• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Euphony

Banned
..fuck it, Pudding has to join the crew

Oh come on, you missed the best one!

fK8v3cD.png

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jinbei is replacing sanji as the person getting a third big fight, the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Seems to me, if you want Sanji to continue having major fights, you'd better hope Jinbei doesn't make it off the island alive.
Jinbei is kicking Luffy off the Monster Trio.

Whiteboard and his 16 Division Commanders
Blackbeard and his Ten Titantic Captains
Kaido and his Three Calamities
Big Mom and her 4 3 2 Sweet Commanders
Luffy and his Monster Trio

Lunar15

All of this culminating in pudding just being a tsundere is pretty lame. This was another running chapter. I wish Oda could move to a monthly cadence because literally the last three chapters could have been one chapter of any other manga.

All of this culminating in pudding just being a tsundere is pretty lame. This was another running chapter. I wish Oda could move to a monthly cadence because literally the last three chapters could have been one chapter of any other manga.

Maybe if he had neither side attack each other.

It's impossible to cram all the events of the last three chapters into the length of an average WSJ chapter without cutting out some big moments. Jump chapters used to be at least 22 pages, but now they are usually around 17 to 19 pages long.
The stuff with Nami and Zeus, King Baum, Pudding meeting Chiffon, and most of Big Mom's rampage would have been removed.

Remeber that Oda is at least five chapters ahead of where the current magazine is, plus he writes the events in an arc with both volume readers and week;y readers in mind.

LotusHD

Banned
<3 Pudding

&#128563;

Hey, the plan sounded dumb at the time!

I think Chiffon is being too optimistic about her mother...

Same girl that thought Big Mom would forgive her for trying to kill her, not to mention forgetting that she shares Lola's face.

Ending things with a cooking session...

You're a genius, Oda.

I've warmed up to it myself, this is the most unorthodox arc in quite awhile, maybe ever.

Is the chapter title supposed to be tongue-in-cheek over Pudding appearing to save the day?

I'm not sure what to feel about Split Tsundere Pudding. If it's a parody on tsunderes, it's not making me laugh.
I think this might be weirder than Pudding just having a heel-faced turn.

Big Mom walking through the ground was priceless tho. Can we talk about how dumb some interweb people were last week for saying Nami one-shotted Big Mom? Hand over your One Piece fandom cards.

But more importantly.....YO! THE CAKE THEORY IS 100% CONFIRMED!
Give Greg a gold star and trophy.

Some of those people still don't want to admit they were wrong. Now they moved the goalposts to it still being disappointing that Nami used Zeus at all.

---

One Piece Manga |OT3| It's not like we want to finish this arc or anything, baka

One Piece Manga |OT3| It's not like we want to leave this island or anything, baka

Honestly I don't got a good title in me right now.

---

So in Gaming side, someone really said with a straight face that Boa Hancock is "by far the most positive portrayal of a female character in One Piece."

I love Hancock and all... but what?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jinbei is replacing sanji as the person getting a third big fight, the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Seems to me, if you want Sanji to continue having major fights, you'd better hope Jinbei doesn't make it off the island alive.
No, jinbei is the tactician. Sanji is black ops. The frontline muscle is luffy, zoro, and Franky

From Sandman:
Here is my translation for Oda's comment about Shichibukai in ONE PIECE The 23rd Log which is released today.

Oda: I haven't finished ONE PIECE yet despite the 20-year-serialization. The main reason is these guys (Shichibukai).
At first, I intended to finish ONE PIECE in 5 years. It was supposed to be a story to fight against pirates called Yonkou.
However, I came up with the idea of Shichibukai... I just thought, "It would be badass if these characters showed up". Then as you can see, it caused this long serialization!!

Why didn't I make them Gobukai or Nibukai!! (TN: "Go" means 5, "Ni" means 2 and "Shichi" as in Shichibukai means 7 in Japanese.
In short, Oda is saying he should have reduced the number of Shichibukai.) I thought 7 was a cool number!! That being said, I don't regret it since I drew what I wanted. ...I'm regretting a bit!!

So no title change?

We're not at page 200 yet. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm glad Nami one shot Big Mam and that she's no longer a threat.

Also tragic way they killed Pudding this chapter, but I guess its best to have her behind us all while Carrot and Sanji go on their honeymoon, hopefully he'll be back in time to bail his best friend Zolo out of trouble in Wano.

Euphony

Banned
Did anybody make that sanji Ava for me while I was at work, Cuz I sure enough see some new pudding in here

I would if I knew more about Shokugeki no Soma, or else I'd just be editing Sanji's face on a random character...unless that's what you want

Edit: Or I may have understood your post and you want something like this? I could take the time to make a transparent background if that's something you'd like

VJkgx9n.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best blackleg avatar possible is just sanji's face in the last panel of this chapter. He'll probably keep it forever.

EDIT: YES THAT.

Jinbei is kicking Luffy off the Monster Trio.

Whiteboard and his 16 Division Commanders
Blackbeard and his Ten Titantic Captains
Kaido and his Three Calamities
Big Mom and her 4 3 2 Sweet Commanders
Luffy and his Monster Trio

The whole monster trio came about from Nami and Usopp seeing those 3 members as monsters. So what matters is how those normal humans view those other members. So Luffy being captain doesn't really change things as Luffy is still a monster in the eyes of Nami. Same with Jinbe, Sanji, and Zoro.

I would if I knew more about Shokugeki no Soma, or else I'd just be editing Sanji's face on a random character...unless that's what you want

Edit: Or I may have understood your post and you want something like this? I could take the time to make a transparent background if that's something you'd like

VJkgx9n.png
Bless your soul!!!!! If you have the time sure I'd love that

Top Bottom