we can still expect some surprises from Pudding.

I'm a bit disappointed too but, hey. It's been fun imo.

Veelk

Banned
It's still not done dude, i think we can still expect some surprises from Pudding.

I'm a bit disappointed too but, hey. It's been fun imo.

I don't want to give the impression that this arc is objectively bad. Even Pudding abandoning all dignity and falling for garbage like Sanji can be argued to have merits in relation to themes of the series.

It's just so personally disappointing. That's all.

I don't want to give the impression that this arc is objectively bad. Even Pudding abandoning all dignity and falling for garbage like Sanji can be argued to have merits in relation to themes of the series.

It's just so personally disappointing. That's all.

But wasn't it worthy for all the craziness of the fandom when we first speculated about her and then rejoiced on her evil persona? Personally, even if it wasn't the outcome i was looking for i really enjoyed this past few weeks/ months. Specially because Zou wasn't that fun for me i think.

LotusHD

Banned
But wasn't it worthy for all the craziness of the fandom when we first speculated about her and then rejoiced on her evil persona? Personally, even if it wasn't the outcome i was looking for i really enjoyed this past few weeks/ months. Specially because Zou wasn't that fun for me i think.

We bonded so much over Evil Pudding. Good times...

Nothing in particular. They're just story concepts I like. Multiple monarchs coming together in a single place. Vivi's return. The revolutionary army. Generally speaking, Oda plays with a lot of toys I happen to like, so that was the carrot at the end of the stick that I was always chasing, with the vague notion of "Hey, maybe THIS will be cool."

This arc is what killed that notion. It won't be cool. Ever.

I find One Piece is pretty good at having its cool moments, even if it's far from the main tone.

NSESN

I always was on team good Pudding, but eventually enjoyed bad Pudding because bad Pudding is better than no Pudding.

I mean, I still personally think that making Pudding not so bad after all was completely unearned and a huge cop out on Oda's part. Honestly, I've just come to accept that for the forseeable future most manga and anime won't do a great job at portraying women. One Piece isn't really good with it, but it's still better than most of the manga I've seen

Oh the great female fighters that are doing amazing right now

Most got erased easily in the first 10 minutes

I mean at the very least the most successful characters in the tournament besides Goku and Vegeta right now are 18, Caulifla, and Kale. But this probably isn't the place to discuss dbs regardless

Talk about videl and 18 doing nothing till now before this arc even though being stronger than the humans

Honestly, I can't help but feel the greater prominence of female characters in the latest arc of super is because Toriyama is ceding a lot of his control and letting other people like Toyotaro have greater creative freedom

Honestly, I can't help but feel the greater prominence of female characters in the latest arc of super is because Toriyama is ceding a lot of his control and letting other people like Toyotaro have greater creative freedom
This is what I don't like man toriyama gets all the credit and ppl shit on toyotaro I guarantee all these characters getting this shine now is more toyotaro and toei than tori

It's the nomura effect of the kingdom hearts series dammit! Tai puts in work too

caliph95

This is what I don't like man toriyama gets all the credit and ppl shit on toyotaro I guarantee all these characters getting this shine now is more toyotaro and toei than tori

It's the nomura effect of the kingdom hearts series dammit! Tai puts in work too
Especially with the magical girls
That pretty much toei

Top Bottom